Windows 10 Desktop wont sleep automatically - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Anything from household gadgets to the Large Hadron Collider (note: political science topics belong in the Environment & Science forum).

Moderator: PoFo The Lounge Mods

My father had to take his laptop to a repair shop because it was originally Windows 8 and upgraded to Windows 10. But Windows 8 was deleted from the system when Windows 10 was installed and there was no system restore option to fix the problem instantly at home.
ThirdTerm wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97mSLdTPjPw

My father had to take his laptop to a repair shop because it was originally Windows 8 and upgraded to Windows 10. But Windows 8 was deleted from the system when Windows 10 was installed and there was no system restore option to fix the problem instantly at home.

If I remember correctly, one could only uninstall the upgrade for a certain time, however, IF you look into your 'Computer' Local Disc (C\)Folder, you may see a folder called, 'Windows. old', if you can see it then you can 'roll-back' to Windows 8\8.1,BUT, do NOT interfere with the 'Windows' folder that may be next to it.

Now, If you’ve upgraded a PC to Windows 10—not performed a clean install, but an upgrade—you have an easy option that lets you revert to the last version of Windows. To access this, hit Windows+I to open the Settings app, click the “Update & security” icon, and then switch to the “Recovery” tab. You should see a “Go back to Windows 7” or “Go back to Windows 8.1” section. Click the “Get Started” button in that section to get rid of your Windows 10 install and restore your previous Windows install.

If you cannot downgrade using the above 'restore' method, then it will be necessary to use a fresh media install from a DVD that has a legitimate 'Key'.
Just place the DVD in the optical drive, then restart the computer where you will be asked to press any keyboard button to continue.
SolarCross wrote:Image

Until you realize that non IT people will have no clue how to use Linux. Not sure it applies to Saeko but still. Also Linux is kinda mehish in the convenience department. (GUIs, Sleep modes, Features, etc)

Praise Apple i guess :excited:
@Ter :lol: :lol: :lol:

What I love about your comment is that it can actually be a valid question to ask when helping someone with electronics. However, at the same time it also communicates how stupid you think they are. :lol: I love backhanded comments. :)

As for the comments on linux.

With Linux you are your own IT.

LINUX: Making IT professionals out of regular users since 1991.
How to adjust power and sleep settings

To adjust power and sleep settings in Windows 10, go to Start , and select Settings > System > Power & sleep.
Under Screen, select how long you want your device to wait before turning the screen off when you're not using your device.
Under Sleep, select how long you want your device to wait before going to sleep when you’re not using it.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/hel ... p-settings

Run windows 10 troubleshooter in the Control Panel
Saeko wrote:This thread makes me look like an idiot! >:

Nonsense -

I don't know, judging by some of the replies, you could be a 'genius'. :lol: :lol:
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

@JohnRawls No. Your perception of it is not. I g[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

I'd be totally happy for us to send ground troop i[…]

Any of you going to buy the Trump bible he's promo[…]

There were formidable defense lines in the Donbas[…]