Let's try this again: I'm a hyper-capitalist, AMA, or come debate me - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Workers of the world, unite! Then argue about Trotsky and Stalin for all eternity...
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
ingliz wrote:Believe what you want, the only reason we could have for believing in God would be that it was necessary to postulate his existence to account for some observed fact or facts. But science can explain everything we observe, and its explanations do not appeal to God or to any other supernatural agency. Hence, there is no reason to believe that God exists. That is to say, the existence of God is an unnecessary hypothesis.

:)

There is plenty of science to support God, and also no one has yet proven that God does not exist. You also have to prove that something is not, the same way you have to prove that something is.
The Goldpill wrote:You also have to prove that something is not

If the 'you can't prove a negative' argument means you cannot prove beyond all possible doubt that something does not exist, well, that may (arguably) be true. But so what? That point is irrelevant so far as defending beliefs in supernatural entities against the charge that science and/or reason have established beyond reasonable doubt that they don't exist.

ingliz wrote:If the 'you can't prove a negative' argument means you cannot prove beyond all possible doubt that something does not exist, well, that may (arguably) be true. But so what? That point is irrelevant so far as defending beliefs in supernatural entities against the charge that science and/or reason have established beyond reasonable doubt that they don't exist.

Well, it's very important because it proves that none of us have any clue of what's actually going on. Faith, is not a choice. You either have faith in God's existence, or you have faith is his non-existence.
The Goldpill wrote:faith

When I am in philosophical mood, I make no claims as to the existence of the supernatural other than to state that there is no evidence to believe in the supernatural.

For practical purposes, I tend to treat absence of evidence as evidence of absence - No dragons fly over my house, there are no fairies at the bottom of my garden, God is not ligged out on my sofa watching the soaps.

You also have to prove that something is not

Ei incumbit probatio qui dicit, non qui negat.

There is no evidence of gods having ever interacted with the natural world. If you are claiming otherwise, that is an extraordinary claim, and the onus is on you to prove it.

ingliz wrote:When I am in philosophical mood, I make no claims as to the existence of the supernatural other than to state that there is no evidence to believe in the supernatural.

For practical purposes, I tend to treat absence of evidence as evidence of absence - No dragons fly over my house, there are no fairies at the bottom of my garden, God is not ligged out on my sofa watching the soaps.

Ei incumbit probatio qui dicit, non qui negat.

There is no evidence of gods having ever interacted with the natural world. If you are claiming otherwise, that is an extraordinary claim, and the onus is on you to prove it.

Like I've said, if you can prove to me that you can create something out of nothing, and that you can create life out of non life (AI is still made by life), then I'll consider the non-existence of God.
You need to swallow the goldpill. It's not an easy task. But, it's worth it. Once you do so, you'll see the truth and beauty in my words.

I think that sometimes you probably manage to persuade yourself. As I said, at least you're honestly thinking and saying what many Rich unconsciously believe.

Yes, the wealth is the product of man's mind. A mind corrupted with ideas of poverty can never accumulate wealth.

''Corrupted with ideas of poverty''? Hardly, poverty has been the salvation of many in this life.

And I'm not a product of a system, that system is the product of my ideas. Or better, of God's idea. For we only follow his path, his truth.

Only if your God is Mammon, symbolized by the Golden Calf.

All the so called "communist leaders" are aware of this and are playing the exact same game as we are. Make no mistake. There is plenty of money to be made in stealing and killing, like in communism. "WE MUST CEASE THE MEANS OF REPRODUCTION!!" Lmao...

No, looking at the history of the ideology of Communism, their flaws have been others, not the ones you project.

"Please allow me to introduce myself. I'm a man of wealth and taste". Come on man, show some sympathy.

I won't shower curses and vitriol upon you if the Archangel Michael did not, but I will be honest.

My days might be outnumbered, but the ideas will live on. They are eternal. Because they align with nature itself, and so we can not be the enemy of Christianity, the enemy of God. I am, however, the enemy of slave morality. Somehow, the mainstream Christianity got corrupted with certain ideas of moral weakness. Ideas which were never spoken by Jesus.

