#MeToo Hysteria Is A Pretext For Women To Take Power And Money Away From Men - Page 75 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

Prosthetic Conscience wrote:@One Degree , you said "when you shame a group or a view, you are bypassing our legally accepted means of stating our agreed upon morality and placing your view above it.". That's what you get wrong. Laws are not to "state" morality; they are to draw limits on what is permissible by defining punishments. We can express our opinions without "placing our view above" the law. And remember, the ad is shaming a view, not a group.

They only address serious wrongs because they don't cover, say, breaking your promise to do your household chores. Or, in most places, things like cheating on your spouse. Yes, it is commonly agreed those are things you shouldn't do.

Stating the limits of what is permissible is common morality. There is no reason to have laws other than common morality. Why else would you have them?
I said we should express our ‘personal morality’ but not as if it is ‘accepted fact’ that requires shaming of others. If our laws don’t address it (not doing chores) then it is not really a commonly accepted morality because we saw no reason to enforce it. We leave it up to ‘individual moral choice’. To enforce an individual moral choice through shaming is circumventing the traditional means of determining laws by free choice, and replacing it with coercion.
You need to tell me, by what authority other than laws, you are justified in coercing people into accepting a moral code by shaming?
Actually, we already have the laws to punish abusive individuals which is why these types of ads can only be seen as shaming groups.
Rancid wrote:Being a man should be illegal.

It may just look like a bulge in the front of his pants, but if you're a perpetual victim of patricarchy and male rape culture, that budding erection is a ticking time-bomb!

What to do if you spot a developing male penis erection

First, always have your cellphone in the ready position. As the shadows begin to change shape in the front of the perpertrator's slacks, it's time to act! Call 911 and report a pre-rape immediately! Why wait until that nasty animal has clawed its way out of those tight jeans.

If you have a cold drink in your hand, you should empty the contents of the cold liquid onto the genital area of the perp's slacks while waiting for emergency assistance to arrive on the scene with castration equipment and saltpeter.

Continue to apply cold liquids onto the male penis erection area while yelling "rape!" every few seconds, until first-responders arrive, at which time you should give the remaining cold liquids to the professionals and let them continue to control the situtation using their own equipment.

Before leaving the scene of the male penis erection, take a few pictures of the perp, and be sure to share them on Facebook and other social shaming sites.

Our Pointless, Very American Culture of Shame (serious article)
Why is that? Are you for repealing free speech? Or do you want Citizen's United to be repealed? Are you offended that Proctor and Gamble wish to have an opinion?

Do you think that whether or not someone should bully or sexually harass someone else is a political question? I don't. I think it is a moral one.

I get it. It is the money. Rich people should not use their money or public people their fame to forward their moral agenda.

But you called them Social Justice Warriors. If treating women with respect, not bullying other people and creating a safe job site makes me a SJW then you can call me that any day.
Drlee wrote:Why is that? Are you for repealing free speech? Or do you want Citizen's United to be repealed? Are you offended that Proctor and Gamble wish to have an opinion?

LOL what?

Drlee wrote:Do you think that whether or not someone should bully or sexually harass someone else is a political question? I don't. I think it is a moral one.

C'mon, I know that you are more sophisticated than to put up such a ham-fisted dichotomy; where, if I don't agree with a preachy bs commercial then I must be in favor of grabbing my female coworkers bum while she is distracted at the copy machine. I have seen this sloppy argument all over the internet and sorry bud it's not gonna work on me.

Drlee wrote:Rich people should not use their money or public people their fame to forward their moral agenda.

No, they can use their money to push a phony cause but they can't expect everyone to not call it out and just go along with it.

Drlee wrote:But you called them Social Justice Warriors. If treating women with respect, not bullying other people and creating a safe job site makes me a SJW then you can call me that any day.

Really, just stop. In the real world, the stuff that happens in Hollywood between rich men and questionable women is just not happening on a wide scale.

In fact, in all my years as a worker, I have never seen or heard of one of my male co-workers even disrespecting my female co-worker. I am not saying that it didn't happen but I've never seen it.

And I have been personally on the receiving end of unwanted advances from various women, as well as older female superiors groping me and putting me in inappropriate situations while on the job. I have never seen or heard of it happening other than it happening to myself.

Also, what if if a company put out a commercial like this? By the way, the instance @ 0:28 is similar to what happened to me except that the women were older and less attractive.

And I have been personally on the receiving end of unwanted advances from various women, as well as older female superiors groping me and putting me in inappropriate situations while on the job. I have never seen or heard of it happening other than it happening to myself.

So magnificent job of destroying your own argument. Should become a POFO classic.

:lol:
Pants-of-dog wrote:Yes, some of my Catholic friends who were incensed then are now completely supportive of holding the Church accountable.

Im still insensed about her doing her nonsense on a family comedy show as it just wasn't right(Kids/families watch SNL, work it into a satirical skit instead), but I'm supportive of her position elsewhere.

I think she protested in the wrong place mainly. But in her defence options for exposure were more limited back then.
Pants-of-dog wrote:Yes, some of my Catholic friends who were incensed then are now completely supportive of holding the Church accountable.

Yes, let's use fraudulent Christian morality to punish a fraudulent group of Christian crusaders.

This is very similar to burning witches that float. If priests can't follow their invented morality, let's punish them to make sure everyone else has to follow their invented morality. :roll: As if this is even possible. If priests can't stick to their invented script, how can anyone else?

Instead of continuing to follow the discredited behaviorism of a thousand years ago, why don't we realize that our fraudulent morality is exactly that: fraudulent and in need of being adapted to reality, and to real humans and their need for a good life and survival.
Godstud wrote::lol: SNL was never a "family show" which is why it was always on so late.

I supported her. The Catholic church covering up crimes is still something that they are not held to account for.

Such a thing as a VCR you know.....

SNL was/is more kid friendly than our Hey Hey It's Saturday was.
Not to mention the PG "Best of" tapes Blockbuster rented out.

In Australia that was the only way one could partake of SNL until Foxtel(Cable TV) finally arrived in the mid-90s.

The Best Of Adam Sandler & Best Of Jerry Seinfeld tapes were huge 90s rental hits in Australia. The Best of Eddy Murphy was a real classic VHS.

Voting for this guy again would be a very banan[…]

...Genocide requires special intent... Jared Ku[…]

The US government does not care about the ongoing […]

I would also say that the extreme Left can be j[…]