Julian Assange arrested in London - Page 15 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Stardust wrote:Thanks for the above post Skinster!

:up:

She was criticised widely by the MSM and other politicians, but shouldn't all politicians be prepared for such criticisms..?

Yes, they should. But I could see how Labour are reluctant to speak for Assange's freedom during election season.

On a side note, I saw Abbot on the Central Line today.

With the Conservatives, extradition is almost certain - I say almost, because otherwise could happen, as the result of the global struggles to secure his freedom - whilst with the Labour, resistance to his extradition and securing his freedom is a possibility, I think.

Tories will most def extradite Assange, they've not relented despite the pressure so far. Labour on the other hand, I doubt they would if Corbyn wins.
skinster wrote:Yes, they should. But I could see how Labour are reluctant to speak for Assange's freedom during election season.

:roll:

skinster wrote:On a side note, I saw Abbot on the Central Line today.

That's interesting, did you say hello?

skinster wrote:Tories will most def extradite Assange, they've not relented despite the pressure so far.

On their own accord, yes, but what if the pressures mount to the extent they just cannot be ignored..?

skinster wrote:Labour on the other hand, I doubt they would if Corbyn wins.

Let's see... Jeremy Corbyn has retreated from his initial comment, by announcing that Assange's case is now a matter for the UK courts. It seems they just don't want to be involved.
Stardust wrote::roll:

I know.

That's interesting, did you say hello?

I did not. If I was closer, I would have. She was sat down, observing people on the train. I was standing up away from her, doing the same. Then I got off at the next stop.

On their own accord, yes, but what if the pressures mount to the extent they just cannot be ignored..?

I think that would've happened already.

Let's see... Jeremy Corbyn has retreated from his initial comment, by announcing that Assange's case is now a matter for the UK courts. It seems they just don't want to be involved.

They will be. Patience is a virtue.
skinster wrote:Tories will most def extradite Assange, they've not relented despite the pressure so far. Labour on the other hand, I doubt they would if Corbyn wins.

In the US it started with war hawk authoritarian conservatives wanting to go after him, but after the election, with Wikileaks releasing things against Hillary that could have tipped the balance of the election, it was the war hawk authoritarian wing of the progressives and Trump-haters who wanted his head. (Meanwhile those conservatives had half mellowed out on wanting to get Assange, fading into the shadows and not saying so much)

I think this just goes to show that, in some ways, conservatives and progressives are just two sides of the same coin, and unfortunately there are those in both camps who would want to do stuff like this. It's not just the politicians, it appears to be a facet of human nature, corrupt human nature.

Obviously true Libertarians and true Liberals are against this.
That being said, unfortunately I didn't see any Conservative Libertarians speaking up and trying to defend him. And the Liberals defending him seemed to refuse to recognize that it was members within their own ranks responsible for this.

My personal opinion is that President Trump probably does not really care all that much what happens to Assange, and it gives him no political advantage to speak out what his opinion might be on this. Hard to know what Obama actually thought, but let's not forget under his Administration they went after more whistleblowers than under all previous presidents combined. Hillary probably wanted his had on a platter. And she was the one practically running half the show and directing foreign affairs.

The whole political situation in the US concerning this was/is far messier than most people want to realize.
Of course, the whole political situation in the US concerning this (and most of the major issues of the day) is messy, as you have noted; however it has little to do with the human nature, in comparison to the social realities, and the fact that the two parties you have referred to - the conservatives and the democrats - are not fundamentally different from each other. They both defend the interest of the ruling elites, different factions of it; and neither of them ever out of goodness of heart is concerned about the welfare of the people, including that of the journalists such as Julian Assange.

All they're ever concerned about is their own interests, and the moment they find something that may be, or will work to be against them, they'll do anything it takes to protect themselves from it; be it openly criticise it, conspire against it; or just simply stay away / keep quiet from it.
Thanks for sharing.
It's so considerate of him, David Morgan, to be present there to offer his professional support to Julian. In fact there are a large number of the medical professionals who have joined the movement to defend Assanges's rights, in the past few weeks.
The global movement for his freedom is growing, and that's a good sign!
‘I’m slowly dying here’: ‘Sedated’ Assange tells friend during Christmas Eve call from UK prison as health concerns mount

“Julian was extremely good company over Christmas in 2010,” the journalist said, but the man he talked to on the phone last week sounded like a different person. “I just don’t understand… why he’s in Belmarsh Prison in the first place. He’s a remand prisoner. He’s not a danger to the public."
@colliric
I'm nearly sure there is, although I'm not in touch with anyone there, I see their news / plans for action concerning Julian Assange now and then in this website:
wsws.org

Speaking of which there is a new article there, about the current bush-fires in Australia (actually they have written more than one article about it). Here's the link to the last one:
https://www.wsws.org/en/articles/2020/0 ... i-j10.html

Please do follow up Assange's case, and attend any events you can. It's about much more than our humanitarian duty.
Massive support for Julian Assange in French and German working class

Julian Assange is an Australian citizen abandoned by his own government, who is being prosecuted by the US Government for exposing their war crimes and is currently imprisoned and tortured by the UK Government. However Assange is a truly international resistance figure and his fight is being adopted outside of the working classes of these three countries. Most notably mass support for Julian has developed in the French and German working class.
The importance of out-breeding

DOG BREEDING https://external-content.[…]

So @skinster will indeed on watching rape videos[…]

Who needs a wall? We have all those land mines ju[…]

Puffer Fish, as a senior (and olde) member of this[…]