I've heard that story before and it's as false and putrid as when I first heard it years ago.

If The Rich, are the enemy of God, why did the God make it so that "Whoever has will be given more, and they will have an abundance. Whoever does not have, even what they have will be taken from them." This is the Law of Accumulation.

The parable speaks of one's supernatural gifts provided by God, not literal material money.

The labor of a worker is always fairly valued, for the worker in a capitalist system sells his own labor for the highest amount he can get.

I' talking about the surplus value.

Worker does not create all the value.

Actually they do.

Most workers do not even work hard. Those who work hard, are payed more, because they can ask and get more. And somehow, for some reason, you put a blind eye for the sweat, blood and tears of an owner. Most of whom work 16 hours a day, on easy days.

Aside from those businessmen involved in management/administration, I speak more to those who provide Capital, which is taken from the surplus value of previous production to begin with.
The Goldpill wrote:I gave you the evidence

What evidence?

This...

"If The Rich, are the enemy of God, why did the God make it so..."

A silly question-begging statement that because some people are born rich and some are born poor this is somehow proof there is a God.

You will have to do better than that.

:lol:
ingliz wrote:What evidence?

This...

"If The Rich, are the enemy of God, why did the God make it so..."

A silly question-begging statement that because some people are born rich and some are born poor this is somehow proof there is a God.

You will have to do better than that.

:lol:

Dude, you'll have to use more than those single digits...
What I was referring was this:
"Like I've said, if you can prove to me that you can create something out of nothing, and that you can create life out of non life (AI is still made by life), then I'll consider the non-existence of God."
annatar1914 wrote:''Corrupted with ideas of poverty''? Hardly, poverty has been the salvation of many in this life.

That's what Satan would say. It makes sense that you are a communist, because poverty is exactly what those who praise communism get, if they survive the bullet from their comrades, that is.

annatar1914 wrote:Only if your God is Mammon, symbolized by the Golden Calf.

What's ironic is that rich people are not obsessed with wealth as much as most communists are. Wealthy people realize the power and the weaknesses of wealth and money, while greedy communists do not have this knowledge.

annatar1914 wrote:No, looking at the history of the ideology of Communism, their flaws have been others, not the ones you project.

The flaws I mentioned are the major ones, and unavoidable. But, you're right. There are many more flaws with communist teaching.

annatar1914 wrote:I've heard that story before and it's as false and putrid as when I first heard it years ago.

What's false about it?

annatar1914 wrote:The parable speaks of one's supernatural gifts provided by God, not literal material money.

Like I've said, the teaching talks about the Law of Accumulation. This works with many more things like, sex, intellect, popularity, survival, mass of stars, sales and marketing, innovation, and so on... Money is just the most obvious one.

annatar1914 wrote:I' talking about the surplus value.

I know you were. The surplus value is the core flaw of marxist economics. The price of a product is not determined by the amount of work put into its production, but by the subjective contract between a buyer and a seller. You're a salesman, you should know this.

annatar1914 wrote:Actually they do.

Actually they don't.

annatar1914 wrote:Aside from those businessmen involved in management/administration, I speak more to those who provide Capital, which is taken from the surplus value of previous production to begin with.

No it's not.
The Goldpill wrote:There is plenty of noble and just in accumulating capital, even at the expense of others (which I do not endorse).

There's a difference between accumulating capital at the expense of others who are your competitors and have the same liberty right to access opportunities as you, which is just, and accumulating it at the expense of others whose rights are being abrogated without just compensation for your benefit, which is unjust.
The strong have the right to exploit the weak.

Only if the weak's rights are not being abrogated without just compensation for the benefit of the strong.
It's the responsibility of the weak to not allow that, but then they wouldn't be weak, would they?

No. It's not the responsibility of the weak to defend themselves against the strong. That is the subhuman animal's mode of existence. In human society, we recognize that it is everyone's responsibility to defend everyone else's rights -- though normally we delegate the heavy lifting to government.
Value of something is measured in its survival power.

