Why is Trump cyberbullying a 16 year old girl. - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
#15054356
BigSteve wrote:
I know you don't. Or at least you say you don't...



Your question cannot be answered because it's a flawed question.

First, he's tweeting, not "sending her messages". I'm pretty sure he doesn't give a shit if she reads it or not. Second, as far as I've heard it's not "messages" (or, more accurately, "tweets"), but a single instance. Lastly, it's flawed because it presumes that posting an unsolicited tweet equates to bullying, and nothing has been presented to show that's the case.

Learn to ask more intelligent questions...


I've never seen a man defend another man with such intensity.

I bet you're the kind of guy that buys a sports jersey with another man's name on it.
#15054366
Rancid wrote:
I've never seen a man defend another man with such intensity.

I bet you're the kind of guy that buys a sports jersey with another man's name on it.


To be fair, what my Honourable Friend has quoted isn't very intense. I personally find it quite reasonable as an argument.

At least that Gentleman did not use Trump as his avatar outright (someone else does, as we all know).
#15054386
Rancid wrote:I've never seen a man defend another man with such intensity.

I bet you're the kind of guy that buys a sports jersey with another man's name on it.


It's not cyberbullying. The messages are essentially the modern version of "open letters" to Greta. They're not private posts. Greta is nearly a grown woman herself (only 2 years away from what's considered Adulthood in her country). Plus her Parents are there to support her.

Heck he gets shitloads of "Dear Mr President" open letters everyday himself. Some much more nastier than that is.
#15054388
First, he's tweeting, not "sending her messages". I'm pretty sure he doesn't give a shit if she reads it or not.


Bingo. He does not. He is sending these messages to his followers who are generally not smart enough to see what he is really doing to them. Trump is not fooling this young lady but he is fooling the shit out of most rank and file republicans.
#15054389
Drlee wrote:
Bingo. He does not. He is sending these messages to his followers who are generally not smart enough to see what he is really doing to them. Trump is not fooling this young lady but he is fooling the shit out of most rank and file republicans.


Fair enough
#15054407
Drlee wrote:Bingo. He does not. He is sending these messages to his followers who are generally not smart enough to see what he is really doing to them. Trump is not fooling this young lady but he is fooling the shit out of most rank and file republicans.


Well your logic is sound, but I disagree with the "fooling them" comments. Most Republicans know what he's doing, having fun making sarcastic comments. And Greta is quite capable of giving as good as she gets too, just look at her "status" updates. Lol. His fans know he's being a dick, and Greta knows it too(hence her Status update responses).

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019 ... -to-chill/

She has been responding. Lol.

Most "open letters" or "open tweets" aren't really directed at the person they're addressed to. Mostly directed at the supporter base of the person writing it.
#15054412
Rancid wrote:I've never seen a man defend another man with such intensity.

I bet you're the kind of guy that buys a sports jersey with another man's name on it.


Not since Namath in 1969.

I was 7.

I'm just not willing to accept the idiocy that the left say is going on. Let's see some evidence of bullying and then we can talk.

It's not about defending anyone. It's about being fair...
#15054413
Pants-of-dog wrote:None of that was actually relevant.

———————

So you cannot say why he is sending her tweets.

But you “know” it is not bullying because of your feelings.


You're the one insisting it's bullying.

Support that claim...
#15054474
Pants-of-dog wrote:@BigSteve

No. I never claimed that. Read more carefully.


Well, the first post in the thread claims it's cyber-bullying. You haven't asked for an explanation as to why it is cyber-bullying, only as to why it's not. It would be fair, then, to conclude that you agree with what was stated in the first post...

You are the one who is claiming it is not bullying.

However, you cannot describe what it is instead or what the purpose of his message was.


I'm pretty sure the purpose of the tweet was to tell the kid that she should chill out.

Now, if people think that 's bullying, then I think those people are stupid.

Look, I'm not going to crawl down the rabbit hole with you on this one. Everyone here knows that you're going to say that because I can't explain why it's not bullying then there's no reason to believe it isn't, and that's just fuckin' stupid...
Last edited by BigSteve on 16 Dec 2019 14:16, edited 1 time in total.
#15054475
Drlee wrote:Bingo. He does not. He is sending these messages to his followers who are generally not smart enough to see what he is really doing to them. Trump is not fooling this young lady but he is fooling the shit out of most rank and file republicans.


If he's fooling his supporters, what's the ruse?
#15054478
BigSteve wrote:It was the President tweeting that she should chill out.


Yes, we all read his unsolicited message to her. There is no need to repeat it.

I'm not going to crawl down the rabbit hole with you on this one. Everyone here knows that you're going to say that because I can't explain why it's not bullying then there's no reason to believe it isn't, and that's just fuckin' stupid.

Do you think it's bullying?


If it is not bullying, then what is he doing?
#15054479
Pants-of-dog wrote:Yes, we all read his unsolicited message to her. There is no need to repeat it.


The more you read it, the more you're likely to be able to determine that it's not bullying...

If it is not bullying, then what is he doing?


Um... he's tweeting...
#15054489
Pants-of-dog wrote:Since it is possible that someone can bully another through Twitter, the fact that he is Tweeting does not support your claim that he is not bullying.


Depends on the content as well as what it leads to.

Reading the original tweet again, although it might be appropriate to say the tweet is less than polite, it is probably hard to find tweets from the person in concern that is not it. IMHO a continuous repetition of such content make the newer ones less effective, and in this person's case, probably to the point of being laughable.

A tweet stops being a bullying message as long as it causes the poster being ridiculed, instead of posing any threat to the target.

If the poster posts this with full knowledge that it is going to lead to his own ridicule, then he is not bullying. Otherwise, I don't know, but one might have some reservation on that person's intelligence, because objectively the tweet more probably than not leads to the poster's own ridicule.


If his intention is indeed to bully someone then I will think it as a very ineffectual attempt, maybe with very low debate value -- it's probably better to treat it as if it doesn't exist (which IMHO is the best punishment)
Last edited by Patrickov on 16 Dec 2019 15:10, edited 1 time in total.
#15054491
When Trump does his thing like that, his cult responds with death threats and other shit.

Curious thing, Trump is torturing thousands of children by separating them from their parents, and imprisoning them in substandard facilities.

He's a monster.

And here we are, arguing as if the denials by his cult members were part of civilisation.
#15054493
Pants-of-dog wrote:Since it is possible that someone can bully another through Twitter, the fact that he is Tweeting does not support your claim that he is not bullying.


Well, then along those same lines, the claim that it is bullying, as made in the original post, has not been substantiated.

Given that, there's no reason at all for me to demonstrate that it isn't, simply because it's not been shown that it is...
#15054495
late wrote:When Trump does his thing like that, his cult responds with death threats and other shit.

Curious thing, Trump is torturing thousands of children by separating them from their parents, and imprisoning them in substandard facilities.

He's a monster.

And here we are, arguing as if the denials by his cult members were part of civilisation.


A note to the Gentleman who made an argument against the accusation: I think the first sentence by this Honourable Member is a good argument in support of the said accusation. As long as the tweet is responded by a significant number of personal attacks against Thunberg then it is indeed a proof.

Update: Most response I found is as I expected -- rants against Trump instead. Whoever voiced in support of him also received similar treatment.
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 8
Blast in Beirut, Lebanon

@JohnRawls Have you considered that Lebanon an[…]

@BeesKnee5 , The film said that solar panels are […]

Long, but a very good read. The Unraveling of Am[…]

@Crantag , Did you see my reply? If yes, then I[…]