Extinction Rebellion: Climate protest brings London to standstill - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Sivad wrote:Because people don't like extreme energy austerity and technocratic despots all up in their shit.

So you think people have convinced themselves of weird conspiracy theories and untruths? Sounds plausible. They want progressives to be wrong so badly they will deny science.

Sivad wrote:Every bit of it is true. You just refuse to acknowledge it because you think this climate hoax is useful for furthering your political goals. If the progs really think they're gonna get social or economic justice out of this hoax then they might just be the most clueless bunch of useful idiots to ever hit the scene. This hoax was manufactured by the technocratic globalist oligarchs and it has nothing to do with any kind of justice.

Then provide evidence.
Maurice Strong’s Cloak of Green with Elaine Dewar

In the early 1990s Canadian author, researcher and journalist Elaine Dewar had the chance to meet and interview Maurice Strong for her book, Cloak of Green: The Links between Key Environmental Groups, Government and Big Business. Today she joins The Corbett Report to discuss Strong’s career and her discovery of the business and political interests behind the NGOs shaping the environmental movement.
Meet Maurice Strong: Globalist, Oiligarch, “Environmentalist”

President of Power Corp. President of the Canadian International Development Agency. Chair of Petro Canada. Chair of Ontario Hydro. Head of the United Nations Environmental Program. Founding member of the World Economic Forum at Davos. Father of the IPCC. Committed globalist.

https://www.corbettreport.com/meet-maur ... mentalist/
Is that really all you can manage? I could better discredit the movement with evidence I've got, I'm not going to because my agenda is supporting naive but decent folks who want to stop the planet from frying. I must be a nasty fucker and a half.. :roll:

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/James_Corbett

https://www.google.com/amp/s/mediabiasf ... ort/%3famp
Presvias wrote:Is that really all you can manage?

That's all I need to manage. The Rockefeller backed oligarch industrialist that founded the party of Davos is the same guy that started the IPCC. What else is there to say, the globalist oligarchy has been funding and orchestrating the global warming hoax from the beginning.

I could better discredit the movement with evidence I've got

I doubt you could discredit anything other than yourself.
Maurice Strong was the founding father and first director of the UN Environment Programme and Secretary General of the 1972 UN Conference on the Human Environment.

I am deeply saddened that Maurice Strong passed away yesterday at the age of 86. He was one of the most extraordinary personalities I ever met.

He deeply incorporated the World Economic Forum’s mission of improving the state of the world into everything he did. He was a great visionary, always ahead of our times in his thinking. He was my mentor since the creation of the Forum: a great friend; an indispensable advisor; and, for many years, a member of our Foundation Board. Without him, the Forum would not have achieved its present significance.

I am grateful to him for his guidance and partnership. I will always remember the hundreds of hours where we exchanged ideas. I will miss not only his advice but also his humour. In short: a great person has left us, but he certainly contributed to make the world a better place. - Klaus Schwab, Founder and Executive Chairman, World Economic Forum

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2015/11/ ... reciation/
^ Says the guy who posts frothing at the mouth tinfoil hattery and pretends it's real proof of anything whatsoever.

I've been critical of the climate movement with reason and many people from both sides agree with my points. You're rabbitting with fringe psych ward cases on youtube and acting as if I should attach great importance to your opinion of this, and of me.. :lol: Try again.
Sivad wrote:That's all I need to manage. The Rockefeller backed oligarch industrialist that founded the party of Davos is the same guy that started the IPCC. What else is there to say, the globalist oligarchy has been funding and orchestrating the global warming hoax from the beginning.

Wikipedia says that the IPCC was started by Swedish climatologist Bert Bolin in 1988. Whatever imperfections Maurice Strong had don't contaminate all the other actors involved in protecting the environment.

Also, the biggest amounts of money in the world belong to environment-destroying corporations (some of which are based in oil-producing Sasketchawan, where author Elaine Dewar works from), so if you're looking for likely paid propaganda, you will doubtlessly be more successful if you look at articles that defend industrial polluters, or that suggest that their behaviors are harmless.

Follow the money, not the slick propaganda.

"Mom and Dad, I'm really worried about pollution destroying my future."

"Don't worry, honey. The new-car smell in our massive new SUV will make you forget all about that little issue."
Pants-of-dog wrote:@Sivad

None of that seems to provide evidence that climate change is a hoax, as you and Trump believe.