No. Value in the economic sense is what something would trade for.
What about Andrew Carnegie, Henry Ford, Elon Musk, Warren Buffett, and so on...

Carnegie, Ford and Musk all created wealth, though certainly not as much as they accumulated. Buffett was just more astute than others at discerning who would be most successful at placing their pockets in the path of wealth others created, and placing his own pockets there, too.
Not the noblest, but very very close to it.

Not even close.
If there is no Hell and if poor people are not in it, then why are they the ones who suffer the most?

Because they have the least material wherewithal to secure what they need to avoid suffering. That's almost tautological.
Listen to this guy. He knows what he's talking about.

Rich has some honesty, true.
I would just add that the land is not stolen, but conquered.

I.e., taken by force, against the will and abrogating the rights of those who would otherwise be at liberty to use it. Which is different from stealing how, exactly...?
If one can not protect the land for itself, it does not belong to them in the first place.

You need to learn the difference between ownership and brute, animal possession.
The ownership of anything, especially land, is measured by ones power (read control) over it.

No it isn't. Google "ownership definition" and start reading.
The Goldpill wrote:that you can create life out of non life

Just for you...

Baaske P, Weinert FM, Duhr S, Lemke KH, Russell MJ, Braun D (2007) Extreme accumulation of nucleotides in simulated hydrothermal pore systems. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 104: 9346-9351

Bada JL, Fegley B Jr, Miller SL, Lazcano A, Cleaves HJ, Hazen RM, Chalmers J (2007) Debating evidence for the origin of life on Earth. Science 315:937-939

Bailey J, Chrysostomou A, Hough JH, Gledhill TM, McCall A, Clark S, Menard F, Tamura M (1998) Circular polarization in star-formation regions: implications for biomolecular homochirality. Science 281: 672-674

Basset M-P (2003) Is high-pressure water the cradle of life? JPCM 15: 1353-1361

Bokov K, Steinberg SV (2009) A hierarchical model for evolution of 23S ribosomal RNA. Nature 457: 977-980

Breslow R, Levine SM (2006) Amplification of enantiomeric concentrations under credible prebiotic conditions. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 103:12979-12980

Budin I, Bruckner RJ, Szostak JW (2009) Formation of protocell-like vesicles in a thermal diffusion column. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 131: 9628-9629

Castro-Puyana M, Salgado A, Hazen RM, Crego AL, Alegre ML (2008) The first contribution of capillary electrophoresis to the study of abiotic origins of homochirality: Investigation of the enantioselective adsorption of 3-carboxy adipic acid on minerals. Electrophoresis 29:1548-1555

Chen IA, Roberts RW, Szostak JW (2004) The emergence of competition between model protocells. Science 305:1474-1476

Chyba C, Sagan C (1992) Endogenous production, exogenous delivery and impact-shock synthesis of organic molecules: an inventory for the origins of life. Nature 355:125-132

Chyba CF (2005) Rethinking Earth's early atmosphere. Science 308: 962-963

Cleaves HJ, Chalmers JH, Lazcano A, Miller SL, Bada JL (2008) A reassessment of prebiotic organic synthesis in neutral planetary atmospheres. Orig. Life Evol. Biosph. 38:105-115

Cody GD, Boctor NZ, Filley TR, Hazen RM, Scott JH, Sharma A, Yoder HS Jr. (2000) Primordial carbonylated iron-sulfur compounds and the synthesis of pyruvate. Science 289:1337-1340

Cordova A, Ibrahem I, Casas J, Sunden H, Engquist M, Reyes E (2005a) Amino acid catalyzed neogenesis of carbohydrates: a plausible ancient transformation. Chemistry 11: 4772-4784

Cordova A, Engquist M, Ibrahem I, Casas J, Sunden H. (2005b) Plausible origins of homochirality in the amino acid catalyzed neogenesis of carbohydrates. Chem. Commun. (Camb) (2005): 2047­-2049

