Nine Americans killed in Mexican highway ambush - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Mexico, in general, is a cesspool of violence.

I do a lot of traveling. I subscribe to a lot of travel blogs and write one myself. I get a lot of "travel" related stuff in my spam folder, and this showed up this morning.

Of the seven most dangerous cities in the world, four of them are in Mexico...

https://www.traveltrivia.com/most-dangerous-cities/
Tainari88 wrote:Lol. If you don't want Trump bashing and all that? I will respect your wishes. Think of questions about drug trafficking problems in Mexico or Puerto Rico you are curious about? And I will explore it with you? Also, if I don't know it? Will look up information that I find eh? But I went at it for months with a Puerto Rican liberal cop from New Jersey that all he did was drug enforcement in New Jersey for 25 years....and he and I posted for months. It was an education on drug enforcement. Interesting.

Im aware of your thoughtsabout him. :D I just think this is the common ground outside politics Trump looks for when forming strong relationship with world leaders. I think this is a grave miscalculation from the American left to not support what Trump is doing at the border.

Do you think the US should commit troops to this issue? I don't think so past putting them on our border because sending US troops to Mexico will only bring cartels retaliation here at home.

Also the big issue in my opinion is the PC police, covering things up every time one of these murders, for instance the Democrats calling MS 13 gang members people. Its the same thing with extremist and religion if we cannot identify them how can we solve this problem?

I honestly don't have answer for PR we can throw money at it but until the corruption is under control what can be done?

Honest question, though I know you may have to hold your nose and answer but isn't president Trump the only politician in America doing anything about all this? Doesn't he align with your ideas at least on these murdering drug cartels more than anybody out there now doing anything at all?
Finfinder wrote:Im aware of your thoughtsabout him. :D I just think this is the common ground outside politics Trump looks for when forming strong relationship with world leaders. I think this is a grave miscalculation from the American left to not support what Trump is doing at the border.

Look, Fin, one thing I don't like about liberals in the USA is that they don't face reality and are always playing identity politics when they should be looking hard at facts and dealing with serving the needs of communities. They don't do that because they are a bunch of politically correct people obsessed with fluff issues and give meaningless platitudes instead of offering proven and real life solutions to serious issues such as drug enforcement. They see it with eyes about how one has to do x because the brown people's self esteem...etc. IT IS COMPLETE BULLSHIT. This is not about brown people or Mexicans eating taquitos at 2pm. It is about crime that has to do with illegal controlled drugs. Many cultures and nations around the world have a lot of different coping mechanisms in dealing with drug related crime. A good government interested in coping with a massive issue like drugs? Needs to study them all and implement what works best from all over the world. Consistently. Not fall into liberal bullshit fluff or conservatives getting their rocks off by saying those dirty Mexicans or Puerto Ricans with their ugly drug culture. It has zero to do with either of one of those stupid belief systems. It is a human problem. All you need to do to drive your this point home is that drug addicts come from every ethnic group and every age group and every known nationality in the world. Drugs and using drugs has been around since the dawn of humankind. When the first hominid walked the Earth and saw a unknown plant and went on a drug binge...and said....oooh, that was trippy. Plants and how humans respond to drugs whether it is alcohol, cocaine, benders, pills, heroine, marijuana or whatever is very very ancient. The Chinese had the Opium Wars, the Americans have drug crimes and the Latin Americans got El Chapo, Pablo Escobar, etc. it is old. How to cope is far more interesting than just being shocked by all the drug related gruesome crimes. Got to have a policy and effective tactics to deal with the problem.

Do you think the US should commit troops to this issue? I don't think so past putting them on our border because sending US troops to Mexico will only bring cartels retaliation here at home.

I think what the USA and Mexico should do is have a very productive meeting about pounding out some policies that are enforceable for both nations. That benefit both countries. With mutual respect and MONEY, and TIME and EFFORTS on both sides. As equal partners in combating it. It will benefit both nations enormously. Once we get into the details of the problems with the drug issues? We can concentrate on the solutions. My favorite part. Why discuss problems and never offer options for solutions eh? I hate that kind of complainer political stance.

Also the big issue in my opinion is the PC police, covering things up every time one of these murders, for instance the Democrats calling MS 13 gang members people. Its the same thing with extremist and religion if we cannot identify them how can we solve this problem?

