Vast protest in Hong Kong against extradition law - Page 44 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Presvias wrote:Yeah, don't know what to say to that myself...

I agree with your earlier post, except disagree about there being no good and evil, naturally.

I know a young Chinese guy who mostly lived in Malaysia and Singapore; he's alt-right, hates the CCP, thinks that Romanian Fascist dictators are the ideal model for world governance. I despair, really do. Hopefully, the ignorance among the young Chinese diaspora is confined to such anecdotes, and is not-so-widespread. (shrugs)

What is wrong with the alt-right? I understand they are stigmatized by the fact that some of the members are indeed Nazis but most of them are only looking for a way out from the situation in their part of the world. The reason alt-right exists is the same reason radicals came to power in the 20's,30's and 40s of the 20th century. People are dissatisfied with their life. If we don't fix that then this process will only intensify. Housing that costs 40 years of your lifes work, low salaries, debt slavery basically, no work in society that bases your value by the amount of money you earn etc They are not exactly incorrect in saying that liberalism is at fault here along with globalisation.

European, American, developed nations middle classes are the losers that are subsidising the global growth right now. The more you impoverish the middle class, the more radical it will get until heads start flying of peoples heads. We will face a massive middle class revolt in both US and EU if nothing changes within the next 5-20 years. The current alt-right, Trump and Brexit are not revolts but just minor symptoms of what is to come if nothing changes.

Funnily enough, Hong Kong is facing a similar situation that pilled on top of the long existing problem of the encroaching CCP authoritarianism, assimilation and full destruction of HK autonomy. Don't forget, HK has perhaps the most priciest housing in the world, well at least one of the most priciest for example.
Presvias wrote:I mostly agree except for your saying "what is wrong with them apart from some being nazis". That's misguided IMHO, they're much more harmful than that, but otherwise you're absolutely correct in everything else you said..and you put it quite well.

Nazis will exist and be part of some larger group at any point of time. Does it mean that we have to stigmatize the whole party for it? Once upon a time D's in the US were that party and now its the R's. And its not only Nazis, there are also Green radicals, Left radicals etc. Many ideologies have a fair share of lunatics, it is just how it is.
The nationalists had their chance and they failed utterly. They even lost control of Taiwan and now its stagnating, with most of its industry moved to the mainland. The CPC has done wonders in the past 40 years. Forget ideology or labels for a moment. Look at results. This is what I base my support of them on.

As for Hong Kong, its a footnote, only relevant to mainland on the basis of territorial security-i.e keeping hostile forces out. It can burn itself down for all Beijing cares, it was a major competitor to Shanghai financially and to shanghai Port and to the pearl river delta resellers. It is no longer a competitor. Hong Kong's implosion benefits the mainland economically. They will take over its operations.
Igor Antunov wrote:The nationalists had their chance and they failed utterly. They even lost control of Taiwan and now its stagnating, with most of its industry moved to the mainland. The CPC has done wonders in the past 40 years. Forget ideology or labels for a moment. Look at results. This is what I base my support of them on.

As for Hong Kong, its a footnote, only relevant to mainland on the basis of territorial security-i.e keeping hostile forces out. It can burn itself down for all Beijing cares, it was a major competitor to Shanghai financially and to shanghai Port and to the pearl river delta resellers. It is no longer a competitor. Hong Kong's implosion benefits the mainland economically. They will take over its operations.

I like your moxie, but China is a tyrant.

Can't wait to see the South Park Episode soon...

It won't be banned in Australia so you can watch it too Igor.
By attacking the NBA, China exposed the more unsavory aspects of its authoritarian ways to a wider segment of the American mainstream. Now gamers are mad, too.

https://supchina.com/2019/10/09/china-has-played-itself/

The CCP seemed to being doing a remarkable job of drumming up support for the people of HK. The recent Blizzard fiasco has gone viral on gamer commentary sites.

From the article linked above:

This is our reality in the age of the Aggrieved Authoritarian. Around the time Xi Jinping took power, our very own Kaiser Kuo used the term “new truculence” to describe Beijing’s strategy of defending itself against foreign attacks and addressing grievances, whether real or perceived. When truculence meets hypersensitivity, what you get is the triple threat of online harassment, damages to business, and outright censorship. (For an example of that last item, here’s what happened to South Park for daring to be funny.)

