The Irishman... - Page 4 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Discuss literary and artistic creations, or post your own poetry, essays etc.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By Tainari88
blackjack21 wrote:Ok. So Trump needs to express himself. He tweets a lot. Would you call Trump creative?

Lol. See? You are saying the Left imitates? You are doing what I did to you? Give you a good nickname. Ah, my family nickname was--Azuquita---little sugar. Because of being sweet and dancing well. My maternal granny gave me that nickname but then my maternal younger auntie shortened it to "Zuqui" Or Suki for short. That is what they call me at home. But "La Fogata"is kind of not correct. That means a bonfire. Or a lot of passion. I only have that kind of passion reserved for one PoFo member. Potemkin. Whom I have met in real life and adore. I think we will wind up lifelong friends forever.

I am lucky in many ways Relampaguito.

You? If you open that heart and start loving and giving and trusting and being inclusive and expansive? You would be a fantastic man Blackjack21. It is up to you though. It is in your hands.

Don't give up on the apple pie and Chevrolet. You centrist! Centrist....hee hee hee. Que barbaridad! :lol: :lol: ;)
By Tainari88
blackjack21 wrote:Ok. So Trump needs to express himself. He tweets a lot. Would you call Trump creative?

You mean like Tainos worrying about too many Anglos moving to Puerto Rico and changing the culture?

Conservatism is preserving wisdom generation after generation. Sometimes overturning that wisdom isn't a good idea. For example, telling people it's a-okay to have anal sex with many people, because we have antibiotics is unwise, especially for people with a scientific background. Yet, liberals had no problem doing that, and it led to 5 times as many people dying from HIV/AIDS over several decades than died in Hitler's concentration camps. By contrast, conservative societies like Muslims haven't had anywhere near the problems with HIV/AIDS compared to liberal societies. Wouldn't you agree?

Trump is quite bombastic. He's very different from me socially. Yet, I find this startling difference immensely entertaining. Right now, it is the political left that is so afraid of Trump winning, that they are trying to impeach him because they fear that they cannot beat him at the ballot box.

Indeed. I'm unconventional, and yet not anti-social. So is Donald Trump. He is certainly eccentric. So do you see the err in trying to paint him as one single thing?

I think you would be surprised.

That's because you are a Latina. It's fun. I can see you getting fired up to write back to me. However, I don't think I can call you El Fuego, because that's masculine. So is picante. Maybe la fogata or la estrella. I will have to think of a nickname for you too.

BJ, I had a reply to each of your posts, but the computer glitched and it is gone. I will make a summary of them now. Sometimes it is good, because it gives you a chance to go a bit deeper.

a) Trump tweets a lot. But it doesn't make him creative. It makes him a man who is unpredictable and it might get him offed or out of office by the deep state. It might not be wise at all for him to be tweeting nonsense shit at 3am.

b) The Tainos and the Caribs were the Indian groups from the Caribbean islands when the first Europeans sailed there in 1492. In Spain it was the end of the Moorish/Roman Catholic religious conquest wars and most of the poorest provinces of Spain were hungry for a way to find a way to employ themselves again. Extremadura, Andalucia, and other regions of the South and Barcelona were all port cities that were incredibly important for continuing trade. In fact I think Spain restricted Spanish trade to the Americas to many Southern port cities like Cadiz and Malaga, and Tenerife. In the Americas the caciques in Borinquen were at the time busy with fishing, hunting and tending their bateys and their canoes, and also they traded with many other Indian civvies and it is fascinating. If the Spaniards who looked for gold and silver in the Americas had spoken Taino well? They would have understood when the Tainos told them that gold was abundant in Meshica....the Valley of Mexico. They did not get there til Hernan made a trip in 1521, quite a while later. No resistance to disease the Taino and Caribs had and they hated slavery and preferred suicide to it. You would understand why if you spent time in those Puerto Rican rivers, beautiful emerald green mountains with no known predators, and abundant fish and shrimp and crops and flowers. It was hard work but there was a lot of leisure time as well. They were very great sailors BJ. They were there from about 3000BC-5000BC....the Aztec capitol of Tenotchitlan wasn't set up by the Aztecs til about 1325. Before it was the series of Mayan civvies that ruled for centuries. Meshica is what that Empire was called. The Spaniards brought back tobacco and it gave lung cancer to many in Europe and still does. The Europeans brought small pox, and venereal diseases and so on.....that wiped out about 80 to 90 percent. The Mexicans had huge concentrations of Indian people and survived the onslaught. Puerto Rico had a small amount and did not in terms of Indian cultures. That is why in Mexico the tortilla survives and in Puerto Rico it did not. No chile, no corn tortillas. That is part of Indian civilization and Mexico had the biggest by far group of Meshicas, Mayans, and many others. But for years everyone thought Puerto Rican Indians were basically nothing genetically. But it is not true. About 65% of Puerto Ricans have matrilineal DNA that is Taino. It paints a pic of Spanish men killing Indian men and having children with the women. The Spanish crown basically prohibited Spanish women from making long journeys that were dangerous to the Americas. They then left single young Spanish men without women from Spain for centuries. So the majority wound up with Indian and African wives. Period. The DNA reflects that too.

