500 legal scholars agree, dump the chump.. - Page 4 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
#15053490
late wrote:You say that about everything related to Trump's criminality.

It's not especially persuasive.

Former Watergate prosecutors said it was enough, and you know for what.

But then, they do know what they are talking about, now don't they.


BigSteve wrote:Were they privy to all of the information considered?

I don't believe they were...


Hilarious I remember when the star witness the Democrats called was John Dean. Might as well called James Dean. Dean a convicted felon testified he wasn't a material witness but talked about the president and how his actions were "Watergate " like. Upon questioning Dean revealed he has called/described every president this way. Not to mention he was convicted of obstruction of justice from being at the center of the Watergate cover up, and like in true liberal fashion ala James Comey (will) he sung like bird turning states evidence to save his own ass. :lol: :lol: :lol:
#15053495
Finfinder wrote:
Hilarious I remember when the star witness the Democrats called was John Dean. Might as well called James Dean. Dean a convicted felon testified he wasn't a material witness but talked about the president and how his actions were "Watergate " like. Upon questioning Dean revealed he has called/described every president this way. Not to mention he was convicted of obstruction of justice from being at the center of the Watergate cover up, and like in true liberal fashion ala James Comey (will) he sung like bird turning states evidence to save his own ass.



I have a suggestion to anyone reading that who isn't familiar with Watergate.

Ignore it.
#15053498
late wrote:I have a suggestion to anyone reading that who isn't familiar with Watergate.

Ignore it.


You want people to ignore it because it's accurate...
#15053553
BigSteve wrote:
You want people to ignore it because it's accurate...



" Dean is known for his role in the cover-up of the Watergate scandal and his subsequent testimony to Congress as a witness.[1] His guilty plea to a single felony in exchange for becoming a key witness for the prosecution ultimately resulted in a reduced sentence, which he served at Fort Holabird outside Baltimore, Maryland. After his plea, he was disbarred as an attorney. According to the FBI, Dean was the "master manipulator" of the Watergate affair."

"Might as well called James Dean"?

He became a felon because of Watergate, the implication that he was a felon when he testified is a lie. Not that you guys have anything else to use.

Oh yeah, he actually was a material witness..


https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Dean
#15054911
late wrote:"More than 500 legal scholars have signed on to an open letter asserting that President Trump committed “impeachable conduct” and that lawmakers would be acting well within their rights if they ultimately voted to remove him from office...

“There is overwhelming evidence that President Trump betrayed his oath of office by seeking to use presidential power to pressure a foreign government to help him distort an American election, for his personal and political benefit, at the direct expense of national security interests as determined by Congress,” the group of professors wrote. “His conduct is precisely the type of threat to our democracy that the Founders feared when they included the remedy of impeachment in the Constitution.”

“Put simply, if a President cheats in his effort at re-election, trusting the democratic process to serve as a check through that election is no remedy at all,” the professors wrote. “That is what impeachment is for.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national ... story.html


The problems you face in trying to convince the American people of your contention are growing increasingly numerous and increasingly difficult.

The closer we look, the more evidence shows that your side is wrong.

Our President is great. He is innocent of the fake charges. The effort to impeach him began before he was even sworn in.

It was declared by the Washington Post just NINETEEN MINUTES AFTER HIS INAUGURATION.

The campaign to impeach President Trump has begun

Anti-Trump protesters chant during swearing-in ceremony

By 
Matea Gold 
Enterprise/investigations editor
Jan. 20, 2017 at 9:19 a.m. EST

The effort to impeach President Donald John Trump is already underway.

At the moment the new commander in chief was sworn in, a campaign to build public support for his impeachment went live at ImpeachDonaldTrumpNow.org, spearheaded by two liberal advocacy groups aiming to lay the groundwork for his eventual ejection from the White House.

The organizers behind the campaign, Free Speech for People and RootsAction, are hinging their case on Trump’s insistence on maintaining ownership of his luxury hotel and golf course business while in office. Ethics experts have warned that his financial holdings could potentially lead to constitutional violations and undermine public faith in his decision-making.

Trump Inauguration Live Coverage

Their effort is early, strategists admit. But they insist it is not premature — even if it triggers an angry backlash from those who will argue that they are not giving the new president a chance.


From <https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2017/01/20/the-campaign-to-impeach-president-trump-has-begun/>
#15054932
Bob Alou wrote:
The problems you face in trying to convince the American people of your contention are growing increasingly numerous and increasingly difficult.



according to a recent Fox news poll, 50% support impeachment and removal, 41% oppose.

you have it bass ackwards...
Bill Barr has to go

I use words people will understand. I.E, you l[…]

:knife: no it isn't. According to the world […]

Stay away from crowds! Don't book any tickets f[…]

Too Many White People

Trotsky wrote: The conception that Stalinism an[…]