Cordova A, Zou W, Dziedzic P, Ibrahem I, Reyes E, Xu Y (2006) Direct asymmetric intermolecular aldol reactions catalyzed by amino acids and small peptides. Chemistry 12: 5383-5397

Cronin JR, Pizzarello S (1997) Enantiomeric excesses in meteoritic amino acids. Science 275: 951-955

De Duve C, Miller SL (1991) Two-dimensional life? Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 88: 10014-10017

De Duve, C (1995) The beginnings of life on earth. American Scientist 83: 428-437

Eder U, Sauer G, Wiechert R (1971) New Type of Asymmetric Cyclization to Optically Active Steroid CD Partial Structures. Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. Engl. 10:496-497

Eigen M, Schuster P (1977) The hypercycle. A principle of natural self-organization. Part A: Emergence of the hypercycle. Naturwissenschaften 64: 541-565

Eigen M, Biebricher CK, Gebinoga M, Gardiner WC (1991) The hypercycle. Coupling of RNA and protein biosynthesis in the infection cycle of an RNA bacteriophage. Biochemistry 30:11005-11008

Gil R, Silva FJ, Pereto J, Moya A (2004) Determination of the core of a minimal bacterial gene set. Microbiol. Mol. Biol. Rev. 68: 518-537

Glass JI, Assad-Garcia N, Alperovich N, Yooseph S, Lewis MR, Maruf M, Hutchison CA 3rd, Smith HO, Venter JC (2006) Essential genes of a minimal bacterium. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 103: 425-430

Glavin DP, Dworkin JP (2009) Enrichment of the amino acid L-isovaline by aqueous alteration on CI and CM meteorite parent bodies. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 106: 5487-5492

Hajos ZG, Parrish DR (1974) Asymmetric synthesis of bicyclic intermediates of natural product chemistry. J. Org. Chem. 39:1615-1621

Hanczyc, MM, Fujikawa, SM, Szostak, JW (2003) Experimental models of primitive cellular compartments: Encapsulation, growth and division. Science 302:618-622

Hanczyc MM, Szostak JW (2004) Replicating vesicles as models of primitive cell growth and division. Curr. Opin.Chem. Biol. 8:660-664

Hanczyc MM, Mansy SS, Szostak JW (2007) Mineral Surface Directed Membrane Assembly. Orig. Life Evol. Biosph. 37:67-82

Hazen, RM, Filley TR, Goodfriend GA (2001) Selective adsorption of L- and D-amino acids on calcite: Implications for biochemical homochirality. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 98:5487-5490

Hazen RM, Boctor N, Brandes JA, Cody GD, Hemley RJ, Sharma A, Yoder Jr HS (2002) High pressure and the origin of life. JPCM 14: 11489-11494

Hazen RM (2005) Gen-e-sis: The Scientific Quest for Life’s Origins, Joseph Henry Press

Hitz TH, Luisi PL (2004) Spontaneous onset of homochirality in oligopeptide chains generated in the polymerization of N-carboxyanhydride amino acids in water. Orig. Life Evol. Biosph. 34:93-110

Huang W, Ferris JP (2006) One-step, regioselective synthesis of up to 50-mers of RNA oligomers by montmorillonite catalysis. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 128: 8914-8919

Huber C, Wächtershäuser G (1997) Activated acetic acid by carbon fixation on (Fe,Ni)S under primordial conditions. Science 276:245-247

Huber C, Eisenreich W, Hecht S, Wächtershäuser G (2003) A possible primordial peptide cycle. Science 301: 938-940

Huber C, Wächtershäuser G (2006) alpha-hydroxy and alpha-amino acids under possible Hadean, volcanic origin-of-life conditions. Science 314:630-632

Johnson AP, Cleaves HJ, Dworkin JP, Glavin DP, Laczano A, Bada JL (2008) The Miller volcanic spark discharge experiment. Science 322:404

