Congrats to the US Women's Soccer Team For World Cup Win - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Sports, Hobbies and all things unrelated to Politics.

Moderator: PoFo The Lounge Mods

I just wanted to take the time to express how proud I am of the US Women's soccer team winning the World Cup. Congrats to these ladies for an outstanding job!

Time wrote:Team USA’s domination is complete.

Four years after the U.S. women’s soccer team triumphed at the 2015 FIFA Women’s World Cup, the team successfully defended its title in Sunday’s final match against the Netherlands, winning 2 to 0. The sold-out game saw 57,900 spectators in France’s Stade de Lyon.

A difficult match-up, neither team scored in the first half. The 0-0 score at halftime was largely due to the Netherlands’ goalkeeper, Sari van Veenedaal, as the Dutch team vied for its first World Cup title.

But the U.S. gained momentum in the second half when co-captain Megan Rapinoe made the first goal of the game at the 62-minute mark. Midfielder Rose Lavelle then brought the U.S. to its 2-0 victory.

https://time.com/5620124/team-usa-women ... cup-final/

Rapinoe was especially great, scoring the first goal after Morgan got kicked by a Dutch defender in the penalty area and America received a penalty kick. She is also really outspoken, saying that she will never visit the Trump White House. The Dutch team should have had Shanice van de Sanden in the starting lineup but the Dutch coach decided to play defensively against America, which only worked in the first half.

ThirdTerm wrote:Rapinoe was especially great, scoring the first goal after Morgan got kicked by a Dutch defender in the penalty area...

Yeah, I got kicked in the "penalty area" once. I was on the ground for ten minutes...

She is also really outspoken, saying that she will never visit the Trump White House...

I can think of nothing more short-sighted than that. She's proving that she's more interested in complaining about things she doesn't like than she is with trying to change them.

Think about it: She'd be in a position that countless people would relish. She could have a golden opportunity to express her opinions directly to the person she has a problem with. Instead, she's going to bow out so she can whine. Such an ignorant, chicken shit move.

I guess she's a good soccer player, but she's dumber than a bag of hammers...
@BigSteve

Steve wrote:I can think of nothing more short-sighted than that. She's proving that she's more interested in complaining about things she doesn't like than she is with trying to change them.

Think about it: She'd be in a position that countless people would relish. She could have a golden opportunity to express her opinions directly to the person she has a problem with. Instead, she's going to bow out so she can whine. Such an ignorant, chicken shit move.

I guess she's a good soccer player, but she's dumber than a bag of hammers...

I can think of nothing more patriotic than fighting for what is right and fighting against the dictatorial authortarian and treasonous impulses of Trump. And they won the World Cup to boot and with their voices are being heard. The US women's soccer team is representing the good side of America that knows how to win real victories. See, that's what true winners looks like Steve when you look at the US Women's soccer team.
Politics_Observer wrote:@BigSteve

I can think of nothing more patriotic than fighting for what is right and fighting against the dictatorial authortarian and treasonous impulses of Trump. And they won the World Cup to boot and with their voices are being heard. The US women's soccer team is representing the good side of America that knows how to win real victories. See, that's what true winners looks like Steve when you look at the US Women's soccer team.

That woman with the blue hair and kaepernick are spoiled brats. Both born in the greatest nation in world history with amazing privileges and opportunity. She comes from a high end family, had a life of privilege, went to college for free, and is treated like royalty. And yet she complains 24/7 and hates America. What an ungrateful brat! Like Kaepernick she has an inferiority complex.
Personally, I would spit on anyone that played in a FIFA tournament, FIFA pushed tens of thousands of people out of their homes in Brazil and has committed all manner of foul abuses:

according to Terre des Hommes, some 170,000 people lost their homes during the preparations for this summer's World Cup in Brazil due to the building or renovation of stadiums, roads, airports and other infrastructure projects.

Terre des Hommes has launched a campaign to highlight the issues
It also says that thousands of families were forcibly resettled in basic huts without electricity and water. It warns that uprooting strongly increases the risk of families falling into poverty.

"If you look at the effects of such big sports events, they disproportionately hit the worst-off," says Ms Sacher.

"Host countries pay a social price, and also a high financial price, which then has a knock-on effect in the amount of social provision that the host nation can provide."

She says that estimates of the total cost of the World Cup to Brazil's public budget were between 6.5bn and 9.8bn euros (£5.16bn and £7.77bn).

Ms Sacher says that figure corresponds roughly to the amount spent in the whole of 2013 for Brazil's social welfare programme Bolsa Familia, which supports 50 million people.

Ms Sacher believes it is unfair that the host nation has to meet the bill for all of the infrastructure needed, while Fifa - which enjoys tax breaks and exemptions from World Cup host nations - makes billions of dollars out of the event.

Another concern Terre des Hommes has is around the banning of local people selling food, drink and trinkets on the streets around the stadiums. Fifa asks the host organisers to only allow licensed products from its own sponsors to be sold in the stadium environs.

