Blackface: Canada's Racist PM - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Leftist Canadian PM Justin Trudeau apparently has a history of blackface, revealed just as he's heading into the final stretch of the elections. I guess it's a "September Surprise" in Canada.

Undoubtedly, the media and the left will defend Trudeau for actually doing what the left claims in its fever dreams that the right is doing. Trudeau was doing this in 2001, which makes the whole thing seem a little weird. I can see like the mid-1980s or something, but 2001? :?:

Anyway, it's nice to see a smug liberal having to eat his own words.
I suspect that if you go in the past(10 to 20 years) of every politician who has ever lived, that you would find them making stupid mistakes when they were younger, that would not reflect on who they are today. Note: I am not defending Trudeau's past actions. I am merely making the point.

Of course, if you're just looking to fling poo(which is obviously your goal here), well then go ahead. It's futile and puerile.

Then again, what would a person living in a plutocracy like CA, USA know about Canadian politics? ;)
Everything else he's done proves that he probably isn't racist..

(Or rather, as un-racist as a liberal politician gets wrt 'the system' (paying homage to ty kommunisty here)).

He may have done racist things when he was younger, but he's certainly the best you can hope for in modern 'democracy' in the west.

But those who are filled with total arrogance and no sense of humility; they're certainly full of something which they're flinging.

Trudeau was a 29-year-old teacher at West Point Grey Academy and was attending a party with an "Arabian Nights" theme when he wore brownface to a party at a school. Probably he was a hilarious teacher popular among high school students and he was a party clown.

A scene from Radio-Canada's parody of Justin Trudeau's February 2018 trip to India.

There was another controversy previously. I thought it was him who was dancing in the parody video but the show turned out to be a Canadian SNL, mocking the prime minister.

Last edited by ThirdTerm on 20 Sep 2019 22:49, edited 3 times in total.
OK so lets get this clear,

If I want to black my face, or colour my face, I will do it and I won't be asking permission from or be apologising to any Cultural Marxists or other woke fascists. This is quite apart from the fact that this story reveals the appalling abuse that is directed at trans Black people.
:roll: Trudeau isn't a racist. That's simply a stupid thing to say. He did a dumb thing a long time ago. Many people do.

Watch the CBC report that was posted by bj21. Even they say that beyond an apology there's really nothing to be done. It does, however, hurt his image a lot.
If this bothers you, then do not vote for him.

It is a moot point for me since I was never going to vote for him, but this brownface has nothing to do with it. I am not voting for him because of actual racist policies he has actually supported and are actually significant.
Hong Wu wrote:I appreciate the boundless forgiveness that some people are developing for this sort of thing :excited:

I'm guessing he will still be elected. Largely because humans are bad at behaving consistently with their claimed morals and ethics. That is, people are willing to give him a pass on racism because well, there's probably other selfish stuff they want from him.

Ultimately, we're all slime balls.
I hate shit like this.

Something someone does years ago in their past gets dredged up by some opposition campaign investigators and everyone's supposed to be disgusted and dismayed, and the person in question faces calls to step down.

Fuck that.

The guy was stupid and pretty much admitted that. He's owned it. He hasn't tried to explain it away.

So he wore blackface. Who gives a fuck? I don't give a shit about him one way or another, nor do I really give a fuck about Canadian politics, but asinine shit like this is meaningless and only serves as a distraction...
Godstud wrote:I suspect that if you go in the past(10 to 20 years) of every politician who has ever lived, that you would find them making stupid mistakes when they were younger, that would not reflect on who they are today.

Undoubtedly. However, we have a fraudulent political faction that feigns outrage through so-called "mainstream media" at the sort of thing Trudeau did with the actual intent to lambaste people who are not of their political stripe, and find themselves bemused and frantically conjuring up excuses for the behavior of their own membership and leadership when they offer no such excuses for their political opposition and indeed pile on for political ends.

Godstud wrote:Note: I am not defending Trudeau's past actions. I am merely making the point.

Like the picture of Al Franken mock grabbing the boobs of a young woman, I think it is funny. However, it is a situation where the left has to eat their own in order to maintain the credibility of their holier-than-thou disposition.

Godstud wrote:Of course, if you're just looking to fling poo(which is obviously your goal here), well then go ahead. It's futile and puerile.

