Trump hands over Syria to Turkey then threatens to "totally destroy & obliterate" her economy if... - Page 17 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Anyway, Erdogan is scum but proven terrorists on the kurd side, who terrorize their own people, are deeply evil wrong and sick as proven with evidence; and should be resisted with maximum force.

The Kurds should rise up against all the militias and the turks too and against assad and idiot russia..and the usa.

...just like palestinians should rise up against hamas, fatah and israel. May God be with them all.
Presvias wrote:Anyway, Erdogan is scum but proven terrorists on the kurd side, who terrorize their own people, are deeply evil wrong and sick as proven with evidence; and should be resisted with maximum force.

The Kurds should rise up against all the militias and the turks too and against assad and idiot russia..and the usa.

...just like palestinians should rise up against hamas, fatah and israel. May God be with them all.

But isn't something wrong that they have to be up against so many different entities?

Surely this must mean they are too weak (or what?) to hold on their own, and running against everybody is not a good idea for them?

Isn't it better that some kind of balance of power be there so that fighting and oppression are no longer profitable?
Presvias wrote:
Anyway, Erdogan is scum but proven terrorists on the kurd side, who terrorize their own people, are deeply evil wrong and sick as proven with evidence; and should be resisted with maximum force.

So the Kurds should basically take on the whole world, including their own militias?

That's goofy.

We've been allied with the Kurds for a long time, they did nearly all the actual fighting to push back ISIS.

We didn't need to stick a knife in their back.
Political Interest wrote:Why are Assad and Russia letting Turkey do this?

Turkey is not a friend of either country. Erdogan will go to Damascus if he is allowed to.

So that both of them have a pretext to "go to Ankara"?

Why must it be "Erdogan going to Damascus" and not the other way round?

Unless, of course, I over-interpreted the phrase "Erdogan will go to Damascus".
Of Donald's now famous masterpiece of foreign relations ( “Let’s work out a good deal!” it said. “You don’t want to be responsible for slaughtering thousands of people, and I don’t want to be responsible for destroying the Turkish economy – and I will … Don’t be a tough guy. Don’t be a fool! I will call you later.”) this take: Brad Simpson, an associate professor at the University of Connecticut, tweeted: “I am a historian of US foreign policy. I have read many, many letters from US presidents to foreign leaders, and I have never read a letter from the US president so unhinged, so threatening, so bizarre, so completely lacking in basic etiquette. Trump is deeply, deeply unwell.”
So the Kurds should basically take on the whole world, including their own militias?

That's goofy.

The Kurds have been fighting the world and each other ever since there's been such a thing as a Kurd. Xenophon in his epic story of the ten thousand records his men having to fight Kurdish tribesmen as they marched to the Black Sea.

We've been allied with the Kurds for a long time, they did nearly all the actual fighting to push back ISIS.

No, the Syrian Army and the Russians did nearly all the actual fighting to destroy ISIS. What US Special Forces and their Kurds were doing was engage in a failed attempt to create a ''Kurdistan'' out of that sector of Syria east of the Euphrates, which also happens to have all of Syria's oil and natural gas... The Turkish anti-terrorist operation ended that evil plot against the people of Syria.

We didn't need to stick a knife in their back.

You've got your narrative all wrong, about whom has been betraying whom. Fact is, the Syrian Kurds were offered everything including self-government in order to not betray their country, but some went ahead and joined the US Forces in their illegal occupation of sovereign Syrian territory. Now with the Turks approaching they can't hardly wait for the SAA to rescue them. Another Zionist and American Oligarchy plot foiled again... :lol:
annatar1914 wrote:You've got your narrative all wrong, about whom has been betraying whom. Fact is, the Syrian Kurds were offered everything including self-government in order to not betray their country, but some went ahead and joined the US Forces in their illegal occupation of sovereign Syrian territory. Now with the Turks approaching they can't hardly wait for the SAA to rescue them. Another Zionist and American Oligarchy plot foiled again... :lol:

That's not the point, though. The Kurds needed help fighting ISIS since the Islamists were awash in modern arms. And there is no indication that Assad was willing or able to offer them that help, for example during the siege of Kobane.
Patrickov wrote:
So that both of them have a pretext to "go to Ankara"?

Why must it be "Erdogan going to Damascus" and not the other way round?

Unless, of course, I over-interpreted the phrase "Erdogan will go to Damascus".

So do you think that Putin is going to use Turkey's excesses as a pretext to take action against Erdogan?
Political Interest wrote:Why are Assad and Russia letting Turkey do this?

Turkey is not a friend of either country. Erdogan will go to Damascus if he is allowed to.

The Kurds betrayal of Putin forced him to cut a deal with Turkey. Its important that Putin doesn't just renege on his deal with Turkey the moment he no longer needs them. Its important to establish himself as someone whose word can be relied on.
Atlantis wrote:That's not the point, though. The Kurds needed help fighting ISIS since the Islamists were awash in modern arms. And there is no indication that Assad was willing or able to offer them that help, for example during the siege of Kobane.

No, American Elite perfidy is precisely the point. Because;

1. The US Government covertly armed the Islamists fighting in Syria to begin with, under Obama/Clinton.

2. How do you help treasonous people determined to invite in a foreign country's troops in defiance of international law, from not getting burned by their own stupidity?

