Supreme Court Allows Broad Enforcement of Asylum Limits - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
This could have an overwhelmingly positive impact for all of us who want to see illegal immigration in the US greatly diminished and to have a future of not having our demographics fundamentally altered and our voices silenced on the national level:

The justices’ order late Wednesday temporarily undoes a lower-court ruling that had blocked the new asylum policy in some states along the southern border. The policy is meant to deny asylum to anyone who passes through another country on the way to the U.S. without seeking protection there.

It's always the bloody cancer in the lower courts. I think that the ability for lower courts to block a lot was initially designed as a means to be an impasse against the federal government overstepping itself. Ironic that it now exists largely as a tool to destroy people seeking to restore normalcy and uphold rational immigration laws.

Most people crossing the southern border are Central Americans fleeing violence and poverty. They are largely ineligible under the new rule, as are asylum seekers from Africa, Asia and South America who arrive regularly at the southern border.

The shift reverses decades of U.S. policy. The administration has said that it wants to close the gap between an initial asylum screening that most people pass and a final decision on asylum that most people do not win.

“BIG United States Supreme Court WIN for the Border on Asylum!” Trump tweeted.

Justices Ruth Bader Ginsburg and Sonia Sotomayor dissented from the high-court’s order. “Once again, the Executive Branch has issued a rule that seeks to upend longstanding practices regarding refugees who seek shelter from persecution,” Sotomayor wrote.

The legal challenge to the new policy has a brief but somewhat convoluted history. U.S. District Judge Jon Tigar in San Francisco blocked the new policy from taking effect in late July. A three-judge panel of the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals narrowed Tigar’s order so that it applied only in Arizona and California, states that are within the 9th Circuit.

That left the administration free to enforce the policy on asylum seekers arriving in New Mexico and Texas. Tigar issued a new order on Monday that reimposed a nationwide hold on asylum policy. The 9th Circuit again narrowed his order on Tuesday.

The high-court action allows the administration to impose the new policy everywhere while the court case against it continues.

Breitbart

There still needs to be a final victory but, hey, we will hopefully have years more of Pres. Trump and a new school of Republicans to assure victory.
Verv wrote:There still needs to be a final victory but, hey, we will hopefully have years more of Pres. Trump and a new school of Republicans to assure victory.

The Liberal Democrats always take their objections to their liberal Justices in the lower courts that they know will rule in their favor. President Trump has been appointing many conservative judges in the lower courts that should help him out in his next term.
Igor Antunov wrote:You will most assuredly have another term of kiddy fucker Trump and his Jewish cabal. The democrats are so detached from reality and the American public they might as well be running candidates for presidency in a different country.

Will you be celebrating Netanyahu's final demise with a bottle of fine wine like I will? Trump's best friend looks fucked.

I don't like Gantz, but at least he's a slight improvement.

I'm seriously considering throwing my support behind Bernie, since it's now obvious his own community hates his guts for not being a Zionist stooge shrill. Not all Jews are evil(Jesus was technically a Jew remember!).
colliric wrote:Will you be celebrating Netanyahu's final demise with a bottle of fine wine like I will? Trump's best friend looks fucked.

I don't like Gantz, but at least he's a slight improvement.

I'm seriously considering throwing my support behind Bernie, since it's now obvious his own community hates his guts for not being a Zionist stooge shrill. Not all Jews are evil(Jesus was technically a Jew remember!).

Why are you talking about Netanyahu's election on this thread? This thread is about President Trump's win in the Supreme Court that will help with the border crisis.

You have accidentally lurched into the general vi[…]

No, just America. And I am not alone . Althoug[…]

All of your beliefs are cliche platitudes and u[…]

The cities and schools moving to arrest the protes[…]