Labour Wins Peterborough contrary to media, bookies & polls handing victory to Brexit party - Page 4 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in Europe's nation states, the E.U. & Russia.

Moderator: PoFo Europe Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum, so please post in English only.
B0ycey wrote:Whether you or the UK as a whole have had enough of coalition democracy is irrelevant. The next general election will not even closely provide a majority government for any party if the polls are to believed. And the polls have twice over estimated The Brexit Party support I might add.

Nonsense-

The only polls that count are the real ones, judging by the results of the Local,Euro elections, rather than,as you portray it, the reality is that the Brexit Party is riding a wave of popularity & is likely to at the next general election.
The last point is consisitent with the reality of the main party positions, relating to their standing with the public at large.

So, I do not accept your arguments for one moment, but hey, what's a slight disagreement between 'friends'. :knife: :knife: :lol: :lol:

Beren wrote:The Tories are screwed and Labour is going to lose as well, although they still could prevent the one-issue Nonsense party from taking a seat in a strongly Leave constituency. :lol:

Also, how is your opinion on Labour supposed to be different if you see them losing while the Tories are screwed? :?:

Nonsense ^.

I think that they are both 'screwed', that's not in doubt, the only question then is, how do the public react when voting at the next general election?

If it's a choice between the Lib Dems or the Brexit Party, the former hopped into bed with the Tories with the 'Coalition', they are simply not to be trusted, they are in direct opposition to the Brexit Party policy.

The people voted Leave in the referendum, they want that delivered more than ever & the Brexit Party is the only one to exist to do that with more policies to come.
Nonsense wrote:The people voted Leave in the referendum, they want that delivered more than ever

No they don't that is completely untrue. Brexit / UKIP only got 31.1% in Peterborough. The large majority do not support a hard Brexit, the large majority do not support what is now referred to as a real Brexit. Either that or Brexit is just not their priority. This is in a leave heavily leave constituency.

The idea that the majority of the British people or anything remotely close to a majority are really angry about the lack of a "real Brexit" is a lie. In Peterborough a heavily leave constituency was given a chance to deliver a message to the British Parliament. The message was that only 15.05% of the electorate could be bothered to get out and vote for a so called "real Brexit".
Nonsense wrote:Local

The Brexit Party did not participate.

UKIP, which enjoyed large gains in 2015, lost 145 seats.

Euro elections

Turnout: 37%

Hard Brexit vote share:

Brexit Party - 30.5%

UKIP - 3.2%

No deal leavers as % of electorate: 12.46%

:lol:
Rich wrote:No they don't that is completely untrue. Brexit / UKIP only got 31.1% in Peterborough. The large majority do not support a hard Brexit, the large majority do not support what is now referred to as a real Brexit. Either that or Brexit is just not their priority. This is in a leave heavily leave constituency.

The idea that the majority of the British people or anything remotely close to a majority are really angry about the lack of a "real Brexit" is a lie. In Peterborough a heavily leave constituency was given a chance to deliver a message to the British Parliament. The message was that only 15.05% of the electorate could be bothered to get out and vote for a so called "real Brexit".

Nonsense-

You seem to have your finger on the pulse of knowing more about what the British public want, than they do themselves Rich. :hmm: :roll: :p :knife:

Your comments(as usual)are childish,a self-injected mis-characterisation of reality & what the poster's comments actually say.

The acid test, as always, is the referendum result & the implementation of that decision.

To that end, your response always miss the 'target' for that simple reason, your dreams always conflate with reality.

If what you said about the people were true, they would have voted in the normal pattern that they usually do in that election, they didn't & the result reflects that reality.

The local,euro elections are merely pre-shocks on the political landscape, the real one is coming in 2022, when the two 'main' parties will be taught a lesson they will not forget in a very long time & that is when those 'remain' MP's who frustrated the process of leaving the E.U will get their come-uppance.

ingliz wrote:The Brexit Party did not participate.

UKIP, which enjoyed large gains in 2015, lost 145 seats.

Turnout: 37%

Hard Brexit vote share:

Brexit Party - 30.5%

UKIP - 3.2%

No deal leavers as % of electorate: 12.46%

Nonsense-

A party appears out of nowhere & picks up 30.5% share of the vote.

UKIP are history.

Labour are going nowhere.
Tories are accelerating Southwards.

Parliament- Remember, they voted for 'no deal', by voting down the alternatives, but then they are too stupid & uneducated to acknowledge that.

Which is why many 'remain' MP's will have new 'careers' in 2022. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Nonsense wrote:A party appears out of nowhere & picks up 30.5% share of the vote.

If the English cared enough to get off their arses to vote in the Euro elections you may have had a point. But when for the most part it was only the hard core Leavers and Remainers that could be arsed to turn up, it means fuck all.

Nonsense wrote:Which is why many 'remain' MP's will have new 'careers' in 2022. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I doubt we will have to wait until 2022 for a general election @Nonsense.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/politics/2019/jun/10/choosing-boris-johnson-as-pm-would-lead-to-general-election-amber-rudd

Although I think your assertion that the Brexit Party will get a working majority is almost laughable. No party will get a majority but keep chasing that dragon. It's what right wingers do best. :lol:

As for what the public want, you need to get out more. Listening to the voices down your local Brexit public house isn't the voices of everyone and everyone gets a chance to vote in a general election - even remainers.
B0ycey wrote:I doubt we will have to wait until 2022 for a general election @Nonsense.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/politics/2019/jun/10/choosing-boris-johnson-as-pm-would-lead-to-general-election-amber-rudd

Although I think your assertion that the Brexit Party will get a working majority is almost laughable. No party will get a majority but keep chasing that dragon. It's what right wingers do best. :lol:

As for what the public want, you need to get out more. Listening to the voices down your local Brexit public house isn't the voices of everyone and everyone gets a chance to vote in a general election - even remainers.

