Nice or Gentle Dictatorships - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

Palmyrene wrote:@SSDR

There are Jewish carpenters, loggers, craftsmen, roofers, welders, industrial laborers, and farmers.

Stereotypes aren't real.

REALLY?

Every jew I knew had an economic benefited occupation that hosted off of labour. I have NEVER seen a Jewish construction worker. I have never seen a Jewish truck driver. Is it really hard for a jew to move a steering wheel?
SSDR wrote:REALLY?

Every jew I knew had an economic benefited occupation that hosted off of labour. I have NEVER seen a Jewish construction worker. I have never seen a Jewish truck driver. Is it really hard for a jew to move a steering wheel?

Maybe you are not looking hard enough. I know a jewess who was a taxi driver, and had been a truck driver. She is retired now. Maybe she doesn't count as a jew because I don't think she was religious.
SolarCross wrote:Maybe you are not looking hard enough. I know a jewess who was a taxi driver, and had been a truck driver. She is retired now. Maybe she doesn't count as a jew because I don't think she was religious.

Jewish can either be an ethnicity, or a religion. When I am talking about jews, I am talking about Ethnic jews. Some ethnic jews follow the religion of Judaism, while others do not (freethinkers, converts to Christianity, etc.).

Ethnic Jews, especially Ashkenazi Jews, tend to lack general labour capabilities. This is why they never had an empire. The only civilization they have is Israel, and this is because they got assistance from three major Zionist nations: The United States, the British Empire, and (when Israel first formed) the Soviet Union.

Most jews live in urban areas because urban areas have higher populations, thus making it easier for them to slack off of the labour that is around them by selling extracted labour via real estate, sales, banking, or renting out homes.
Isn't Singapore often described as as benevolent dictatorship? If that's the case, then the answer to this thread is Yes.
SSDR wrote:
Jewish can either be an ethnicity, or a religion. When I am talking about jews, I am talking about Ethnic jews. Some ethnic jews follow the religion of Judaism, while others do not (freethinkers, converts to Christianity, etc.).

Ethnic Jews, especially Ashkenazi Jews, tend to lack general labour capabilities. This is why they never had an empire. The only civilization they have is Israel, and this is because they got assistance from three major Zionist nations: The United States, the British Empire, and (when Israel first formed) the Soviet Union.

Most jews live in urban areas because urban areas have higher populations, thus making it easier for them to slack off of the labour that is around them by selling extracted labour via real estate, sales, banking, or renting out homes.

First off, racist. Second off, I have Ashkenazi ancestors. Third, I'm not lazy.

Seriously though, are you really calling an entire ethnicity lazy?
Political Interest wrote:Can a one party state be benevolent and gentle or must it always consist of psychotic sadists who are willing to hurt people to maintain poewr?

This is for me the biggest issue I have with authoritarian systems, not that they deny freedom but that the maintenance of such forms of government entails hurting innocent people.

Can we have a one party state without this sort of craziness?

Any state where the concept of authority is real, is a state that is hierarchical,thus there is in place a 'controlling power', even in a dictatorship, the structure is hierarchical, 'control & power' are the modus operandi of virtually all state systems.

On a lesser level of organisation, the Israeli Kibbutz is closest to an egalitarian state at the community level & without the burden of ideology behind it.

In a dog eats dog world, I'm not sure that one could survive at a national level as it's like stretching something until it breaks, of course, in principle, people share, as opposed to own the products of their labour thereof, though some variations do exist on that theme of collectivism.

From the economic point of view, I suppose it could expand to satisfy all demands on it,including individual or selfish taste, provided one & all adhere to the fundamental principals of sharing.
Palmyrene wrote:@Rancid

She has no self awareness. Be warned.

Yes.

Side note, the only reason I know I have Ashkenazi lineage is because I did one of those genetic profiles. I'm still waiting on my request to get access to the secret Jew money bank account. :lol:

Pretty sure I can claim Nigerian royalty as well.
Rancid wrote:Yes.

Side note, the only reason I know I have Ashkenazi lineage is because I did one of those genetic profiles. I'm still waiting on my request to get access to the secret Jew money bank account. :lol:

Pretty sure I can claim Nigerian royalty as well.

Apparently I'm 1% Native American. Go figure.

Btw it turns out those genetic profiles are pretty crappy. You should do an actual genetic test and not ancestry.com or something.
Palmyrene wrote:Btw it turns out those genetic profiles are pretty crappy. You should do an actual genetic test and not ancestry.com or something.

I see. Mine came out pretty much as I expected. I too have about 5% native America, but that was expected.
Palmyrene wrote:? You have a Native American relative?

Not personally, but it's well known that 90%+ of Dominicans have at least some Taino ancestry. Thus, I was expecting to see Native (Carribean) American genes (along with European and African) when I did the test.

Taino's spoke a form of arawak and trace their roots to South America. Basically, the Natives than inhabited the Carribean islands came from present day Venezuela, Guyana, etc. They did not come from North America (Florida, Gulf coast, Central America). Hence why they are culturally more like the amazon tribes.

Taino's are pretty much all wiped out though.

Quiqueya! Mi Gente!
Cool website!

Palmyrene wrote:Except you.

Except I don't look at all native. :lol: So most people would me a liar. :lol:

I look more like Obama (though I'm lighter in skin tone). As I'm predominately a white/black mix.
Rancid wrote:Cool website!

Except I don't look at all native. :lol: So most people would me a liar. :lol:

I look more like Obama (though I'm lighter in skin tone). As I'm predominately a white/black mix.

If you look like Obama and do a good Obama impression you can advertise yourself as party entertainment or something. People hire fake MJs and Abraham Lincolns to entertain guests at parties so why not Obama?
Palmyrene wrote:
If you look like Obama and do a good Obama impression you can advertise yourself as party entertainment or something. People hire fake MJs and Abraham Lincolns to entertain guests at parties so why not Obama?

I don't actually look like him. The point was, I'm much more Mullato than I am Meztiso
Palmyrene wrote:Ohhh so like half white half black?

Yes. Most of the Dominican is half white/black mix. With a dash of native.
Rancid wrote:Yes. Most of the Dominican is half white/black mix. With a dash of native.

I sincerely hope that you are not posting this on your boss' time ………. :eek:

Jared Kushner is inspired by the real estate pote[…]

Or maybe you are simply wrong. :roll: Ya[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

The Israeli government doesn't care about the rema[…]

Voting for this guy again would be a very banan[…]