BBC reprimands Naga Munchetty for accusing Trump of racism - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-ente ... 6.html?amp

BBC Breakfast presenter Naga Munchetty exhibited “bias” by suggesting Donald Trump was guilty of racism.

In the 17 July 2019 edition of the morning programme, Munchetty expressed anger over Mr Trump’s suggestion that Democratic congresswomen Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Ilhan Omar, Rashida Tlaib and Ayanna Pressley “go back and help fix the totally broken and crime infested places from which they came”.

“Every time I’ve been told as a woman of colour to ‘go home’, to ‘go back to where I’ve come from’, that was embedded in racism,” Munchetty said.

“Now, I’m not accusing anyone of anything here, but you know what certain phrases mean.”

She later said on the programme that she was “furious” about the comments, and that “a lot of people in this country” would be feeling the same way.

Why should she be chastised for making an eminently fair, and straightforwardly true and honest point?
Trump's original tweet was remotely racist but the BBC presenter unfairly linked it with her personal experience in Britain to be told to go back to where you came from. Munchetty truly said that these comments are "embedded in racism" in the BBC programme but she should not have blamed Trump for making racist comments. Probably the BBC is worried about damaging the special relationship with America as a national broadcasting corporation.

The ECU found Munchetty's assertion that Mr Trump's comments were "embedded in racism" went beyond what the BBC allows and upheld a complaint made about the presenter's comments.

The BBC's spokeswoman said a summary of the complaint and the ECU's decision would be published on the BBC's online complaints pages and that it would "include a note of any action taken as a result of the finding".
Godstud wrote:They are supposed to report the news, not give everyone their opinion. That's what Fox News is for.

That's a laugh, in WWII the BBC's sole purpose was to feed the people misinfo to keep them motivated and continue fighting the war. The illusion that they are unbiased is, well, an illusion.

Why does Laura Kuenssberg (or Cuntsberg as I call her) get to report negatively on everyone except the Tories?

For once she did the opposite and blasted them instead, today:

Laura Kuenssberg

@bbclaurak
Have seen more hours of the Commons than I care to remember + that was one of most brutal + mad I have ever seen - no shred of remorse from the PM ruled to have broken law yesterday, paltry attempt at answering Corbyn's Qs, a few Labour MPs screaming, 'you should be in jail'

7:38 PM - Sep 25, 2019

Bollocks to it. If she can write blatant truthes like that ^ with impunity; why can't Naga?

Her heritage perchance? And yes the BBC has been accused of racism at times too...
You have to put personal feelings aside and judge it based on the BBC’s goals and business model. It makes an attempt to be somewhat neutral and certainly doesn’t take official sides against sitting heads of state. The BBC isn’t completely impartial, but it’s a news agency, not the Alex Jones Show. It’s not the job of a morning newscaster to push the BBC into a political position. Doing so automatically costs viewers and potentially even ad revenue, which means less money.

In answer to the OP, it doesn’t matter what one’s emotions/feelings are on the matter. The world is full of politicians far more racist than Trump, and it is self-evident why it’s not appropriate for a newscaster to push their political views on people tuning in for the news.
Laura Kuenssberg has repeatedly (and rightly) impugned Doris Karloff Johnny on the brexit podcast.

Why isn't she facing disciplinary action?

It's racist as fuck. I'm with Mizz Naga, why can't she call a spade a spade? I expect Laura Kuntsberg to do the same as well. The sustained politicising of the BBC is actually being resisted, and biased Toryish presenters are beginning to see the light and turn new corners; in a way, it's a good thing.
Presvias wrote:Well, Tlaib was born in the USA like you.

You're a foreigner like she is...

I love idiot posts like yours.

No, I'm not a foreigner. And neither is she.

With regards to Tlaib, what Trump said was stupid. With regards to the terrorist sympathizer Omar, however, though, it was not...
:excited: She's probably singing 'I want to know what love is'

But with regards to terrorist sympathizing, I think govts supporting Mujahideen offshoots who rape kids in afghanistan and who are radical islamists is worse. And the fascist paramilitaries in Ukraine...and Trump's support for terrorist Modi, and Duterte who's a mass murderer. Let's not forget the reactionary Islamist Saudis ... but of course Ilhan is the real terror sympathizer. :roll:

She actually isn't by the way. I checked all the evidence out about her. It's Fox news BS propaganda. I don't support her btw but I'll challenge sophistries about her.

If you think you can prove she is a terror sympathiser, go ahead ....
Presvias wrote:If you think you can prove she is a terror sympathiser, go ahead ....

If I told you that water was wet and then poured a pitcher of water on you to prove it, you wouldn't believe it.

I'll let you burrow down that rabbit hole by yourself...
BigSteve wrote:If I told you that water was wet and then poured a pitcher of water on you to prove it, you wouldn't believe it.

Exactly! ;)

If you told me it, I'd be extremely skeptical.. the water would probably not be water; it'd be orange juice...

I'll let you burrow down that rabbit hole by yourself...

Thank you gracious sir!
Presvias wrote:Exactly! ;)

If you told me it, I'd be extremely skeptical.. the water would probably not be water; it'd be orange juice

Thank you for acknowledging that you just wish to argue for argument's sake and have nothing intelligent to add...
Looks like the BBC woz well racist bru..

https://amp.theguardian.com/media/2019/ ... dan-walker

BBC racism row: Naga Munchetty complaint was also about co-host Dan Walker
Exclusive: Walker also subject of original complaint - but BBC standards chief claimed only Munchetty was targeted

Jim Waterson Media editor
Mon 30 Sep 2019 12.43 BST
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare via Email
The original complaint that led to the BBC’s Naga Munchetty being disciplined over her comments about Donald Trump was also about her co-host, Dan Walker, according to correspondence seen by the Guardian, in apparent contradiction of the corporation’s assertion that there had been no complaint about his role.

After the BBC ruled last week that Munchetty had breached editorial guidelines in a conversation with Walker about Donald Trump, the corporation defended itself against anger that only a woman of colour had been punished and not her white, male co-host by insisting its hands were tied.
----

Oh well, with an openly racist PM who moans about "flag-waving picaninnies", what does one expect from these heathens and charlatans...nothing less than perfect bullshuttle racismus..

"Ukraine’s real losses should be counted i[…]

I would bet you have very strong feelings about DE[…]

@Rugoz A compromise with Putin is impossibl[…]

@KurtFF8 Litwin wages a psyops war here but we […]