Does marijuana impair hearing? - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Provision of the two UN HDI indicators other than GNP.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
In the late 1970s I sampled marijuana three or four times. After smoking one joint at a neighbor’s apartment, I returned to my unit. After watching TV for about an hour, I realized the volume was very loud and turned it down. In retrospect, I wondered if the temporary effect on my hearing was a common side effect of marijuana.

One downside to such a hearing impairment is that you may fail to correctly perceive the distance of a loud sound, such as a police or fire siren, which should prompt you as a driver to pull over and get out of the way. Marijuana may also inure you to loud music that, in the long run, will result in hearing loss or tinnitus.

While there seems to be no medical studies decisively linking cannabis to hearing loss, there are several police reports that associate marijuana with loud music, e.g. Loud music and marijuana smoke billowing from a car led to the arrest of two city men . . . Police responding to a loud music call at a home in Arcadia on Sunday made a huge marijuana bust . . . Organizers of a large-scale cannabis festival are being investigated by police – for playing their music too loud.

So, if you value peace and quiet, you may want to oppose efforts to expand the cultivation and sale of cannabis.
Robert Urbanek wrote:
So, if you value peace and quiet, you may want to oppose efforts to expand the cultivation and sale of cannabis.

Thanks, that was ridiculous.

I used pot when I was a kid. Stopped for over 30 years, now I use medicinal pot.

There are different types and intensities of being stoned.

Sometimes, when I get really stoned, I would turn off the lights and go to bed. You have so much going on internally that the outside stuff is too much. You got just a taste of that, when you were more sensitive to noise.

You really should not drive when stoned..

Booze is a lot worse than pot. No recreational drug, no drug of any kind, is going to be without a downside. But compared to other recreational drugs, the downsides of pot are quite mild.

It also has medical uses.
Robert Urbanek wrote:So, if you value peace and quiet, you may want to oppose efforts to expand the cultivation and sale of cannabis.

You can enjoy the piece and quiet when you're high AF too.

I feel like my senses are heightened when stoned in a wonderful way.

I dont know if you recall, but la loca MTG at one[…]

How about Russia uses a battle field nuclear we[…]

@Tainari88 , @Godstud @Rich , @Verv , @Po[…]

World War II Day by Day

March 29, Friday Mackenzie King wins Canadian el[…]