Notre Dame, Symbol of Western Christendom, Burns in Paris - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in Europe's nation states, the E.U. & Russia.

Moderator: PoFo Europe Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum, so please post in English only.
It appears that Nortre Dame as we've known it will be no more. The entire wooden frame parts of the structure are burning.

The loss of irreplaceable art and culture is incalculable.

There is no reporting yet whether this is due to the construction work, or whether it is related to the attacks on other churches in the area.

It remains to be seen what will happen in the aftermath. I expect donations from all around the world to rebuild it.

Politically and culturally I think it will be a seminal moment, particularly for those who want to preserve a Christian heritage in Europe, those who want to wipe out Christianity, and those who would rather raze the stone edifice of Notre Dame and replace it with a mosque.
blackjack21 wrote:Politically and culturally I think it will be a seminal moment, particularly for those who want to preserve a Christian heritage in Europe, those who want to wipe out Christianity, and those who would rather raze the stone edifice of Notre Dame and replace it with a mosque.

Now, now, let's not get ahead of ourselves.

At the best of times, it takes many millions a year to keep the building from deteriorating. The fire won't make that much of a difference. Perhaps it'll even facilitate repairs, unless the workmen keep on torching the place out of carelessness.
Basically, the spire and the wooden structure of the roof were destroyed by the fire. With the fund-raising effort that's being started now, there should be no problem with the rebuilding.

Collecte nationale pour Notre-Dame de Paris

It's been repaired numerous times before, and I don't see any point in restoring it to some sort of "original" state. I like the way the Reichstag in Berlin was restored. Wonder if they have the courage in Paris.

Notre Dame Cathedral will never be the same, but it can be rebuilt
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/vand ... -n509gwb0d

Hundreds of French churches have been getting vandalised each year since the migrancy began. The idea that a place as well protected as Notre Dame could almost completely burn down by accident is ridiculous... but we can probably put this into the "we will never know" bin because every serious crime against anything associated with conservatism seems to get covered up.
I was VERY upset when I saw this in the news, largely because of my strong attachment to the history of the west (my people).

That being said, my cynical side wanted to be angry with someone over this and I wanted to believe that the news was hiding something and that this was probably related to Islam.

Then I realized that the degenerate French were a sufficient explanation; the renovations were probably done sloppily because after all, how much efficient work can you do with an 8 hour work week? Then, once the firefighters arrived and realized that the blaze wouldn't accept their terms of surrender, the die was cast for the old church. :excited:

Not that the Sarte-reading Parisian hedonists give two shits anyway......they were too busy admiring Algerian calls to prayer and reading another issue of Charlie Hebdo bashing Jesus. At least now Notre Dame will match the rest of the city post-Yellow Vest, and the old sanctuary will also match the souls of most "civilized" westerners, especially french men; burned-out and black; beyond the possibility of actual restoration.

Fuck 'em.

Sincerely,
Uncle Vic.
Ultimately, I see what happened in Paris today as a class issue, and I mean that in its purest and most offensive form.

Only shitty, feckless, uncultured arseholes would allow a historical structure
like Notre Dame to fall into such disrepair that it bursts into flames.

Shame on you France. Go win another World Cup.

Losers :hmm:
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

So have people given up on blaming that terrorist […]

@ingliz good to know, so why have double standar[…]

...Or maybe because there are many witnesses sayin[…]

Sounds like perfect organized crime material ex[…]