Democrats SHOULD build the wall - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Drlee wrote:Correct.

:?:

What does this even mean? What are you asking? Are you really asking me if I think people are automatically right because they are smart?

:roll:

It is wise to seek the council of smart people. Do you disagree? Are liberals smarter? I do not get advice from "liberals". I get advice from persons. Liberal or conservative or somewhere in between one decides whether to accept opinions, arguments or advice based upon the opinion, argument or advice. The source is a factor in the decision making process. Some people have higher credibility with me than others. But not because of their political bent. I make an exception for Trump supporters. Though I do not always reject what they say I am suspect of their motives and credibility. I find them, very generally, to be a group of people who are not very smart.

Just to remind you. It would be odd for me to not consider some conservatives to be very smart. I am a conservative. I am not a fascist or white nationalist for the record.

You leave out the first part of my post which ties this together, and then pretend you don’t know what I am talking about? You couldn’t claim that if you responded to the part you left out. You then have the audacity to say you don’t trust Trump supporters motives and credibility? Lol
You then fall back to insults after deflecting from the discussion. I am starting to believe those on the forum who do this is due to knowing their position isn’t valid, but they simply don’t care. They just want what they want and the hell with anyone who doesn’t agree with them.

Edit: @Drlee , to get you back on track, on what basis are Trump supporters not smart and what does it have to do with political differences? This was my point. You claim they aren’t smart, so what?
Last edited by One Degree on 17 Jan 2019 21:03, edited 1 time in total.
Drlee wrote: VS has descended into insulting my religious beliefs because he is in so far over his head that it is the best he can do. I have him too rattled to make a cogent argument so I will give him a time out to regroup.

You seem to be the one that needs some time to regroup to me. I am pretty sure that you have the Trump derangement syndrome, just saying.
@Hindsite You appear to have the onset of dementia(which is a real thing). Just saying...

:roll:
Edit: @Drlee , to get you back on track, on what basis are Trump supporters not smart and what does it have to do with political differences? This was my point. You claim they aren’t smart, so what?

They are not smart because they are supporting a serial liar, Russian tool, and misogynist who is destroying our country. That is not smart. They are supporting a group of people who want to act exactly against their interests. That is unintelligent. It is stupid. So I am basing my disgust for Trump supporters on objective facts. That is how it should be done.

One more thing. I have yet to hear an intelligent defense of Trumps more egregious failings. Why? Because smart people don't do that. (That is unless their motives are diabolical. That is another thing altogether.)
Drlee wrote:They are not smart because they are supporting a serial liar, Russian tool, and misogynist who is destroying our country. That is not smart. They are supporting a group of people who want to act exactly against their interests. That is unintelligent. It is stupid. So I am basing my disgust for Trump supporters on objective facts. That is how it should be done.

One more thing. I have yet to hear an intelligent defense of Trumps more egregious failings. Why? Because smart people don't do that. (That is unless their motives are diabolical. That is another thing altogether.)

1 existing independently of perception or an individual's conceptions
2 undistorted by emotion or personal bias
3 of or relating to actual and external phenomena as opposed to thoughts, feelings, etc.

You seem desperately in need of this definition of an ‘objective fact’.
You seem desperately in need of this definition of an ‘objective fact’.

Really?

"If your listening Russia. Hack her emails." Trump

"you can grab them by the pussy....." Trump

"Repeal Obamacare (which benefits low income workers most of all) Trump

"The United States loses "250 Billion Dollars a year on illegal immigration, not including the terrible drug flow. Top Border Security, including a Wall, is $25 Billion. Pays for itself in two months." Trump lie.

You are the one who needs the lesson. You ignore Trumps lies. Or are you just not smart enough to recognize them? Which is it?
Drlee wrote:They are not smart because they are supporting a serial liar, Russian tool, and misogynist who is destroying our country. That is not smart. They are supporting a group of people who want to act exactly against their interests. That is unintelligent. It is stupid. So I am basing my disgust for Trump supporters on objective facts. That is how it should be done.

