Why does Ilhan Omar wear a head scarf? - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

I'm posting this here because this is not an American particular issue, lots of these fake-Muslims, or identity-Muslims play this game across the world. In fact I'd be happy if this evolved into a wider discussion on the relation of sexual morality, dress codes/ nudity restrictions and gay rights.

My answer is that she's a lying, hate, filled hypocrite. That she does this as a cultural Marxist insult to western culture. It has nothing to do with her personal comfort adhering to traditional Muslim morals and culture. So I note on the Gay pride march she has bare forearms, elbows and ankles and the top three or four buttons of her blouse are undone. In many traditional Muslim cultures this would still be considered dressing like a whore.

But the more important point is what is she doing on Gay pride march? Traditional Muslims codes of dress modesty are totally incompatible with Gay rights. The dress codes apply to mixed gender settings. Muslim dress codes in single sex settings, such as bath houses are completely different and may even involve complete nudity. But what ever, no Muslim culture requires women to wear head scarfs in a single gender setting. The whole purpose of Conservative dress codes whether Muslim, Christian or anyone else is to stop illicit sexual activity, to make sure the women remains faithful to her owner / husband. Allowing gay sex makes a total mockery of that.
So it is my contention that both Marxism and Cultural Marxism are hate ideologies. They are ultimately more concerned with destroying or at least hurting what they hate over saving or helping what they love.

That for Cultural Marxists

1 Islam trumps
2 Race trumps
3 Everything else.

There's still lots of room for argument in the the everything else. For example does Trans trump Female or does Female trump Trans. But what this means here is that Cultural Marxists require women from Muslim communities to identify with Muslims. It requires them to identify with their Male Muslim abusers and rapists.
Last edited by Rich on 15 Apr 2019 14:45, edited 1 time in total.
The left are doing everything they blame the right for
they blame trump for dividing America while they do it all day by spewing hate against him or anyone who support him
they talk about racist republicans when they are the ones who think all blacks are stupid and should only vote democrat and they call any black who is a republican a sellout or traitor and sometimes they call them racist names like AOC did to some black journalist
they call anyone who isnt against a suicidal open border policy xenophobic when they are the ones who hate their own people and want to tear their own country in the name of "justice" and "being progressive"
Maybe she likes the look. In most of the photos I see of her, she looks very nice.

But that would be far too simple an explanation I suppose.
ness31 wrote:Maybe she likes the look. In most of the photos I see of her, she looks very nice.

But that would be far too simple an explanation I suppose.

Maybe I just like the Nazi Flag. Lets be honest the Nazi flag and many of its variations were fucking cool. I mean they were just awesomely cool. But if I wore it I would be conscious of its cultural heritage and I would accept that most people are going to presume my wearing of the Swastika is in some ways an endorsement of the Nazi ideology. The same would apply if I wore the hammer and Sickle or a crucifix, again potentially cool symbols independent of their ideological / cultural baggage.

The head scarf when worn by a woman from a Muslim community, let alone one who claims to be Muslim is a symbol of Patriarchal oppression. In Islam a woman is a man's property. Muslim men don't want others using their female property, they don't want other men even looking at her hair, let alone her body. The big argument is whether a Muslim man is generous enough to allow other men to even look upon his female human's face. By wearing a head scarf she screams out her subservience to 1400 years of Muslim misogyny, bigotry and oppression.
:roll:

Whatever power this piece of cloth may wield, I assure you, it’s your way of thinking that energizes it the most :hmm:

She looks nice. And that is that.
During the elections, she wore a headwrap with her neck exposed, which she promptly changed as soon as she won. Now she wears a more conservative style of hijab, which also covers her neck. The hijab had been turned into a Millennial symbol of opposition to Trump during the 'Women's March' of 2017. The Women's March organization was later caught up in a string of controversies due its rabid anti-semitic and Islamophilic leaders and ended up self-immolating in various cities in the US.
Saeko wrote:The simpler explanation is that it's part of her brand and public persona.

This is the answer.