I already wrote to @blackjack21 about how I feel about these stupid Politically Correct people using language to try to control honest dialogue and air out problems. They should have been put in their place a long time ago. I have always detested those people. What damn difference does it make about some language or vocabulary and letting people talk honestly about problems without worrying about being intimidated and silenced because some idiot person who wants to çhange the history of thought with some liberal fluff bullshit? Not me. Lol.

I honestly don't have answer for PR we can throw money at it but until the corruption is under control what can be done?

That is food for another thread. Puerto Rico doesn't have corrupt cops like Mexico does. They pay badly cops in Puerto Rico but not as badly as they do in Mexico. That is another story. The issue with Puerto Rico is that the lack of real power in the island to enforce the law, pass local laws that benefit the Puerto Rican people, and diversifying the economy and etc in the island is seriously impeded by old obsolete colonial codes that come from USA court systems that have authority over Puerto Rican court systems. Having laws that people locally want but not being able to implement them on the island? Because it conflicts with some bank or some dirty corporation who uses the Caribbean islands to launder their profits and be tax free out of the federal taxation system from the mainland is a big issue Fin. Imagine Maine not having any senators or reps in congress and no Maine voters being able to affect anything in DC ever...and having to BEG for money to even solve basic issues from an incompetent congress? Full of swamp creatures? You will then have local assholes who are colonial yes people just enriching themselves with impunity. Because the mainland doesn't prioritize a damn thing in respect to Puerto Rican concerns due to powerless situations....due to again.....old fashioned colonialism. The USA did not like England or King George taxing the original thirteen colonies and not giving them representation in England did they? It caused issues. These things have repercussions. My remedy of Puerto Rican problems are about responsibility. You got to be responsible for your own society. If you are not allowed to be responsible because some other nation with other priorities is allowed to rule and make decisions that are skewed or inefficient or just plain dumb? Abusive? Or badly thought out? It won't turn out well in the end. All human societies must have working adults making decisions for their own lives, communities and societies. Not being able to pass the buck to other places. Fin, you can't be responsible in a society in which you are not in charge of your own laws, your own economy, your own taxes, your own borders, your own anything. It is run by outsiders and it is not working. To drive this point home you need to read reports from the DEA that deals with the issues of trying to enforce drug trafficking laws in Puerto Rico? It is a study in what is wrong with American modern forms of imperialism. That model doesn't work for today's nations Fin. It is dysfunctional. Period.

Honest question, though I know you may have to hold your nose and answer but isn't president Trump the only politician in America doing anything about all this? Doesn't he align with your ideas at least on these murdering drug cartels more than anybody out there now doing anything at all?

I like AMLO the Mexican president's speech. He is going to mobilize everything in the Mexican arsenal to deal with these killings and is going to consider and might call on Trump and do an international operation to wipe these freaks away. I think international cooperation is vital in the key to getting rid of these freaks. No matter who is in charge. And I am not a Trump fan but if he can go after these pigs and get rid of them forever? He did more to keep Mexico from sending people to the border than any prez before him. Let us see if he keeps his word? Because so far? I did not see the money to stopping that opioid epidemic in Springfield Ohio stopped....he needs to get the money for it. He needs to put money behind drug rehab an dealing with that issue. For sure.
Tainari88 wrote:Mostly because the guns are all illegally obtained mostly by people doing other illegal activities.

Criminals are notorious for not obeying the law.

Tainari88 wrote:You are talking an extreme situation BJ.

We already have the deep state and media trying to effect a coup d'etat.

Tainari88 wrote:Latin America has had civil wars, and revolutions.

We've had both too--just not in my lifetime.

Tainari88 wrote:He is an asshole. He has not spent real money on drug addiction rehab.

He is a law enforcement officer, not a legislator. Congress controls the purse strings, and they spend plenty on other things. Trump's older brother died of alcoholism. He takes it pretty personally and is for all intents and purposes a teetotaler himself. It's probably all the drugs and alcohol that prevent his detractors from being able to take him down.
I could be wrong, but I doubt we will ever hear anything about this in the media even if Mexico does find the drug cartel that alleged did this.

I think the reason is because any bad news about Mexico affecting anything remotely related to America benefits Trump and is very damaging to the pro-illegal immigration crowd.

