UK condemns Trump’s racist tweets in unprecedented attack against US congresswomen - Page 24 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Kaiserschmarrn wrote:All but one of the references to "infested" by Trump are in the form of "crime infested" which is not an uncommon phrase. The guy clearly gets himself into a state and maybe he's prone to that in which case I do feel for him being upset. On the other hand, a normal person wouldn't tear up so easily in which case this should be regarded as a performance. In any case, there was a time when something like this would not have been paraded around to evoke superficial compassion and tribal instincts but would have been an embarrassment. Composure when watched by millions of people used to be a desirable trait.

Moreover, I can only imagine the laughter and derision or deliberate indifference from the left if a right winger ever started tearing up over harsh words or an insult.

The fact that the district Trump is attacking has a black majority is inferring that he believes the blacks are to blame for all the crime. He also seems to be calling Cummings and his people rodents. Trump does not know the inhabitants well enough to know if they are rodents. They probably do not have rat tails anyhow.

I think the man in the video is crying due to outrage over Trump's outrageous comments. I have been mad enough that I actually cried. So I think those tears are not staged at all. He is furious. He feels like his home is under atrack and it is ridiculous. Why attack an area like that, an area of Americans? They are Americans not terrorists.
noemon wrote:The difference between them is that Trump's comment here is racist, while Omar's isn't.

In a 2018 Al Jazeera interview, host Mehdi AHasan asks Ilhan Omar about Islamophobia, and particularly the argument that it’s justified because, some argue, Muslims are more likely to be terrorists.

OMAR responded, "I would say — our country should be more fearful of white men across our country, because they are actually causing most of the deaths within this country. And so if fear was the driving force of policies to keep America safe, Americans safe inside of this country, we should be profiling, monitoring, and creating policies to fight the radicalization of white men."

This is an example of Omar's racism and prejudice against white men, since it is not true that radicalized white men have caused more deaths across our country than radicalized Muslims.

noemon wrote:"Benjamin" refers to Benjamin Franklin the person on the $100 dollar bill. Are you seriously still arguing that Omar was being racist?

The claim is that she was using an anti-Semitic trope. Benjamin also refers to Jews. The Israeli tribes of Benjamin and Judah formed the Kingdom of Judah and the people became known as Jews. Benjamin "Bibi" Netanyahu is also the current Prime Minister of Israel.

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and other members of her leadership team accused Rep. Ilhan Omar of echoing anti-Semitic stereotypes suggesting that money fuels support for Israel. “Anti-Semitism must be called out, confronted and condemned whenever it is encountered, without exception. Congresswoman Omar’s use of anti-Semitic tropes and prejudicial accusations about Israel’s supporters is deeply offensive,” Pelosi continued. “We condemn these remarks and we call upon Congresswoman Omar to immediately apologize for these hurtful comments.”

In tweeting out her statement, Pelosi said she had spoken to Omar and that the two “agreed that we must use this moment to move forward as we reject anti-Semitism in all forms.”

Omar apologized saying she was “grateful for Jewish allies and colleagues who are educating me on the painful history of anti-Semitic tropes." Omar also aaid, "I unequivocally apologize" and that she was "listening and learning."

noemon wrote:Indeed, just like you or others calling Omar racist cannot be taken seriously for the simple reason that what she said was not actually racist. What Trump said however in the tweets was racist because he was singling out congresswomen based on their ethnic-origins.

Actually, as you continue to ignore, Trump was criticizing the terrible things the women had been saying as anti-American and anti-Semitic. He made no reference to the color of their skin, as Omar did with white men.

noemon wrote:No, Trump's statement about Cummings is not racist. He did not single him out because he's got Black origins.

