Canadian Federal Election - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
BigSteve wrote:No, it's not. Historically, young people and Democrats are the ones who want to expend as little effort as possible. It's sad, really, that America has raised an entire generation of lazy little fucks who are afraid to go to work and earn what they want.

And I'm not certain what you mean by "safety net" services. That sounds like something millennials need when they don't get everything they want...

No man, it has nothing to do with that. It has to do with if you can afford a service or not. Like you make $3k a month in Louisiana, your mortgage is $850 and you add in your utilities and your car insurance and gas to get to the Lucky's supermarket manager job you have everyday and they only give you $1000 bucks coverage a year on dental care and you need a bridge and a crown and the local dentist wants $5k for it and you can't afford it and you decide to drive to Mexico and get the same thing for $400 dollars US. That is what those people who run across the border looking for better safety net services do....medical tourism, avoiding abnormal prescription drug prices, super expensive shit they can't afford in the USA.

It has nothing to do with being a lazy ass who doesn't work. Only people who think their society is perfect and it works for working class folks when it doesn't work-- spout crap of that nature Steve. :D

I don't believe the Democrats are all lazy. Most of them are orderly liberals who work very hard all day so they can be keeping an establishment going that doesn't do a damn thing for regular working people. Same as those assholes in the Republican party. Both of them work hard at NOTHING effective because neither of them want to serve regular people working for a living. They want to serve people giving them a nest egg to play with and to play at being a civil servant and what they truly want to do is live like the corrupt elite in the societies who have sucked their people dry in other nations....

But if you hide your head in the sand long enough.....they will be getting the USA to that status quickly....
BigSteve wrote:Wow, you're really the queen of over-analyzation, aren't you?

And you are the king of wanting simple answers to complex problems. Yeah, the people wanting to move to Canada just are lazy and don't want to work. So they go and have to do a hard job of filling out paperwork, and packing up their possessions and spending money on an international move, and looking for another job and setting up water, electricity and so on in another system they don't know well yet....because they are lazy asses who want everything done for them.

You think with such depth Steve. You amaze me. :lol:

Lol.
Tainari88 wrote:It has nothing to do with being a lazy ass who doesn't work.

It would be naive, at best, to believe that's not a factor...

Only people who think their society is perfect and it works for working class folks when it doesn't work-- spout crap of that nature Steve. :D[/quote

I'm not sure what you're blathering on about.

When I owned my businesses, I owned them so I could earn money; make a living. I didn't own them and run them and sweat at them so someone else could benefit from them. That's EXACTLY what liberals in this country want, though...
Tainari88 wrote:And you are the king of wanting simple answers to complex problems. Yeah, the people wanting to move to Canada just are lazy and don't want to work. So they go and have to do a hard job of filling out paperwork, and packing up their possessions and spending money on an international move, and looking for another job and setting up water, electricity and so on in another system they don't know well yet....because they are lazy asses who want everything done for them.

You think with such depth Steve. You amaze me. :lol:

Lol.

All I did was make a comment regarding something I thought was interesting and you went of the rails.

Admin edit: Rule 2 Violation
BigSteve wrote:All I did was make a comment regarding something I thought was interesting and you went of the rails.

Xanax much?

No, you are not used to a quick response. Blackjack21 types about something like 150wpm. I type very fast too. Not as fast as he does.

All you did? Was make a comment.

No, Steve, you are restricted in being your usual self and nothing you write is about finding something interesting.

It is looking for simplicity when you should realize by now....most human activity aint that simple.

Lol.

I got to walk the dog.

I don't take drugs. I don't drink or smoke or do anything of that nature. I know you have in the past according to what you wrote.

So you are projecting your lifestyle on me.

It has nothing to do with me Steve.

Stick to the facts.

Nationalism doesn't lead to good things if practiced by prejudicial nationalists.

That was my point.
Adios. ;)
Tainari88 wrote:No, you are not used to a quick response. Blackjack21 types about something like 150wpm. I type very fast too. Not as fast as he does.

All you did? Was make a comment.

No, Steve, you are restricted in being your usual self and nothing you write is about finding something interesting.

No, I made a simple comment...

I don't take drugs. I don't drink or smoke or do anything of that nature. I know you have in the past according to what you wrote.

So you are projecting your lifestyle on me.

It has nothing to do with me Steve.

Other than weed, which I can't really smoke anymore, I haven't taken a drug since the Carter administration.

My lifestyle hardly includes drugs...

Nationalism doesn't lead to good things if practiced by prejudicial nationalists.

That was my point.
Adios. ;)

And it had exactly nothing to do with the comment I made...
This country needs to move away from its resource extraction model economy. Especially when it comes to fossil fuels.

Neither of the two main parties have a plan for that.
Finfinder wrote:says the guy living in Bangkok :D
My loyalties lie solely with Canada. I am not trying to become a Thai citizen, and I have already voted in the upcoming election because I have investments in Canada, a home, and I pay my taxes like any other Canadian citizen. Thailand cannot call me into national service, like the USA can do with Scheer.

