Election 2020 - Page 47 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By Hindsite
Drlee wrote:I just thought I would help Hindsite make his point.

Praise the Lord indeed.

So why is Nancy Pelosi who claims not to hate because she is catholic not showing love to all of those poor in her San Fancisco home district by giving to them instead of pushing forward toward a hateful impeachment vote?

Pelosi fires back at reporter who asks if she ‘hates’ Trump

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi is bristling over a question about whether she “hates” President Donald Trump.

Pelosi told reporters at her weekly press conference Thursday that as a Catholic, she resents the suggestion that she hates anyone. She fired back at the questioner: “Don’t mess with me when it comes to words like that.”

The reporter asked: “Do you hate the president, Madam Speaker?”

“I don’t hate anybody,” Pelosi responded.

Earlier, Pelosi announced that the House will draft articles of impeachment against Trump over his pressure on Ukraine to investigate Democrats and political rival Joe Biden as Trump was withholding aid to Ukraine.

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politics/w ... ates-trump

Can you help me with making my point here?
By Drlee
Your post does not make any sense at all. Please explain why you are changing the subject to something irrelevant. Is it that you got caught trying to make a religious point when you did not have one to make?

You are backing a president and a party that wants to stop feeding the hungry, healing the sick and caring for the stranger. Godless behavior. You should not do that if you are a Christian. But then there are so many Christians in name only.
By Stormsmith
If I behaved as President Trump does, Dr Lee's post would scare me silly. President Trump however, does not read.

@Hindsite 

Vertually off topic
Last edited by Stormsmith on 09 Dec 2019 04:47, edited 1 time in total.
By jimjam
On Sunday, Trump tweeted: “Kim Jong-un is too smart and has far too much to lose, everything actually, if he acts in a hostile way. North Korea, under the leadership of Kim Jong-un, has tremendous economic potential, but it must denuclearize as promised.”

He was referring to a vague statement issued by the two leaders during their first summit in Singapore in June last year that called for a nuclear-free Korean peninsula without, as usual, describing when or how it would occur.

A senior North Korean official, former nuclear negotiator Kim Yong-chol said Trump’s tweets clearly show that he is an irritated old man “bereft of patience”.

“As [Trump] is such a heedless and erratic old man, the time when we cannot but call him a ‘dotard’ again may come,” he said.

Uh-Oh …… Obese Donald may have to remove the imitation Nobel Peace Prize he had made for his office :lol: . Sounds like the Donald/Kim "love affair" may be floundering. World leaders giggling behind his back and, now, this. What happened to the international "respect" that was going to be showered upon us after Donald's "America Only" policy came upon the world stage :?: .
By Drlee
Do you see why impeachment was so ill advised? With stuff like this everyday all the democrats had to do was sit back and write the commercials. Indeed the news media would have carried water for them for free. It is heartbreaking to many democrats I imagine.
By jimjam
Drlee wrote:Your post does not make any sense at all. Please explain why you are changing the subject to something irrelevant. Is it that you got caught trying to make a religious point when you did not have one to make?

Hindsite is like a mini-Trump. He imitates his comic book hero's tactics to a "T". Whenever cornered by that pesky thing called "truth" he will : change the subject to something entirely unrelated, like let's give Hillary the electric chair, or attack the messenger ……. or, frequently, both. In fact, I have stated here my firm belief that Hindsite is, in fact, The Great Man himself trolling POFO as he sits on his solid gold toilet.
By jimjam
Incumbent presidents almost always benefit from a strong economy, and right now job growth is robust and average hourly earnings are up — but Trump’s poll numbers are not: Instead of enjoying anything close to overwhelming popularity because of the economy, Mr. Trump’s national approval rating has remained low, dropping about two percentage points to 41 percent since the Ukraine story broke.

Yes, it’s the economy, stupid — when you have a president who is not violating his oath to preserve and protect the Constitution. But if you read today’s poll numbers alongside the economy numbers, it turns out that more than a few Americans are saying, “It’s the Constitution, stupid — and unlike you, Mr. Trump, we value some things more than money.”

