Election 2020 - Page 35 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By Sivad
Finfinder wrote:Then why won't the candidates say how its going to be paid for. Americans want to know much their taxes are going to go up.

Taxes will go up but overall expenses will go down for most americans with healthcare. Who care if taxes go up if you're getting a net savings? The only people who are gonna lose money are those in the upper 20% but those people a) can afford it, and b) need to start paying what they owe regardless.
By Tainari88
It is not about taxes anymore. It is now about a lack of commitment to equality.

That is the problem in a nutshell. The 20% dream hoarders are really non believers in the concept of equal opportunities and equal rights. They don't believe in it. The entire way of structuring the economy is about being unjust and unequal in access to health, housing, education, and job career advancements.

If that continues for a long time? The problems one sees in societies of small extremely rich people and a large underclass with nothing is what will happen in the USA over time.

It is a systemic thing.

If it is not changed? Again. That will happen. And it is already in full swing right now.

I am not interested Sivad in another UK class system. I think that whole thing is not a good system.
By Finfinder
Sivad wrote:Taxes will go up but overall expenses will go down for most americans with healthcare. Who care if taxes go up if you're getting a net savings? The only people who are gonna lose money are those in the upper 20% but those people a) can afford it, and b) need to start paying what they owe regardless.

Americans are not going to fall for that con again. I'm still waiting for the $2000 I was promised from Obamacare. BTW the taxes from the upper 20% won't cover it.
By Sivad
Finfinder wrote:BTW the taxes from the upper 20% won't cover it.

Never said that they would or could. Everybody's taxes are gonna go up but for most of us when you factor in what we pay out of pocket for healthcare we're still gonna end up saving money even with the higher taxes. You'd probably save a shitload of money under medicare for all. You'd get better healthcare for less money. The upper 20% are the only group that's gonna pay more and get less.
By Sivad
Finfinder wrote:Americans are not going to fall for that con again.

Universal healthcare would pass easily if the progressives weren't constantly poisoning social democracy with green austerity, open borders and identitarian bullshit. We'd have a fairly robust social democracy right now if it weren't for the liberal progs spending the last 40 years undermining it.
By Sivad
Finfinder wrote:We haven't even discussed the "Green New Deal" yet, or paying for college and college loans which Warren and Sanders support.

The green new deal is a loser but paying for state college isn't gonna break the bank or anything. If they're talking about paying for private universities and universal loan forgiveness then that's just more poison pill progressivism. I'm pretty sure Warren wants means testing for tuition which is reasonable, Sanders wants universal free college which means working class people get to subsidize Harvard tuition for little rich pricks. :knife:
By Ter
Sorry to barge in here but you are forgetting to include 20 million illegal immigrants into your calculations.
They too should get free and complete health care at no cost to them according to some democrat hopefuls.
By Godstud
Ter wrote:They too should get free and complete health care at no cost to them according to some democrat hopefuls.
All Americans should be working towards that, and healthcare for everyone.

It's not as simple as what you think, about just giving handouts...
What Would Giving Health Care to Undocumented Immigrants Mean?
Nearly every Democrat running for president supports the idea, a sharp change from even a few years ago. Here’s a look at the policy behind the politics.

Many illegal immigrants receive primary care and prescription drugs for a sliding-scale fee at 1,400 federally funded health care centers spread across 11,000 communities. Those centers are required to treat anyone, regardless of ability to pay, and administrators do not ask patients about their citizenship status.

The centers serve some 27 million people, but do not have estimates on how many are undocumented.

Of course, when undocumented immigrants arrive at hospitals for medical emergencies, they will be treated.

On the debate stage last week, Mayor Pete Buttigieg of South Bend, Ind., said that unauthorized immigrants contributed to society by paying property and sales taxes. Although many undocumented workers are paid off the books, others do have taxes withheld by employers and therefore help fund health care programs for which they are ineligible.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/07/03/heal ... -care.html

Only 379 days left until the election! Is the anticipation killing you yet? :D
https://howmanydaystill.com/its/preside ... ction-2021
By BigSteve
Godstud wrote:All Americans should be working towards that, and healthcare for everyone.

Americans should not be "working towards" giving illegal aliens free health care.

Then again, there's not much reason to place any weight on the opinion of a Canadian who lives in Thailand.

Why on earth do you think anyone here gives a shit about your opinion?
By Rancid
Question to those of us that believe Trump will get elected again.

How will this elections results shape up compared to the previous?

1 - Will he will the popular vote this time? If yes, will it be by a higher margin than before?
2 - Will he take a higher margin on the electoral college?