The story is already going away and the media is trying to spin the story to tie it to guns smuggled out of America. Even if guns smuggled out of America were used to kill this family, it's still only one aspect of a number of huge problems.

Here is the last article that I've been able to find on the story and all it said was that the family was laid to rest.
blackjack21 wrote:Criminals are notorious for not obeying the law.

Si, asi es. The guns in Mexico especially the assault weapons made for military personnel are all made or manufactured in the USA for international arms sales. Something the USA allows to happen. Mexican law says no guns for criminals. Period. No guns for regular joes or janes either. So how do these people get those guns? Illegal gun running from the USA to Mexico. Guns to the South, drugs to the North. Do I sit about and say....don't allow those American terrorist profit mongers to dare to sell guns in Mexico. Keep all the Americans at home....don't let them in....they are into wild west shoot outs and killing people at random because they profit from gun sales selling to drug dealers. Immoral animals. People with a bad bad culture. Horrible culture. That is for stupid racist assholes Blackjack. And it doesn't stop the problem. It is about MONEY and greed. And those two issues are international. I am again an internationalist. You got to stop with the nationalism and thinking only one side is ever going to be able to solve the majority of the world's problems only looking out for their own people. It never really works out that way as the Mormons have demonstrated. Those people were dual citizens. There are a lot of dual citizens in Mexico BJ. I will be one of them soon. In about four years. The Mormons left the USA to practice their freedom of religion. The USA is supposed to be about religious freedom. But apparently there is more religious freedom in Mexico than in the USA for polygamist Mormons. Chihuahua also has a lot of German Mennonites who reside in Mexico. Religious people find Mexico to their liking in many ways. Again, not all societies and those laws are to the liking of all countries. I find studying international relations, international pacts and cooperation very very fascinating. It is a great field of study and related to cultural anthro Relampaguito. It is all about looking for differences as well as common ground in human behavior and cultural patterns.

We already have the deep state and media trying to effect a coup d'etat.

I found Chomsky's Manufacturing Consent a very insightful piece about the distortions of the mass media. I was going to graduate in Journalism BJ. I moved to the states to graduate in journalism. I did not do so and switched because I realized how sellout and corrupt the media in the USA was. I thought also it would eventually fall into fluff news and a lot of entertainment news and manipulated news. It was the natural consequences of what Chomsky wrote about long ago. It did not surprise me.

We've had both too--just not in my lifetime.

It is human behavior...it is kind of cyclical and it comes by when the conditions are ripe for it. What one finds in one human society one can find in another one. It is one species.

He is a law enforcement officer, not a legislator. Congress controls the purse strings, and they spend plenty on other things. Trump's older brother died of alcoholism. He takes it pretty personally and is for all intents and purposes a teetotaler himself. It's probably all the drugs and alcohol that prevent his detractors from being able to take him down.

Yes, Freddy. He was a different personality than Donny. Donny is far more narcississtic and a lot less nice than the alcoholic brother was. I have no doubts that many of those sellouts in both establishment parties are always doing some kind of alcohol and so on.....Susan Rice was talking about getting drunk in Peru....and hardly being able to attend a meeting about the Obama/Trump transition. But to think the Trump team has no skeletons in their closet? No, BJ, I am not that partisan. I know both of them are libertines Senor. De verdad.
Tainari88 wrote:Do I sit about and say....don't allow those American terrorist profit mongers to dare to sell guns in Mexico. Keep all the Americans at home....don't let them in....they are into wild west shoot outs and killing people at random because they profit from gun sales selling to drug dealers. Immoral animals. People with a bad bad culture. Horrible culture. That is for stupid racist assholes Blackjack.

You should listen to @SpecialOlympian. White people are very dangerous.

Tainari88 wrote:You got to stop with the nationalism and thinking only one side is ever going to be able to solve the majority of the world's problems only looking out for their own people.

Nationalists don't believe it is an obligation to take on the world's problems. That's an internationalist's outlook.
blackjack21 wrote:You should listen to @SpecialOlympian. White people are very dangerous.