Johnston WK, Unrau PJ, Lawrence MS, Glasner ME, Bartel DP (2001) RNA-catalyzed RNA polymerization: accurate and general RNA-templated primer extension. Science 292: 1319-1325

Joyce GF (2002) The antiquity of RNA-based evolution. Nature 418:214–221

Kauffman, Stuart. (1993) Origins of Order: Self-Organization and Selection in Evolution, Oxford University Press

Kasting JF, Zahnle KJ, Walker JCG (1983) Photochemistry of methane in the earth's early atmosphere. Precambrian Res. 20: 121-148

Klussmann M, Iwamura H, Mathew SP, Wells DH Jr, Pandya U, Armstrong A, Blackmond DG (2006) Thermodynamic control of asymmetric amplification in amino acid catalysis. Nature 441: 621-623

Klussmann M, Toshiko I, White AJP, Armstrong A, Blackmond DG (2007) Emergence of solution-phase homochirality via crystal engineering of amino acids. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 129: 7657-7660

Kojo S, Uchino H, Yoshimura M, Tanaka K (2004) Racemic D,L-asparagine causes enantiomeric excess of other coexisting racemic D,L-amino acids during recrystallization: a hypothesis accounting for the origin of L-amino acids in the biosphere. Chem. Commun. (2004): 2146-2147

Koonin EV (2007) An RNA-making reactor for the origin of life. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 104: 9105-9106

Koonin EV, Novozhilov AS (2009) Origin and evolution of the genetic code: the universal enigma. IUBMB Life 61:99-111

Koonin EV, Martin W (2005) On the origin of genomes and cells within inorganic compartments. Trends Genet. 21:647-654

Kuhn WR, Atreya SK (1979) Ammonia photolysis and the greenhouse effect in the primordial atmosphere of the earth. Icarus 37: 207-213

Kun A, Santos M, Szathmary E (2005) Real ribozymes suggest a relaxed error threshold. Nat. Genet. 37:1008-1011

Lee DH Severin K, Yokobayashi Y, Ghadiri MR (1997) Emergence of symbiosis in peptide self-replication through a hypercyclic network. Nature 390:591-594

Lee DH Severin K, Yokobayashi Y, Ghadiri MR (1998) Erratum: Emergence of symbiosis in peptide self-replication through a hypercyclic network Nature 394:101

Leman L, Orgel LE, Ghadiri MR (2004) Carbonyl sulfide-mediated prebiotic formation of peptides. Science 306: 283-286

McBride JM, Tully JC (2008) Physical chemistry: Did life grind to a start? Nature 452:161-162

Mansy SS, Schrum JP, Krishnamurthy M, Tobé S, Treco DA, Szostak JW (2008) Template-directed synthesis of a genetic polymer in a model protocell. Nature 454:122-125

Mansy SS, Szostak JW (2008) Thermostability of model protocell membranes. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 105: 13351-13355

Martin W, Russell MJ (2003) On the origins of cells: a hypothesis for the evolutionary transitions from abiotic geochemistry to chemoautotrophic prokaryotes, and from prokaryotes to nucleated cells. Philos. Trans. R. Soc. Lond. B. Biol. Sci. 358:59-83

Miller SL (1953) A production of amino acids under possible primitive earth conditions. Science 117 (1953): 528-529

Morowitz HJ, Kostelnik JD, Yang J, Cody GD (2000) The origin of intermediary metabolism. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 97: 7704-7708

Noorduin WL, Izumi T, Millemaggi A, Leeman M, Meekes H, Van Enckevort WJ, Kellogg RM, Kaptein B, Vlieg E, Blackmond DG (2008) Emergence of a single solid chiral state from a nearly racemic amino acid derivative. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 130: 1158-1159

Orgel LE (1998) The origin of life – a review of facts and speculations. Trends Biochem. Sci. 23: 491-495

Orgel LE (2000) Self-organizing biochemical cycles. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 97: 12503-12507

Orgel LE (2004) Prebiotic Chemistry and the Origin of the RNA World. Crit. Rev. Biochem. Mol. Biol. 39: 99-123

