ICE Child Killing Rate Up To 1/Month, Production Quotas On Schedule Discussion Topic Thread - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
The sheer enormity of these detention centres will be an immense blot on America for decades. Listening to President Trump rattling on about how grand the economy is doing under him, and how he's made America the richest country in the world underscores the cruelty of not supplying children with beds or soap or toothbrushes, for Christ's sake.
Stormsmith wrote:The sheer enormity of these detention centres will be an immense blot on America for decades. Listening to President Trump rattling on about how grand the economy is doing under him, and how he's made America the richest country in the world underscores the cruelty of not supplying children with beds or soap or toothbrushes, for Christ's sake.

The cruelty is the point. I voted for the cruelty.
SpecialOlympian wrote:Man, we go decades without killing a single child in our immigration system and now we're just ramping up to killing one child per month. What could have possibly changed?

Let's not give Trump supporters the benefit of the doubt. This is a feature and not a bug of their new immigration policies. Maybe if we kill enough children they will stop trying to come to our wonderful country where we kill children. If we work hard enough, we can make America a dystopian hellhole where children die in cages crying for their parents.

Then they won't want to immigrate here and then we win. Yayyyy!!!

I did not think of that, but that sounds like a genius idea. :lol:
HalleluYah
SpecialOlympian wrote:Lmbo

There sure are a lot of crazy ignorant people out there. We will see if Trump's deportation threat will get the Democrats to approve some money to take care of these children in a more acceptable way within the next two weeks. They have already denied giving the money 17 times so far.

Apparently the left-wing radicals don't even want charitable groups to help.

Wayfair employees protest apparent sale of children’s beds to border detention camp, stock drops

More than 500 Wayfair employees signed on to a petition and are trying to rally support for a walkout Wednesday to protest the company’s apparent sale of $200,000 of mattresses to a detention camp for migrant children along the Mexican border.

The company sold the mattresses on June 13 to a charity group that works as a federal contractor managing some of the camps along the southern border, according to a copy of the sales receipt obtained by CNBC and verified by an employee. The roughly 1,600 mattresses and 100 bunk beds are scheduled to arrive in Carrizo Springs, Texas, on Wednesday and Thursday, according to the receipt.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/06/25/wayfair ... -camp.html
Last edited by Hindsite on 26 Jun 2019 08:33, edited 1 time in total.
Apparently Hindsite is a true American, and defines ignorance as not immediately bowing to any pretense of authority.

Thank you for your service, Hindsite, and for defending my freedom to do whatever some stupid asshole in a vest with his job title printed on it tells me to do.

I salute you and your sacrifice the same way I salute the guy who bags my groceries because he has "Wal-Mart Helper" printed on it
SpecialOlympian wrote:Apparently Hindsite is a true American, and defines ignorance as not immediately bowing to any pretense of authority.

Thank you for your service, Hindsite, and for defending my freedom to do whatever some stupid asshole in a vest with his job title printed on it tells me to do.

I salute you and your sacrifice the same way I salute the guy who bags my groceries because he has "Wal-Mart Helper" printed on it

You missed my point, probably on purpose. I was not referring to her not bowing to any pretense of authority, but the fact that the old woman and the other protesters don't know where and who to protest against for causing the problem she is concerned about. They shouldn't haven't even been there to begin with.

The border patrol personnel are just trying to do their job with what they have been provided. It is the left wing Democrats in Congress that refuse to provide the funds and fixes to the immigration laws that they should be protesting. That is why I consider them ignorant.
In the UK we have the "Hostile Environment Policy" which has been in place for five years. As with Trumps policies, they are used to deter immigrants. More hostile=less immigrants.
The UK Home Office hostile environment policy is a set of administrative and legislative measures designed to make staying in the United Kingdom as difficult as possible for people without leave to remain, in the hope that they may "voluntarily leave".
Since the inception of the hostile environment policy, a number of detainees have died in immigration removal centres, including at least five at Morton Hall.
The Home Office has been strongly criticised for its deportation, under the hostile environment policy, of people to countries where they are known to be at particular risk of being tortured or killed, such as Afghanistan and Zimbabwe.