Basically, ALL politicians only care about getting elected. They will thus put forth a persona that will get them elected. If that happens to be to appear more Muslim, or more white, or more whatever, that's what they do. They play up whatever personal feature they have that could help them get elected.
The Sabbaticus wrote:During the elections, she wore a headwrap with her neck exposed, which she promptly changed as soon as she won. Now she wears a more conservative style of hijab, which also covers her neck. The hijab had been turned into a Millennial symbol of opposition to Trump during the 'Women's March' of 2017. The Women's March organization was later caught up in a string of controversies due its rabid anti-semitic and Islamophilic leaders and ended up self-immolating in various cities in the US.

So now she only wears the ugly conservative hijab style?
Rich wrote:I'm posting this here because this is not an American particular issue, lots of these fake-Muslims, or identity-Muslims play this game across the world. In fact I'd be happy if this evolved into a wider discussion on the relation of sexual morality, dress codes/ nudity restrictions and gay rights.

My answer is that she's a lying, hate, filled hypocrite. That she does this as a cultural Marxist insult to western culture. It has nothing to do with her personal comfort adhering to traditional Muslim morals and culture. So I note on the Gay pride march she has bare forearms, elbows and ankles and the top three or four buttons of her blouse are undone. In many traditional Muslim cultures this would still be considered dressing like a whore.

But the more important point is what is she doing on Gay pride march? Traditional Muslims codes of dress modesty are totally incompatible with Gay rights. The dress codes apply to mixed gender settings. Muslim dress codes in single sex settings, such as bath houses are completely different and may even involve complete nudity. But what ever, no Muslim culture requires women to wear head scarfs in a single gender setting. The whole purpose of Conservative dress codes whether Muslim, Christian or anyone else is to stop illicit sexual activity, to make sure the women remains faithful to her owner / husband. Allowing gay sex makes a total mockery of that.

My answer is that she's a lying, hate, filled hypocrite. I agree with your answer 100%.
You know, I don't know for sure why Omar wears a head scarf, I suspect that it has to do with Islam... but as an Orthodox Christian I believe in head scarves for women especially in church, and the Mother of God wore one. Modest and non-arrogant clothing is proper for all people.

I think the Hypocrites are the ones who make jokes about ''Ragheads'', but don't seem to remember their Saints and Heroes in the Bible wore them. You know, ironically often the same kind of people who get mad being called ''Rednecks''....
annatar1914 wrote:You know, I don't know for sure why Omar wears a head scarf, I suspect that it has to do with Islam... but as an Orthodox Christian I believe in head scarves for women especially in church, and the Mother of God wore one. Modest and non-arrogant clothing is proper for all people.

Yeah right and how many Gay Pride parades do you go on?
Rich wrote:Yeah right and how many Gay Pride parades do you go on?

Excuse me? What are you attempting vainly to say? I can be a bit dense sometimes it's true but I must apologize for missing your point. I surely believe that you know I am not the sort of person to go in for that sort of thing, nor frankly do I approve of those who do.

I stand by what I said, there's nothing wrong with Ilhan Omar's wearing a scarf or anybody else who wears one out of obedience to God, by the degree of the light that they have to perceive His commands.
skinster wrote:Don't expect to know what Rich is talking about since he's forever all over the place, I mean, he believes in antisemitic conspiracies like "cultural marxism" :lol:

I know him from years here and I know the sort in general, anti-Islamic because anti-Monotheist. I'll give anyone credit or demerit in my book where it is due, but my patience does have it's limits.
annatar1914 wrote:Excuse me? What are you attempting vainly to say? I can be a bit dense sometimes it's true but I must apologize for missing your point. I surely believe that you know I am not the sort of person to go in for that sort of thing, nor frankly do I approve of those who do.

I stand by what I said, there's nothing wrong with Ilhan Omar's wearing a scarf or anybody else who wears one out of obedience to God, by the degree of the light that they have to perceive His commands.

No I didn't think it was likely, but IIhan Omar does go on gay pride parades, hence demonstrating that she is a complete fraud. Anyone adhering to any notion of traditional religious sexual modesty whether Islamic Christian, Buddhist or anything else would not go near a Gay Pride parade. Covering her hair is not because of sexual modesty, but is intended to spit in the face of ordinary Americans.
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

Again, there is a difference between in situ concr[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ay43E94W58 :D […]

Safe zones are indeed not safe if Hamas takes over[…]

You don't remember he was selling presidential tr[…]