Will the Jews rebuild their Temple? - Page 6 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in Israel, Gaza and the West Bank.

Moderator: PoFo Middle-East Mods

Forum rules: No one-line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum moderated in English, so please post in English only. Thank you.
#14999866
annatar1914 wrote:But the Wealthy, the Rich, they DO love Money with all their mind and soul and strength, Money is their God, Money gives them the Earthly Paradise that they want in this World, and they have no real consideration for any other World or other Life than this one. Money gives them everything they want, and the more they pursue It, the more they want. Money insulates the Rich from having to love their fellow man, buying them security, better health, longer and more peaceful life, more attractive mates, and many other things to divide them from the rest of humanity that they hate and fear and exploit.

If that is the case, then I agree that is not good. But becoming wealthy can also be a blessing from God. The wealthy are better able to care for the poor and Jesus said the poor will always be with you and you can help them whenever you wish.

For you always have the poor with you, and whenever you wish you can do good to them; but you do not always have Me.
(Mark 14:7 NASB)

Praise the Lord.
#14999868
Hindsite wrote:If that is the case, then I agree that is not good. But becoming wealthy can also be a blessing from God. The wealthy are better able to care for the poor and Jesus said the poor will always be with you and you can help them whenever you wish.

For you always have the poor with you, and whenever you wish you can do good to them; but you do not always have Me.
(Mark 14:7 NASB)

Praise the Lord.


People help each other by supplying for each other's needs, whether physical or mental or spiritual. Christ commanded the Rich to no longer be Rich (as we've discussed before), He never said anything about the wealthy helping ''whenever you wish'' in the sense of today's ''charity'', but a wholehearted turning away from wealth and luxury... And that is what can be done ''whenever you wish''.

A Rich man can at any time cease to be Rich, but there's a great fear involved, and often, a lack of trust in God to provide for them once the money is basically gone.
#14999985
annatar1914 wrote:People help each other by supplying for each other's needs, whether physical or mental or spiritual. Christ commanded the Rich to no longer be Rich (as we've discussed before), He never said anything about the wealthy helping ''whenever you wish'' in the sense of today's ''charity'', but a wholehearted turning away from wealth and luxury... And that is what can be done ''whenever you wish''.

A Rich man can at any time cease to be Rich, but there's a great fear involved, and often, a lack of trust in God to provide for them once the money is basically gone.

If God decides to bless one with riches, who are we to say otherwise?
#14999986
Hindsite wrote:If God decides to bless one with riches, who are we to say otherwise?


Money is a test, not a ''blessing''. Often, it's more like a curse. Spend on yourself and your friends and loved ones, live luxuriously, you fail. Give what you have to the Poor, and embrace poverty yourself, you pass. Passing with God, anyway, but foolishness to the world, whose God IS Money.

In the Parable of Lazarus and the Rich Man, who went to Heaven and who went to Hell, and why?
#15000015
annatar1914 wrote:Money is a test, not a ''blessing''. Often, it's more like a curse. Spend on yourself and your friends and loved ones, live luxuriously, you fail. Give what you have to the Poor, and embrace poverty yourself, you pass. Passing with God, anyway, but foolishness to the world, whose God IS Money.

In the Parable of Lazarus and the Rich Man, who went to Heaven and who went to Hell, and why?

I agree that the Rich Man should have used his money better in helping Lazarus. However, that is only one of the parables Jesus told about money. Certainly you must remember the parable about money management in which the people thought that the kingdom of God was going to appear at once and Jesus told the following parable:

“A man of noble birth went to a distant country to have himself appointed king and then to return. So he called ten of his servants and gave them ten minas. ‘Put this money to work,’ he said, ‘until I come back.’

“But his subjects hated him and sent a delegation after him to say, ‘We don’t want this man to be our king.’

“He was made king, however, and returned home. Then he sent for the servants to whom he had given the money, in order to find out what they had gained with it.

“The first one came and said, ‘Sir, your mina has earned ten more.’

“‘Well done, my good servant!’ his master replied. ‘Because you have been trustworthy in a very small matter, take charge of ten cities.’

“The second came and said, ‘Sir, your mina has earned five more.’

“His master answered, ‘You take charge of five cities.’

“Then another servant came and said, ‘Sir, here is your mina; I have kept it laid away in a piece of cloth. I was afraid of you, because you are a hard man. You take out what you did not put in and reap what you did not sow.’

“His master replied, ‘I will judge you by your own words, you wicked servant! You knew, did you, that I am a hard man, taking out what I did not put in, and reaping what I did not sow? Why then didn’t you put my money on deposit, so that when I came back, I could have collected it with interest?’

“Then he said to those standing by, ‘Take his mina away from him and give it to the one who has ten minas.’

“‘Sir,’ they said, ‘he already has ten!’

“He replied, ‘I tell you that to everyone who has, more will be given, but as for the one who has nothing, even what they have will be taken away. But those enemies of mine who did not want me to be king over them—bring them here and kill them in front of me.’”
(Luke 19:12-26 NIV)
#15000184
Jesus!

Aside from God, Jesus is the richest person in the universe and heir to God's Kingdom. Jesus is wealthy beyond conception, he can create food, wealth, even entire planets at the click of his fingers. If Jesus can't be bothered to get off his throne and help the poor, why on earth should rich people bother? Jesus could cure all the sick in the world just like that, if Jesus is too lazy to use his super God- man abilities, why in heavens name should rich people have to waste the hard earned dollars on subsidising public health care?