b continued) The Anglos don't move to Puerto Rico in huge amounts BJ. Because they get tired of realizing that if you move to Puerto Rico? Spanish is a must. They thought everyone spoke English extremely well. Statistically speaking? Only about 10% do. The rest? Not really. So? The Anglos go to other places like New Zealand, Australia, the UK, and etc. due to their lack of dedication to learning foreign languages and not being able to cope with another set of paradigms and history that is not about their points of view of the world. That is the reality.

c) Wisdom about what? Anal sex? Do you think the government is going to be there every time someone wants some anal sex to prevent it? Whether it be two men or a man and woman who engage in that? The government is going to put cameras in every bedroom in America to find out if anal sex is happening in people's bedrooms? That is the wisdom? What they should do is invest in prevention campaigns and use a condom if you go for that kind of sex? And do prevention stuff. Muslim societies got all kinds of repression. You would be under suspicion. An unmarried man alone and never once walking down the aisle and avoiding apple pies and Chevrolets because the liberals messed up your chances? I love teasing you BJ. If anyone needs it? Eres tu! :lol: ;)

d) The Bombastic Trump is unpredictable and the deep state people might off him or impeach him BJ. His issue is lack of paying attention and being unpredictable. That is deadly in that position. Think about it. Another thing, he is horrible with social graces. Lol. I don't know why you think he is a good anti establishment man....he is just a very narcissistic publicity hound dirtball real estate con man from NYC. Not a great statesman.

e) You said: Indeed. I'm unconventional, and yet not anti-social. So is Donald Trump. He is certainly eccentric. So do you see the err in trying to paint him as one single thing?

All that he is? He is not a person I admire in the least. He is narcissistic, racist, class conscious and not particularly educated, sexist, a man who has very little self discipline or maturity and basically nothing I like about him. He is good at survival and insults....like a bully boy is. But that he is someone I would adore? No.

I am surprised about what Relampaguito?

I told you in my previous post what I think about you. It is up to you to see if you decide to change or not. That is what all of us got to work on in this life. Self change. If you are a responsible man you accept responsibilities for your own life....and you make the necessary changes.

If ever you got the corazon thing down? I think you would be a fantastic man. In every way.... ;)
By BigSteve
Tainari88 wrote:I told you in my previous post what I think about you. It is up to you to see if you decide to change or not.

I've never encountered anyone with such an over-inflated sense of self-worth and ego...

If you are a responsible man you accept responsibilities for your own life....and you make the necessary changes.

That's funny.

This is somewhat unrelated, yet related to what you've just said.

You know, several years ago I wasn't in the best place. I'd lost my wife and was just wandering mentally, emotionally and physically. I was living a life, such as it was, that would've eventually killed me. I knew I needed to change, so I made those changes. I worked my ass off and did it for myself and for my daughter. I decided that, when you've hit rock bottom, your choices of where to go from there are pretty limited. I took responsibility for my life and forced myself to go in the only direction available.

Now that I'm successful, those who trumpet the idea of people taking responsibility for one's own life are the same people who insist I should take some responsibility for others and give to those who won't take responsibility for theirs.

There's one opinion in this life which matters to me, and that's the opinion of my daughter. Anyone else who thinks I should care about theirs is someone who seriously needs to do some self-reassessment...
By Drlee
There's one opinion in this life which matters to me, and that's the opinion of my daughter. Anyone else who thinks I should care about theirs is someone who seriously needs to do some self-reassessment...

Of course this statement is appalling. The odd thing is that you want the rest of us to care deeply about your daughter but you do not want to care about other people's daughters.

My suspicion is that if your daughter should, God forbid, show up at my clinic looking for help you would want me and the other folks there to care a great deal. Or are you going to tell me you are fine if our sole motivation for helping her is money. The thing is that if she shows up in my clinic there will be no money involved at all.

But you say, I will raise here well and she will never be poor, or alone, or mentally ill, or otherwise hurting and without money or even maybe a home. I can confidently say that this would be the feelings of the parents of just about everyone we help.

So you hit rock bottom and badass you were you made it back without the help of anyone? I call bullshit on you. You get help from people all of the time and your daughter, probably even more depending on how old she is.

Now I am perfectly willing to believe that you are the classic sociopath who does not care one whit about others. I see people with ASPD pretty often. You are in numerous, if not good, company.

Some day you will need a doctor. You will hope that some many of my students choose research rather than the far more lucrative medical practice. You may need a clergyman. You may need a kind tow truck driver who stays late to help you even though he does not get overtime.

