"He would see this country burn if he could be King of the ashes." - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
#15055479
late wrote:That's a quote from Game of Thrones.

But it fits the Cult of Trump so perfectly, I wanted to bring it here.

This is about old White guys trying to hold onto power, and they're willing to burn the country to ashes to do it.



This is the end result of race gender identity politics which is heavily promoted by the left. The next step after race ID politics is tribalism which is much worse than racism. You sound tribal in your post. There is no need to refer to people according to skin color. This tribalism is worse than racism and generally leads to tribal warfare.
#15055480
late wrote:That's a quote from Game of Thrones.

But it fits the Cult of Trump so perfectly, I wanted to bring it here.

This is about old White guys trying to hold onto power, and they're willing to burn the country to ashes to do it.


More like old white guys trying to seize power...

Image

Image
#15055484
Julian658 wrote:
This is the end result of race gender identity politics which is heavily promoted by the left. The next step after race ID politics is tribalism which is much worse than racism. You sound tribal in your post. There is no need to refer to people according to skin color. This tribalism is worse than racism and generally leads to tribal warfare.



So, first day in America?

Welcome, read some frigging history.
#15055488
late wrote:This is about old White guys trying to hold onto power, and they're willing to burn the country to ashes to do it.

Hrmm... I'm a middle aged white guy. You're an old white guy and so is jimjam. So you're saying you want to hold on to power?

BigSteve wrote:More like old white guys trying to seize power...

I know, right? That's about the weirdest part of these Democratic party debates. Trump won, because Democrats lost white working class voters. It's not like they are going to gain them back with the rhetoric they are spewing this year.

late wrote:A good troll should have verisimilitude.

It does. The topic comes up in the Democratic debates routinely, if you haven't noticed. Why should an old white guy vote for Cory Booker or Jerry Yang? They haven't really made a case to appeal to white blue collar workers. Trump is running rings around them. Hell, even Biden is running rings around them.
#15055490
late wrote:That's a quote from Game of Thrones.

But it fits the Cult of Trump so perfectly, I wanted to bring it here.

This is about old White guys trying to hold onto power, and they're willing to burn the country to ashes to do it.

The Republican identification with Trump is total. Again and again, histrionic Republican congressmen equated hatred of the president with hatred of themselves and hatred of the sacred 63 million who voted for him. The 65 million + who did not vote for Donald are relegated to the waste bin along with Commies and terrorists. They spoke of Trump with an awe and a maudlin devotion bordering on religious; Barry Loudermilk, a Georgia Republican, declared that Trump had been given less due process than Jesus Christ himself.

If Trump is a martyr, who are his persecutors? You could watch the debate with the sound off and understand. All day, Republican speeches delivered by old white men alternated with Democratic speeches from women, people of color and young people. White men make up 90 percent of the Republican caucus and 38 percent of the Democratic one, and the day dramatized the representational gulf in the starkest visual terms.

With the sound on, you could hear fury and self-pity from the Republicans, along with, at times, outrage that Democrats would have the audacity to speak on behalf of American values.
#15055491
late wrote:So, first day in America?

Welcome, read some frigging history.



Grievance politics is a corollary of tribalism. It is futile to perennially live in the past. Tribalism (race identity politics) is not the answer. The solution lies on applying logic to current problems rather than being emotional about a history that cannot be changed.
#15055492
jimjam wrote:The Republican identification with Trump is total. Again and again, histrionic Republican congressmen equated hatred of the president with hatred of themselves and hatred of the sacred 63 million who voted for him. The 65 million + who did not vote for Donald are relegated to the waste bin along with Commies and terrorists. They spoke of Trump with an awe and a maudlin devotion bordering on religious; Barry Loudermilk, a Georgia Republican, declared that Trump had been given less due process than Jesus Christ himself.

If Trump is a martyr, who are his persecutors? You could watch the debate with the sound off and understand. All day, Republican speeches delivered by old white men alternated with Democratic speeches from women, people of color and young people. White men make up 90 percent of the Republican caucus and 38 percent of the Democratic one, and the day dramatized the representational gulf in the starkest visual terms.

With the sound on, you could hear fury and self-pity from the Republicans, along with, at times, outrage that Democrats would have the audacity to speak on behalf of American values.