President Trump is definitely an extraordinary and remarkable man that is attempting to prevent the far left liberals from destroying our country with their social craziness. They want everyone to be given so much free stuff without having to work and achieve anything in life. They seem to believe we should have open borders and accept all comers from all over the world and give them free healthcare, welfare, and as much other free stuff as possible by taking money from everyone that has achieved wealth though ingenuity and hard work. They believe their sanctuary cities and states makes them more moral by putting the criminal immigrants first. But in reality, it is turning many communities into crime infested garbage dumps.

That is not what I call justice and the American way. But they claim it is and everyone that disagrees are immoral and evil people. Hillary Clinton called half of the Trump supporters a "basket of deplorables".
President Trump is definitely an extraordinary and remarkable man that is attempting to prevent the far left liberals from destroying our country with their social craziness.

What "far left liberals"? You can't mean democrats who belong to a center right party. (Note. Rush Limbaugh is not a scholar. He sells advertising for millions a year.)

They want everyone to be given so much free stuff without having to work and achieve anything in life.

Garbage. The democrats do not believe this. The largest welfare cuts in history came under President Clinton. None under Trump despite the fact that he had the entire government behind him. (But you won't care. To do so would require you to consider facts.)

They seem to believe we should have open borders and accept all comers from all over the world and give them free healthcare, welfare, and as much other free stuff as possible by taking money from everyone that has achieved wealth though ingenuity and hard work.

Democrats do not believe this. Perhaps you are thinking about Reagan who instituted amnesty for ALL illegal aliens living in the country. Or maybe you mean George Bush II who passed the largest social welfare program since Medicare.

They believe their sanctuary cities and states makes them more moral by putting the criminal immigrants first.

It will be no surprise to anyone here that obviously you do not even know what a sanctuary city is.

But in reality, it is turning many communities into crime infested garbage dumps.

And you think this is because of illegal immigrants? Are you not aware that illegal immigrants are less than 1/3 as likely to commit a crime than an American citizen is?

That is not what I call justice and the American way. But they claim it is and everyone that disagrees are immoral and evil people.

No. Not at all. "We" believe that Trump supporters are stupid.

Hillary Clinton called half of the Trump supporters a "basket of deplorables".

And you are offended because you do not recognize this legal term or understand what it means. Again. Your ignorance is stunning, though not surprising.
"We" believe that Trump supporters are stupid.

Dr lee’s entire line of reasoning. He couldn’t even explain what this means or how it applies to politics, but it is the only argument he has, so he just keeps repeating it.
Dr lee’s entire line of reasoning. He couldn’t even explain what this means or how it applies to politics, but it is the only argument he has, so he just keeps repeating it.

I have endlessly present argument backed by evidence to show how they are wrong and they simply ignore it. That is stupid. They are stupid. You need to read what you wrote and go to a mirror.
Drlee wrote:What "far left liberals"? You can't mean democrats who belong to a center right party.

The Democrat Party is far from a center right party and there are an increasing number of far left liberals making up that party.

Drlee wrote:Garbage. The democrats do not believe this. The largest welfare cuts in history came under President Clinton. None under Trump despite the fact that he had the entire government behind him. (But you won't care. To do so would require you to consider facts.)

The facts were that Trump did not have the entire government behind him. The Democrats have constantly been against him and the Republicans have never had 60 votes in the Senate. President Clinton was forced to sign the bill because of the Republican control in Congress.

New York City mayor vows health care for all — including undocumented immigrants
https://www.washingtonpost.com/national ... 66aeef82c8

Reagan granted amnesty on the promise that the Democrats would provide the funds to secure the border. The Democrats broke that promise. That is why Trump can not trust the Democrat's promise to to anything to secure the border, if he will stop the shutdown first.
Drlee wrote:It will be no surprise to anyone here that obviously you do not even know what a sanctuary city is.

