Jeffrey Epstein Arrested for Sex Trafficking of Minors - Page 19 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Sivad wrote:Is that really true? I always thought because modern hebrew is a reconstructed language it wouldn't share much of the ancient syntax, vocabulary, or pronunciation?

The Jews never forgot how to pronounce most ancient Hebrew words, because their prayers, texts and Religious services used Hebrew in large part. Also most of the base words like Rabbi, Abba(not the Swedish group), HaShem and Bar(word for Son) would be easy to figure out anyway, even if they weren't already preserved. Hebrew remained in use religiously (like Latin in the Catholic Church).

Modern Hebrew needed new words for modern shit like "Computer", "Automobile" and "Bike" mostly.
colliric wrote:The Jews never forgot how to pronounce most ancient Hebrew words, because their prayers, texts and Religious services used Hebrew in large part.

Yeah but look how much English has changed in less than a thousand years, you read Chaucer or Gawain and the Green Knight in the original and you can kind of make out the meaning but it's not the same language. I doubt Modern Hebrew is closer to ancient Hebrew than American English is to Middle English.

Modern Hebrew needed new words for modern shit like "Computer", "Automobile" and "Bike" mostly.

It's not just new words, it's radically different connotations. The cultures are so vastly different that even if the languages were lexically and syntactically identical they still wouldn't be mutually intelligible.
Yeah but look how much English has changed in less than a thousand years, you read Chaucer or Gawain and the Green Knight in the original and you can kind of make out the meaning but it's not the same language. I doubt Modern Hebrew is closer to ancient Hebrew than American English is to Middle English.

Ancient Hebrew is not that far off modern Hebrew. I can read the bible which is written in ancient Hebrew and its not that hard after getting used to. I tried listening to ancient English couldnt understand a word it sounds very scandinavian
Ter wrote:Not surprised that @skinster finds what @Igor Antunov said about Jews being a vile subspecies pretty normal...

I quoted Igor talking about Trump likely being a paedo, not sure why you're pretending there's antisemitism there or even that I am racist in any way, when I'm quite obviously anti-racist.

You can take the girl out of Pakistan but you cannot take Pakistan out of the girl

Must be weird being you, crying racism and simultaneously displaying yourself as a racist in the same/next sentence.

Zionists. :lol:
About Epdtein being dead, Potemkin wrote:Agreed. The main reason most mafiosi don't make it to retirement is because their former bosses whack them before they get to trial so they can't make a plea bargain with the Feds and rat them out.

Yes, but it is bad for future recruiting if you whack a loyal and successful foot soldier.

Much better to smuggle him out, change his identity, and promote him to a discreet planning position abroad.

If you have the resources, that is. And his mafia definitely has the resources.

His mafia also has a strong bond of family loyalty. The iron ring that Hannah Arendt describes.

He's probably undergoing plastic surgery as we type.
QatzelOk wrote:Yes, but it is bad for future recruiting if you whack a loyal and successful foot soldier.

Much better to smuggle him out, change his identity, and promote him to a discreet planning position abroad.

If you have the resources, that is. And his mafia definitely has the resources.

His mafia also has a strong bond of family loyalty. The iron ring that Hannah Arendt describes.

He's probably undergoing plastic surgery as we type.

Nah. Whatever quasi-mafia he may or may not have worked for would have whacked him out. Why take the risk of keeping him alive? "Look... why take a chance?" Too much at stake, Qatz.

I agree with @Potemkin.

Epstein was not familia (I think it's famiglia in Italian?). Thus, will is disposable to the mafia.

Sidenote, the mafia is far less violent today than it was in the past. They are better at keeping their business quiet. They are also good at skirting the grey area between what is a legal business and what is an illegal business.

In short, they are much smarter these days.

Cosa nostra is underground.
Rancid wrote:I agree with @Potemkin.

Epstein was not familia (I think it's famiglia in Italian?). Thus, will is disposable to the mafia.

