The Next UK PM everybody... - Page 46 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in Europe's nation states, the E.U. & Russia.

Moderator: PoFo Europe Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum, so please post in English only.
Well I must congratulate the Tory-Labour party on a great victory. They have very successfully defended the two party system. Of course the Tories will whine like bitches about the danger of a Corbyn government even though some of them became temporary Labour party members in order to vote for him. And of course Labour will whine like bitches about the dangers of a Johnson majority government.

But the truth is that both parties love the system the way it is. The risk of the other side of the duopoly winning, is an acceptable price to pay for a chance of getting a five year monopoly of power. i shall vote for the Lib Dems, twice actually as I've been given a proxy this time. However the Lib Dem opportunists are only getting their just deserts. They demanded an in and out referendum back in 2007. They also supported the hideous unproportional Alternative Vote and the fascistic 5 year fixed term parliament act.
So, tomorrow is the big day.

I'm voting Labour as it's the best way to keep the Tories out where I live. There's still not much hope, though
My daughter, however, has decided to vote for her Independent candidate, as they are running a fairly close second to the Tory who has been representing her area for the last 500 years or more. In person, by the looks of him.
The other two are voting Labour, and although middle daughter would prefer to vote for the Green Party candidate, they don't have an earthly. I've never known such an important election as this one. Voting tactically could be vital.

It's more important to keep Boris out than anything else.
snapdragon wrote:So, tomorrow is the big day.

I'm voting Labour as it's the best way to keep the Tories out where I live. There's still not much hope, though
My daughter, however, has decided to vote for her Independent candidate, as they are running a fairly close second to the Tory who has been representing her area for the last 500 years or more. In person, by the looks of him.
The other two are voting Labour, and although middle daughter would prefer to vote for the Green Party candidate, they don't have an earthly. I've never known such an important election as this one. Voting tactically could be vital.

It's more important to keep Boris out than anything else.

The chance of Corbyn winning is very slim. Corbyn did the best he could actually. Farange made a tactical sacrifice for his cause. It is respectable of him to do it although I don't like Farange himself. On the other hand Corbyn and Lib Dems didn't reach any kind of compromise. If they did then this would be in the bag. And i don't mean here Lib Dems fully abandoning their campaighn like Farange did. They could do a tactical swap of votes in different regions.

Right now its a very unlikely victory for Corbyn. I mean Lib Dems and Labour do take some new places but Labour looses a lot to the Tories because of the Lib Dem/Labour split vote in some places. This is not overall crucial for Labour but it is Crucial for Tories because they will get a majority because of this. If Lib Dems agreed to split the votes in those places then Tories would have absolutely 0 chance to get a majority. Labour would basically win the same places besides 1 and gain 2 more places. While Lib Dems would get 3-4 more places. It could have made Tory the 2nd largest party after Labour.
Rich wrote:They also supported the hideous unproportional Alternative Vote and the fascistic 5 year fixed term parliament act.

Alternative vote is a lot better than FPTP. Voting against it was stupid even for those supporting PR, because a switch to full PR was more likely to happen with alternative vote in place.
No the Alternative vote would make it more difficult not less for UKIP candidates to get elected. The lack of UKIP MPs has been the great problem of the British political system over the last decade. I want a more diverse parliament where radicals get elected openly under their own banner, rather than through the subversion of giant all things to all people parties. It would also be good if there was representation for Communists, Greens and Sharia Law Muslims.

The Alternative vote might well suit lying two faced Lib Dem hypocrites, they might even get an overall majority under such a system as every-bodies least feared party. But that's exactly the wrong direction to be going in.
I voted for the first time ever this morning. Bet you can't guess who for. It was my first vote ever so I dressed up for the occasion. :excited:

JohnRawls wrote:The chance of Corbyn winning is very slim.

This won't age well. :D
skinster wrote:I voted for the first time ever this morning. Bet you can't guess who for. It was my first vote ever so I dressed up for the occasion. :excited:

This won't age well. :D

I will be happy to be wrong. Bravado aside, I am usually pretty accurate with this. I do get some things wrong but bigger stuff is mostly correct.

Before the election results are out, anything that is not an upright Tory majority is a win for Corbyn.
Last edited by JohnRawls on 12 Dec 2019 22:06, edited 1 time in total.
Its over, the exit polls are pretty accurate. Hopefully its enough to see the back of Corbyn.
snapdragon wrote:First exit poll makes it a Tory walkover. Fuck Corbyn. That stupid, stupid anti semitic wanker.

Its hard to say. I wouldn't blame Corbyn for this. Reality is that without Farange giving up, this would not have happened. The only "Counter-play" was for Corbyn to create an alliance with the Libs Dems in the same direction. This would have created a majority for Labour for 100% percent but I am not sure why they didn't do it. May be Lib Dems didn't want it because of ideological differences. May be Corbyn didn't want it because he thought he can still do it.

The funny thing is that this vote will put UK in a state of perpetual turmoil in/for the next couple of years. Yes, Brexit will have some progress but things are not going to get better because reality is that anti-Brexit and/or pro-Labour block are larger in size compared to Pro-Tory and/or Pro-Brexit force right now. There is going to be much discontent. Discontent breads anger. Anger breads resentment and revanchism so to speak. Next election the Tories will probably be humiliated.

This is not a question of only Brexit anymore. It started as such but it will grow to be much much more in the coming months.
John it's Corbyn's fault.

The general consensus seems to be that people liked what Labour had to say, but they don't trust Jeremy Corbyn.

He wouldn't get off that fence and that was Labour's undoing.

I'm a lifelong Labour supporter, but I'm not a communist, so I don't trust him, either.

As for Boris getting Brexit done. Phooey. There ain't no such thing.

Just more and more arguing for years and years, while the rich get richer and the poor get stuffed.

I was so hoping for a hung Parliament. It really was the best I could hope for.

Course, it ain't over yet, and there could be a massive turnaround, but I don't see it.
Well I must say its a bit sad that Decky is no longer around to share the joy of seeing Boris break the Red Wall.

This is a lie. You're not that stupid or ignorant[…]

Neither is an option too. Neither have your inte[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

@JohnRawls There is no ethnic cleansing going o[…]

They are building a Russian Type nuclear reactor..[…]