Ukrainegate - Page 57 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By late
#15049309
Finfinder wrote:
It would be nice if for one time you would actually make an argument. I lied ? How did I lie? What is Trump guilty of? You just make this stuff up and gaslight. The very definition of projection.

My karma what does that even mean?



IOW, you are repeating stuff without understanding it, or telling us your source.

Karma is like fate, not exactly but close enough. Dogma is belief. So your fate is running over your political beliefs.

I explain most things to you a number of times. It rarely sinks in, but at least I've upgraded your vocabulary.
User avatar
By blackjack21
#15049310
late wrote:1) Fiction. Read the oath..

An oath doesn't change your boss. An ambassador represents the head of state, but must swear loyalty to the state. The idea that an ambassador just does whatever the hell they want is absurd.

late wrote:2) While there is no question State had problems, Trump has degraded it to the point where it is a wreck.

Much of the federal government needs restructuring, not unlike what happened in the private economy throughout the 80s and 90s. Much of the federal government is old, static, inflexible, and ineffective as a result of being configured for a world that hasn't existed for 30 years.

late wrote:3) IOW, you were wrong.

Conversations you had with yourself in your head about what I said are exclusive to you. The Senate gets to advise on appointments. They haven't pushed any candidate for the president to nominate--at least not publicly.

late wrote:4) Using a foreign power to help win an election is the primary reason we have impeachment. That was the top concern of the Founding Fathers.

The primary purpose was that the president would be loyal to a foreign power. Trump is not loyal to a foreign power. So by your own reasoning, there is no impeachable offense. The clear interference in 2016 was from Alexandra Chalupa and the Ukrainians for Hillary Clinton, and Christopher Steele of the UK and his Russian sources for Hillary Clinton.

late wrote:5) Comey talking about the investigation is one of the big reasons she lost. That violated JD policy, his action was not approved, and it's plain as day that it would hurt Hillary. You babble.

The 7th floor took over the investigation, which practically never happens. They had to do that to save Hillary from a conclusion that her actions violated the law, which they clearly did. He simply chose to read it to the public, which is typically ultra vires, but very likely because Loretta Lynch didn't want to be seen to be making the decision not to prosecute herself.

late wrote:6) He never does.

So why aren't you or Adam Schiff doing something about that?

late wrote:7) I haven't said a word about Trump's decision to assist Ukraine, or Obama's decision not to. The problem with Trump's move is that if Russia responds aggressively, what do we do then?

Obama's move left Ukraine with the inability to defend itself. Trump's move helped the Ukraine defend itself.
User avatar
By jimjam
#15049314
As two now retired, longtime State Department diplomats, Aaron David Miller and Richard Sokolsky stated on Saturday, “At the very least, Pompeo enabled the smear campaign to go unchallenged, acquiesced in the Giuliani back-channel effort with Ukraine and failed to say a word in defense of Bill Taylor, George Kent or Marie Yovanovitch. These are breathtaking acts of craven political cowardice and beneath the dignity of any secretary of state.”

So it’s now clear that Pompeo had not taken an oath to defend and protect the Constitution. He took an oath to defend and protect Donald J. Trump and Pompeo’s own future political career — above all else — and that’s exactly what he’s been doing.

As for Ambassador Yovanovitch, thank you for your service. You are a credit to our nation and its ideals — everything your boss was not.
User avatar
By Stormsmith
#15049323
I thought all three, Bill Taylor, George Kent, and Marie Yovanovitch, are a credit to America, but Yovanovitch was particularly noteworthy for the way she strode across the grass and into the senate,as brave as one could please, knowing she might yet be a target. But she remained poised, soft-spoken, cogent, and quietly and succinctly told her story without the emotional antics of the likes of Kavanaugh. No wonder the senators applauded her. And i'll bet there are a number of people who refused testify who are feeling a little ashamed of themselves by comparison.
User avatar
By Finfinder
#15049338
late wrote:IOW, you are repeating stuff without understanding it, or telling us your source.

Karma is like fate, not exactly but close enough. Dogma is belief. So your fate is running over your political beliefs.

I explain most things to you a number of times. It rarely sinks in, but at least I've upgraded your vocabulary.


No you just pull stuff out of your backside and then when called on it and you post unintelligible nonsense like this.

Can you answer my previous question? Also you called me a liar... about what? Please explain yourself.
By Hindsite
#15049342
Stormsmith wrote:Several people heard this call

Are we talking about the same alleged cellphone call from Ambassador Sondland and President Trump?

Ambassador’s cellphone call to Trump from Kyiv restaurant was a stunning breach of security, former officials say

“The member of my staff could hear President Trump on the phone” asking U.S. Ambassador to the European Union Gordon Sondland about “the investigations,” Taylor testified, referring to the president’s desire for a probe of the son of Trump’s potential political opponent in 2020, Joe Biden, and the Ukrainian energy company on whose board Hunter Biden once served.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/national ... story.html

So far this alleged call and what was heard is just a rumor with no actual proof that such a call even took place. Wednesday, Ambassador Gordon Sondland is to testify before Congress. So I think it is best to not jump to conclusions until we at least hear his sworn testimony, especially since he is the reported one that made the alleged call from the restaurant to President Trump.
User avatar
By jimjam
#15049349
Stormsmith wrote:I thought all three, Bill Taylor, George Kent, and Marie Yovanovitch, are a credit to America, but Yovanovitch was particularly noteworthy for the way she strode across the grass and into the senate,as brave as one could please, knowing she might yet be a target. But she remained poised, soft-spoken, cogent, and quietly and succinctly told her story without the emotional antics of the likes of Kavanaugh. No wonder the senators applauded her. And i'll bet there are a number of people who refused testify who are feeling a little ashamed of themselves by comparison.

