Federal Government Confirms Nearing Apocalypse -- it's very hard to dismiss this. - Page 13 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Hindsite wrote:I try to do the right thing. But you should know that none of us are perfect. Christ was the only perfect man because he was also God in the flesh, the Son of God.

No, I am not saying we should do nothing to fight evil. But I am an imperfect person in need of God's forgiveness. I am a person that believes Christ suffered and died for my sins. I am a Christian.
Praise the Lord.

No one is immune from embarrassment from time to time. But thank you for your concern.

You went to a lot of effort to not talk seriously about Christian Stewardship of Creation, stewardship which would avoid the error of not caring about the environment because it's seen as not as important as other issues, and also avoid the opposite error of worshiping nature and having no place for man to thrive and exist in this world.
the question of global warming should be strictly a question for the scientific community to deal with. the debate, however, has been dominated by politicians who are told what to do/say by their handlers in the ruling monied class for the simple reason that any methods of effectively alleviating the problem would involve an enormous re arrangement of the current wealth status quo. As usual, the most effective way to discern the truth is to, simply, follow the money.

The future of this debate is easy to predict. Eventually the consequences to the planet of man's mismanagement will become such a massive disaster that arguments of the monied deniers will become moot and too little too late will kick in. Hindsites children and grandchildren will suffer some very difficult consequences. But, paraphrasing Comrade Donald's response when reminded of the consequences of an exponentially growing national debt, I'll be dead.
annatar1914 wrote:You went to a lot of effort to not talk seriously about Christian Stewardship of Creation, stewardship which would avoid the error of not caring about the environment because it's seen as not as important as other issues, and also avoid the opposite error of worshiping nature and having no place for man to thrive and exist in this world.

If you want to talk about that, then go ahead. This is what I believe:
Climate Change Researcher Describes Challenge Of Pulling Off Worldwide Global Warming Conspiracy

Professor Jordan Peterson on climate change and climate policy at the Cambridge Union

As temperatures rise, this could mean many of the biggest cities in the Middle East and South Asia would become lethally hot in summer, perhaps as soon as 2050. There would be ice-free summers in the Arctic and the unstoppable disintegration of the West Antarctic’s ice sheet, which some scientists believe has already begun, threatening the world’s coastal cities with inundation. Coral reefs would mostly disappear. And there would be tens of millions of climate refugees, perhaps many more, fleeing droughts, flooding and extreme heat, and the possibility of multiple climate-driven natural disasters striking simultaneously.

I know the science is true, I know the threat is all-encompassing, and I know its effects, should emissions continue unabated, will be terrifying. And yet, when I imagine my life in the future, or the life of my grand kids five decades now, I have to admit that I am not imagining a world on fire but one similar to the one we have now. That is how hard it is to shake complacency. We are all living in delusion, unable to really process the news from science that climate change amounts to an all-encompassing threat. Indeed, a threat the size of life itself.

So what can I do? I think i'll stick my head up my ass, get my science from Rush Limbaugh, locate some crackpot youtube nonsense and say, "It's God's problem." :eek:
jimjam wrote:I know the science is true, I know the threat is all-encompassing, and I know its effects, should emissions continue unabated, will be terrifying. And yet, when I imagine my life in the future, or the life of my grand kids five decades now, I have to admit that I am not imagining a world on fire but one similar to the one we have now. That is how hard it is to shake complacency. We are all living in delusion, unable to really process the news from science that climate change amounts to an all-encompassing threat. Indeed, a threat the size of life itself.

So what can I do? I think i'll stick my head up my ass, get my science from Rush Limbaugh, locate some crackpot youtube nonsense and say, "It's God's problem." :eek:

I think you are making a good decision.
HalleluYah
Hindsite wrote:Southern Baptist Protestant Christian.
Praise the Lord.

You may find this interesting. I have been married for 16 years to the daughter of a very successful and well liked Baptist preacher. I met him. A very good man. She was married to a Baptist preacher and had 3 kids by him, one of whom is presently the leading preacher of a Baptist church. My grandfather was a Catholic priest from Hungary (the rules are different over there) and I attended the Woodstock music festival in 1969.

As i'm sure you have learned, life can take very unexpected turns.
jimjam wrote:You may find this interesting. I have been married for 16 years to the daughter of a very successful and well liked Baptist preacher. I met him. A very good man. She was married to a Baptist preacher and had 3 kids by him, one of whom is presently the leading preacher of a Baptist church. My grandfather was a Catholic priest from Hungary (the rules are different over there) and I attended the Woodstock music festival in 1969.

