Trump, Oh my god ! - Page 17 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By Godstud
You're both nuts. There is no 'J' in Buddha, or in Odin.

:D
By jimjam
Cindy Yang, in case you haven’t heard of her yet, is a Florida businesswoman whose family owns a chain of massage parlors that, as The Miami Herald put it, “have gained a reputation for offering sexual services.” On Friday, The Herald reported that Yang attended a Super Bowl party at Trump’s West Palm Beach country club

It turns out that Yang was something of a regular in MAGA-land, posing for selfies with Trump, his adult sons, Kellyanne Conway and others. According to The Herald, she and her relatives donated $42,000 to a pro-Trump political action committee and more than $16,000 to Trump’s campaign. The Herald reported that Yang arranged for a group of Chinese businessmen to attend a Trump fund-raising event in 2017 in Manhattan at which tickets, which foreigners can’t legally pay for, started at $2,700.

Yang also claimed to have gotten her clients into the most recent New Year’s Eve party at Trump’s Mar-a-Lago resort. News that the owner of a chain of dubious massage parlors was brokering foreign access to the president of the United States should be a big deal. It has the potential to be a sex scandal, an intelligence scandal and a financial scandal all at once. What’s clear, however, is that Trump owns a club where all sorts of characters can purchase access to him.
Slightly off topic but...

(]CNN)The Federal Election Commission fined a Chinese-owned corporation and a Jeb Bush super PAC a record amount after concluding both broke a federal law barring foreign interference in US elections.

The FEC fined the Jeb Bush super PAC Right to Rise $390,000 for soliciting a contribution from a foreign national and the American Pacific International Capital $550,000 for making the contribution, according to the settlement agreement posted online by the nonprofit Campaign Legal Center. The FEC found APIC contributed $1.3 million to Right to Rise.

"Today's action is a rare and remarkable step by the FEC, and a reminder that safeguarding our elections against foreign interference is in America's vital national security interests," the president of CLC, Trevor Potter, is quoted saying in a news release. The levies are the largest FEC fine since the Supreme Court's decision in the Citizens United v. FEC case in 2010, according to CLC. The high court's decision paved the way for the creation of super PACs like Right to Rise and allowed corporations and labor unions to spend an unlimited amount advocating for or against political candidates.

The Citizens United ruling has been condemned by progressive activists, who argue super PACs drown out the voices of average American voters. Rejecting corporate PAC money has become a litmus test for Democratic candidates running for President in 2020.

Apparently Bush brother, Neil, arranged this. I said when super pacs were started without transparency this would happen, and was shocked when SCOTUS went along with it.
By jimjam
I’m thankful for our late night hosts, especially Colbert. They masterfully use comedy to mitigate the daily barrage of crazy and hate coming from Trump and his administration. Trump provides a wealth of fodder for their comedic troughs.

Keep up the good work. Keep finding a way to get us through this dark era until we as a country can return to normalcy with a president who is thoughtful, respectful, and intellectually prepared for the challenges of the presidency.
By Potemkin
jimjam wrote:Keep finding a way to get us through this dark era until we as a country can return to normalcy with a president who is thoughtful, respectful, and intellectually prepared for the challenges of the presidency.

The last time that happened, stovepipe hats were a hot fashion item. :lol:
By Rich
annatar1914 wrote:St. Paul attacks it in the ''Letter to the Hebrews''.

Paul didn't write the letter to the Hebrews. Although its an interesting document and is the closest we have to a smoking gun that the earliest Christians did not believe that Jesus's sacrifice took place on earth.
By annatar1914
Rich wrote:Paul didn't write the letter to the Hebrews. Although its an interesting document and is the closest we have to a smoking gun that the earliest Christians did not believe that Jesus's sacrifice took place on earth.

:excited: :roll:

Total Bullshit, your comment. But thanks for trying, in your valiant attempts to attack Monotheism/Abrahamic Religion everywhere.
By jimjam
for myself the initial Trump effect has worn thin. I no longer pay attention to the daily roll out of lies, hate and stupid shit he spews to crowd out the real news of special favors for his plutocracy friends, drilling for oil in places of great natural beauty, etc.

:lol:
By Hindsite
President Donald Trump is escalating his pressure on General Motors to reopen an Ohio manufacturing plant that recently closed and put 1,700 people out of work.

Trump tweeted Monday that GM should: "Close a plant in China or Mexico, where you invested so heavily pre-Trump," and "Bring jobs home!"

Over the weekend, Trump tweeted that officials should start talks with the United Auto Workers immediately so that the Lordstown plant could be reopened or sold.

Trump’s arm-twisting came in a series of separate tweets on Saturday and Sunday . He capped his weekend rant against the GM with a tweet disclosing that he had vented his frustrations during a conversation with the company’s CEO, Mary Barra.

“I am not happy that it is closed when everything else in our Country is BOOMING,” Trump wrote. “I asked her to sell it or do something quickly. She blamed the UAW Union — I don’t care, I just want it open!”

The union is the United Automobile Workers, which represents the employees who lost their jobs in the Lordstown closure. Trump had previously told a UAW leader, David Green, to “get his act together and produce” for the Lordstown workers. Green didn’t respond to a request for comment Sunday.

