Muslim women 'sterilised' in China detention camps, say former detainees - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... reddit.com

Muslim women ‘sterilised’ in China detention camps, say former detainees

‘It’s like we were just a piece of meat,’ says Gulbahar Jalilova

Uighur Muslim women are being sterilised at internment camps for ethnic and religious minorities in China, according to former detainees.

“They injected us from time to time,” claimed Gulbahar Jalilova, who was held for more than a year in government “re-education centres” in the far-west Xinjiang region.

“We had to stick our arms out through a small opening in the door,” the 54-year-old told France24. ”We soon realised that after our injections that we didn’t get our periods any more.”

Most of her time was spent with up to 50 people packed into a cell measuring just 10ft by 20ft. “It’s like we were just piece of meat,” she added.

A similar account was given by 30-year-old Mehrigul Tursun during a video call to an Amnesty International event in Tokyo, as reported by the Nikkei Asian Review.

Ms Tursun, who now lives in exile in the US, told of being given unknown drugs and injections while detained at an internment camp in 2017.

She said she felt “tired for about a week, lost my memories and felt depressed” and was released four months later after being diagnosed as being mentally ill.

Doctors in the US later told her that she had been sterilised, she said

Up to one million Uighurs, Kazakhs and other minorities have been arbitrarily detained in internment camps, according the UN and human rights groups.

Researchers have claimed the facilities are being run like “wartime concentration camps” as part of a “systematic campaign of social re-engineering and cultural genocide”.

The Chinese government however has described them as “boarding schools” offering vocational training and rejected allegations of torture and other abuses as “fake news”.

Former detainees have previously told of torture, beatings and electrocution as well as being forced to eat pork, attend political re-education lessons and sing political songs.

The global outcry over China’s treatment of minority groups has had little effect, however. Last week it was reported that China is building even more secret camps.

China is now committing genocide and the world is just watching.

I expect people like ZN to be overjoyed.
For those of you who want to say "it isn't genocide" here is the legal definition of genocide:

... any of the following acts committed with intent to destroy, in whole or in part, a national, ethnical, racial or religious group, as such:

(a) Killing members of the group;

(b) Causing serious bodily or mental harm to members of the group;

(c) Deliberately inflicting on the group conditions of life calculated to bring about its physical destruction in whole or in part;

(d) Imposing measures intended to prevent births within the group;

(e) Forcibly transferring children of the group to another group.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genocide_Convention

I hope you enjoy defending ethnic cleansing.
Unthinking Majority wrote:I'm not sure what the world can do. Sanctions would hurt an economy we depend on and so would just end up hurting us. Military invasion is out of the question. Vocal outcry would likely do nothing.

This sounds like a sad situation.

When I start my anarchist society, I'm going to spread anarchism till I reach China and then I'll liberate the Uighers and Tibet.
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

A good discussion here with Norman Finkelstein and[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

ISIS wants to create a division between Chechens […]

PoFo would be a strange place for them to focus o[…]

In my opinion, masculinity has declined for all o[…]