Well as Rafael Correa (the ex prez of Ecuador famously said), la historia de Europa es la historia del cuchillo--but I would modify that a bit...la historia del mundo con la humanidad muchas veces se trata de la historia del cuchillo. Cuando vamos a madurar como especie eh? Translation: The history of Europe is the history of the knife. Next translation. The history of th eworld in regards to humanity is often about the history of the knife. When will we mature as a species eh? ;)

Nationalists don't believe it is an obligation to take on the world's problems. That's an internationalist's outlook.

The problem is Relampaguito (why aren't you asleep you night owl! Hmmm) that you are here talking about illegal aliens invading your nation. The supposed international problem is in your state, in your county and in your city. International mingling of all sorts, genetic, economic, environmental, legal, physical, and every possible way has been running its course. That is the way the superstructure of modern capitalism is done. It relies on that for its foundation. Whether you agree with it or not.

Another saying in Spanish for you Blackjack....'no se puede tapar el cielo con el dedo'. It means, you can't cover up the sky with a finger....it is too big...and that is how I feel about nationalism Relampaguito. It is too small in perspective to try to keep the sky out...it is a force of nature.

Buenas noches. You night owl. The Spanish word for owl is buho...but in Mexican Spanish they use an Indian word from Nahuatl, which is still spoken. It is Tecolote.

Buenas noches Tecolote! ;)
Pants-of-dog wrote:Maybe you US folks should stop doing so much cocaine.

nice strawman

Canadian politicians seem to love smoking crack. Do they not describe the drug problems in Canada as a "crisis" ? Are you that narrow of a thinker to believe that if no drugs passed to the US people with the penchants to murder infant babies would stop at that?

Then again from the looks of it you should stick to Canada you people have serious drug problems. Did you not know this ?

https://foreignpolicy.com/2019/09/29/ca ... t-like-it/

Canada is facing a national opioid crisis. The growing number of overdoses and deaths caused by opioids, including fentanyl, is a public health emergency. This is a complex health and social issue that needs a response that is comprehensive, collaborative, compassionate and evidence-based.Sep 5, 2019

https://www.canada.ca/en/health-canada/ ... risis.html

Canada ranks second in the world for cocaine use (but feels conflicted about it): Report
https://nationalpost.com/news/canada/ca ... -it-report

Canadians do cocaine and “totally” trust their dealers more than most other countries, according to a giant new report on global drug use.

The Global Drug Survey 2019, led by Dr. Adam Winstock and his team in London, surveyed more than 130,000 people across 36 countries.

Researchers asked 1,960 Canadians how many days they used cocaine in the last 12 months.

Canada had the second-highest median number of days with 10 — which is almost once a month and close to double the global answer of six days a year. Canadians in the study reported using half a gram of cocaine, which matches the average worldwide.

“It’s not a surprise,” said Susan Bondy, an associate professor at the University of Toronto. “We sit high for drug and alcohol use in a lot of these studies.”

Scotland ranked number one for cocaine use at 12 days a year, and Brazil, Italy, Portugal, Denmark and England tied Canada for second place.

But six of 10 Canadians surveyed who do use the drug want to do less, compared with 61 per cent of Italians, the most conflicted populace in the survey on drug use.

Despite being the most expensive drug in the world, the price of cocaine in Canada compared to the rest of the world might make it hard to quit. It costs about $85 per gram here compared to the global average of $120, according to respondents in the report.

Canada ranks third in the world for drunkenness (and 20% know they need help): Report
‘It’s an epidemic’: How inexpensive crystal meth is eclipsing opioids on the Prairies
Canadians’ reputation of respect also popped up in the report. Just under 70 per cent reported “totally” trusting that their dealer wouldn’t be violent or abusive.

But the study also showed more troubling statistics for Canadians’ use of new psychoactive substances (NPS) — barely legal copycat drugs such as party pills and synthetic cannabis.

“NPS vary widely in their risk profile with inconsistent composition and potency often being significant factors in the risks they pose,” the report reads.

“Drugs with a psychedelic effect profile (including LSD imitations) are on the increase while potent novel opioid drugs like acetyl fentanyl and carfentanyl have been responsible for scores of deaths in Canada and these are the ones to watch in future years.”