I agree with that. President Trump said nothing about color of his skin, but criticized Rep. Elijah Cummings as a brutal bully for shouting and screaming at the great men and women of Border Patrol about conditions at the Southern Border, when it was actually the result of the Democrats failure to provide the needed funds requested at least 17 times prior to this. Now instead of blaming themselves, Cummings blames the Border Patrol. Cummings should have been ashamed of himself and his Democrats, but instead they claim racism in defense of their hateful actions and statements.

Last edited by Hindsite on 28 Jul 2019 22:28, edited 1 time in total.
MistyTiger wrote:The fact that the district Trump is attacking has a black majority is inferring that he believes the blacks are to blame for all the crime. He also seems to be calling Cummings and his people rodents. Trump does not know the inhabitants well enough to know if they are rodents. They probably do not have rat tails anyhow.

I think the man in the video is crying due to outrage over Trump's outrageous comments. I have been mad enough that I actually cried. So I think those tears are not staged at all. He is furious. He feels like his home is under atrack and it is ridiculous. Why attack an area like that, an area of Americans? They are Americans not terrorists.

He is not blaming blacks at all he is blaming the Democrat party which has the administration of those places. That is obvious.
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/jared-kushner-elijah-cummings-donald-trump-baltimore-kushnerville_n_5d3cf3e0e4b0c31569ebebf6

After a series of vicious attacks on their home by their own president, proud Baltimoreans are standing by their city. But there is something local they would likely be happy to ditch: decrepit “Kushnerville” housing provided by Donald Trump’s own son-in-law, who has been blasted by tenants in the press as a “slumlord.”

Trump has slammed Rep. Elijah Cummings (D-Md.) in yet another attack on an African-American because of the congressman’s criticism of inhumane treatment of immigrants at the southern border, and slammed Cummings’ Baltimore district as a “disgusting, rat and rodent infested mess.”

REAL LIFE. REAL NEWS. REAL VOICES.
Help us tell more of the stories that matter from voices that too often remain unheard.
Subscribe Now

Ironically, Jared Kushner’s many Baltimore area housing projects — which he continues to own even as he works as a senior White House adviser — racked up hundreds of building-code violations creating the kind of conditions that Trump hints at.

“We expect all landlords to comply with the code requirements that protect the health and safety of their tenants — even if the landlord’s father-in-law is President of the United States,” said a statement at the time by Baltimore County officials.

Jared Kushner-Owned Company Fined As Negligent Property Owner In Baltimore County https://t.co/XSZqxPzcyG
— Baltimore County (@BaltCoGov) November 2, 2017

A scathing investigation in 2017 by ProPublica and co-published by The New York Times — headlined “The Beleaguered Tenants of Kushnerville” — slammed the multiple projects purchased by Kushner Cos. when it was helmed by Jared Kushner and managed by a subsidiary. Kushner Cos. bought up some 15 complexes, almost all of them in the Baltimore area, housing as many as 20,000 people, according to ProPublica. None of the housing complexes are in Cummings’ district but several are close enough to share a ZIP code, Bloomberg reports, and many house African-Americans,

The investigation examined charges of decrepit conditions and lawsuits filed against tenants when they tried to move out. One court case described a leaking bedroom ceiling, maggots in the living room carpet and raw sewage spewing form the kitchen sink in a complex called “The Cove.” It’s the kind of apartment in which “no human being” would “want to live,” to quote Trump’s comment about Cummings’ Baltimore district.

Residents argued in lawsuits that rents in the buildings were padded with mysteriously added fees or late fees as part of a ruse to evict them when the money wasn’t paid. Kushner Cos. opted to switch the suit late last year to state court after a federal judge ordered the company to reveal the identity of mysterious company investors. The cases are ongoing.

Because Kushner retained his interest in the complexes, the White House told The Baltimore Sun that he would recuse himself from any policy decisions about federal Section 8 housing subsidies. Many tenants of the Kushner complexes rely on Section 8 to pay their rent, the newspaper noted.