Scheer has stalled on giving up his citizenship. That much is true, as well.

Your Ad hominem fails of course, because you put zero thought into it.

Also, I don't live in Bangkok.

You live in USA, don't you? Why are you commenting our OUR elections? If you followed your own rules, you and @BigSteve, you'd mind your own fucking business. :D

Edit: I served in the Canadian infantry when I was younger. I am and always will be, Canadian.
Godstud wrote:My loyalties lie solely with Canada. I am not trying to become a Thai citizen, and I have already voted in the upcoming election because I have investments in Canada, a home, and I pay my taxes like any other Canadian citizen. Thailand cannot call me into national service, like the USA can do with Scheer.

Scheer has stalled on giving up his citizenship. That much is true, as well.

Your Ad hominem fails of course, because you put zero thought into it.

Also, I don't live in Bangkok.

You live in USA, don't you? Why are you commenting our OUR elections? If you followed your own rules, you and @BigSteve, you'd mind your own fucking business. :D

I quite like Trudeau as liberals go, he's mildly tolerable..

In fairness, your investment position with the usa is really good isn't it? And your current account and debts are in good order.

Like I say to everyone, your country should try cross cancelling debts with countries it owes money too. You might be able to get it below 0.
Trudeau is OK. I am not as hyped on him as I was in the last election. He's kept some promises and failed to meet expectations in others. He's a better leader, overall, than our last PM, so if he wins it, I don't mind, terribly.

I voted for NDP, under Jagmeet Singh. It's a strategic vote, that mostly had to do with where my home is, and how the district traditionally votes. Liberals almost never even have a chance there, so voting for them in my district would have been a wasted vote.
Interesting, you are from Edmonton right?

I can't find a graph of a breakdown of foreign creditors, but it looks like a trivial issue. You owe it mostly to yourselves which is very good.
From Edmonton originally, but I've moved around a lot. :D

Canada's got debt, but most countries do. It's not unmanageable, however. USA has over twice the debt-load, compared to GDP, than we have.

Note: I think Jagmeet Singh would make a kickass PM.
Last edited by Godstud on 18 Oct 2019 00:45, edited 1 time in total.
You can owe probably 300% GDP if you owe it to yourselces, espesh your domestic central bank. Look at Japan @ 240% GDP, but the FT reckons it's fine - they owe it to their central bank.

You should go on a mass speculate-to-accumulate spending spree, invest in yourselves and let debt go to the EU limits of 60%, then you might be able to pay for ways to reorientate the economy's reliance on natural resources. You are in a strong position to 'hack' capitalism.
Godstud wrote:Trudeau is OK. I am not as hyped on him as I was in the last election. He's kept some promises and failed to meet expectations in others. He's a better leader, overall, than our last PM, so if he wins it, I don't mind, terribly.

I voted for NDP, under Jagmeet Singh. It's a strategic vote, that mostly had to do with where my home is, and how the district traditionally votes. Liberals almost never even have a chance there, so voting for them in my district would have been a wasted vote.

You and I are in the same boat here, my dear. Handsome Justin hasn't been too bad, but this time i'm going Green. I wasn't too pleased with Elizabth Mae's election, but she's won twice, hasn't made a cock- up in a tin hat of it, and we need climate reform now.

And you're right, we have debt of which 4 or 5%is foreign-owned. The balance is held by The Bank of Mom. Still miffed by Harper, though. A Billion bucks for a fake lake for a 3 day economic do in the country with the most fresh water in the world, grrrrr
Godstud wrote:My loyalties lie solely with Canada. I am not trying to become a Thai citizen, and I have already voted in the upcoming election because I have investments in Canada, a home, and I pay my taxes like any other Canadian citizen. Thailand cannot call me into national service, like the USA can do with Scheer.

Actually, the USA can't call him into service.

You should probably educate yourself about the US Selective Service System before you start off on some emotional rant about it...
Please, that was as straight forward and unemotional as it could be. Wrong, maybe, but meh.

How's the tattoo coming
BigSteve wrote:You should probably educate yourself about the US Selective Service System before you start off on some emotional rant about it...
I posted the link. If you chose not to read it, then it's you who is having the "emotional rant", and should "probably educate yourself".

People with conflicting national loyalties shouldn't run for leadership of a country.
Last edited by Godstud on 18 Oct 2019 01:26, edited 1 time in total.
Godstud wrote:I posted the link. If you chose not to read it, then it's you who is having the "emotional rant", and should "probably educate yourself".

I read it.

The simple fact of the matter, though, is the United States isn't going to draft a 40 year old man...

EU is not prepared on nuclear war, but Russia,[…]

It is implausible that the IDF could not or would[…]

Moving on to the next misuse of language that sho[…]

There is no reason to have a state at all unless w[…]