Fetal heartbeat and the abortion fight - Page 19 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
So, no examples. Without examples, it is impossible to analyse your claim.

You, of course, ignore the examples I posted. If you think I am going to google search examples of the use of the term Sanctity of Life you are out of your mind. My point stands, your determination to ignore it notwithstanding.
Pants-of-dog wrote:Alluding to a possible example is not the same as actually explaining how your example values sanctity of life over the right to bodily integrity.

What about the right of bodily integrity of the growing baby in the womb? Why should society allow its body parts to be ripped apart by an abortionist with forceps?

https://www.all.org/learn/abortion/abortion-methods/
In the Roe V. Wade decision, the opinion stated that states could limit mid and later term abortions. For the US this is not even a matter under serious debate.
Last edited by Drlee on 18 Jun 2019 04:31, edited 1 time in total.
Suntzu wrote:I wonder how long it has been since this happened? :roll:

It probably happened today, since abortion is still available.

The data on abortions displayed on the Worldometers' counter is based on the latest statistics on worldwide abortions published by the World Health Organization (WHO). According to WHO, every year in the world there are an estimated 40-50 million abortions. This corresponds to approximately 125,000 abortions per day.

https://www.worldometers.info/abortions/
Alluding to a possible example is not the same as actually explaining how your example values sanctity of life over the right to bodily integrity.

Why would I do that? It has nothing to do with my point. I am not prepared to grant that any such "right" exists. If you want to discuss something you imagine is some "right to bodily integrity" I suggest YOU explain what that is. Do show us some evidence that it is a thing that is a widely held legal construct?
Can you take organs from a dead body without the consent of the person who died or their family?

If not, why not?

Please stay on topic.

Please answer my question and present your evidence.
Hindsite wrote:It probably happened today, since abortion is still available.

The data on abortions displayed on the Worldometers' counter is based on the latest statistics on worldwide abortions published by the World Health Organization (WHO). According to WHO, every year in the world there are an estimated 40-50 million abortions. This corresponds to approximately 125,000 abortions per day.

https://www.worldometers.info/abortions/

More than 90% of abortion in America are before 13 week and induced by taking a pill (actually two pills). Second trimester abortions are usually performed using suction. Third trimester abortion, where this technique is used are extremely rare.
Suntzu wrote:More than 90% of abortion in America are before 13 week and induced by taking a pill (actually two pills). Second trimester abortions are usually performed using suction. Third trimester abortion, where this technique is used are extremely rare.

I don't see how any of this justifies the murder of a baby in the mother's womb.
Then please answer the question.

Why. It is irrelevant and off topic. I am waiting for you to answer mine about your empty assertion.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Are people on this thread actually trying to argu[…]

Isn't oil and electricity bought and sold like ev[…]

@Potemkin I heard this song in the Plaza Grande […]

I (still) have a dream

Even with those millions though. I will not be ab[…]