Making Daylight Saving Time permanent - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Florida Sens. Marco Rubio and Rick Scott last week introduced a bill that would make daylight saving time last year-round.

“Making Daylight Saving Time permanent is O.K. with me!” Trump tweeted Monday morning.

What do you think about keeping Daylight Saving Time permanent?
Pants-of-dog wrote:I lived for a while in Saskatchewan. We did not change the clocks for daylight savings time. It was great.

I can imagine that it does depend on where you live and perhaps what work you do. I am retired so just leaving it one way or the other so I don't have to change my clocks to make my doctor appointments on time would be great.
Get rid of daylight savings time. It's a waste of time. Many countries don't have it, and I lived in Sask. as well, where they never had it despite the argument that farmers like it. Farmers couldn't care less. They get up when the sun comes up, not when a clock chimes.
Red_Army wrote:Isn't making it permanent the same as getting rid of it? I agree that it is pointless.

Not quite. Making it permanent means the clocks stay as they are now, forever (i.e. an hour ahead of actual solar time). Scrapping it would mean putting the clocks back to their natural time forever.

I favour the latter, because the thought of it still being dark when I get to work in the winter is pretty depressing. Plus, the practice of putting the clocks forward is pointless and doesn't save any daylight.

Britain already tried a similar experiment in the 70s, and it was scrapped early because people hated it so much.
Heisenberg wrote:Not quite. Making it permanent means the clocks stay as they are now, forever (i.e. an hour ahead of actual solar time). Scrapping it would mean putting the clocks back to their natural time forever.

post tock ergo propter clock.
Heisenberg wrote:Not quite. Making it permanent means the clocks stay as they are now, forever (i.e. an hour ahead of actual solar time). Scrapping it would mean putting the clocks back to their natural time forever.

That means we will all die one hour ahead of our normal allotted time !
Just say NO !
:eek:

@Rancid what does the Aye yo mean? Hee hee. It[…]

First you post a UN resolution that doesn't contr[…]

https://twitter.com/GAMZIRI24/status/1782513808746[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Startup in Muscovy : mother of a Muscovite soldier[…]