Sidenote, the mafia is far less violent today than it was in the past. They are better at keeping their business quiet. They are also good at skirting the grey area between what is a legal business and what is an illegal business.

In short, they are much smarter these days.

Cosa nostra is underground.

Indeed. In fact, the Mafia was at its most violent at the very beginning, when it was founded in New York back in the 1890s/1900s. When Lucky Luciano and his allies took over organised crime in 1931, one of their first major reforms was to decrease the amount of violence used. Luciano would rather bribe people than whack them. In fact, he forced Lupo "the Wolf", who had co-founded the American-Sicilian Mafia with Giuseppe Morello back in the mid-1890s, to retire from the rackets in 1931, because Lupo was too notorious as a prolific killer - he didn't fit in with the "kinder, gentler" image of the Mafia which Luciano was touting. Back in the 1900s, people would cross themselves whenever Lupo's name was mentioned. He is known to have personally killed almost a hundred people, most of them for no very good reason. The "Moustache Petes" were so hated by Luciano and his allies precisely because of their propensity for senseless and prolific violence.

Every time the Mafia has morphed into a new form, it has tended to become less violent, not more. The reason for this is simple - violence and gang wars are simply bad for business.
Rancid wrote:I agree with @Potemkin.

Potemkin wrote:Lucky Luciano

I wasn't referring to Italian mafia.
How obtuse of both of you to suggest that Italian is the only flavor of organized crime.

It wasn't like Jeffrey Epstein was using extortion to get a monopoly on construction contracts. His extortion was more about control of world politics - a much bigger mafia is required for this.

I guess Italians are an easier target for most people in our racially-selective culture.
QatzelOk wrote:I wasn't referring to Italian mafia.
How obtuse of both of you to suggest that Italian is the only flavor of organized crime.

It wasn't like Jeffrey Epstein was using extortion to get a monopoly on construction contracts. His extortion was more about control of world politics - a much bigger mafia is required for this.

I guess Italians are an easier target for most people in our racially-selective culture.

It's actually a tribute to the Sicilians that they managed to take over organised crime in the US - the Irish and the Jews had their own criminal gangs too, but the Sicilians were simply better at it than anyone else. And it was only after Lucky Luciano and his allies took over in 1931 that they opened the Mafia up so that even Italians could join. Luciano was once shocked to hear a high-ranking mafioso refer to one of his friends, Frank Costello, as "that filthy Calabrian". Lol.

And if indeed Epstein was working for a bigger and badder mafia than even the Cosa Nostra, then it is even more likely, not less, that they whacked him. The bigger the stakes, the deadlier the game.
Potemkin wrote:And if indeed Epstein was working for a bigger and badder mafia than even the Cosa Nostra, then it is even more likely, not less, that they whacked him. The bigger the stakes, the deadlier the game.

Yes, but a bigger and badder mafia can afford to preserve its fallen heroes, like Epstein.

A lesser mafia might worry about being exposed, but the biggest mafia controls what gets exposed.
Potemkin wrote:It's actually a tribute to the Sicilians that they managed to take over organised crime in the US - the Irish and the Jews had their own criminal gangs too, but the Sicilians were simply better at it than anyone else. And it was only after Lucky Luciano and his allies took over in 1931 that they opened the Mafia up so that even Italians could join. Luciano was once shocked to hear a high-ranking mafioso refer to one of his friends, Frank Costello, as "that filthy Calabrian". Lol.

And if indeed Epstein was working for a bigger and badder mafia than even the Cosa Nostra, then it is even more likely, not less, that they whacked him. The bigger the stakes, the deadlier the game.

You think the Sicilians would let me join the mob?
Rancid wrote:damn it....

Though, my genetic profile does say I have an Italian grandparent.

Were they Sicilian? One Sicilian grandparent is worth three Italian grandparents. Lol.

Some examples: https://twitter.com/OnlinePalEng/s[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

I do not have your life Godstud. I am never going[…]

He's a parasite

Trump Derangement Syndrome lives. :O