Anarchist/“Anti-Fascist” Attacks Detention Center - Page 9 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

#15019797
BigSteve wrote:And your first response was nonsense and unrelated to the discussion...


You said you were glad such a violent person was caught. I disagree. That is why it's related

It's not rocket science.

Compare the number of black people who interact with police and get killed by them to the number of black people who interact with police and don't get killed by them.


That's what those statistics do. How do you think percentages are gained? You need a ratio first.

It's the height of ignorance and stupidity to call it the norm. I challenge you to provide the statistics to prove your argument...


https://mappingpoliceviolence.org/

Okay, then I have an issue with them. I have issues with anyone who calls them concentration camps, because they're not concentration camps...


Those people are far more qualified to determine what is and isn't a concentration camp than you.

[KS mod edit: Rule 2 & 5]
#15019811
Palmyrene wrote:They are the rule. Statistics prove this.

I'm interested in seeing the statistics you are referring to. All statistics I've seen show exactly the opposite.

A simple calculation for 2015:

I'm using the Guardian estimate of around 300 black people having been killed by police and according to the PPCS (pdf) 11% of black people had police-initiated contact with police. There are approximately 40 million black people in the US, so 4.4 million had contact with police where the police initiated that contact.

Chances of a black person being shot by police: 300/40,000,000 = 0.0000075 or 0.00075%
Chances of a black man being shot by police: 300/20,000,000 = 0.000015 or 0.0015%
Chances of a black person being shot by police if they had contact with police: 300/4,400,000 = 0.00007 or 0.007%.
Chances of a black man being shot by police if they had contact with police: 300/2,200,000 = 0.00014 or 0.014%.

How can this be described as "being the rule"?
#15019817
Kaiserschmarrn wrote:I'm interested in seeing the statistics you are referring to. All statistics I've seen show exactly the opposite.

A simple calculation for 2015:

I'm using the Guardian estimate of around 300 black people having been killed by police and according to the PPCS (pdf) 11% of black people had police-initiated contact with police. There are approximately 40 million black people in the US, so 4.4 million had contact with police where the police initiated that contact.

Chances of a black person being shot by police: 300/40,000,000 = 0.0000075 or 0.00075%
Chances of a black man being shot by police: 300/20,000,000 = 0.000015 or 0.0015%
Chances of a black person being shot by police if they had contact with police: 300/4,400,000 = 0.00007 or 0.007%.
Chances of a black man being shot by police if they had contact with police: 300/2,200,000 = 0.00014 or 0.014%.

How can this be described as "being the rule"?


My statistics are far more recent than yours. The number has increased I guess which isn't a good thing. Speaking of good things the Huffington Post article says the statistic from 2016 isn't good either. 34% of people killed by the police in 2016 were black which kind of contradicts your PDF I think.
#15019819
Palmyrene wrote:My statistics are far more recent than yours. The number has increased I guess which isn't a good thing. Speaking of good things the Huffington Post article says the statistic from 2016 isn't good either. 34% of people killed by the police in 2016 were black which kind of contradicts your PDF I think.

Feel free to do the same calculation for 2016 or any other year. The chances will be just as tiny. For unarmed blacks the odds of being shot by police are even tinier.

Do you know what something "being the rule" means?
#15019826
I would say that it is normal (and by that I mean that many and perhaps most interactions) for blacks and police to have adversarial relationships and conflict, and that friendly relationships are the exception.

I would also say that this is more apparent to black people than it is to police or to the general population.
#15019829
Kaiserschmarrn wrote:Feel free to do the same calculation for 2016 or any other year. The chances will be just as tiny. For unarmed blacks the odds of being shot by police are even tinier.


I mean the statistics I just posted from 2018 did the math and found otherwise so I'm not sure you're making sense.

Do you know what something "being the rule" means?


Yup.
#15019841
@Kaiserschmarrn

? I don't see how that disproves my point.

1167 people have been killed by the police in 2018. Black people were 25% of those killed despite being only 13% of the population.

Blacks are 3x more as likely to get killed by the police than whites, 30% of black victims were unarmed compared to white victims, 13 of the 100 largest US city police departments kill black men at higher rates than the murder rate.

You're just supporting my point.
#15019847
Palmyrene wrote:@Kaiserschmarrn

? I don't see how that disproves my point.

1167 people have been killed by the police in 2018. Black people were 25% of those killed despite being only 13% of the population.

Blacks are 3x more as likely to get killed by the police than whites, 30% of black victims were unarmed compared to white victims, 13 of the 100 largest US city police departments kill black men at higher rates than the murder rate.

The above does in no way demonstrate that during interactions with police, black people are being shot as a rule rather than this being an exception.

Here's your exchange with BigSteve.
Sure, instances of cops killing black people certainly occur. If we believed the idiots on the left in this country, we would believe they are the rule as opposed to being the exception...

They are the rule. Statistics prove this.
#15019850
SSDR wrote:@Palmyrene,

Why are blacks killed more in USA than whites there?


The police job attracts violent racist people who are too trigger happy and let the power go to their head.

They can't kill whites because then the police department would fire them but blacks are ok because they have been oppressed and seen as vermin by all aspects of American society.
#15019854
Palmyrene wrote:The police job attracts violent racist people who are too trigger happy and let the power go to their head.

