stucking with hackers in the island. your opinion about cybercrimes? - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

For discussion of moral and ethical issues.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
so yeah do you hate hackers who keep showing their hacking skills on the island?
For me, it's pretty annoying when people hack on the island and show off and also stops ppl from leaving the island, which isn't nice at all.
Have you guys ever got stuck on an island from a hacker?
I did a couple of times...
It can get pretty bad or dangerous being online sometimes
@Rancid

Actually, from what I see, and I admit I like to do this too, programmers and hackers like to show off (I show off as far as programming). Showing off is also something that helped build the open source community too. Programmers, computer nerds and hackers LOVE showing off. It's part of the culture. It's like body builders showing off their bodies. Programmers and computer nerds and hackers LOVE showing their skills and brilliance in the profession. Like body builders showing off their bodies, nerds like showing off their intelligence and brilliance. it's a god given talent that they were given, just as athletes were gifted with athletic talent.
Politics_Observer wrote:@Rancid

Actually, from what I see, and I admit I like to do this too, programmers and hackers like to show off (I show off as far as programming). Showing off is also something that helped build the open source community too. Programmers, computer nerds and hackers LOVE showing off. It's part of the culture. It's like body builders showing off their bodies. Programmers and computer nerds and hackers LOVE showing their skills and brilliance in the profession. Like body builders showing off their bodies, nerds like showing off their intelligence and brilliance. it's a god given talent that they were given, just as athletes were gifted with athletic talent.

I agree with your statement, but not sure how it relates to my original statement. :?:

Showing off in programming and video games is one of the few ways males are allowed to compete without being called out as being too aggressive or being a so called toxic male.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Russia doesn't have endless supply of weapons and[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

https://twitter.com/hermit_hwarang/status/1779130[…]

Iran is going to attack Israel

All foreign politics are an extension of domestic[…]

Starlink satellites are designed to deorbit and bu[…]