“Aggrieved Authoritarianism” also describes the current form of progressivism in the West. It seems they share a worldview with the CCP. No wonder they keep trying to put down HK protesters.
colliric wrote:I like your moxie, but China is a tyrant.

Can't wait to see the South Park Episode soon...

It won't be banned in Australia so you can watch it too Igor.

I'm in Shanghai (pudong) as I type and nothing is banned. The firewall does not apply in certain districts and regions. It also doesn't apply to my mobile data plan which I purchased in China. I still won't watch south park. They shilled for shillary.
Igor Antunov wrote:I'm in Shanghai (pudong) as I type and nothing is banned. The firewall does not apply in certain districts and regions. It also doesn't apply to my mobile data plan which I purchased in China. I still won't watch south park. They shilled for shillary.

?

They deliver the most hilarious Shillary skewering I ever saw.....

Lol.

Didn't you see that episode?

JohnRawls wrote:Funnily enough, Hong Kong is facing a similar situation that pilled on top of the long existing problem of the encroaching CCP authoritarianism, assimilation and full destruction of HK autonomy. Don't forget, HK has perhaps the most priciest housing in the world, well at least one of the most priciest for example.

This is because of capitalism.
skinster wrote:https://twitter.com/dancohen3000/status/1183044646798274561?s=20

It hasn't been the case all the time. When capitalism becomes oppressive against the workers and favours capital disproportionately then sure. Marx is both correct and incorrect at the same time. The capitalism that he was describing definitely exists but there are variations that are far better. The current version that we are practising right now is Marxian capitalism and his critique is more or less on the point.
JohnRawls wrote:What is wrong with the alt-right?

They're nazis. The term was coined by a nazi, Richard Spencer, because of the baggage associated with the word nazi.

You don't start calling yourself alt-right without reading a lot of nationalist "keep [my country] white" shit first.

JohnRawls wrote:Nazis will exist and be part of some larger group at any point of time. Does it mean that we have to stigmatize the whole party for it?

Yes. If nazis feel comfortable as part of your group you are doing something wrong and should do some real reflection on why and how you are attracting nazis to your cause.
SpecialOlympian wrote:They're nazis. The term was coined by a nazi, Richard Spencer, because of the baggage associated with the word nazi.

You don't start calling yourself alt-right without reading a lot of nationalist "keep [my country] white" shit first.

Yes. If nazis feel comfortable as part of your group you are doing something wrong and should do some real reflection on why and how you are attracting nazis to your cause.

How are nazis worse than liberals? Liberals have killed and enslaved way more people than nazis ever did, how is racism more evil than nihilistic marauding? Liberals are raping murdering swine, they just have better PR. If liberals feel comfortable as part of your group you are doing something wrong and should do some real reflection on why and how you are attracting liberals to your cause.
Liberals are better in that I'd hang out with a professed liberal. I wouldn't be in the same room with a professed nazi. Liberals are people that I believe could be decent - given some information. Nazis have seen some real shit and decided they're going to make castle doctrine their explicit international ideology.
skinster wrote:https://twitter.com/dancohen3000/status/1183044646798274561?s=20

1. I seriously doubt that was taken from somewhere other than Hong Kong.
2. The Chinese did much worse than that. Death by a thousand cuts, Familial execution, etc.
3. Even at that time Sun Yat-sen of all people approved that the British were better.
4. We are asking for British rule as it was in their last two decades. What is shown here cannot disprove my claim.

I seriously wish that this Dishonourable Lebensunwertes Leben, and everyone of similar kind quoted by him in support of China, be brought in front of God as soon as possible.
Sivad wrote:How are nazis worse than liberals?

Lmbo OK guy who is obviously a sockpuppet for Maz.

Like, you are either Maz posting on a VPN or you are so tragically brain damaged that you somehow are extremely left leaning but always come down on the side of far right wing beliefs because of your insanely conspiratorial viewpoint.