They can't kill whites because then the police department would fire them but blacks are ok because they have been oppressed and seen as vermin by all aspects of American society.

What makes those "white" police officers "violent?" Why do they get violent towards blacks more?

Would they get terminated for killing innocent people who do not annoy them and use political correctness to defend their annoyance? Yes. Would they get terminated for killing people who do annoy them and make them angry (I cannot give internal characteristics because they would be deemed upon to be "racial prejudice stereotypes" thus violating this site's rules) and that those people use political correctness to defend their annoying actions? No.

Is it really "racist" to not be ignorant and run one's mouth all the time? Would that not make someone annoyed?
#15019860
SSDR wrote:What makes those "white" police officers "violent?" Why do they get violent towards blacks more?


Why do you put white in quotations they literally are white. And they are violent because they violent because they kill more black people than the US murder rate and the US murder rate is already high.

They get violent towards blacks more because they're racists. White supremacists have been infiltrating the police department for decades. The FBI said so in the 70s.

Would they get terminated for killing innocent people who do not annoy them and use political correctness to defend their annoyance? Yes. Would they get terminated for killing people who do annoy them and make them angry (I cannot give internal characteristics because they would be deemed upon to be "racial prejudice stereotypes" thus violating this site's rules) and that those people use political correctness to defend their annoying actions? No.


You're being very incoherent here but I think you're trying to say that blacks deserved to get shot?

Also cops don't get terminated in the US. Discipline is rarely enforced.

Is it really "racist" to not be ignorant and run one's mouth all the time? Would that not make someone annoyed?


?

What?

Are you seriously generalizing cops? They are a fucking job. They aren't even a race how the fuck do you do that?
#15019861
Palmyrene wrote:If blacks make up 25% of all police deaths despite being only 11% of the population that's significant enough to be the rule.

No. If you actually looked and tried to comprehend the statistics you'd realise that blacks being killed by police officers is the exception, as already pointed out to you by @BigSteve. That's because around 4 million police interactions with blacks resulted in about 300 deaths. If it was the rule we would see hundreds of thousands if not millions of blacks killed by police officers.

If you are unwilling or unable to understand this, I have very little reason to bother debating you in the future.
#15019865
Palmyrene wrote:Why do you put white in quotations they literally are white. And they are violent because they violent because they kill more black people than the US murder rate and the US murder rate is already high.

In USA, racially the most common form of crime is Black on Black.
They get violent towards blacks more because they're racists. White supremacists have been infiltrating the police department for decades.

Blacks commit the most crimes. Why? I cannot state since it will violate the site's rules.
You're being very incoherent here but I think you're trying to say that blacks deserved to get shot?

If someone robs you, burns your home, and stabs random people, you think that they should live freely?
Also cops don't get terminated in the US. Discipline is rarely enforced.

USA is very liberal. Police in USA have strict rules to follow.
?What?

Site rules will be violated if I reply to this.
Are you seriously generalizing cops? They are a fucking job. They aren't even a race how the fuck do you do that?

No. You are generalizing the police. The police have saved people from getting killed for no reason. Without a police, you would get beaten up and others would get raped.
#15019866
Kaiserschmarrn wrote:No. If you actually looked and tried to comprehend the statistics you'd realise that blacks being killed by police officers is the exception, as already pointed out to you by @BigSteve. That's because around 4 million police interactions with blacks resulted in about 300 deaths. If it was the rule we would see hundreds of thousands if not millions of blacks killed by police officers.

If you are unwilling or unable to understand this, I have very little reason to bother debating you in the future.


Did you not even look into the website I posted? At least fact check it but apparently clicking a link is too hard for you.

Our statistics do not match. My statistics are more recent and far more comprehensive. Please look into that before saying what is effectively "no u".
#15019868
SSDR wrote:In USA, racially the most common form of crime is Black on Black.


The most common form of crime is white on white.

The black on black statistic you're referring to is an exaggeration of the statistic which states that black on black crime in black neighborhoods is the highest.

This is obvious because in a black majority neighborhood most crime is going to be against blacks.

Blacks commit the most crimes. Why? I cannot state since it will violate the site's rules.


That is actually false and you made that up.

If someone robs you, burns your home, and stabs random people, you think that they should live freely?


Not all black people do that and innocent black people shouldn't be shot for being black.

USA is very liberal. Police in USA have strict rules to follow.


No they don't. I've lived in the US.

Site rules will be violated if I reply to this.


Why? I don't understand you. Is it against site rules to clarify?

[Quote[
No. You are generalizing the police. The police have saved people from getting killed for no reason. Without a police, you would get beaten up and others would get raped.[/quote]

No I won't. The police mostly doesn't actually solve crime. A majority of police focus on stopping speeding cars or handing out tickets because cops rely on this for revenue. So the only thing police do is enforce the draconic laws of the state not stop crime.
  • 1
  • 7
  • 8
  • 9
  • 10
  • 11
  • 15

Humans exist in a natural hierarchy. The elim[…]

People want to move to European ethnicity countri[…]

Pastors like rabbis,sheikhs and most religious fig[…]

It's not even pro-Arab it's pro-Palestinian. I[…]