Though Trump is bashing Cummings over his complaints about treatment of immigrants, he may be trying to undermine the congressman as he seeks records from Kushner. The House Oversight Committee, headed by Cummings, voted Thursday to authorize a subpoena for all work-related texts and emails secretly sent and received on personal accounts by Kushner and wife Ivanka Trump. Both Kushner and the first daughter have admitted using personal accounts for work messages. The president has repeatedly slammed Hillary Clinton for using a personal server for work-related emails.

Go get 'em folks.
The Most Dangerous U.S. Neighborhoods of 2018
Nov 21, 2018

Top 25 Most Dangerous Neighborhoods in America

#1: Baltimore, MD – N Monroe St / W Lanvale St
#3: Baltimore, MD – E Biddle St / N Broadway
#6: Baltimore, MD – N Monroe St / Westwood Ave
#10: Baltimore, MD – Eastern Ave / S Bethel St
#17: Baltimore, MD – N Carey St / Presstman St

https://www.neighborhoodscout.com/blog/ ... ghborhoods

The Other Side of MLK Boulevard
TANVI MISRA APR 11, 2018

Baltimore’s Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard functions as a real, physical barrier between the mostly black residents in West Baltimore — households that are dealing with entrenched poverty, harsh policing, the effects of lead poisoning, and a spiking opioid addiction crisis — and the economic activity in the central spine of the city, located on the other side of the street. It’s a classic “border vacuum.”

https://www.citylab.com/equity/2018/04/ ... rd/557177/

Abandoned buildings in Baltimore torn down in effort to improve landscape
noemon wrote:The difference between them is that Trump's comment here is racist, while Omar's isn't.

That's your opinion, but what do you propose to do about that? Trump's not a member here, so while he might be violating PoFo rules, so what?

noemon wrote:Indeed, just like you or others calling Omar racist cannot be taken seriously for the simple reason that what she said was not actually racist.

The people criticizing Omar are primarily within her own political caucus. They were the ones calling her racist. They were the ones that forced her to apologize (although, Republican Kevin McCarthy did too). That's why it matters politically.

noemon wrote:No, Trump's statement about Cummings is not racist. He did not single him out because he's got Black origins.

The Democrats are criticizing Trump's comment as racist, in spite of your assertion that it is not. Outrage as Trump brands mostly-black Baltimore 'infested mess' That is standard practice for Democrats these days, and why in spite of his previous comment to Omar that nobody reacts to his statement as "racist". People assume "racist" is a perfunctory response to something the Democrats don't like. Functionally, it's the same thing as calling someone an asshole.
The top Democrat in Congress, Nancy Pelosi -- whose father served as mayor of Baltimore -- accused Trump of a "racist" attack.
"We all reject racist attacks against him and support his steadfast leadership."

Whether Trump's comments could be construed as racist or not is beside the point. He's baiting the Democrats and they take the bait every time. Cummings is attacking Trump on the phony Russiagate story and unfairly attacked ICE agents. Trump is responding by commenting on the state of his Congressional district. These people never had any problem accusing Trump and Republicans of treason to the point that somebody who believed their story went and shot Steve Scalise. Yet, they claim Trump doing the same thing to them is "dangerous." :roll:

"It's disgraceful the president has chosen to start his morning disparaging this great American city," said Harris, one of two leading black candidates in the race to succeed Trump.

See? Trump has no political chance to win Maryland, but he can use a city like Baltimore as a political prop--as the backdrop of a place run by Democrats since at least 1970. There is never any change in power between political parties. It is always run by the same party. Yet, they always blame their problems on Republicans when they haven't been in power their in two generations.

MistyTiger wrote:The fact that the district Trump is attacking has a black majority is inferring that he believes the blacks are to blame for all the crime.

That you are making it about the racial makeup of the district is your business. Trump's criticism of the area is generally pretty accurate.

MistyTiger wrote:He also seems to be calling Cummings and his people rodents.

