Trump cancels Denmark visit due to Greenland controversy - Page 5 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Tim Pool picked up a comment from a guy who says the whole thing was just a ruse to ferret out a leaker close to the Oval Office.

Madeleine Westerhout: White House aide fired after leaks on Trump family

Apparently, the nuking a hurricane comment was also designed to identify leakers close to the president.
blackjack21 wrote:Tim Pool picked up a comment from a guy who says the whole thing was just a ruse to ferret out a leaker close to the Oval Office.

Madeleine Westerhout: White House aide fired after leaks on Trump family

Apparently, the nuking a hurricane comment was also designed to identify leakers close to the president.

Madeleine Westerhout seems to have been disloyal to the President from the very beginning. She lasted a long time before being found out. I don't understand why they don't give them lie detector tests every six months to help weed out the disloyal employees.
Hindsite wrote:Madeleine Westerhout seems to have been disloyal to the President from the very beginning. She lasted a long time before being found out. I don't understand why they don't give them lie detector tests every six months to help weed out the disloyal employees.

I think naivete has been a valid criticism of Trump from the very beginning. When he was inaugurated and didn't fire all of the Obama holdovers immediately, I knew he was going to be in for trouble. I don't think he did. He genuinely seemed to want to get along with the other side. Trump wasted a lot of time with Democrats. They have no intention of playing fair. Many Republicans are useless or harmful as well. It's good to see he's finally getting a clue.

I laid out a method some time ago for identifying leakers, and apparently he used it. I'm surprised it has taken him this long. He must still be a bit of a squishy New York liberal at heart.
blackjack21 wrote:I think naivete has been a valid criticism of Trump from the very beginning.

True, but that would be expected of a first time politician. His naivete was mainly in thinking he could get along with anyone and win them over with his personality.
Godstud wrote:The USA should just take care of the nice places it already has, like Puerto Rico, and forget this absurd Greenland purchase crap.

Purchasing Greenland would be strictly about geostrategy.
Godstud wrote:The PM of Denmark called it absurd, and it is.

Anyone can call anything whatever, that don't mean shit. There's nothing absurd about it, the US bought Alaska from Russia, most of the South from France, and Manhattan from the Natives. What's so absurd about it?
Godstud wrote:Pretending the world, and geopolitics, is the same way it was 150 years ago, or further back, is absurd. Pretending otherwise is ridiculous.

Who's pretending that? Buying territory is a hell of a lot more civilized than taking it by force and countries still do that. There's more than a few people in Europe, the US, and Canada who want their independence but aren't allowed to break away, that's pretty barbaric.
Pants-of-dog wrote:What is absurd is to refuse to go on a state trip because the Danes did not treat it as a serious bid.

And the Danish government had no reason to treat it seriously since the residents of Greenland were not consulted.

The Danish government should have known that Greenland is of strategic value to Russia and China and that it would make sense for the USA to want to acquire it first.
Pants-of-dog wrote:What is absurd is to refuse to go on a state trip because the Danes did not treat it as a serious bid.

And the Danish government had no reason to treat it seriously since the residents of Greenland were not consulted.

They were pompous dildos about it, nobody gives a fuck about the Danes anyway.

EU is not prepared on nuclear war, but Russia,[…]

It is implausible that the IDF could not or would[…]

Moving on to the next misuse of language that sho[…]

There is no reason to have a state at all unless w[…]