Ms Sacher says that this ban creates hardship and poverty for tens of thousands of families, who are prevented from making a meagre, but desperately needed, living.

"We are asking for the global organisers to take into account the situation of the excluded and poor when they are planning their big sporting events - to make sure they are held for the advantage of everyone," she adds.

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-28881952
Politics_Observer wrote:@BigSteveI can think of nothing more patriotic than fighting for what is right and fighting against the dictatorial authortarian and treasonous impulses of Trump.

I don't disagree.

But she's pissing away a golden opportunity to come face to face with the very person she takes such issue with and challenge and engage him. Why? Because she's a fucking coward. Trump could give a fuck if they show up or not. The invitation is being extended. Only an idiot would pass up the opportunity to "fight for what is right"...

And they won the World Cup to boot and with their voices are being heard. The US women's soccer team is representing the good side of America that knows how to win real victories. See, that's what true winners looks like Steve when you look at the US Women's soccer team.

You think they'd be making more of a stink over what they're getting paid. What do they get? 38% of what the men's team makes?

Bitching about Trump isn't going to address that...
Sivad wrote:Personally, I would spit on anyone that played in a FIFA tournament, FIFA pushed tens of thousands of people out of their homes in Brazil and has committed all manner of foul abuses:

You're right. FIFA is a nasty organization. It's basically a mafia that for some reason, we're all ok with.
@BigSteve

I don't think talking to Trump is a smart idea anymore than Trump talking to North Korea or Russia. I especially detested the fact that Trump sucked up to Russia who attacked us during our election. Sure, Russia probably did not get him elected, but they nevertheless attacked our elections and that warrants a response. Where is the retaliation? Where is the protection? It is Trump's responsibility to protect us and he has failed to do so by failing to respond to the Russians. And I think it's important we increase our defense budget so that we deter the Russians too in the future. We also have to consider the importance of our allies. Trump has shown a lot of disrespect for our allies and our allies are extraordinarily important to our security and defense.
Rancid wrote:You're right. FIFA is a nasty organization. It's basically a mafia that for some reason, we're all ok with.

And it's not just FIFA, those FIFA tournaments have dozens of corporate sponsors that are all engaged in their own monstrous exploitation and abuse. This Rapinoe woman has no qualms about affiliating with corporate and political psychopaths that have deliberately engaged in the destruction of countless brown and black lives ...as long as they're not overtly racist. :knife:

I don't think talking to Trump is a smart idea anymore than Trump talking to North Korea or Russia. I especially detested the fact that Trump sucked up to Russia who attacked us during our election. Sure, Russia probably did not get him elected, but they nevertheless attacked our elections and that warrants a response. Where is the retaliation? Where is the protection? It is Trump's responsibility to protect us and he has failed to do so by failing to respond to the Russians. And I think it's important we increase our defense budget so that we deter the Russians too in the future. We also have to consider the importance of our allies. Trump has shown a lot of disrespect for our allies and our allies are extraordinarily important to our security and defense.

Wow, you sure can fly off on a tangent, can't you? We're discussing the c**t from the US Women's Soccer Team not wanting to go to the White House. Believe it or not, it's possible to discuss that without stupidly bringing Russia into a discussion where it has no place.

Look, if you've got a problem with Russia meddling in the 2016 elections, you might want to take issue with the person under whose Presidency it was allowed to happen. You want protection? Blaming Trump is ignorant. It was Obama's responsibility to protect us from that, and he was a failure at it.

Just like he was miserable fucking failure at everything else...

All those words and you completely failed at explaining why you don't think talking to Trump is a smart idea. All you did was throw a little hissy fit.

You said you were proud of the team. Are you equally proud of the dumb c**t who threw the American Flag on the ground so she could pose for a picture?
@BigSteve

Steve wrote:You said you were proud of the team. Are you equally proud of the dumb c**t who threw the American Flag on the ground so she could pose for a picture?

Of course I am proud of them. They are an American team who won the World Cup. Why wouldn't I be? As far as the player who you say threw the American flag on the ground so she could pose for a picture, she might not have meant any malice in doing so, though it's disrespectful to do so. She is probably not properly educated in proper flag protocol like you and I are and was simply ignorant to that fact. Still ignorance is not an excuse. Somebody should tell her it was disrespectful though it was not her intention to be disrespectful towards our flag.

Speaking of which, if you truly care about that flag, you would stop supporting Trump because Trump is using racism to divide this country and tear it apart and by the rate he is going, their won't be much of America left for the flag to represent. So, bear in mind, patriotism isn't just merely showing respect for the flag, but also protecting the country from manipulators who seek to divide it and destroy it. Also, making sure all citizens are included and treated as first class citizens. The American flag doesn't just represent white Americans only or Trump and his followers.

Since you keep insisting on pretending that the I[…]

Commercial foreclosures increase 97% from last ye[…]

People tend to forget that the French now have a […]

It is easy to tell the tunnel was made of pre fab[…]