Yovanovitch is way cool …………….. a very brave and inspirational lady. The diametrical opposite of this disgusting piece of jet trash:
Image
By Hindsite
#15049354
Finfinder wrote:It would be nice if for one time you would actually make an argument. I lied ? How did I lie? What is Trump guilty of? You just make this stuff up and gaslight. The very definition of projection.

He reminds me of lying "shifty" Adam Schiff. :lol:

jimjam wrote:As two now retired, longtime State Department diplomats, Aaron David Miller and Richard Sokolsky stated on Saturday...

Two more deep state actors that have no first-hand knowledge of the phone call.

So it’s now clear that Pompeo has taken an oath to defend and protect the Constitution.

As for Ambassador Yovanovitch, she has disgraced herself.
User avatar
By Stormsmith
#15049358
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Well when a guy gets a phone call from someone who is having such a massive meltdowñ, shouting and swearing that the recipient cant hold the phone to his ear, making others (first person) listeners who can and do testify that (1) the caller is President Trump, and (2) they all repeat the same lines, it pretty much confirms the call isn't 'alledged' but rather it's an event.

Or are you now thinking you're a fake news maker? :lol:

Is it going to become difficult to distinguish you from Gordon Sondland? :lol:
By Hindsite
#15049501
Stormsmith wrote::lol: :lol: :lol:

Well when a guy gets a phone call from someone who is having such a massive meltdowñ, shouting and swearing that the recipient cant hold the phone to his ear, making others (first person) listeners who can and do testify that (1) the caller is President Trump, and (2) they all repeat the same lines, it pretty much confirms the call isn't 'alledged' but rather it's an event.

Or are you now thinking you're a fake news maker? :lol:

Like I said before, we should wait for the testimony of Ambassador Gordon Sondland on Wednesday before jumping to those conclusions. It would also be helpful if lying (shifty) Adam Schiff would release the transcripts of all those other witnesses that testified in secret before the first three witnesses were also allowed to testify in public.
User avatar
By Stormsmith
#15049514
I wonder if Gordy's going to reiterate his first version or stick to the to the second? Wouldn't it be embarrassing if he had to invent a third version?
By Atlantis
#15049516
Stormsmith wrote:I wonder if Gordy's going to reiterate his first version or stick to the to the second? Wouldn't it be embarrassing if he had to invent a third version?


I bet that he's the type of guy who'll take embarrassment over prison any time of the day, or night.
User avatar
By jimjam
#15049574
As the special adviser on Europe and Russia for Vice President Mike Pence, Jennifer Williams was one of a handful of national security officials who listened in real time to President Trump’s July 25 telephone call with Volodymyr Zelensky, the president of Ukraine.

Her recollections of that call — based in part on extensive notes she took as the two leaders spoke — have made the veteran Foreign Service officer a key witness in the Democratic-led inquiry into whether Mr. Trump should be impeached for trying to pressure Ukraine to open investigations into his political rivals.

Over the weekend, Mr. Trump lashed out at Ms. Williams — “whoever that is,” he tweeted. Imagine hearing dumb shit like this trumptweet from Dwight D. Eisenhower.
User avatar
By blackjack21
#15049581
jimjam wrote:Over the weekend, Mr. Trump lashed out at Ms. Williams — “whoever that is,” he tweeted. Imagine hearing dumb shit like this trumptweet from Dwight D. Eisenhower.

:roll: He doesn't meet with most of these people. Everyone knows who he is, he doesn't know the overwhelming majority of them. It's pretty common when you have millions of indirect reports.
User avatar
By jimjam
#15049624
I am appalled at the Republican attacks on a decorated soldier. Worse, the attacks are in service of a five-time draft dodger.
User avatar
By jimjam
#15049626
blackjack21 wrote::roll: He doesn't meet with most of these people. Everyone knows who he is, he doesn't know the overwhelming majority of them. It's pretty common when you have millions of indirect reports.

You are a smart boy #21 and, as such, it is remarkable the consistency with which you miss points and beg questions with unrelated observations ……………. back at you bud :roll:
User avatar
By BigSteve
#15049630
jimjam wrote:I am appalled at the Republican attacks on a decorated soldier. Worse, the attacks are in service of a five-time draft dodger.


Well, the decorated soldier you speak of may well have violated Article 88 and 92 of the UCMJ.

This could get interesting...
By late
#15049635
BigSteve wrote:
Well, the decorated soldier you speak of may well have violated Article 88 and 92 of the UCMJ.



Fiction.
User avatar
By BigSteve
#15049636
late wrote:Fiction.


Not at all.

Even if Vindman despised the President, he can't speak disparagingly about Trump as long as he's on active duty. Doing so is a violation of Article 88: Contempt Towards Officials.

The Commander In Chief ordered Vindman to not cooperate with the impeachment process. If Trump gave that order to keep Vindman from disclosing classified information, then Vindman has violated Article 92, Failure To Obey An Order Or Regulation.

Either way, Vindman's career is over...
User avatar
By blackjack21
#15049638
BigSteve wrote:Either way, Vindman's career is over...

In the United States. It sounds like he's been offered the position of secretary of defense for Ukraine. :lol: How these people can question Trump's loyalty to the United States with backgrounds like this is bewildering.
  • 1
  • 55
  • 56
  • 57
  • 58
  • 59
  • 64
The Irishman...

I believe there were rumours that John Wayne wasn'[…]

Big Eyes, Big Lies and Trump

He made a living in real estate then used lies and[…]

The Next UK PM everybody...

https://twitter.com/ScouseGirlMedia/status/1204043[…]

How to become an EU citizen

Don't worry, I know you're incapable of admitting[…]