Another leap in logic. The rodent problem coupled with the homeless problem has seen a return of both Typhus and Bubonic plague. These are diseases that were thought to be wiped out due to the implementation pest control and sewage systems in the West.

SolarCross wrote:He is not blaming blacks at all he is blaming the Democrat party which has the administration of those places. That is obvious.

Yes. Exactly. This is something that I had been saying for years. At the end of the Obama administration, I was very vocal about the places Democrats were complaining about as sources of police brutality were places the Democrats had been running for nearly 50 years of uninterrupted power. No Republicans had been in power in over two generations. FINALLY, I got both Rush Limbaugh and Bill O'Reilly to mention it on the air. It is finally becoming something some Republicans will talk about, and that is one reason I really like Trump but find so many Republicans as useless as tits on a bull.

Drlee wrote:Go get 'em folks.

Fair is fair...
I also have to point out that Trump recently had his social media summit at the White House. Within a day of Trump's Baltimore tweet, Paul Joseph Watson put out a video on Trump's tweets regarding Baltimore and the Democrats and media hypocrisy. Trump is going to thrash the Democrats with this stuff, and they still don't understand it. This is a pretty short one by PJW, but he illustrates how Democrats like Bernie Sanders trashed Baltimore and the media did too. Yet, when Trump mentions it, they call him racist.

Trump is turning political correctness into a political liability rather than a political asset. Since it is decentralized and assumes cultural proportions, it's unlikely the Democrats can end political correctness before November 2020.

Also, this is why people like Paul Joseph Watson end up with more credibility than the mainstream media.
blackjack21 wrote:That's your opinion, but what do you propose to do about that? Trump's not a member here, so while he might be violating PoFo rules, so what?

Are you ok mate? What are you saying? That I can only talk about PoFo members? :knife:

blackjack21 wrote:The people criticizing Omar are primarily within her own political caucus. They were the ones calling her racist. They were the ones that forced her to apologize (although, Republican Kevin McCarthy did too). That's why it matters politically. The Democrats are criticizing Trump's comment as racist, in spite of your assertion that it is not. Outrage as Trump brands mostly-black Baltimore 'infested mess' That is standard practice for Democrats these days, and why in spite of his previous comment to Omar that nobody reacts to his statement as "racist". People assume "racist" is a perfunctory response to something the Democrats don't like. Functionally, it's the same thing as calling someone an asshole.

I don't actually care about people's opinions. They mean nothing substantial. I am only talking for myself and what I consider the facts to be. Trump's tweet on the congresswomen was racist, on Cummings it was not racist.
noemon wrote:I don't actually care about people's opinions. They mean nothing substantial. I am only talking for myself and what I consider the facts to be. Trump's tweet on the congresswomen was racist, on Cummings it was not racist.

What you consider the facts to be are just your opinion. They are like ass-holes, we all have them.
The Trump orange tan man is back on the march, beating the drum of discord and distrust among the American zombie followers and if the Democrats don't get a decent leader to defeat him with that slanted electoral college rules still in place--they will win the 2020 elections for sure. Popular votes are meaningless in the USA. It is not a classic and modern democracy. It is held captive by hard to change electoral college rules. You will need a constitutional amendment. Trump put two conservative supreme court justices in charge of the supreme court. He is going to be in power without votes from the majority of the citizens. The Republicans want power and money from bankers.

If the USA doesn't do something about its defective stupid system? The dictators are going to be serial dictators...all Republicans and all rich and corrupt. It is the karma the USA has for being such despots for generations.

The racism is the core and the key. Whip up fears in a bunch of white people afraid of changing demographics in which the European extraction Americans will be a minority soon and the middle classes shrink and the immigrants take up the slack and change the culture of the nation all the time. The nationalists and the fascists hate the idea of it....it is inevitable. They might be willing to have some kind of ugly internal instability to retain power by force.
l
That is what happens when you are liars and no one studies their own country's history. Fooled by shit stories that are not true. Such as 'the USA is a democracy' and the USA is about 'freedom'. No, the USA is about fascist dictators and banks ruling the world. Market dictatorship and no loyalty to anything but money and selfish crap stuff. That is what it is about. And racist tweets are just the tip of the iceberg of crap policies and bad incompetent governance.
Godstud wrote:Trump's a racist misogynist. These are facts. Him getting his picture taken with a black man or a woman doesn't change what he says or does.