Which is more likely? Which is more tragic? Both are pretty sad, but every post you make is exactly like Maz saying, "Hello fellow leftists, I found this really cool video by this left leaning guy named Tim Pool. Check this shit out!"

Red_Army wrote:Liberals are better in that I'd hang out with a professed liberal. I wouldn't be in the same room with a professed nazi. Liberals are people that I believe could be decent - given some information. Nazis have seen some real shit and decided they're going to make castle doctrine their explicit international ideology.

On the whole, your average liberal is the kind of person who went to a decent school and believes the pablum about The Founding Fathers being Great Men with Great Ideas who (retroactively) wanted freedom for all. They are naive.

Nazis are people who aggressively seek out information that justifies their desire to violently eliminate anyone who disagrees with them. Unfortunately for them, the facts point to white genocide as being the one true cure-all for all of society's problems.
Last edited by SpecialOlympian on 13 Oct 2019 10:10, edited 1 time in total.
Sivad wrote:How are nazis worse than liberals? Liberals have killed and enslaved way more people than nazis ever did, how is racism more evil than nihilistic marauding? Liberals are raping murdering swine, they just have better PR. If liberals feel comfortable as part of your group you are doing something wrong and should do some real reflection on why and how you are attracting liberals to your cause.

This Honourable Person only counted the absolute number, but failed to take in two more important factors:
1. What is the proportion of unethical deaths versus general population for "liberals" and "Nazis" respectively?
2. The Nazis were defeated before they could kill more.

IMHO there are also so many people (including this Honourable Person, no less) became freer because of liberalism, instead of either Nazism or Communism.
Patrickov wrote:This Honourable Person only counted the absolute number, but failed to take in two more important factors:
1. What is the proportion of unethical deaths versus general population for "liberals" and "Nazis" respectively?
2. The Nazis were defeated before they could kill more.

IMHO there are also so many people (including this Honourable Person, no less) became freer because of liberalism, instead of either Nazism or Communism.

The term ‘liberal’ in America is often used to describe someone on the left. @Sivad needs to define what he means by liberal to clear up the confusion.
foxdemon wrote:@Sivad needs to define what he means by liberal to clear up the confusion.

The liberals are the transpartisan establishment. The big round table groups like the cfr and Chatham House, the major international institutions like the UN and the IMF, the major establishment think tanks like Brookings, the ivy league universities, the big philanthropic foundations, major media outlets like WaPo and NYT, the major financial institutions, the big humanitarian and environmental NGOs, the establishment wings of all the major political parties in the US and Europe, the big tech companies, the billionaire oligarchs like Soros, Gates, and Buffet, Hollywood and most of the culture creation industry, etc etc

A liberal is just a privileged elitist that justifies theft, oppression, and murder by appealing to the principles of democracy, equality, and liberty. Liberals cloak themselves in diversity and tolerance but all they're really after is power and control.
Sivad wrote:The liberals are the transpartisan establishment. The big round table groups like the cfr and Chatham House, the major international institutions like the UN and the IMF, the major establishment think tanks like Brookings, the ivy league universities, the big philanthropic foundations, major media outlets like WaPo and NYT, the major financial institutions, the big humanitarian and environmental NGOs, the establishment wings of all the major political parties in the US and Europe, the big tech companies, the billionaire oligarchs like Soros, Gates, and Buffet, Hollywood and most of the culture creation industry, etc etc

A liberal is just a privileged elitist that justifies theft, oppression, and murder by appealing to the principles of democracy, equality, and liberty. Liberals cloak themselves in diversity and tolerance but all they're really after is power and control.

Lol. And Trump isn't a billionaire oligarc? And all his ilk with Bannon, the NRA, large corporations, big oil & gas and of course Russia and her oligarcs?

By all means deride the liberal establishment but it's just :lol: priceless to pretend Trump et al are anything other than much, much worse.

Moving on to the next misuse of language that sho[…]

@JohnRawls What if your assumption is wrong??? […]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

Only Zionists believe that bollocks and you lot ar[…]

There is no reason to have a state at all unless w[…]