The Netflix series called Dark - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Discuss literary and artistic creations, or post your own poetry, essays etc.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Dark is a time travel scifi show. There is a voiceover at the very beginning talking about time. If you've spent any time trying to learn about such things, you will literally wince.

Honestly, I don't care about the premise, just how well it's executed.

The thing that caught my attention immediately is that it's a German production, and the story is supposed to be happening in America. Or, at least, that is how it seems at the moment. I am enjoying all the ways they're getting it wrong. It sounds like a bad thing, trust me, it's not.

The other thing that just jumps out at you, is the 70s. The main character rides a 70s bike boom bike to school. The camera then cuts to an elderly lady adjusting a stereo receiver that looks like it's from the 70s. The small town has a nuclear power plant, which (at least to me) just about screams 70s. I've watched about ten minutes ( I wanted to set this down so I could look at it later); and the show is about time travel, so I wonder if they're trying to set a mood.

In any case, Netflix makes a lot of bad shows, they buy a lot of bad shows, because they're cheap. But, occasionally, you get a good one, and I am hoping this will be one of those.
I've watched 4 episodes now. I was wrong about one thing, it takes place in Germany. But I think the actors are trying to behave somewhat American? They emote a lot for Germans. Maybe they're in Southern Germany, they aren't as restrained.

A reviewer said the show was slow placed. Try glacial. Also, lots of darkly lit scenes.

The reviewer also said there was a big payoff when things come together. We'll see, I am beginning to have doubts about that.

Some strange things are happening, and the resulting upheaval starts uncovering all those small town secrets. But it's not soap opera-y. Quite the opposite.

Sorry, I wanted to talk about it, but avoid spoilers, since the show is all about the slow reveal. I often don't like that, and I'm on the fence with this one. But I do keep watching, so there is that.

@Godstud " blowjobs" You are like […]

Eugenics as a concept is quite interesting since […]

@Rich more veterans lose their lives in peace ti[…]

@FiveofSwords You still haven't told us how yo[…]