My obvious goal here is to point out the hypocrisy of the political left, and just how funny they have become--almost a self-parody, but they still take themselves too seriously for that. We shall see in mid-October whether it is futile. Puerile? Wouldn't that be a better characterization of Mr. Trudeau?

Godstud wrote:Then again, what would a person living in a plutocracy like CA, USA know about Canadian politics? ;)

That some of its leaders are fraudulent... After all, I live in a plutocracy of very wealthy "woke" people who support supplying heroin addicts with sterile needles and methadone (invented by the Nazis), leaving mentally ill and addicted people unable to care for themselves homeless on the streets while purporting to be for universal healthcare.

Presvias wrote:Everything else he's done proves that he probably isn't racist..

No. He's not a racist in a political sense. In a non-political sense, he is a racist--AND SO IS EVERYONE ELSE. It's natural. Similarly, Donald Trump is not a racist. You won't find pictures of Donald Trump dressed up in black face--and you can be sure there is a well-paid army of people trying to dig up anything they can on Trump.

Presvias wrote:He may have done racist things when he was younger, but he's certainly the best you can hope for in modern 'democracy' in the west.

Oh, I think one can hope for a great deal more--like not being so absurdly sanctimonious given ones own attitudes.

Godstud wrote::roll: Trudeau isn't a racist.

Of course he's racist. He's just not advocating race-based political policies.

Godstud wrote:He did a dumb thing a long time ago. Many people do.

Like saying, "You can grab 'em by the pussy." The point is that one political faction in particular tries to destroy people's reputations with the hopes of disqualifying them from public office for exactly the type of thing Trudeau himself has done many times.

Godstud wrote:Even they say that beyond an apology there's really nothing to be done.

Well, Canadians could spend millions of taxpayer dollars to investigate whether Trudeau has ever oppressed anyone of a different race in spite of no credible evidence that he has done so.

Godstud wrote:It does, however, hurt his image a lot.

Yes. In this case what goes around comes around. People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones for their own good, and the good of all peoplekind.

Pants-of-dog wrote:I am not voting for him because of actual racist policies he has actually supported and are actually significant.

Enlighten us! What policies?

Rancid wrote:That is, people are willing to give him a pass on racism because well, there's probably other selfish stuff they want from him.

And because they more or less did the same types of things. They are just as "racist" as Trudeau himself, and every bit as "racist" as the people they accuse of racism. Wokeness is a fraud and it will persist as long as there is some utility to it. Those of us who prefer freedom to security just want to destroy the utility of that sort of fraud.
blackjack21 wrote:And because they more or less did the same types of things. They are just as "racist" as Trudeau himself, and every bit as "racist" as the people they accuse of racism. Wokeness is a fraud and it will persist as long as there is some utility to it. Those of us who prefer freedom to security just want to destroy the utility of that sort of fraud.

As a general statement, I can agree.

We're all frauds, I guess it's just a matter of degrees. :lol: :hmm:
Godstud wrote:I suspect that if you go in the past(10 to 20 years) of every politician who has ever lived, that you would find them making stupid mistakes when they were younger, that would not reflect on who they are today.

I'm gonna' call bullshit on this one.

Inasmuch as I really don't give a shit about the whole thing, the argument that he probably should've known better is sound. It's not like he was a 19 year old kid when he did it. The guy was 30 years old...
Yeah, he was 30 years old when he did that stupid shit, and became Prime Minister in 2015 at the age of 44. You don't think 14 years makes a difference? :roll:

Anyways, I don't care what you think, since you know squat about Canada, and live in some Floridian shit-hole. :p
@Godstud
You are about the same age as Trudeau, are you not? Would you have put on blackface at age 30?

The other obvious question is if you did not have a crush on Trudeau, if he was in a different party, would you not be spitting out your own spleen in righteous rage at this point?
It's fine if you actually don't care that he wore a costume decades ago. The problem is that whether or not you get a pass from the loudest people over decades-old trivialities depends entirely upon where you lie on the political spectrum. Sad!

At great pains we must learn to ignore those who seek to be aggrieved.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

@JohnRawls Why do you think that? If you were[…]

Isn't oil and electricity bought and sold like ev[…]

@Potemkin I heard this song in the Plaza Grande […]

I (still) have a dream

Even with those millions though. I will not be ab[…]