We care about having a president who does not lie 20 times a day. We care about having a president who does not demean his opponents and mock their physical appearance. We care about having a president who does not take the word of Russia’s president over that of his own intelligence services. We care about having a president who is not caught up in conspiracy theories, which he then makes everyone around him chase. We care about having a president who values our nonpartisan public servants. We care about having a president who wants to be the president of the whole country, not just his base.
By Hindsite
Drlee wrote:Your post does not make any sense at all. Please explain why you are changing the subject to something irrelevant. Is it that you got caught trying to make a religious point when you did not have one to make?

It is not really changing the subject at all, because hatred by Pelosi and the Democrats is relevant to how they will vote in the 2020 election, and because the article states "Pelosi announced that the House will draft articles of impeachment against Trump over his pressure on Ukraine to investigate Democrats and political rival Joe Biden as Trump was withholding aid to Ukraine." The Democrats claim this is Trump's attempt to get Ukraine to interfere in the 2020 election.

Drlee wrote:You are backing a president and a party that wants to stop feeding the hungry, healing the sick and caring for the stranger. Godless behavior. You should not do that if you are a Christian. But then there are so many Christians in name only.

That is not true. President Trump and the GOP are acting in a godly manner by doing what is right for all our people. It is the Democrats, who are lying and obstructing good, which is godless behavior.
By Drlee
Here is something fun.

Trump conservative critics launch PAC to fight reelection
The Associated Press
STEVE PEOPLES
Dec 17th 2019 8:19AM

NEW YORK (AP) — A small group of President Donald Trump's fiercest conservative critics, including the husband of the president's own chief adviser, is launching a super PAC designed to fight Trump's reelection and punish congressional Republicans deemed his “enablers."

The new organization, known as the Lincoln Project, represents a formal step forward for the so-called Never Trump movement, which has been limited largely to social media commentary and cable news attacks through the first three years of Trump's presidency. Organizers report fundraising commitments exceeding $1 million to begin, although they hope to raise and spend much more to fund a months-long advertising campaign in a handful of 2020 battleground states to persuade disaffected Republican voters to break from Trump's GOP.

The mission, as outlined in a website that launched Tuesday coinciding with a New York Times opinion piece, is simple: “Defeat President Trump and Trumpism at the ballot box.”

The group is led by a seven-person advisory council that features some of the GOP's most vocal Trump critics. Most, but not all, have already left the Republican Party to protest Trump's rise.

The principals include former John McCain adviser Steve Schmidt, former Ohio Gov. John Kasich adviser John Weaver, former New Hampshire GOP chair Jennifer Horn, veteran Republican operative Rick Wilson and George Conway, a conservative attorney and husband of Trump's chief counselor Kellyanne Conway.

Here is why this is dangerous for the president. Some of these folks have pretty good credentials with the party. It is harder to dismiss them. They don't need a lot of money to make a splash but starting with over a million dollars is not bad at all.

Trump supporters will, of course, dismiss this as unimportant but it is not. If these people are smart they can play heavily in contested senatorial districts and peel off support with very little money. Right here is AZ for example there is a good opportunity to get a twofer, defeating McSally (a blindly dedicated Trump supporter) and the state which went for him last time. Trump won Arizona by less than 100,000 votes in this bright red state and McSally is behind by about 3% at this point. Though it will be an extremely expensive state and republicans are awash in cash at this point, a few dollars spent telling republican voters that it is OK to not vote for Trump could be a huge deal. And remember that McSally was defeated before and appointed to the Senate which is doing her no favors with many of my fellow conservatives.
By jimjam
With families coming together at the end of one of the most divisive years in recent memory, President Donald Trump‘s campaign has created what is intended to be a gift for supporters who might talk politics with a “snowflake” relative this Christmas.

Trump’s reelection campaign launched a new website Christmas Eve designed to help the president’s backers “win an argument” with liberal friends and family members.

It apparently is not enough that Impeached President Trump and the Republican party has divided America into 2 sides that, basically, hate each other. Now, it seems, the party of "family values" wants to encourage family members to hate each other.