Orgel LE (2006) Geothermal Synthesis and Metabolism. Astrobiology 6: 297-298

Pavlov AA, Kasting JF, Brown LL, Rages KA, Freedman R (2000) Greenhouse warming by CH4 in the atmosphere of early Earth. J. Geophys. Res. 105: 11981-11990

Pizzarello S, Weber AL (2004) Prebiotic amino acids as asymmetric catalysts. Science 303:1151

Plankensteiner K, Reiner H, Rode BM (2005) Stereoselective differentiation in the salt-induced peptide formation reaction and its relevance for the origin of life. Peptides 26:535-541

Poole AM (2006) Getting from an RNA world to modern cells just got a little easier. BioEssays 28:105-108

Powner MW, Gerland B, Sutherland JD (2009) Synthesis of activated pyrimidine ribonucleotides in prebiotically plausible conditions. Nature 459: 239-242

Rajamani S, Vlassov A, Benner S, Coombs A, Olasagasti F, Deamer D (2008) Lipid-assisted synthesis of RNA-like polymers from mononucleotides. Orig. Life Evol. Biosph. 38:57-74

Rees M (2001) Just Six Numbers: The Deep Forces that Shape the Universe, Basic Books

Ricardo A, Carrigan MA, Olcott AN, Benner SA (2004) Borate minerals stabilize ribose. Science 303:196

Robertson MP, Knudsen SM, Ellington AD (2004) In vitro selection of ribozymes dependent on peptides for activity. RNA 10:114–127

Robinson R (2005) Jump-Starting a Cellular World: Investigating the Origin of Life, from Soup to Networks. PLoS Biol 3(11): e396

Russell MJ, Martin W (2004) The rocky roots of the acetyl-CoA pathway. Trends Biochem. Sci. 29: 358-363

Sagan C, Chyba C (1997) The early faint sun paradox: organic shielding of ultraviolet-labile greenhouse gases. Science 276:1217-1221

Saghatelian A, Yokabayashi Y, Soltani K, Ghadiri MR (2001) A chiroselective peptide replicator. Nature 409:797-801

Schaefer L, Fegley Jr. B (2007) Outgassing of ordinary chondritic material and some of its implications for the chemistry of asteroids, planets, and satellites. Icarus 186:462-483

Schwendinger MG, Rode BM (1989) Possible role of copper and sodium chloride in prebiotic evolution of peptides. Analytical Science 5: 411-444

Smith E, Morowitz HJ (2004) Universality in intermediary metabolism. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 101: 13168-13173

Smolin L (1999) The Life of the Cosmos, Oxford University Press

Susskind L (2006) The Cosmic Landscape: String Theory and the Illusion of Intelligent Design, Back Bay Books

Szostak JW, Bartel DP, Luisi PL (2001) Synthesizing Life. Nature 409: 387-390

Szostak JW (2009) Systems chemistry on early Earth. Nature 459: 171-172

Tamura K, Schimmel P (2004) Chiral-selective aminoacylation of an RNA minihelix. Science 305:1253

Tamura K, Schimmel P (2006) Chiral-selective aminoacylation of an RNA minihelix: Mechanistic features and chiral suppression. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 103:13750-13752

The RNA World. (2006) Edited by: Gesteland RF, Czech TR, Atkins JF. Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Press

Tian F, Toon OB, Pavlov AA, De Sterck H (2005) A hydrogen-rich early Earth atmosphere. Science 308: 1014-1017

Viedma C (2001) Enantiomeric crystallization from DL-aspartic and DL-glutamic acids: implications for biomolecular chirality in the origin of life. Orig. Life Evol. Biosph. 31: 501-509

Viedma C, Ortiz JE, de Torres T, Izumi T, Blackmond DG (2008) Evolution of solid phase homochirality for a proteinogenic amino acid. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 130:15274-15275

Wächtershäuser G (1988) Before enzymes and templates: theory of surface metabolism. Microbiol. Rev. 52: 452-484