We sit high for drug and alcohol use in a lot of these studies

The report found 12 per cent of Canadians surveyed used NPS, which was the second highest number and almost three times greater than the global average of 4.3 per cent. Males 25 and under were most likely to use these drugs, which were primarily powders, crystals and pills designed to create hallucinations.
Finfinder wrote:nice strawman

Canadian politicians seem to love smoking crack. Do they not describe the drug problems in Canada as a "crisis" ? Are you that narrow of a thinker to believe that if no drugs passed to the US people with the penchants to murder infant babies would stop at that?

Then again from the looks of it you should stick to Canada you people have serious drug problems. Did you not know this ?

https://foreignpolicy.com/2019/09/29/ca ... t-like-it/

Canada is facing a national opioid crisis. The growing number of overdoses and deaths caused by opioids, including fentanyl, is a public health emergency. This is a complex health and social issue that needs a response that is comprehensive, collaborative, compassionate and evidence-based.Sep 5, 2019

https://www.canada.ca/en/health-canada/ ... risis.html

Canada ranks second in the world for cocaine use (but feels conflicted about it): Report
https://nationalpost.com/news/canada/ca ... -it-report

Canadians do cocaine and “totally” trust their dealers more than most other countries, according to a giant new report on global drug use.

The Global Drug Survey 2019, led by Dr. Adam Winstock and his team in London, surveyed more than 130,000 people across 36 countries.

Researchers asked 1,960 Canadians how many days they used cocaine in the last 12 months.

Canada had the second-highest median number of days with 10 — which is almost once a month and close to double the global answer of six days a year. Canadians in the study reported using half a gram of cocaine, which matches the average worldwide.

“It’s not a surprise,” said Susan Bondy, an associate professor at the University of Toronto. “We sit high for drug and alcohol use in a lot of these studies.”

Scotland ranked number one for cocaine use at 12 days a year, and Brazil, Italy, Portugal, Denmark and England tied Canada for second place.

But six of 10 Canadians surveyed who do use the drug want to do less, compared with 61 per cent of Italians, the most conflicted populace in the survey on drug use.

Despite being the most expensive drug in the world, the price of cocaine in Canada compared to the rest of the world might make it hard to quit. It costs about $85 per gram here compared to the global average of $120, according to respondents in the report.

Canada ranks third in the world for drunkenness (and 20% know they need help): Report
‘It’s an epidemic’: How inexpensive crystal meth is eclipsing opioids on the Prairies
Canadians’ reputation of respect also popped up in the report. Just under 70 per cent reported “totally” trusting that their dealer wouldn’t be violent or abusive.

But the study also showed more troubling statistics for Canadians’ use of new psychoactive substances (NPS) — barely legal copycat drugs such as party pills and synthetic cannabis.

“NPS vary widely in their risk profile with inconsistent composition and potency often being significant factors in the risks they pose,” the report reads.

“Drugs with a psychedelic effect profile (including LSD imitations) are on the increase while potent novel opioid drugs like acetyl fentanyl and carfentanyl have been responsible for scores of deaths in Canada and these are the ones to watch in future years.”

We sit high for drug and alcohol use in a lot of these studies

The report found 12 per cent of Canadians surveyed used NPS, which was the second highest number and almost three times greater than the global average of 4.3 per cent. Males 25 and under were most likely to use these drugs, which were primarily powders, crystals and pills designed to create hallucinations.

Are US citizens getting killed at the Mexican border because of Canada’s opioid crisis? No.

Are they getting killed because of drug cartels using US guns to enforce control over smuggling routes into the USA so that they can sell cocaine to US buyers? Yes.
@Finfinder

So you cannot show how what I said was a strawman.

————————

Again, this violence is due to crime cartels trying to control smuggling routes into the USA. They use them to smuggle cocaine for US customers. They use US guns to kill people.
Pants-of-dog wrote:@Finfinder

So you cannot show how what I said was a strawman.

————————

Again, this violence is due to crime cartels trying to control smuggling routes into the USA. They use them to smuggle cocaine for US customers. They use US guns to kill people.

Can you prove no drugs from Mexico go to Canada one of the largest consumers of Cocaine in the world?
Why does Canada have such a huge drug problem ?

Do you even feel bad for the murdered people women children and babies or are you just trying to get your post count up ? Do you always take the drugs lords and the cartels side of the argument?

None of this changes the fact that she lied. Pr[…]

You might want to look up what 'ideation' means[…]

Supposedly Iran sent information on their attack […]

No, just America. And I am not alone . Althoug[…]