The science or lack thereof is what proves it's a hoax and I've gone through all that in some detail on this board. Here I'm demonstrating who's behind the hoax.

It's funny though that you're happy to dismiss skeptical scientists out of hand for indirect secondary connections to the fossil fuel industry but you give the big international institutions like the IPCC a pass even when they're directly founded and funded by the globalist oligarchs. What a fucking joke. :knife:
Sivad wrote:The science or lack thereof is what proves it's a hoax and I've gone through all that in some detail on this board. Here I'm demonstrating who's behind the hoax.

Ah yes, the “I have already provided evidence so I am not going to support my claim” dodge.

It's funny though that you're happy to dismiss skeptical scientists out of hand for indirect secondary connections to the fossil fuel industry but you give the big international institutions like the IPCC a pass even when they're directly founded and funded by the globalist oligarchs. What a fucking joke. :knife:

I do not actually dismiss or uncritically accept any scientists.

I look at the actual science.

Do you gave actual science to support your claim that anthropogenic climate change is a hoax?
So you have no science to support your claim.

If your only rebuttal is that you will not be friends with me, then the discussion as to whether or not climate change is a hoax is over.

But if you want, I can remind you where we left off last time we discussed this.

I had pointed out that it would be impossible to control all the findings of all the climatologists around the world, and you replied that the shadowy cabal behind it was able to control everything by controlling the funding. I then pointed out that the sources of funding are too diverse and many to be controlled by a single group.

You then claimed that all the funding actually came through just a few places which could be controlled.

If you wish to pick up where we left off last time, please show how a small group controls all the funding for all climatologists around the world.
:excited:

Police ban Extinction Rebellion protests from whole of London
City-wide Met police operation begins to clear Trafalgar Square and other protest sites

Damien Gayle

@damiengayle
Mon 14 Oct 2019 23.34 BST Last modified on Tue 15 Oct 2019 00.46 BST
Shares
Police arrest Ellie Chowns, a Green party MEP, while clearing the Extinction Rebellion site at Trafalgar Square on Monday night.

Police have banned Extinction Rebellion protests from continuing anywhere in London, as they moved in almost without warning to clear protesters who remained at the movement’s camp in Trafalgar Square.

The Metropolitan police issued a revised section 14 order on Monday night that said “any assembly linked to the Extinction Rebellion ‘Autumn Uprising’ ... must now cease their protests within London (MPS and City of London Police Areas)” by 9pm.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment ... -of-london

Let us gleefully carry on ruining the environment and forget about this, the new shiny materialistic rubbish will more than suffice before the terrible environmental catastrophes wipe you out..
Extinction Rebellion protests continue in London despite ban

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-50053945

Extinction Rebellion activists are continuing protests despite a London-wide ban by police.

The group says it has taken initial steps towards a judicial review of the ban. Lawyers and politicians have also criticised the move.

Meanwhile, climate change protesters targeted the Department for Transport and MI5 on Tuesday morning.

A government spokeswoman said protests "should not disrupt people's day-to-day lives".

Extinction Rebellion's co-founder, Gail Bradbrook, was arrested after climbing on to the entrance of the Department for Transport on Tuesday morning. Police also cleared further protesters from outside the building.

What does Extinction Rebellion want?
Met 'stretched' by Extinction Rebellion protests
Activists have also been arrested on Millbank outside MI5's headquarters, where a small group had gathered. Two men briefly sat in the middle of the road before being moved by officers.

The Metropolitan Police began clearing protesters from Trafalgar Square on Monday evening following the announcement of new restrictions under Section 14 of the Public Order Act, which required activists to stop their protests in central London by 21:00 BST or risk arrest.

The force said it decided to impose the rules after "continued breaches" of conditions which limited the demonstrations to Trafalgar Square.
If you're going to lecture the rest of us while at the same time causing masses of inconvenience, then yes. Yes you should.

They should stop this do as I say, not as I do malarkey, if they want to be taken seriously.

I believe in man made global warming and I believe governments need to do more about it, but this nonsense is just a bunch of hypocrites enjoying themselves by causing trouble.

They should go to China and lecture the public over there.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

@Tainari88 , if someone enters your house withou[…]

Considering you have the intelligence of an oyste[…]

Liberals and centrists even feel comfortable just[…]

UK study finds young adults taking longer to find […]