It's a shame that Republicans think that they have to spread hate even to their own relatives and friends. Conservative media has put out so much negativity and lies that it has hurt families. Vulnerable older Americans are especially victimized.

Let's go back to respecting one another, to truth and friendship. I don't think anyone really wants this Trump/Republican/Russian nastiness to keep spoiling their lives.
By BigSteve
jimjam wrote:With families coming together at the end of one of the most divisive years in recent memory, President Donald Trump‘s campaign has created what is intended to be a gift for supporters who might talk politics with a “snowflake” relative this Christmas.

Trump’s reelection campaign launched a new website Christmas Eve designed to help the president’s backers “win an argument” with liberal friends and family members.

It apparently is not enough that Impeached President Trump and the Republican party has divided America into 2 sides that, basically, hate each other. Now, it seems, the party of "family values" wants to encourage family members to hate each other.

It's a shame that Republicans think that they have to spread hate even to their own relatives and friends. Conservative media has put out so much negativity and lies that it has hurt families. Vulnerable older Americans are especially victimized.

Let's go back to respecting one another, to truth and friendship. I don't think anyone really wants this Trump/Republican/Russian nastiness to keep spoiling their lives.

The bitching from the left today is truly a cacophony of whining.

Suggesting that the right is responsible for the divide in this country is ignorant and stupid. One need only look to see how Schiff conducted the impeachment hearings to understand this.

It's equally stupid and ignorant to assume that providing someone information to "win" an argument is encouraging people to "hate" each other. That's just beyond fucking ridiculous. Anyone who's so delicate that they believe this is someone who probably shouldn't be trolling the internet...
By Doug64
late wrote:Hate is Trump's primary weapon. The use of the word 'weapon' is entirely intentional.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racial_views_of_Donald_Trump

You're actually linking to Wikipedia on a political issue? They have no more credibility that the Southern Poverty Law Center, or anyone else that's bought into the MSM(D)'s Leftist bias.
By Pants-of-dog
Doug64 wrote:You're actually linking to Wikipedia on a political issue? They have no more credibility that the Southern Poverty Law Center, or anyone else that's bought into the MSM(D)'s Leftist bias.

The Wikipedia article simply describes factual occurrences of Trump supposedly being racist.

When it comes to Trump’s campaigns, it is a fact that he has made allegedly racist comments in his campaign speeches.

It is also a fact that racism is a significant factor in how he came to power. studies show that a lot of people voted for him because of racism.

If we assume that Trump is smart enough to understand that racism helped him get elected, then we can assume that his campaign racism is intentional.

It is also a fact that there are more racist incidents after Trump does one of his speeches.

So, I do not know if it counts as “using racism as a weapon”, but we can say that Trump likely uses racism intentionally in such a way that it creates a negative impact for visible minorities.
By Doug64
Pants-of-dog wrote:The Wikipedia article simply describes factual occurrences of Trump supposedly being racist.

Note the weasel word, "supposedly." Your use of that word is wise, because a) it's absolutely incredible what the Left can consider to be racist, and b) I haven't seen anyone offer any proof that Trump singles out anyone for special opprobrium due to their race, religion, sex, whatever. The simple truth of the matter is that Trump will sling ad hominem attacks at anyone that opposes him. That can be offered as reason to not vote for him, it certainly plays a part in why I didn't in 2016 and won't in 2020, but its sheer liberality undercuts any argument that he's a racist, sexist, whatever.
By Pants-of-dog
@Doug64

No.

It is logically possible for someone to be rude and insulting as well as racist and sexist.

Simply being rude and disgusting towards everyone does not magically make you not racist.
By Hindsite
Pants-of-dog wrote:@Doug64

No.

It is logically possible for someone to be rude and insulting as well as racist and sexist.

Simply being rude and disgusting towards everyone does not magically make you not racist.

It doesn't magically make you racist either. :lol:

Isn't oil and electricity bought and sold like ev[…]

@Potemkin I heard this song in the Plaza Grande […]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

The "Russian empire" story line is inve[…]

I (still) have a dream

Even with those millions though. I will not be ab[…]