I'm inclined to believe that the answer to 1 will be roughly the same. Maybe a bit better for Trump if there is no recession by the time the elections roll around. Maybe a little worse for Trump if we are in a slow down or recession.
2 - will work about to just about the same.
By jimjam
I sense the start of a ground swell here. Reliable internet sources ( :lol: ) indicate that Ed The Talking Horse now trails Obese Donald by only 6 percentage points …… 53%/47% :eek:
By BigSteve
Rancid wrote:Question to those of us that believe Trump will get elected again.

How will this elections results shape up compared to the previous?

1 - Will he will the popular vote this time? If yes, will it be by a higher margin than before?

Absolutely does not matter...

2 - Will he take a higher margin on the electoral college?

Probably. You've got candidates on the idiot left who want to spend untold trillions of dollars on health care and eliminating student debt to those who have come out in favor of confiscating guns.

The left is fucking doomed...

I'm inclined to believe that the answer to 1 will be roughly the same. Maybe a bit better for Trump if there is no recession by the time the elections roll around. Maybe a little worse for Trump if we are in a slow down or recession.
2 - will work about to just about the same.[/quote]
By Godstud
BigSteve wrote:Why on earth do you think anyone here gives a shit about your opinion?
Why are you commenting here? Your opinion is worth just as much as mine, bullyboy. :lol:

You're on an international forum where people from everywhere comment on things. Many people here(most) are not Americans. If you can't handle that(and I think you get upset at that), stick to your neighbourhood pub where you can discuss simpler things, like whether you should hang balls from the back of your trailer hitch.

If you don't like what I say, ignore it, or don't comment on it. By commenting on it, you are showing that you DO give a shit about my opinion. :D
By Rancid
BigSteve wrote:Absolutely does not matter...

No shit, but it still speaks to general sentiment of the population.

BigSteve wrote:Probably. You've got candidates on the idiot left who want to spend untold trillions of dollars on health care and eliminating student debt to those who have come out in favor of confiscating guns.

You don't think the state of the economy at the time the election could influence things even a little?
By BigSteve
Godstud wrote:Why are you commenting here? Your opinion is worth just as much as mine, bullyboy.

Check the box score, Slick: We're discussing American politics and American politicians, are we not?

You're on an international forum where people from everywhere comment on things. Many people here(most) are not Americans.

Not everyone is worthy...

If you can't handle that(and I think you get upset at that), stick to your neighbourhood pub where you can discuss simpler things, like whether you should hang balls from the back of your trailer hitch.

Nope, no trailer hitch on the Benz, sorry.

I betcha' they're hangin' from the ass end of your tuk-tuk, though...

If you don't like what I say, ignore it, or don't comment on it. By commenting on it, you are showing that you DO give a shit about my opinion. :D

My apologies. I've given you the wrong impression.

I don't give a shit about your opinion.

I enjoy making fun of it.

Hope that clears things up for you...
By BigSteve
Rancid wrote:No shit, but it still speaks to general sentiment of the population.

Well, at least you guys will still have something to whine about if he loses the popular vote...

LOL!

You don't think the state of the economy at the time the election could influence things even a little?

Sure it does. Right now the economy is kickin' along pretty good.

But what will also impact it is the expected state of the economy based on who gets elected. If someone like Sanders or Warren get in, our economy's gonna' be fucked six ways to Sunday...
By Rancid
BigSteve wrote:Well, at least you guys will still have something to whine about if he loses the popular vote...

LOL!

Who's "you guys"? Clearly you are making a mistake with that statement. Anyway, it's actually a good idea for parties to pay attention to the popular vote, as it helps candidates and parties understand where things are for future elections. As well as district drawing.
By Godstud
@BigSteve When I posted, I wasn't actually talking to you, but Ter. He's significantly more interesting and intelligent.

Now that you have informed me that I'm not dealing with a grown up, I'll try to remember not to engage you as such.

Good night. Sweet dreams. Don't let he bed bugs bite.
By Drlee
This is not hard sports fans. The fact is that the UK, which covers everyone for just about everything (by US standards) pays about $5200.00 per year per person. We (the US) spends over $11,000 and we do not cover everyone.

So drop the horse shit and consider. If the US spent $7500.00 per person which could be required because we are more spread out we still would have a savings to SOMEBODY of a good $4K per year.

I am not saying we can sell this program and, because I already have 100% paid US Government health care, I really do not have a dog in the fight. But one thing is certain. If the US went to a single payer system we would save a great deal of money and get much better care in addition.

So the evidence shows that it was almost certainl[…]

Yes, and that conditional statement is not necessa[…]

They're going to bring the debunked "Russiaga[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0pAf3aBt18 How […]