Jesus could easily solve the Palestine-Israel situation by creating a second identical earth, the Palestinians could get Palestine on one earth, the Jews could get it on the other.
Last edited by Rich on 21 Apr 2019 08:34, edited 1 time in total.
#15000264
Rich wrote:Jesus!

Aside from God, Jesus is the richest person in the universe and heir to God's Kingdom. Jesus is wealthy beyond conception, he can create food, wealth, even entire planets at the click of his fingers. If Jesus can't be bothered to get off his throne and help the poor, why on earth should rich people bother? Jesus could cure all the sick in the world just like that, if Jesus is too lazy to use his super God- man abilities, why in heavens name should rich people have to waste the hard earned dollars on subsidising public health care?

Jesus could easily solve the Palestine-Israel situation by creating an a second identical earth, the Palestinians could get Palestine on one earth, the Jews could get it on the other.


That is the BEST post ever!
I do hope that those people who actually have a 'gift for logic' may one day understand that G-d gave all of us a free will. Therefore, any hope for a deity to come and solve your problems is a violation of an aforementioned 'gift for logic'.
#15000431
After Job had prayed for his three friends, the LORD made Job twice as rich as he had been before.
(Job 42:10 CEV)

The LORD now blessed Job more than ever; he gave him 14,000 sheep, 6,000 camels, 1,000 pair of oxen, and 1,000 donkeys.
(Job 42:12 CEV)

When the LORD blesses you with riches, you have nothing to regret.
(Proverbs 10:22 CEV)

Praise the Lord
#15000467
Job still lost all of his family and kids...

He had to live with their loss.

The verse you delibrately skipped over:
Job 42:11 KJV

Then came there unto him all his brethren, and all his sisters, and all they that had been of his acquaintance before, and did eat bread with him in his house: and they bemoaned him, and comforted him over all the evil that the Lord had brought upon him: every man also gave him a piece of money, and every one an earring of gold.


It was the hefty price of his getting back his wealth.
#15000470
colliric wrote:Job still lost all of his family and kids...

He had to live with their loss.

The verse you delibrately skipped over:
Job 42:11 KJV



It was the hefty price of his getting back his wealth.

It is strange that you did not read on to see that God gave him a large family too.

He had also seven sons and three daughters. And he called the name of the first, Jemima; and the name of the second, Kezia; and the name of the third, Kerenhappuch. And in all the land were no women found so fair as the daughters of Job: and their father gave them inheritance among their brethren. After this lived Job an hundred and forty years, and saw his sons, and his sons' sons, even four generations.
(Job 42:13-16 KJV)
#15000481
Hindsite wrote:It is strange that you did not read on to see that God gave him a large family too.


He still lost all of his original family and he loved them too.
#15000575
colliric wrote:He still lost all of his original family and he loved them too.

You must not believe that Job will be reunited with them in heaven.
#15000577
Hindsite wrote:You must not believe that Job will be reunited with them in heaven.


Yes he will....

But he still had to live with their loss till then.

It's a cop-out to say he didn't get extreme grief.
#15000583
colliric wrote:Yes he will....

But he still had to live with their loss till then.

It's a cop-out to say he didn't get extreme grief.

The Lord allowed Satan to attack Job to prove to Satan that no matter how much Satan tormented him, that Job would not deny his Lord.

Then the LORD said to Satan, “Have you considered My servant Job? For there is no one on earth like him, a man who is blameless and upright, who fears God and shuns evil.”

Satan answered the LORD, “Does Job fear God for nothing? Have You not placed a hedge on every side around him and his household and all that he owns? You have blessed the work of his hands, and his possessions have increased in the land. But stretch out Your hand and strike all that he has, and he will surely curse You to Your face.”

“Very well,” said the LORD to Satan. “Everything he has is in your hands, but you must not lay a hand on the man himself.”

(Job 1:8-12 Berean Study Bible)

Praise the Lord.
#15000765
Prosperity 'gospel' is shit. First it is not 'gospel'. The good news is not that you can be rich. There is nothing edifying about being rich. It is easy to give away some of the vast wealth one has.

Let me tell you about the homeless guy who had nothing but two pair of socks and gave one of them to a guy who had none.

But republicans like prosperity gospel. So do so-called Christians who find the message of Christ inconvenient. The few quotes above are the best examples of what Christianity is NOT about that I have heard in a long time.
#15000846
Drlee wrote:Prosperity 'gospel' is shit. First it is not 'gospel'. The good news is not that you can be rich. There is nothing edifying about being rich. It is easy to give away some of the vast wealth one has.

Let me tell you about the homeless guy who had nothing but two pair of socks and gave one of them to a guy who had none.

But republicans like prosperity gospel. So do so-called Christians who find the message of Christ inconvenient. The few quotes above are the best examples of what Christianity is NOT about that I have heard in a long time.

I fail to understand how a prosperity gospel is related to the Jews rebuilding their temple.
#15000848
Hindsite wrote:I fail to understand how a prosperity gospel is related to the Jews rebuilding their temple.


Both are pushed by Christian Zionists, who are predominantly Pentacostal or Evangelical.
#15000851
colliric wrote:Both are pushed by Christian Zionists, who are predominantly Pentacostal or Evangelical.

So what? That does not prove the Jews will not rebuild their temple in Jerusalem.
  • 1
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7

So. according to you @Hindsite , anyone who is a[…]

Yes. However, climate change was originally intro[…]

Earth/humans were anti-money, but not all aliens w[…]

Chinese Imperial Bonds 1911

Communist China refuses to pay the imperial bonds[…]