Sanctuary city refers to municipal jurisdictions, typically in North America and Western Europe, that limit their cooperation with the national government's effort to enforce immigration law. Leaders of sanctuary cities say they want to reduce fear of deportation and possible family break-up among people who are in the country illegally, so that such people will be more willing to report crimes, use health and social services, and enroll their children in school. In the United States, municipal policies include prohibiting police or city employees from questioning people about their immigration status and refusing requests by national immigration authorities to detain people beyond their release date, if they were jailed for breaking local law.

Drlee wrote:And you think this is because of illegal immigrants? Are you not aware that illegal immigrants are less than 1/3 as likely to commit a crime than an American citizen is?

That is 1/3 too many.
Drlee wrote:No. Not at all. "We" believe that Trump supporters are stupid.

Obviously, not all Trump supporters are stupid.
Drlee wrote:And you are offended because you do not recognize this legal term or understand what it means. Again. Your ignorance is stunning, though not surprising.

Then educate us on the meaning of this so-called "Basket of deplorables" legal term, if you know so much.

Hillary Clinton says half of Trump's supporters are in a "basket of deplorables"

The Democratic nominee spoke to donors about some of the "racist, sexist, homophobic" backers of Trump's campaign, but called for empathy for "the other basket" of his supporters, who are "people who feel that government has let them down."

The Democratic nominee spoke to donors about some of the "racist, sexist, homophobic" backers of Trump's campaign, but called for empathy for "the other basket" of his supporters, who are "people who feel that government has let them down."

Can you actually read this? Did you? It makes her look pretty good don't you think?

It seems to me that Hindsite is condemning Hillary for condemning "racists, sexist, homophobic" folks. I agree with her. I condemn these shit heads myself. For Hindsite, the term "shit heads" in a nice way of saying "deplorables".
One Degree wrote:I don’t know how I can make it any clearer. ‘Liberals’ claim they are ‘smarter’ than conservatives based upon their education.

I don't think I've seen this, but I have seen, read, and heard Republicans call Democrats "elites" and "elitists", and not in a good way. You've got a teaching degree, don't you?
Stormsmith wrote:I don't think I've seen this, but I have seen, read, and heard Republicans call Democrats "elites" and "elitists", and not in a good way. You've got a teaching degree, don't you?

Yes, I have a degree. You don’t recall posters on here pointing to some study that said college graduates are more likely to vote Democrat? This claim is the basis of this plus the claim is so full of holes it is basically nonsense.
One Degree wrote:
I don’t know how I can make it any clearer. ‘Liberals’ claim they are ‘smarter’ than conservatives based upon their education.

“Sorry losers and haters, but my I.Q. is one of the highest -and you all know it! Please don’t feel so stupid or insecure,it’s not your fault.” Donald Trump.

“I went to the Wharton School of Business,” he noted several times. “I’m, like, a really smart person. Donald Trump”

Like shooting fish in a barrel.
“I went to the Wharton School of Business,” he noted several times. “I’m, like, a really smart person. Donald Trump”

He is nothing like a really smart person

One Degree wrote:You don’t recall posters on here pointing to some study that said college graduates are more likely to vote Democrat? This claim is the basis of this plus the claim is so full of holes it is basically nonsense.

No, but sometimes I get busy and skip the older unread posts. My bad
One Degree wrote:
You don’t recall posters on here pointing to some study that said college graduates are more likely to vote Democrat? This claim is the basis of this plus the claim is so full of holes it is basically nonsense.

Try something new. Post your evidence. There's a good chap.
Drlee wrote:Try something new. Post your evidence. There's a good chap.

Are you denying this study has been used on POFO? I need you to be clear on your position.
Are you denying this study has been used on POFO? I need you to be clear on your position.

What study? Post the study in question.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Mobilizing for Defeat The Zelensky regime insi[…]

He's a parasite

Trump Derangement Syndrome lives. :O

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjbl_6RDhkM :D […]