His followers don't care he is a racist misogynist. They want a nation that isn't the liberal stuff they dumbly think is responsible for the state they find themselves in.

For me Godstud, the USA has always been some lying, false and rotten from within Empire that will fall into the same mistakes past human empires have fallen into. And they are not as good as the Romans were in preserving themselves. They are not going to last two thousand years. if they last four hundred I would be surprised.

It is blood-filled history and it is unjust and innately defective. They made humans property and worship property and are worshipers of the Golden Calf and are a bunch of lying creeps with no value system worth preserving.

The USA government has abandoned any pretense at governing in any way that is even remotely democratic.

They need to do some massive reconstruction and change deeply if they even have a snowball's chance in hell of surviving into another two hundred years.

If not the Asian Rim will be in the power seat. And they won't be running around changing their government to feed a bank. They are not into that form of total sellout mentality.
Is it just a coincidence that many of the greatest cities in America became poverty-infested hellholes once the Democrats took charge of things? Detroit, Baltimore, Chicago, St. Louis, Philadelphia, Oakland and Memphis were all once great cities. But after an extended period of control by the Democratic Party, each one of them has become a festering crisis that never seems to end.

According to the FBI, Baltimore had the highest murder rate in the entire country last year…

Baltimore had the worst homicide rate among the nation’s 50 largest cities last year and the second-highest violent crime rate overall, according to new data from the FBI.

So who runs Baltimore?

Democrats.

But Baltimore is definitely not alone. When you start going down the list, you find a lot more major cities run by Democrats…

#2 Detroit – Run By Democrats

#3 Memphis – Run By Democrats

#4 Chicago – Run By Democrats

#5 Philadelphia – Run By Democrats

And this is certainly not just a recent phenomenon. According to a broader study of major cities, there is a very strong correlation between Democratic control and violent crime.

Not surprisingly, there is also a very strong correlation between Democratic control and poverty.

According to the Los Angeles Times, Democratic-controlled California actually has the highest poverty rate in the entire nation.

But aren’t Democrats supposed to be the ones that care about the poor?

Well, they certainly throw a lot of money at the problem, but all of that money does not appear to be helping. In fact, the Los Angeles Times has even admitted that California’s spending on anti-poverty programs “actually seems to have made it worse”.

San Francisco’s streets are so filthy that at least one infectious disease expert has compared the city to some of the dirtiest slums in the world.

The NBC Bay Area Investigative Unit surveyed 153 blocks of the city in February, finding giant mounds of trash and food on the majority of streets. At least 100 discarded needles and more than 300 piles of human feces were also found in downtown San Francisco, according to the report.

In Baltimore, Democrats have run everything for more than four decades. Federal dollars have flowed in, and yet the stench, sight, and symbolism of it all—stinks.

https://townhall.com/columnists/kevinmc ... s-n2550734
noemon wrote:Has it occurred to both of you that if I start expressing my real uncut/unedited opinion on certain people in here, all these people will start crying that as a "moderator" I should not be doing that? These same people are also the ones who think the President should be saying all these racist things because they already do and it's fine for them. But that is not an actual argument, just because some racist uncle says it at the table, it does not mean that the President is okay with saying such racist comments. As I said it all comes down to whether is affecting you. If Trump(or another) had said something singling out white people, blackjack21 would be crying, whining, be outraged just like he(and Hindsite and the others) always are in here when they hear something they do not like regardless if it is actually racist or not, but now you take issue because some people have had real cause to be offended by the President's racist remarks. :roll:

My exchange with redcarpet was about the alleged well-documented racism of Trump voters, not about Trump's statement, and right after that exchange I made my remark that his enthusiastic agreement with the quoted statement could easily be viewed as prejudiced too. That's the context of my post to which you responded.

noemon wrote:The people making the statement "go back where you came from" are making a demonstration of their smugness at the very least.