No. As much as you wish to bluster and have us believe you are an island unto yourself, you are just a weak human like the rest of us.
By BigSteve
Drlee wrote:Of course this statement is appalling.

How is my statement that hers is the only opinion I care about appalling? Does it hurt your fragile feelings to learn that I don't give a fuck about yours? Hey, in the grand scheme of things, you shouldn't give a fuck about mine, either.

I don't give a fuck if you believe what I said or not. You're nothing to me. You're some faceless keyboard warrior who pretends to be all knowing, but you're not.

Again, there's but one opinion I care about, and it ain't yours, hotshot. My daughter's pretty fuckin' successful on her own. She doesn't really need help from Dad, but she knows she'll get it.

The comments you're taking issue with were in response to someone who clearly believes that someone else should change to suit her; to please her. That's apparently a fine idea to you. But, like you, she's nothing more than a faceless keyboard warrior whose opinion is really pretty fucking meaningless.

You know nothing about me. I, however, know plenty you because you always trot it out as though it should be meaningful...
By BigSteve
Drlee wrote:The odd thing is that you want the rest of us to care deeply about your daughter but you do not want to care about other people's daughters.

Show me where, even once, I ever came close to stating that I wanted the rest of you lunatics to care about my daughter.

You can't do it.

Stop making up bullshit...

My suspicion is that if your daughter should, God forbid, show up at my clinic looking for help you would want me and the other folks there to care a great deal. Or are you going to tell me you are fine if our sole motivation for helping her is money. The thing is that if she shows up in my clinic there will be no money involved at all.

There's not a chance in Hell she'd be coming through your doors...

But you say, I will raise here well and she will never be poor, or alone, or mentally ill, or otherwise hurting and without money or even maybe a home. I can confidently say that this would be the feelings of the parents of just about everyone we help.

But how many of them are actually in a position to make it reality?

Most people who visit free clinics don't have a pot to piss in. They want the best for their kids but, sadly, they're not going to be able to provide it to them unless they do the heavy lifting...

So you hit rock bottom and badass you were you made it back without the help of anyone? I call bullshit on you. You get help from people all of the time and your daughter, probably even more depending on how old she is.

You can call bullshit all you want, because I know bullshit is all you've got.

My daughter's 33 years old and quite successful on her own...

Now I am perfectly willing to believe that you are the classic sociopath who does not care one whit about others. I see people with ASPD pretty often. You are in numerous, if not good, company.

Save your bullshit for someone who might believe it...

Some day you will need a doctor. You will hope that some many of my students choose research rather than the far more lucrative medical practice.

I went to the doctor just a couple weeks ago.

What's your point?

You may need a clergyman.

For what?

You may need a kind tow truck driver who stays late to help you even though he does not get overtime.

And that's the guy who gets the $50 tip...

No. As much as you wish to bluster and have us believe you are an island unto yourself, you are just a weak human like the rest of us.

I'm not going to attempt to dissuade you from believing you're weak. If you're saying it, it must be true.

But, believe it or not, there are those of us out there who are perfectly okay with not accepting charity or "free" anything and working for what we want and for what we have. We're not weak. We're strong.

But you wouldn't know strong if you tripped over its awesomeness...
By Drlee
You know BS. You just made a complete fool out of yourself. I will simply leave it to others to comment if comment is even necessary. Suffice it to say I have see a lifetime of tough guys brought low. The only difference between you and I is that I have actually seen it and am not so arrogant as to believe I am immune from adversity, mental illness or just bad luck.

Too bad you will never know the joy of helping people who have no claim to deserve it under your rules.

One observation though. I hope you are an atheist. You are a perfect poster boy for them.
By BigSteve
Drlee wrote:The only difference between you and I is that I have actually seen it and am not so arrogant as to believe I am immune from adversity, mental illness or just bad luck.

I know, far more than you ever will, about adversity and bad luck (my shrink says I'm sane, so I'll take that :D ). I know I'm not immune to it as I've lived through it. And, I wouldn't wish what I went through on anyone.

Too bad you will never know the joy of helping people who have no claim to deserve it under your rules.

Oh, I see. More stupid guessing.

I've helped plenty. "My rules"? Yeah, maybe. See, the thing is that I help the people I want to help, not the people someone else wants me to help. When someone says the people need to take responsibility for their lives, and then insists that others actually assume responsibility for those lives, I lose interest in that conversation.

One observation though. I hope you are an atheist. You are a perfect poster boy for them.

Agnostic, and your comment is stupid...

[KS edit: Rule 2]

It is implausible that the IDF could not or would[…]

Moving on to the next misuse of language that sho[…]

@JohnRawls What if your assumption is wrong??? […]

There is no reason to have a state at all unless w[…]