Even as Trump said he talked to Barra, he was calling on GM to reopen its Lordstown plant or find another owner, while insisting that the Detroit automaker “must act quickly.”

He also blasted GM for letting down the U.S. and asserted “much better” automakers are coming to the country.

Trump praised Toyota for its investments in the U.S. in an apparent attempt to depict GM as being less committed to its home country than the Japan automaker.
By Drlee
GM sells more cars in China than in the US.

What would Trump say if it was the Chinese leader who was demanding the same things.
By Hindsite
Drlee wrote:GM sells more cars in China than in the US.

What would Trump say if it was the Chinese leader who was demanding the same things.

GM is letting China steal their technology too. What Chinese auto makers are in the US?
By Godstud
@Drlee Hindsite only loves capitalism as long as it benefits him.
By jimjam
The importance of the Trump brand seems to be what drove Trump the father and Trump the daughter to embrace this whole crazy idea of running for President.

And now, thanks to quirks in the electoral process and a thumb on the scale by some foreign resources, they both find themselves in a position where their brand is in tatters and their name is literally being ripped from the sides of buildings.

It will be many years before the world is able to trust the US again. In the meantime, expect more countries to look elsewhere for leadership, as demonstrated most recently by the Ethiopians turning to the French instead of the American FAA. America's soft power is sadly in utter ruin.
By jimjam
President Trump has appointed a former executive from the chemical industry lobbying group the American Chemistry Council, Nancy Beck, as the head of the EPA's toxic chemical unit. About 70% of fresh produce sold in the US has pesticide residues on it even after it is washed.

While Donald distracts the red beanied MAGA pinheads with an endless stream of nonsense and vapid stupidity, the poisoning of the environment and our bodies is given free reign so that his plutocratic buddies can make ever more money.
By blackjack21
jimjam wrote:President Trump has appointed a former executive from the chemical industry lobbying group the American Chemistry Council, Nancy Beck, as the head of the EPA's toxic chemical unit. About 70% of fresh produce sold in the US has pesticide residues on it even after it is washed.

Isn't that an FDA and a USDA issue? Anyway, a court ruled that glyphosate (Round Up) caused cancer. I think it's quite possibly bullshit, but I think Monsanto needs to take one up the six for being such assholes.

jimjam wrote:It will be many years before the world is able to trust the US again.

Do you think they trusted the US under Obama? :hmm:
By Hindsite
blackjack21 wrote:Do you think they trusted the US under Obama? :hmm:

I don't know about them, but I know I didn't.
By Rich
So what if Ivanka replaced Pence for 2020, would that keep progressives happy?
By jimjam
Trump played in the 2007 Westchester Men’s Club Championship and was knocked out in the first round by a 15-year-old named Adam Levin. Trump was four-up with five holes to play, helped greatly by the 60-year-old calling two ticky-tack rule violations on the kid, one for accidentally touching the grass inside a hazard and one for fixing a small ball mark off the green, both loss-of-hole penalties.

That’s when, according to Levin, Trump said to the small gallery, “The kid put up a good fight, didn’t he?” A small bonfire lit under Levin, who wound up winning hole after hole, tying Trump up through 18 and then winning on the second playoff hole.

“He didn’t even say ‘Congratulations’ or ‘Good match,’” remembers Levin, now a data analyst. “He didn’t look me in the eye. He just shook my hand and walked off. He’d kind of been a dick the whole day. We were together for five or six hours, so there was plenty of time for conversation with me or my parents, but all he ever said was, ‘Isn’t this course fantastic?’ and ‘Aren’t these facilities the best?’ He’s a total asshole with no character.”

OH! How surprising …. :lol:
By Hindsite
President Donald Trump touted progress in the fight against opioid abuse on Wednesday and promised to hold drugmakers accountable for their part in the crisis, a day after his administration brought its first related criminal charges against a major drug distributor and company executives.

On Tuesday, the government charged drug distributor Rochester Drug Co-operative Inc and company executives for their role in fueling the epidemic. The company agreed to pay $20 million and enter a deferred prosecution agreement to resolve charges it turned a blind eye to thousands of suspicious orders for opioid pain killers.
By Negotiator
Potemkin wrote:Clearly, President Trump is an obnoxious, dangerous narcissist. But equally clearly, almost half the electorate voted for him to be President of the United States of America. People get the leadership they deserve, and want. :)

If the US people had gotten the president they wanted, the name of the POTUS would now be Sanders, Bernie, the most popular politician back then.

That wasnt the option. Sanders got sabotaged by the democratic party.

The choice was thus between Clinton and Trump. From the leak of her emails, we know Clinton actually demanded Trump as an opponent, and got him. But she was so horrible that Trump still won.

P.s.: This is btw the exact same story as with Assad in Syria. Sure he is already horrible. But the alternative would be IS ! Who want for example to commit genocide against the kurds.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

is it you , Moscow Marjorie ? https://exte[…]

This year, Canada spent more paying interest on it[…]

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachment[…]

On the epidemic of truth inversion

Environmental factors and epigenetic expressions […]