Is Nancy Pelosi Going to OWN Trump a SECOND Time!? - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

@Ter

Ter wrote:Innocent people can also be harassed.

AND we ALL KNOW that Trump IS NOT being harassed. He is just a thin skinned narcissist who doesn't like the concept of being held accountable for his actions and not being above the law.

Ter wrote:I have the impression that both sides in this fight are trying to outdo each other and nobody has the interests of the country at heart.

And you would have the wrong impression too! You have one side, the good guys, namely the Democrats led by Nancy Pelosi, who are trying to protect our democracy from a narcissistic fascist who wants to assume dictatorial powers and be dictator for life namely Trump who leads his support of EVIL HENCHMEN, white supremacists, white nationalists and republicans (and republicans are basically the party of whites and underneath the surface is a white supremacist party in my opinion even though they try not to appear that way) who preach hate and intolerance. If we look back on history, it sounds very similar to a regime that Germany once had. Wouldn't you agree Ter? I mean, the good guys fight against such regimes and that's what the democrats are doing. It's the RIGHT thing to do. It's the GOOD FIGHT the democrats are fighting. You can't be neutral in such a fight as being neutral only helps the oppressor against the oppressed. I certainly want to be on the right side of history in such a fight as we know how history judges the wrong side.
Politics_Observer wrote:@Ter

AND we ALL KNOW that Trump IS NOT being harassed. He is just a thin skinned narcissist who doesn't like the concept of being held accountable for his actions and not being above the law.

And you would have the wrong impression too! You have one side, the good guys, namely the Democrats led by Nancy Pelosi, who are trying to protect our democracy from a narcissistic fascist who wants to assume dictatorial powers and be dictator for life namely Trump who leads his support of EVIL HENCHMEN, white supremacists, white nationalists and republicans (and republicans are basically the party of whites and underneath the surface is a white supremacist party in my opinion even though they try not to appear that way) who preach hate and intolerance. If we look back on history, it sounds very similar to a regime that Germany once had. Wouldn't you agree Ter? I mean, the good guys fight against such regimes and that's what the democrats are doing. It's the RIGHT thing to do. It's the GOOD FIGHT the democrats are fighting. You can't be neutral in such a fight as being neutral only helps the oppressor against the oppressed. I certainly want to be on the right side of history in such a fight as we know how history judges the wrong side.

I was trying to make a neutral post but you showed your extreme anti Trump feelings.
Fine, I have no problem with that.

But when you say:
a narcissistic fascist who wants to assume dictatorial powers and be dictator for life namely Trump

Then I think where is that coming from?
I have not seen or heard anything that makes me believe that President Trump wishes to stay in power beyond the years that he was voted in for.
Ter wrote:Then I think where is that coming from?
I have not seen or heard anything that makes me believe that President Trump wishes to stay in power beyond the years that he was voted in for.

Ohhhh, I don't know, this maybe:

PBS wrote:President Donald Trump says he thinks it’s great that China’s president now holds that office for life and muses that maybe the U.S. will do the same someday.

Trump’s remarks were met with laughter and applause during a luncheon for Republican donors Saturday at his South Florida estate. CNN said it obtained a recording of the remarks.

https://to.pbs.org/2FQs8jx
PBS wrote:
President Donald Trump says he thinks it’s great that China’s president now holds that office for life and muses that maybe the U.S. will do the same someday.

Trump’s remarks were met with laughter and applause during a luncheon for Republican donors Saturday at his South Florida estate. CNN said it obtained a recording of the remarks.

The quoted laughter might have indicated that it was said jokingly.

It would be better if you would get less excited about everything your President does or does not do. You might end up with a stomach ulcer and high blood pressure.
Just saying.
Comment the first.

An MSNBC person said that Mrs.Nancy Pelosi appears these days to be living inside President Donald Trump's head -- rent-free.

Comment the second.

An old saying is that what Peter says about Paul tells more about Peter than about Paul. Given the little doctored video of Mrs. Nancy Pelosi posted by President Donald Trump, his use of the term 'fake news' takes on added significance.
Drlee wrote:Pelosi is a very experienced politician. Infinitely more experienced than the president. She is owning him at every turn.

Yup! Look at how she was able to keep funds from going to build a barrier on a southern bor... wait... never mind...

She is going to goad him into another shutdown just in time for the campaign season. Mark my words.

Anyone who thinks Pelosi "owned" Trump during the last shutdown is a fool.

When Trump indicated a clear willingness to negotiate and compromise, the idiot libs on the left dug their heels in. "Mom & Pop Middle America" were watching, and rightly blamed the Democrats...
up! Look at how she was able to keep funds from going to build a barrier on a southern bor... wait... never mind...

I can see someone has not been reading his court decisions. :roll:

Anyone who thinks Pelosi "owned" Trump during the last shutdown is a fool.

When Trump indicated a clear willingness to negotiate and compromise, the idiot libs on the left dug their heels in. "Mom & Pop Middle America" were watching, and rightly blamed the Democrats...

Or the polls. Trump took a huge hit in the polls for the shutdown.
@BigSteve

Steve wrote:Anyone who thinks Pelosi "owned" Trump during the last shutdown is a fool.