Here is another poster that is heavy into tribalism. Please leave skin color out of the equation and everything will be fine. The NBA is 90% black and the NFL is 70% black. Does that means there is racism against white players? :knife:
#15055500
Julian658 wrote:
Grievance politics is a corollary of tribalism. It is futile to perennially live in the past. Tribalism (race identity politics) is not the answer. The solution lies on applying logic to current problems rather than being emotional about a history that cannot be changed.



You have half a point.

Sure, it's not the answer. But you can't do a damn thing about it until you win the fight.
#15055501
Julian658 wrote:Here is another poster that is heavy into tribalism. Please leave skin color out of the equation and everything will be fine. The NBA is 90% black and the NFL is 70% black. Does that means there is racism against white players? :knife:

Here is another poster who is heavy into simple things for simple minds. Last time I looked the NBA and NFL were not in the business of making laws of the land and charged with representing ALL of America's citizens not just members of Donald's Billionaires Club and conned simpletons.
#15055504
jimjam wrote:Here is another poster who is heavy into simple things for simple minds. Last time I looked the NBA and NFL were not in the business of making laws of the land and charged with representing ALL of America's citizens not just members of Donald's Billionaires Club and conned simpletons.


You are still tribal. There are plenty of people that look out for the interests of others even though they do not belong to the same tribe. Everything will be fine if we stop playing race identity politics. As of now both sides demonize the other side and cannot see the good that the others can bring to the table.
#15055507
Julian658 wrote:
What fight? Trying to win is tribal! It si the same "us versus them" mindset that leads to tribal warfare. Can you describe what fight you are trying to win?



Actually, there are a number of fights going on right now.

There is the Repuke v Dimcrat fight.

There is the attempt by the rich to hold onto dominance, and the money that comes from that.

There is the old versus young fight.

There is the fury of women scorned that Trump brought down on us.

There is the struggle by Blacks to be treated like human beings, and as citizens.

There's prob more, but you should get the idea by now.

Do you have any idea how politics works???
#15055521
jimjam wrote:Again and again, histrionic Republican congressmen equated hatred of the president with hatred of themselves and hatred of the sacred 63 million who voted for him


That's really no different, though, than every white person who didn't vote for Obama being called a racist...
#15055535
late wrote:Actually, there are a number of fights going on right now.


OK, this is what I expected.

There is the Repuke v Dimcrat fight.


Not long ago Dems and Reps were friends and had drinks together at the local bar. That is all long gone due to Group identity politics and tribalism. How is that working? It turns out both sides have good and bad things and if a conversation without acrimony tribalism could happen a lot of things could get done.

There is the attempt by the rich to hold onto dominance, and the money that comes from that.


The poor will still be poor if we kill all the rich people and take their money. You don't fix poverty by giving fish to the poor. You get rid of poverty by teaching the poor how to fish. Furthermore, poverty is the normal state of most humans throughout history. We should try to figure out what causes wealth rather than poverty.

There is the old versus young fight.


Teen rebellion is often good, but the old guard often has a lot of wisdom that has worked through the ages. This is an extreme tribal position.

There is the fury of women scorned that Trump brought down on us.


My wife is a feminists and she does not live her life according to what Trump said or did not say. Women have made massive gains and are leaving men behind. And yet a segment of feminism complains more than ever. Men are the minority in college, get low grades in high school, kill themselves more often, and lead the world in incarceration and mental hospitals. Over 90% of deaths at work are men.

There is the struggle by Blacks to be treated like human beings, and as citizens.

Blacks are treated like anyone else. However, you cannot eliminate individual racism. No one has the ability to control the mind of racists. Nevertheless, the achievements of blacks continue to go up at a very rapid rate. It only took 53 years from the Rosa parks incident to the election of Obama. That is what I call massive progress!



Do you have any idea how politics works???


It is not about group ID politics or tribalism.

This is not a conspiracy theory. I want a serious[…]

Holes in my Consciousness

Why is it "triple"? Shouldn't it be &qu[…]

Election 2020

Yes, but high IQ has been shown to be one of the […]

No we don't. No, @blackjack21 is right. Every […]