As i'm sure you have learned, life can take very unexpected turns.

Yes, I have often heard it said that God works in mysterious ways.
HalleluYah
Hindsite wrote:Yes, I have often heard it said that God works in mysterious ways.
HalleluYah

if I must be categorized you may call me agnostic. I am inherently skeptical of one size fits all answers to the rather obvious and unanswerable questions suggested by the infinity of the cosmos.
jimjam wrote:if I must be categorized you may call me agnostic. I am inherently skeptical of one size fits all answers to the rather obvious and unanswerable questions suggested by the infinity of the cosmos.

Everyone needs help to overcome their unbelief, so be optimistic with belief and pray.
Praise and glory to the Lord.
Hindsite wrote:If you want to talk about that, then go ahead. This is what I believe:
Climate Change Researcher Describes Challenge Of Pulling Off Worldwide Global Warming Conspiracy

Professor Jordan Peterson on climate change and climate policy at the Cambridge Union

Where are your getting your stuff? Do you google: "WWW.CRAZY-CONSPIRACY-THEORIES.COM"?
The first video, although hilarious, is a video by "The Onion" which makes satire... You posted a video that was meant to be satire (joke) as if it was your evidence :roll: . As if that was not ironic enough, check out the comment on by one of the youtubers that saw this video over 1 year ago:
MrTacoSr
1 year ago
I feel like this is going to go viral in conservative circles haha they still dont understand what a satire news site is

This is embarrassing even by your standards.
The second clip does not even make the point you think it does. 8) For one, Dr. Petterson credentials and area of expertise is clinical psychology. His take on actual climate change carries very little weight. The question in the clip is in regards to whether humans would band together to fix this problem, and this is a question that he might be qualified to answer as human psychology is his field of expertise. Whether climate change is real or not is not at the center of the discussion in said clip either.
Hindsite wrote:Everyone needs help to overcome their unbelief, so be optimistic with belief and pray.
Praise and glory to the Lord.

No offense H.S. but I prefer to reach my own conclusions (if any) and not have them served up to me. I am all to familiar with human nature and do not trust it a bit.
XogGyux wrote:Where are your getting your stuff? Do you google: "WWW.CRAZY-CONSPIRACY-THEORIES.COM"?
The first video, although hilarious, is a video by "The Onion" which makes satire... You posted a video that was meant to be satire (joke) as if it was your evidence :roll: . As if that was not ironic enough, check out the comment on by one of the youtubers that saw this video over 1 year ago:

The second clip does not even make the point you think it does. 8) For one, Dr. Petterson credentials and area of expertise is clinical psychology. His take on actual climate change carries very little weight. The question in the clip is in regards to whether humans would band together to fix this problem, and this is a question that he might be qualified to answer as human psychology is his field of expertise. Whether climate change is real or not is not at the center of the discussion in said clip either.

This is beyond hilarious. I keep seeing so many examples of right-wing fundamentalists completely missing satire and taking it at face value. I'm so glad I came across this thread! Quite a lot of fodder for my issues-based politics essay. Thanks! And keep talking truth to ignorance!
XogGyux wrote:Where are your getting your stuff? Do you google: "WWW.CRAZY-CONSPIRACY-THEORIES.COM"?

Regardless of what you think about it. They express what I think about the global warming climate change hoax.
Nearly two-thirds of the lower 48 states will have an elevated risk of some flooding from now until May, and 25 states could experience “major or moderate flooding,” according to the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration.

“The flooding this year could be worse than anything we’ve seen in recent years, even worse than the historic floods of 1993 and 2011,” said Mary C. Erickson, deputy director of the National Weather Service.

More rainfall in the Midwest is a predictable consequence of climate change, according to the most recent National Climate Assessment, which was produced last year by 13 federal agencies. A warmer atmosphere can hold more moisture, which comes down as precipitation. :eek: (I wonder if this concept is too complex for Donald to grasp.) (That is, obviously, beside the point due to the fact that any effort to reduce global warming would involve taking measures that would adversely affect the cash flow of his 0.1% plutocratic buddies.)

@Godstud What is a preteen doing in a high sch[…]

He's a parasite

This is another one: https://www.youtube.com/shor[…]

World War II Day by Day

April 18, Thursday The rise of a canny classroom[…]

Seems like the Left in Western European countri[…]