The union of Europe and Russia. - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in Europe's nation states, the E.U. & Russia.

Moderator: PoFo Europe Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum, so please post in English only.
I created a cool video about how Europe and Russia are united.

After seeing the president of Ukrain saying that Nord Stream 2 unacceptable, threatens entire Europe.

Here is the video if you are interested to watch : https://3speak.online/watch?v=clixmoney/ghhqtzna

I really think that the relation between most of powerful countries is good.

Just some people like to see everybody hating Russia and that's why they say things about it.

Do you think that Europe and Russia have good relations ?

Thanks for reading and watching the video.
clixmoney wrote:I created a cool video about how Europe and Russia are united.

After seeing the president of Ukrain saying that Nord Stream 2 unacceptable, threatens entire Europe.

Here is the video if you are interested to watch : https://3speak.online/watch?v=clixmoney/ghhqtzna

I really think that the relation between most of powerful countries is good.

Just some people like to see everybody hating Russia and that's why they say things about it.

Do you think that Europe and Russia have good relations ?

Thanks for reading and watching the video.

Russia and Europe uniting is very unlikely to happen. The world order of things will have to change significantly for that to happen. It is possible under certain circumstances but all of those circumstances are catastrophic for the world at large:

1) Europe changes course significantly. (Abandons Nato and starts full re-militarisation).
2) Collapse of the Russian federation as it is now and its splintering in to different states.
3) Collapse of the United states.

Those 3 events are all really bad for people inside and outside of Europe and Russia.

There is a 4th scenario which is VERY unlikely:

4) Europe, US and Russia reach some kind of an agreement. Russia starts to democratise, builds rule of law, clamps down on corruption and installs a proper seperation of power between judiciary/executive/legislative branches. Europe and US agree on how to split Russian resources exports between each other. (In a sense that not all natural resources go to Europe.) US and Russia agree to move Nato bases to Russian borders from Poland. Russia agrees to work along the US and Europe within Nato framework. Limitations on EU/Russian Navy sizes. And much, much more here.
Why does the video start with what looks like a nuclear missile taking off from its silo? Is that a threat?

Russia can return into the fold of the European family, where it rightly belongs, as soon as it abandons its imperialist ambitions.

And I suggest you be quick about it because once we have transitioned into a green economy, the Russian economy will tank without fossil fuel revenues.
There was a time (~10 years ago) when the idea of Russia joining the EU was in the air. Some laughed at Berlusconi when he mentioned it, but others thought it a logical extrapolation.
Quite a bit of the political order has changed over that time.

If Russia wants to be a major power, then sucking the Chinese teat while maintaining, and developing, their technical know-how looks like a good idea. I suspect it will require hardship for the majority of the their people, but such is the norm for empires.
Russia is a boring modern democracy. Its democratic system is better than what for example the USA has. Sure, overall other countries might be better, but thats not in how the system is organized, but in how low the productivity is.

While Russia is certainly not without interest, especially in their national security, Russia didnt really have many imperialist ambitions since many centuries now. They are already the largest country by area, after all. Thus the last thing they would need is even more area.

In fact they've given up much area and influence since 1989 and look what good it did to them.

The reason why the EU and Russia dont get along is the meddling of the USA, such as enforcing sanctions with riddiculous reasons given. Objectively there is no good reason why the relationship shouldnt be great, and its against the interests of the EU that they are bad.
Negotiator wrote:Russia didnt really have many imperialist ambitions since many centuries now. They are already the largest country by area, after all.

How did it get to be so large without "imperialist ambition" :lol:

Thus the last thing they would need is even more area.

Tell that to people in Ukraine, Moldavia and Georgia ...

The reason why the EU and Russia dont get along is the meddling of the USA,

That is very true. However, unfortunately Eastern Europeans - in particular the Poles - have their role in the continued division of Europe. The EU was far too generous during the East enlargements. Poland should have been made to wait until it sorts out its differences with Russia.
Negotiator wrote:Russia is a boring modern democracy. Its democratic system is better than what for example the USA has. Sure, overall other countries might be better, but thats not in how the system is organized, but in how low the productivity is.

Russia is not a democracy by any means
Atlantis wrote:How did it get to be so large without "imperialist ambition" :lol:

Your ability to read is severly diminished, it seems. :eek:

Zionist Nationalist wrote:Russia is not a democracy by any means

Water is not wet.

Hey, this is fun !
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Are people on this thread actually trying to argu[…]

Isn't oil and electricity bought and sold like ev[…]

@Potemkin I heard this song in the Plaza Grande […]

I (still) have a dream

Even with those millions though. I will not be ab[…]