Hindsite wrote:You missed my point, probably on purpose. I was not referring to her not bowing to any pretense of authority, but the fact that the old woman and the other protesters don't know where and who to protest against for causing the problem she is concerned about. They shouldn't haven't even been there to begin with.

They protested in a site that's being set up as a concentration camp, and which was formerly a concentration camp.

The border patrol personnel are just trying to do their job with what they have been provided. It is the left wing Democrats in Congress that refuse to provide the funds and fixes to the immigration laws that they should be protesting. That is why I consider them ignorant.

The Democratically controlled House just passed a bill. Also apparently "just doing their job" includes doping up children and then punishing them for losing the comb they (inadequately) provided to deal with a lice outbreak.

As we all know, "I was just doing my job" has historically been a great excuse.

colliric wrote:To be honest with you, I'm still at a loss as to why you voted Hillary. Your talent for sarcastic jokes shows you are intelligent enough not to vote for a warhawk bitch wanting to drone-strike London because Assange was in the Embassy.

Guess I should have voted for the guy with senile dementia who ran on the "I will kill Mexicans" platform. At least he kept his promises.
SpecialOlympian wrote:They protested in a site that's being set up as a concentration camp, and which was formerly a concentration camp.

It was set up under Obama and the Democrats in Congress thought it was fine and apparently still do because they refuse to provide any funds to build buildings and have specifically limited the number of beds.
SpecialOlympian wrote:The Democratically controlled House just passed a bill.

Big deal. Do they really have to be shamed into doing their job? They should have done more months ago when they were claiming this problem at the border was all just manufactured by President Trump. But even if this bill passes, it still is not enough, because they should have given him money to build the wall so other children will never be in such conditions.
SpecialOlympian wrote:Also apparently "just doing their job" includes doping up children and then punishing them for losing the comb they (inadequately) provided to deal with a lice outbreak.

No money has been provided for proper medical care and medicine or to train Border Patrol Agents to double as Day Care Providers. Another fault of the Democrats, on purpose , I might add.
SpecialOlympian wrote:As we all know, "I was just doing my job" has historically been a great excuse.

The Democrats still use that excuse to harass the President, instead of passing meaningful legislation. Jon Stewart just recently had to shame Congress to do their job.

Jon Stewart Shames Congress Over 9/11 Victims Fund
Jun 12, 2019

Comedian Jon Stewart scolded Congress Tuesday for failing to ensure that a victims’ compensation fund set up after the 9/11 attacks never runs out of money. Stewart, a longtime advocate for 9/11 responders, angrily called out lawmakers for failing to attend a hearing on a bill to ensure the fund can pay benefits for the next 70 years. The sparse attendance by lawmakers was “an embarrassment to the country and a stain on this institution,” Stewart said, adding that the “disrespect” shown to first responders now suffering from respiratory ailments and other illnesses “is utterly unacceptable.” First and foremost, Stewart said, families want to know, “Why this is so damn hard and takes so damn long?” Firefighters, police and other first responders “did their jobs with courage, grace, tenacity and humility,” Stewart added. “Eighteen years later, do yours.”

https://www.haaretz.com/us-news/jon-ste ... -1.7361715

SpecialOlympian wrote:Guess I should have voted for the guy with senile dementia who ran on the "I will kill Mexicans" platform. At least he kept his promises.

You should have voted for men and women for congress that will do their job, instead of just obstructing and voting themselves pay raises for it.
Lol Hindsite's brain is so addled from being a Fox News boomer that he genuinely believes it's the compassionate and caring Republicans, the new white power party that embraces rapists and pedophiles whenever possible, that is being held back by the big mean Democrats.

The GOP is delivering on Donald Trump's explicit promise to hurt migrants but no somehow it's the Democrats' fault.
Republicans only want children to be born because 1) it takes away women's agency and 2) allows them a lifetime of opportunity to crush the child under their pro-corporate and austerity-centered governing principals.

You can't shove a child into a dog cage and make them sleep on the floor with the lights on 24 hours a day if they're aborted.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

I love how everybody is rambling about printing mo[…]

Nations such as Rome didn't necessarily "d[…]

I'm not American. Politics is power relations be[…]

@FiveofSwords If you want to dump some random […]