Google Biased Toward CNN & Left Media in Mass Shooting Coverage - Page 5 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Language, bias, ownership, influence; all media related topics.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
#15028869
Palmyrene wrote:Literally the first article you see:

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Cultural_Marxism

Rationalwiki is an absurdly biased source that doesn't even pretend to neutrality, yet even it proves me right and you wrong.
And it's under the conspiracy section too.

<yawn> And it instantly tries to associate the term cultural Marxism with Nazism despite the lack of any reference to cultural Marxism before 1973. Wikipedia notes one of the more salient facts about Rationaliwiki is the bogusness of its article on cultural Marxism:

"Franklin Einspruch of The Federalist criticized RationalWiki for claiming that "Cultural Marxism" is a conspiracy theory."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RationalWiki
#15028885
Truth To Power wrote:Rationalwiki is an absurdly biased source that doesn't even pretend to neutrality, yet even it proves me right and you wrong.


Doesn't matter. You asked me to give you proof that the Google search results for Cultural Marxism have more articles debunking it than supporting it.

Rationality wiki is the top result and thus, the most viewed.

<yawn> And it instantly tries to associate the term cultural Marxism with Nazism despite the lack of any reference to cultural Marxism before 1973. Wikipedia notes one of the more salient facts about Rationaliwiki is the bogusness of its article on cultural Marxism:

"Franklin Einspruch of The Federalist criticized RationalWiki for claiming that "Cultural Marxism" is a conspiracy theory."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RationalWiki


Doesn't matter.
#15028905
Palmyrene wrote:Doesn't matter. You asked me to give you proof that the Google search results for Cultural Marxism have more articles debunking it than supporting it.

And you couldn't.
Rationality wiki is the top result and thus, the most viewed.

You don't seem to know how Google works. And even if it were the most viewed, that would not be evidence that more articles debunk it than treat it as real.
Doesn't matter.

Ah, yes, actually, it does. It shows your one source is not credible.
#15028925
Truth To Power wrote:And you couldn't.


I did. Just because you don't like the article doesn't mean it isn't true.

You don't seem to know how Google works.


The top search result is always the most viewed. How are you this dumb?

And even if it were the most viewed, that would not be evidence that more articles debunk it than treat it as real.


The second article does too.

https://www.vice.com/amp/en_us/article/ ... -alt-right

And the third one:

https://spectator.org/cultural-marxism- ... spirators/

And the fourth one:

https://spectator.org/cultural-marxism- ... spirators/

Etc. etc.

Ah, yes, actually, it does. It shows your one source is not credible.


The point isn't crediblity. The point is to show that the search results of cultural marxism are all just articles saying it doesn't exist.

The actual validity of the article doesn't matter.
#15028970
Palmyrene wrote:I did. Just because you don't like the article doesn't mean it isn't true.

Right. It's the other way around: because it isn't true, I don't like it.
The top search result is always the most viewed. How are you this dumb?

Ah, no. Your ignorance is showing. Google ranks the first page of hits according to a complex algorithm.
The second article does too.

https://www.vice.com/amp/en_us/article/ ... -alt-right

And the third one:

https://spectator.org/cultural-marxism- ... spirators/

And the fourth one:

https://spectator.org/cultural-marxism- ... spirators/

Etc. etc.

Hmmm. Somehow, my search is not getting the same hits you claim yours is. Did you search "cultural Marxism not a thing"?
The point isn't crediblity. The point is to show that the search results of cultural marxism are all just articles saying it doesn't exist.

My search doesn't show that. I would advise readers to conduct their own searches and see if the results match yours. I'm guessing they won't.
The actual validity of the article doesn't matter.

It actually does.
#15028979
Truth To Power wrote:Right. It's the other way around: because it isn't true, I don't like it.


It is true.

Ah, no. Your ignorance is showing. Google ranks the first page of hits according to a complex algorithm.


And one of the factors is popularity.

Hmmm. Somehow, my search is not getting the same hits you claim yours is. Did you search "cultural Marxism not a thing"?


Just plain ol cultural marxism.

My search doesn't show that. I would advise readers to conduct their own searches and see if the results match yours. I'm guessing they won't.


Something's wrong on your end then. Where do you live?

It actually does.


No, it doesn't if we're talking about search results.
#15029630
Palmyrene wrote:It is true.

No it isn't.
And one of the factors is popularity.

Thank you for agreeing your claim was objectively false.
Just plain ol cultural marxism.

Then something is skewing your hits.
Something's wrong on your end then. Where do you live?

Canada. I'm guessing maybe in Syria your hits are going to be skewed.
No, it doesn't if we're talking about search results.

You claimed search results would indicate that cultural Marxism doesn't exist. They don't, and a low-grade site showing up first on your list shows your claim lacks credibility.
#15029634
Let's get grounded again.

So the question is, "Is Google biased, and what can we do about it?"

Here is the American neo-con answer. (Not the wounded special snoflake Trumpist answer.):::

WTF GOP! Aren't you supposed to be the free market party? Aren't you supposed to be the stop over-regulating business party? Aren't you pulling down environmental regulations to benefit business under the free-market banner? Aren't you the libertarians? Don't you believe in private property? Don't you believe all of the bullshit you say about "duty to the stockholders"?

Google is a private company. Got your hands off of it. Their only duty, as you endlessly tell us, is to the stockholders. If they feel that their current practices are the best for that, who are you to whine about it?

Hey GOP. You made this think. The democrats wanted to repeal Citizen's United and you said no because you were drunk on Koch money. They wanted to limit campaign contributions and lobbying from private business. You said no. You repealed net neutrality so they could do very much like what it is that you are crying like little babies about.

I am a republican and I will willingly take responsibility for this mess. We caused it and we are getting fucked by it.
#15029640
Truth To Power wrote:No it isn't.


Yes it is.

Thank you for agreeing your claim was objectively false.


?

Then something is skewing your hits.


They seem to work just fine.

Canada. I'm guessing maybe in Syria your hits are going to be skewed.


I'm pretty sure your hits are skewed because I use a VPN and the American webiste.

You claimed search results would indicate that cultural Marxism doesn't exist. They don't, and a low-grade site showing up first on your list shows your claim lacks credibility.


No, it does. Literally four or five articles are listed on the top of what Cultural Marxism is and all of them debunk it.

That's going to be what people see first.

Dangerous terrorists who are such a threat that t[…]

Schizophrenia

I don't believe there really is such a thing as &q[…]

There's ''productive'' in the sense of; ''got to […]

Election 2020

The illegal immigration issue is a classic exampl[…]