I don't know there Steve. I think the real fools are those that voted for a con man like Trump. The government shutdown was not a Trump victory. And here recently the courts have not been favorable to the Trump administration when he tried to use a National Emergency declaration to take away Congress's constitutional power to decide what is funded and what is not funded:

Josh Gerstein of Politico wrote:A federal judge has partially blocked President Donald Trump’s plan to fund construction of a wall along the U.S.-Mexico border.

The preliminary injunction issued Friday immediately halts a $1 billion transfer of Pentagon counterdrug funding to cover expansions and enhancement of border barriers.

The court order also appears to jeopardize another $1.5 billion of the $8.1 billion the administration planned to use for border construction.

However, Oakland, Calif.-based U.S. District Court Judge Haywood Gilliam’s order only limits construction in specific border areas in Texas and Arizona and does not prevent the administration from tapping other funding sources to advance those projects.

Gilliam said the administration’s plan to transfer counterdrug funding to finance the border-wall construction appeared to be unconstitutional because the legal authority the administration was relying on applied only to “unforeseen” needs.

“Defendants’ argument that the need for the requested border barrier construction funding was ‘unforeseen’ cannot logically be squared with the Administration’s multiple requests for funding for exactly that purpose dating back to at least early 2018,” the Obama nominee wrote.

Gilliam noted that in the wake of the protracted partial government shutdown earlier this year Congress appropriated only $1.375 billion for border-wall construction, limited to the Rio Grande Valley sector in Texas.

“The position that when Congress declines the Executive’s request to appropriate funds, the Executive nonetheless may simply find a way to spend those funds ‘without Congress’ does not square with fundamental separation of powers principles dating back to the earliest days of our Republic,” the judge wrote.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/05/ ... an-1344974

My question to you, Steve, is are you OK with Trump trying to essentially deny the constitutional right of Congress to decline funding? Trump is trying to establish dictatorial powers. Are you OK with the republic being destroyed and living under a dictatorship? Or does any of this really matter to you?

References-

Gerstein, Josh. "Judge Partially Blocks Trump Border Wall Plan." Politico, 24 May 2019, http://www.politico.com/story/2019/05/2 ... an-1344974. Accessed 31 May 2019.
Drlee wrote:Or the polls. Trump took a huge hit in the polls for the shutdown.

Initially, yeah.

But when he indicated that he was ready to negotiate, the Democrats dug their heels in, thereby proving that, despite their words, they were completely unwilling to compromise...
Politics_Observer wrote:@BigSteve I don't know there Steve. I think the real fools are those that voted for a con man like Trump. The government shutdown was not a Trump victory.

I've acknowledged that, initially, it wasn't. But Trump played the idiot left like a fiddle. He put them in a position where they were going to either negotiate or prove they were unwilling to. They chose the latter...

My question to you, Steve, is are you OK with Trump trying to essentially deny the constitutional right of Congress to decline funding? Trump is trying to establish dictatorial powers. Are you OK with the republic being destroyed and living under a dictatorship? Or does any of this really matter to you?

Well, first, I don't subscribe to the basis of your little hissy-fit, that being that Trump is trying to establish a dictatorial regime. That's just stupid. Given that, your question is nonsensical and unworthy of comment...
@BigSteve

Steve wrote:Well, first, I don't subscribe to the basis of your little hissy-fit, that being that Trump is trying to establish a dictatorial regime. That's just stupid. Given that, your question is nonsensical and unworthy of comment...

You are being very naive and blind if you think that Trump isn't trying to establish a dictatorial regime. That's exactly what Trump wants (though he might not get it). His actions and his words demonstrate that every day. Words like this for example:

Daniel Chaitin of the Washington Examiner wrote:President Trump told Republican donors at a closed-door fundraiser Saturday that "maybe" he'll look into consolidating his power like Chinese President Xi Jinping.

"He's now president for life. President for life. And he's great. And look, he was able to do that. I think it's great," Trump said of Xi, according to CNN, which obtained a tape of the speech at the Mar-a-Lago in Palm Beach, Fla. "Maybe we'll give that a shot some day," he added.

Trump was referring to recent developments in Chinese politics. China's Communist Party has proposed repealing presidential term limits, which could potentially allow Xi to stay in power beyond the end of his second five-year term in 2023. Despite international concerns Xi would attempt to stay in power for life, the state-run People's Daily defended the constitutional change as an "important move" that wouldn't necessarily mean he would attempt it.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/trum ... t-some-day

References-

Chaitin, Daniel. "Trump, President for Life?: 'Maybe We'll Give That a Shot Some Day'." Washington Examiner, 4 Mar. 2018, http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/trump ... t-some-day. Accessed 31 May 2019.
Politics_Observer wrote:@BigSteve You are being very naive and blind if you think that Trump isn't trying to establish a dictatorial regime.

And you have to be fucking high to think he is...
@BigSteve

Steve wrote:And you have to be fucking high to think he is...