3. And who exactly is releasing the Jihadists from their prison camps once the Turks started advancing? The ones who had custody of them, the Kurds?

4. And speaking of ISIS, they're the ones who were managing to survive in the very areas 'controlled' by the Kurds and US Troops... Doesn't seem like very good 'control' to me, does it to you?

No, this whole thing about the Kurds is a fraud, a fiasco, that had to be stopped and the Kurds made to return to be Syrian citizens like they should have been faithful to in the first place.
@annatar1914, do you also blame the Yazidis for accepting foreign and Kurdish help? According to you, should they have let themselves be slaughtered by ISIS? And you didn't reply about what the Kurds should have done about Kobane. Neither Assad nor Putin nor Turkey came to their help there. The Kurds have populated that area long before the Turks even arrived. They are no foreign fighters like ISIS who seek adventure or a sick ideology. They are fighting for their home country. They have nowhere else to go.
@Atlantis , you replied and asked me;

do you also blame the Yazidis for accepting foreign and Kurdish help?

Yazidis are a religious sect composed of Kurdish people, for the most part.

According to you, should they have let themselves be slaughtered by ISIS?

Why are you trying to create a strawman here? Assyrians and other ethnic and religious groups formed militias and fought alongside regular SAA, including some Kurds who didn't join up with the Americans.

And you didn't reply about what the Kurds should have done about Kobane.

Because Kobane isn't ethnically Kurdish, which should be besides the point anyway. Had the Kurds stood fast behind their government, things would have been better all around for them and for Syria as a whole. Why are you seemingly supporting an Ethno-Nationalist State anyway?

Neither Assad nor Putin nor Turkey came to their help there.

Bull. But again, kind of hard to help people who buy into ''protection'' of the United States Elites and try to carve out their own Ethno-State out of the coincidentally richest provinces of Syria in Oil and Natural Gas... Recall that the SAA DID try to recover the area east of the Euphrates well over a year ago and was stopped by the US Military, a naked act of aggression and illegal occupation.

The Kurds have populated that area long before the Turks even arrived.

And? Everybody else has ruled them too, because they can't cohere together as clannish hill-people and semi-nomadic herders

They are no foreign fighters like ISIS who seek adventure or a sick ideology.

There are Kurds in Islamist ranks.

They are fighting for their home country. They have nowhere else to go.

Their ''home country'' is Syria, but they kind of forgot that, so no, they weren't nobly fighting for freedom but a chance to feast on the flesh of their countrymen and carve out a shitty little warlord regime, living it up sucking out Syria's natural resources as their own.
Well put, Atlantis. May I add, even if President Trump decided to remove US forces, this was an invitation for Turkey to engage in ethnic cleansing. He could have give a head's up to European forces and waited to install them, or shipped the Kurds out...anything but facilitating murder
Stormsmith wrote:Well put, Atlantis. May I add, even if President Trump decided to remove US forces, this was an invitation for Turkey to engage in ethnic cleansing. He could have give a head's up to European forces and waited to install them, or shipped the Kurds out...anything but facilitating murder

What a hysterical set of comments. As I write, there is a more or less ceasefire in effect, and the Turks are not and have not been engaged in an ''ethnic cleansing'' of the Kurds or anyone else. And European forces have no business being there either; did the recognized government of the sovereign state of Syria invite them? No, nor the US, so what you're suggesting is a violation of international law. So President Trump isn't ''facilitating murder''. What has been facilitating murder has been the actions of the American establishment, particularly the previous Administration of Obama and Clinton, who both should be before the Hague for war crimes and crimes against peace and crimes against humanity, waging aggressive war against other nations with Islamist mercenaries, and much else besides.

So spare me the pearl-clutching and fake outrage over the failure to transform Syria into an ISIS stronghold, or as consolation prize, a Ethno-Nationalist State created as ''Kurdistan'' to be a permanent headache and ward of the Western world.
It was a smart thing to do.

In a cynical way perhaps that would be so, but there's no need, hence I don't believe that tall tale. Absolute and utter merciless destruction of these inhuman Fascist beasts works far better

That would be the majority of Syrians.

Apparently not, as if that were so, Damascus would be the capital of an Islamist Caliphate by now, judging from the Islamofascists fighting against Assad and the Syrian people :lol:
annatar1914 wrote:In a cynical way perhaps that would be so, but there's no need, hence I don't believe that tall tale. Absolute and utter merciless destruction of these inhuman Fascist beasts works far better

The need was to save his own ass.

annatar1914 wrote:Apparently not, as if that were so, Damascus would be the capital of an Islamist Caliphate by now, judging from the Islamofascists fighting against Assad and the Syrian people :lol:

I want to live in your fairy tale world where everybody's either an "Islamofascist" or an Assad-lover. If Assad was so popular with the Syrian people, he wouldn't need to be a dictator.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

That's the problem though. People in general don'[…]

And if he had been an Israeli citizen, the usual […]

@Scamp Bombing Mexico is the STUPIDIEST idea I[…]

No one is more manly than me. We know there is […]