Cuba has proven that capitalism and technology are failures - Page 50 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

#15005949
The trigger wrote:Well darn it how did companys use the military .


I suggest reading Galeano’s “Open Veins of Latin America” for details.

Why didny you just develope your resources yourselfs.


We tried to. The US sent guys with guns, and waged economic warfare on us when we did.

Your goverment can say no we dont want you but they didnt did they


We tried to. The US sent guys with guns, and waged economic warfare on us when we did.
#15005953
So what your claiming is when your nation refused to do business with American companys we sent guys with guns.
How many did we send was the airforce involved and did we park a aircraft carrier off you coast. Its odd I never heard anything about this happing and 8m in my 60s . what nation did we take over and why did we allow it to slip away. What year was th8s do you have any links. Tell us all more about it.
#15005955
Something odd that book open veins of latin america was banned in several latin American nations because it was basically full of it even in yhe authors home nation .
Sounds like he was a SOCIALIST ak communist trying to blame the United states for the failure of SOCIALIST goverments just saying .
What kind of uniforms did these nasty American have on .
#15005956
The trigger wrote:So what your claiming is when your nation refused to do business with American companys we sent guys with guns.
How many did we send was the airforce involved and did we park a aircraft carrier off you coast. Its odd I never heard anything about this happing and 8m in my 60s . what nation did we take over and why did we allow it to slip away. What year was th8s do you have any links. Tell us all more about it.


The US certainly meddled like hell in basically every single nation in Latin America. To varying degrees of course, but it's undeniable the US significantly impacted the course of events in various Latin American nations.

It has taken on various forms. In some nations is through supporting regime change, in others it was in the name of restoring democracy (while making sure the restored government is favorable to the US). These are things all nations partake in.
#15005968
The trigger wrote:So what your claiming is when your nation refused to do business with American companys we sent guys with guns.
How many did we send was the airforce involved and did we park a aircraft carrier off you coast. Its odd I never heard anything about this happing and 8m in my 60s . what nation did we take over and why did we allow it to slip away. What year was th8s do you have any links. Tell us all more about it.


https://ipfs.io/ipfs/QmXoypizjW3WknFiJn ... tates.html
#15005973
Zionist Nationalist wrote:supporting Authoritarian is maybe hypocritical from the American side but its necessary as there are some countries that just cannot have a democracy at this point because it quickly turns to anarchy and a big chance for theocratic regime to rise

Egypt is a good example of that

By the way the Democrats and their news media are supporting socialism and have tried to overthrow President Trump, I am not sure how much longer the USA can have a functioning democracy. It is very troubling.
#15006038
Hindsite wrote:By the way the Democrats and their news media are supporting socialism and have tried to overthrow President Trump, I am not sure how much longer the USA can have a functioning democracy. It is very troubling.


Let's not have any of this crying crocodile tears over the demise of the notion of ''representative democracy'' from you, @Hindsite. Almost everybody loves a Authoritarian regime as long as it's delivering on what they want It to deliver on, and you'd rather have a Pro-Israel Police State America over a Libertarian America (neutral about Israel and other foreign countries problems) any day of the week.
#15006187
Rancid wrote:I'm not an idiot. Why are you so mean?


But you're regularly living up to the American stereotype, habibi. For example:

On American imperialism in Latin America, Rancid wrote:In some nations is through supporting regime change, in others it was in the name of restoring democracy (while making sure the restored government is favorable to the US). These are things all nations partake in.


"restoring democracy" - :lol:

"all nations partake in" - :lol:
#15006247
annatar1914 wrote:Let's not have any of this crying crocodile tears over the demise of the notion of ''representative democracy'' from you, @Hindsite. Almost everybody loves a Authoritarian regime as long as it's delivering on what they want It to deliver on, and you'd rather have a Pro-Israel Police State America over a Libertarian America (neutral about Israel and other foreign countries problems) any day of the week.

It was the Democrats and their left-wing political news media that were crying crocodile tears when Donald Trump whipped their behinds in the last Presidential election. I am still smiling.
Praise the Lord.
#15006254
Hindsite wrote:It was the Democrats and their left-wing political news media that were crying crocodile tears when Donald Trump whipped their behinds in the last Presidential election. I am still smiling.
Praise the Lord.


Kind of irrelevant to what I was saying, but I would say the tears were a very real manifestation of a psychotic break from reality, in which they think things are what they are because they will them to be a certain way, and when they were confronted with reality they have stubbornly denied it (''not my President'', etc...) to this very day. They cannot concede any legitimacy to Trump or his ''deplorables'' or it would mean the eventual failure of their ideology, a failure as complete as that of other ideologies in the recent past.

However since I personally am almost a Anarchist at heart, and hold liberty rather dear, to my mind both sides of your political mythology; ''Liberals'' and ''Conservatives'', are in fact all quite Liberal and Statist in a very modernistic and authoritarian way. Two sides of the same coin.
#15007212
annatar1914 wrote:...They cannot concede any legitimacy to Trump or his ''deplorables'' or it would mean the eventual failure of their ideology, a failure as complete as that of other ideologies in the recent past.

Both USA parties have the same ideology: Greed is good. Help the 1% and you too can be rich.

However since I personally am almost a Anarchist at heart, and hold liberty rather dear, to my mind both sides of your political mythology; ''Liberals'' and ''Conservatives'', are in fact all quite Liberal and Statist in a very modernistic and authoritarian way. Two sides of the same coin.

If you really love liberty, than you must reject civilization(s) since they are all behaviorist straight-jackets that eventually collapse into violence and extinction.

What I liked about Cuban society is how natural it is, and how little social stratification or superstition there is there. Both social inequality and superstition are big parts of almost all civilizations.
#15007218
Both USA parties have the same ideology: Greed is good. Help the 1% and you too can be rich.


Essentially, yes, I'm well aware of that, that's what the Rich have the Modern State for; to privatize the profits and socialize the costs of their crony public/private Capitalism.


If you really love liberty, than you must reject civilization(s) since they are all behaviorist straight-jackets that eventually collapse into violence and extinction.


If you've possibly been reading some of my more recent reflections, you know then that I absolutely reject the ''Faustian Civilization'' as Oswald Spengler called the Western and Frankish High Culture that arose after 1000 AD and now dominates the world. I do love liberty.

What I liked about Cuban society is how natural it is, and how little social stratification or superstition there is there.


Well, I count Voodun in that ''superstition'' category, I lived in the Caribbean for a while in my youth.


Both social inequality and superstition are big parts of almost all civilizations.


Of course they are.
  • 1
  • 47
  • 48
  • 49
  • 50
  • 51

it's China too and it's just a renegade island […]

perfection would be the lack of contradiction Gö[…]

June 19, Wednesday Francis H. Pierpoint is name[…]

The Mueller report is clear, no collusion no obs[…]