The overwhelming evidence suggests otherwise, part of which I have provided above for you to review. Are you a fact and logic denier Steve? If that is the case, it would seem you would probably be a science denier too. Is that the case? Do you believe in things like say, climate change or global warming?
Politics_Observer wrote:You are being very naive and blind if you think that Trump isn't trying to establish a dictatorial regime.

We had already established that this quote of President Donald Trump was delivered as a quip, a joke, meant to elicit a laugh, which it did.
To take this out of context for some Trump Derangement fear-mongering is cheap and does not reflect well on you.

I understand that you and a couple of other Americans hate everything President Trump says or does not say, does or does not do, but please try to remain realistic. There is no way President Trump could conceivably stay as POTUS beyond a second term. If he gets a second term. And if he lives that long.

I wonder what crazy scenes of hysterical people we will see if Trump is elected for a second term.
@Ter

Ter wrote:We had already established that this quote of President Donald Trump was delivered as a quip, a joke, meant to elicit a laugh, which it did.
To take this out of context for some Trump Derangement fear-mongering is cheap and does not reflect well on you.

I understand that you and a couple of other Americans hate everything President Trump says or does not say, does or does not do, but please try to remain realistic. There is no way President Trump could conceivably stay as POTUS beyond a second term. If he gets a second term. And if he lives that long.

I wonder what crazy scenes of hysterical people we will see if Trump is elected for a second term.

That was Trump being serious while trying to joke about it. You know, when somebody is serious about something they might crack a joke about something they seriously want to do or be. And there is some things you don't joke about when you are President. It's a joke that's not funny but I don't think Trump was really trying to be funny. He is really trying to insert that idea in a joke to test the waters a bit, to see if he could potentially get away with seizing power and becoming dictator. To sort of get people comfortable with the idea of him being dictator and eventually becoming dictator.

That's what Trump is trying to do. He is trying to break the country down psychologically by trying to get people used to the idea of him being dictator by "joking" about it. Trump ultimately wants absolute dictatorial powers. Look who he admires, dictators like Russia's Putin, North Korea's Kim Jung Un and China's president. Trump is a dictator in the making and he is danger to the United States and potentially the rest of the world quite frankly speaking if he is able to seize the dictatorial powers he wants to seize.
Politics_Observer wrote:@Ter

That was Trump being serious while trying to joke about it. You know, when somebody is serious about something they might crack a joke about something they seriously want to do or be. And there is some things you don't joke about when you are President. It's a joke that's not funny but I don't think Trump was really trying to be funny. He is really trying to insert that idea in a joke to test the waters a bit, to see if he could potentially get away with seizing power and becoming dictator. To sort of get people comfortable with the idea of him being dictator and eventually becoming dictator.

That's what Trump is trying to do. He is trying to break the country down psychologically by trying to get people used to the idea of him being dictator by "joking" about it. Trump ultimately wants absolute dictatorial powers. Look who he admires, dictators like Russia's Putin, North Korea's Kim Jung Un and China's president. Trump is a dictator in the making and he is danger to the United States and potentially the rest of the world quite frankly speaking if he is able to seize the dictatorial powers he wants to seize.

OK, fine, let me indulge you in your stubbornness:
Let's assume Trump really wants to be President for life, and a dictator.
How will this play out in the context of the existing laws and rules and the Constitution ?
He would undoubtedly be very swiftly dragged out of the Oval Office manu militari.

Can you provide a scenario in which a POTUS could try to stay in office longer than the legal four years ?
And what about dictatorial ambitions? We have already seen that President Trump abides by judgements that block his executive orders.
Politics_Observer wrote:@BigSteve The overwhelming evidence suggests otherwise, part of which I have provided above for you to review.

What? Some of your mindless rantings about a joke someone made?

Please...

Are you a fact and logic denier Steve?

Hardly.

But your "facts" and "logic" are hate-inspired rants and little more...

If that is the case, it would seem you would probably be a science denier too. Is that the case? Do you believe in things like say, climate change or global warming?

Of course I believe in climate change and global warming. I just don't believe that the earth is going to die in 12 years like dipshits on the left tend to believe. The earth was here long before we got here, and it'll be here long after we leave...
@BigSteve

Looks like Pelosi is allegedly wanting Trump "in prison" rather than impeached according to some news reports. Nobody knows for sure if she really said that. But I wouldn't be surprised if it is true. Which I think prison is a good place for Trump and where he belongs:

Eli Watkins of CNN wrote:House Speaker Nancy Pelosi told Democrats pushing for an impeachment effort that rather than wanting to see President Donald Trump impeached, she wanted to see him "in prison," Politico reported.

According to the report, Pelosi made the remark at a meeting on Tuesday night as House Judiciary Chairman Jerry Nadler asked to be able to begin an impeachment inquiry.

"I don't want to see him impeached," Pelosi said, according to the report. "I want to see him in prison."

Ashley Etienne, a spokeswoman for Pelosi, said she could not confirm the comment.

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/06/06/poli ... index.html

As president, he can certainly stop it. Why sho[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

@skinster Hamas committed a terrorist attack(s) […]

Europeans and Russians are educated, this makes t[…]

Was Bataclan or 9/11 an inside job??? @litwin […]