I can understand why Nonsense would have that fantasy.

From what Farage did, the people rally around him behave much like the Chinese Communist Party and their agents / enablers. They are primarily bound by (selfish) pursuit of benefits, and their voters are often the same kind of people. To the contrary, remainers, like the pro-West / pro-democratic people in Hong Kong, often have their own agenda and aspirations of the society, that it's often harder for them to unite.

In fact, it's the Commies, who from time to time present oppressive plans, that "unite" the good people in Hong Kong better. If the Commies don't do bad things, there will be no common enemy to rally people around.

Therefore, while they might fall short because of their questionable agenda, I think Faragists actually can come closer to a working majority (or some might say, dictatorship) than any other party in the UK.
B0ycey wrote:I doubt we will have to wait until 2022 for a general election.

I'd expect a nationwide lynching spree rather than a general election in post-Brexit Britain in 2022. :lol:

The Guardian wrote:The work and pensions secretary, who has announced she is backing Jeremy Hunt, the foreign secretary, to succeed Theresa May

So it's going to be decided between Johnson and Hunt? :excited:

I wonder if Dominic Raab only runs to cover BoJo's opportunistic idiocy and make it seem plausible.
Nonsense wrote:Your comments(as usual)are childish,

:lol: Oh touched a sore point did I? Upset that what you thought should happen didn't happen. You've repeatedly told us that both Tory and Labour were going to face dire punishment for not delivering Brexit. in fact for not delivering your interpretation of what Brexit should be. And in Peterborough Labour received no punishment. As I said, maybe Farage will finally find a by-election to make a break through, but as it stands we're still waiting for the promised electoral Armageddon.
Rich wrote::lol: Oh touched a sore point did I? Upset that what you thought should happen didn't happen. You've repeatedly told us that both Tory and Labour were going to face dire punishment for not delivering Brexit. in fact for not delivering your interpretation of what Brexit should be. And in Peterborough Labour received no punishment. As I said, maybe Farage will finally find a by-election to make a break through, but as it stands we're still waiting for the promised electoral Armageddon.

Nonsense-

No Rich, you didn't touch a sore point at all, but you are still being childish.

As for what I thought should happen but didn't, it's not game over yet.

As for 'punishment', are you saying it is not being inflicted?

If so, I find that to be unbelievable, but for the main act, you will have to be patient until 2022.
I have never had any 'interpretation' of what Brexit should be, just that Leave means leave & should be implemented as promised.

B0ycey wrote:I doubt we will have to wait until 2022 for a general election @Nonsense.

Nonsense-

It may seem 'laughable' BOYcey, but what since the referendum hasn't been so in political terms.
ingliz wrote:If the English cared enough to get off their arses to vote in the Euro elections you may have had a point. But when for the most part it was only the hard core Leavers and Remainers that could be arsed to turn up, it means fuck all.

Nonsense-

But, it's only those who can be bothered to vote who make the difference.

By your reckoning, had all the potential 'remainers' bothered to vote when they had the chance, perhaps the result may have been different.
By the same token, the result may have remained the same with an even larger majority voting leave, anyway, it's a pointless excercise.

What will be different at the next general election is, those 'remain' MP's will be held to account for their actions, even if they were in accord with their constituency wishes, because in a 'democracy' MP's are supposed to support democracy, even by referendum's, of which some 11 have been held since 1974 & MP's don't have a mandate to ignore democratic decisions.
Nonsense wrote:it's only those who can be bothered to vote who make the difference.

Vote share:

Remain parties - 56.4%

Leave parties - 43.6%

MP's don't have a mandate to ignore democratic decisions.

On Wednesday, Labour will launch a cross-party parliamentary bid to block a new prime minister forcing a no-deal Brexit. Backed by the former Conservative minister Oliver Letwin and the SNP, Liberal Democrats and Greens, Jeremy has tabled a motion that, if passed, would give MPs control of the parliamentary agenda on 25 June.

Unlike typical opposition day debates, the motion, if passed, will be binding.

:)
The surprise result may have been due to electoral fraud.

Burned Brexit Party Ballots, Voter Fraud Under Investigation.

A local Labour Party campaigner previously convicted of electoral fraud was present throughout the campaign and, critically, at the official election count.

Tariq Mahmood is a well-known local Labour Party activist, finding most of his fame due to his electoral fraud conviction and his racist remarks about Conservative Party Member of Parliament Sajid Javid.

SolarCross wrote:The surprise result may have been due to electoral fraud.

:lol: Would serve the Brexit party right if that was the reason. Nigel Farage along with anti-NATO, open-borders, IRA and PLO terrorist supporter Clare Fox have become the establishment's Islamophillic gate keepers. The establishment and Farage have made a deal, they will big up Farage as a bulwark against Isamorealist UKIP in return, he has to keep quiet about Muslim outrages.
Rich wrote::lol: Would serve the Brexit party right if that was the reason. Nigel Farage along with anti-NATO, open-borders, IRA and PLO terrorist supporter Clare Fox have become the establishment's Islamophillic gate keepers. The establishment and Farage have made a deal, they will big up Farage as a bulwark against Isamorealist UKIP in return, he has to keep quiet about Muslim outrages.

That may be a touch paranoid. I don't think Farage is "keeping quiet about Muslim outrages" he is just focused on brexit. UKIP to some extent is trying to be a broader church by opening up to "Islamorealists" and mass migration skeptics but that just muddies the message. Instead of being about the EU the conversation becomes about "racism" etc.
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

@skinster Hamas committed a terrorist attack(s)[…]

"Ukraine’s real losses should be counted i[…]

I would bet you have very strong feelings about DE[…]

@Rugoz A compromise with Putin is impossibl[…]