Not necessarily, but this is ultimately an empirical question.

MistyTiger wrote:The fact that the district Trump is attacking has a black majority is inferring that he believes the blacks are to blame for all the crime.

I agree that these type of inferences are the basis of most, if not all, of the charges leveled against Trump. It's very poor reasoning.

MistyTiger wrote:He also seems to be calling Cummings and his people rodents. Trump does not know the inhabitants well enough to know if they are rodents. They probably do not have rat tails anyhow.

Even worse reasoning here.

MistyTiger wrote:I think the man in the video is crying due to outrage over Trump's outrageous comments. I have been mad enough that I actually cried. So I think those tears are not staged at all. He is furious. He feels like his home is under atrack and it is ridiculous. Why attack an area like that, an area of Americans? They are Americans not terrorists.

You can be outraged about Trump's tone and the way he's putting this, but he's right on the substance. How high up is Baltimore on your list of places you'd like to live in?

I'm generally wondering how many of those who are up in arms, some of whom even go so far as telling us what a great city Baltimore is, have ever thought about or are planning to move there. My guess is close to 0.
@Hindsite :roll: Get serious. I can go and find terrible American cities run by Republicans. You're simply cherry-picking.

The best cities are also run by Democrats, you Republican shill.

New York City, Los Angeles, Boston, Austin, Dallas, San Francisco, San Jose, etc. Oh, they also happen to be the richest cities in the USA... :D
Tainari88 wrote:It is not a classic and modern democracy. It is held captive by hard to change electoral college rules. You will need a constitutional amendment.

It is a federated republic. It would take 3/4s of the states to ratify a constitutional amendment; yet, only a few states would really want something like this--California, New York, Illinois, Texas, and Florida. Most other states would be better off with the electoral college. It's not that big a deal to win a few more states. Just don't run a lazy ass like Hillary Clinton.

Tainari88 wrote:If the USA doesn't do something about its defective stupid system?

It's not stupid. It's what gives America balance. That's why we have a senate too.

Tainari88 wrote:Whip up fears in a bunch of white people afraid of changing demographics in which the European extraction Americans will be a minority soon and the middle classes shrink and the immigrants take up the slack and change the culture of the nation all the time.

In his latest tweet, Trump is pointing out that places that have been run exclusively by Democrats for generations are generally cesspools.

Tainari88 wrote:And they won't be running around changing their government to feed a bank.

Bank of Japan?

Godstud wrote:New York City, Los Angeles, Boston, Austin, Dallas, San Francisco, San Jose, etc.

New York City was well run under Giuliani and Bloomberg. Since de Blasio has taken over, it has started going downhill again. Los Angeles has typhus and bubonic plague. Clearly, you haven't visited Skid Row lately. Boston? I guess it's reasonably well run. Austin is reasonably well run. San Francisco? There is shit in the streets. There are people shooting up heroin. Needles everywhere. Homeless everywhere. It's a disgusting mess. Trump is lighting up Democrat strong holds in blue states. So expect him to say more about Los Angeles and San Francisco. The Democrats are ruining California.

Godstud wrote:Oh, they also happen to be the richest cities in the USA... :D

Your fascination with the super rich is noted. However, we're not talking about the super rich. Rather, we're talking about why Trump is attacking Democrat members of Congress. What he's describing is the places they represent and the general condition of their districts.

In my opinion, masculinity has declined for all of[…]

This is ridiculous. Articles showing attacks on s[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

It is easy to tell the tunnel was made of pre fab […]

Pretty clear France will be taking a leading role […]