Wächtershäuser G (1990) Evolution of the first metabolic cycles. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 87: 200-204

Walker JC, Brimblecombe P (1985) Iron and sulfur in the pre-biologic ocean. Precambrian Res. 28:205-222

Wedyan M, Preston MR (2005) Isomer-selective adsorption of amino acids by components of natural sediments. Environ. Sci. Technol. 39:2115-2119

Weissbuch I, Bolbach G, Leiserowitz L, Lahav M (2004) Chiral amplification of oligopeptides via polymerization in two-dimensional crystallites on water. Orig. Life Evol. Biosph. 34:79-92

Wolf YI, Koonin EV (2007) On the origin of the translation system and the genetic code in the RNA world by means of natural selection, exaptation, and subfunctionalization. Biol. Direct 2:14

Zaher HS, Unrau PJ (2007) Selection of an improved RNA polymerase ribozyme with superior extension and fidelity. RNA 13: 1017-1026

Zahnle KJ (1986) Photochemistry of methane and the formation of hydrocyanic acid (HCN) in the earth's early atmosphere. J. Geophys. Res. 91: 2819-2834

Zhang L, Peritz A, Meggers E (2005) A simple glycol nucleic acid. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 127:4174–4175

Zhang XV, Martin ST (2006) Driving parts of Krebs cycle in reverse through mineral photochemistry. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 128: 16032-16033

Zhu TF, Szostak JW (2009) Coupled Growth and Division of Model Protocell Membranes. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 131: 5705-5713

Last edited by ingliz on 14 Jun 2019 17:22, edited 1 time in total.
The Goldpill wrote:Like I've said, if you can prove to me that you can create something out of nothing, and that you can create life out of non life (AI is still made by life), then I'll consider the non-existence of God.

God's existence needs more explanation than his non-existence. IOW, while science can't yet explain everything, the bits it can't explain are easier to explain than God. Once, long ago, it might have been the case that gods made explanation simpler. But we have learned a lot since then, and all of it points to the conclusion that the existence of gods is less likely than their non-existence.
Truth To Power wrote:God's existence needs more explanation than his non-existence. IOW, while science can't yet explain everything, the bits it can't explain are easier to explain than God. Once, long ago, it might have been the case that gods made explanation simpler. But we have learned a lot since then, and all of it points to the conclusion that the existence of gods is less likely than their non-existence.

Cool story, bro.

The Goldpill wrote:and you only addressed the first part conditional.

The 'something from nothing' was addressed in a previous post...

The positive energy of the matter is exactly balanced by the negative energy of the gravitational field.

The universe consists of essentially nothing - Net energy in the Universe is 0.

½MV2 – MgH = 0

"Quantum uncertainty allows the temporary creation of bubbles of energy, or pairs of particles (such as electron-positron pairs) out of nothing, provided that they disappear in a short time. The less energy is involved, the longer the bubble can exist. Curiously, the energy in a gravitational field is negative, while the energy locked up in matter is positive. If the universe is exactly flat*, then as Tryon pointed out the two numbers cancel out, and the overall energy of the universe is precisely zero. In that case, the quantum rules allow it to last forever."

John Gribbin, Inflation for Beginners, Berkeley Lab, Smoot Group

* The flatness parameter (O) is defined in such a way that if spacetime is exactly flat then O = 1.

If the Universe starts out with the parameter less than one, O gets smaller as the Universe ages, while if it starts out bigger than one O gets bigger as the Universe ages. The fact that O is between 0.1 and 1 today means that in the first second of the Big Bang it was precisely 1 to within 1 part in 10^{60}. This makes the value of the density parameter in the beginning one of the most precisely determined numbers in all of science, and the natural inference is that the value is, and always has been, exactly 1.

Last edited by ingliz on 14 Jun 2019 19:19, edited 1 time in total.

@annatar1914 do not despair. Again, el amor pu[…]

I think we really have to ask ourselves what t[…]

I dont know if you recall, but la loca MTG at one[…]

How about Russia uses a battle field nuclear we[…]