Obese America - Page 8 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Provision of the two UN HDI indicators other than GNP.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By Godstud
That might be why apple cider vinegar works well, @Stormsmith.
By jimjam
Sugar refining has only existed for about 800 years, not 2,000. And refined sugar (like white flour) was mostly the province of the wealthy few until the 20th century. And its consumption has exploded only in the past 30-50 years. (Coinciding with America's obesity epidemic.)

No humans in history have ever eaten as much refined sugar as is now consumed by Americans and many other first world citizens. Ditto processed foods of all kinds.
By Hindsite
jimjam wrote:Sugar refining has only existed for about 800 years, not 2,000. And refined sugar (like white flour) was mostly the province of the wealthy few until the 20th century. And its consumption has exploded only in the past 30-50 years. (Coinciding with America's obesity epidemic.)

No humans in history have ever eaten as much refined sugar as is now consumed by Americans and many other first world citizens. Ditto processed foods of all kinds.

You liberals should make a law against refined sugar.
By jimjam
Hindsite wrote:You liberals should make a law against refined sugar.

Are you obese?

By jimjam
Ultraprocessed foods may well play a large role in our global struggles with obesity, as recently demonstrated by a National Institutes of Health study led by Kevin Hall. The study found that people were eating roughly a meal’s worth of calories more per day when the food they ate was ultraprocessed.
By Hindsite
jimjam wrote:Are you obese?

No, I am not obese. I am just slightly over what is considered my ideal weight. How about you?
By jimjam
Hindsite wrote:No, I am not obese. I am just slightly over what is considered my ideal weight. How about you?

Good for you. My weight is , like you, slightly "over" . I jog 2 miles a day and stop eating if I gain just 1 pound. Obese people display a pathetic lack of self control/respect not to mention are disgusting to look at. Where we are, supermarkets actually provide these tubs of lard with scooters to roll around on. I never cease to be amazed at just how wide the human ass can get.
By MistyTiger
I feel more energetic and happy if I eat organic and home made meals. I eat some processed stuff during holidays or public events though, on occasion. Moderation is important.
@MistyTiger

That's the power of a home cooked meal. I don't eat out very often for this very reason. I also eat Ezekiel bread, plenty of vegetables, ground turkey meat, on rare occassion I eat red meat, brown rice, quinoa, rare occasion I will eat french fries or fried foods. I also eat scrambled egg whites, toasted eziekiel muffins, turkey bacon, drink skim milk and eat Cheerios as well as drink a glass of orange juice. I also make my own home made beef and turkey jerky using my own dehydrator.

Make my own hot wing sauce from scratch and grill up my plenty of chicken and turkey burgers on the grill. I never calorie counted and always ate till I was full and I never felt like I was dieting ever. This is how I lost weight. And I didn't even exercise that much and I don't have a fast metabolism either like some people. People forget the value of not just eating healthy, but also the great value of eating a meal that is healthy and it's a home cooked BOTH.

Those are best for your health and weight. There is all kinds of fun, creative ways to make a great tasting home cooked meal that is healthy. Toasting Ezekiel bread for turkey burgers makes the bread taste really good too. Without toasting the Ezekiel bread it tastes card board but it's still good for you. I have a lost a lot of weight this way, never felt hungry, never calorie counted, didn't exercise much and my energy levels are far far better. it just goes to show how important it is what kind of foods you eat.

You can also make some excellent tasting vegetable soup using ground turkey and various healthy vegetables and barley instead of white macaroni noodles or white egg noodles. Substituting barley for white macaronni elbows or white egg noodles is very healthy and good for you.
By MistyTiger
Politics_Observer wrote:@MistyTiger

That's the power of a home cooked meal. I don't eat out very often for this very reason. I also eat Ezekiel bread, plenty of vegetables, ground turkey meat, on rare occassion I eat red meat, brown rice, quinoa, rare occasion I will eat french fries or fried foods. I also eat scrambled egg whites, toasted eziekiel muffins, turkey bacon, drink skim milk and eat Cheerios as well as drink a glass of orange juice. I also make my own home made beef and turkey jerky using my own dehydrator.

Make my own hot wing sauce from scratch and grill up my plenty of chicken and turkey burgers on the grill. I never calorie counted and always ate till I was full and I never felt like I was dieting ever. This is how I lost weight. And I didn't even exercise that much and I don't have a fast metabolism either like some people. People forget the value of not just eating healthy, but also the great value of eating a meal that is healthy and it's a home cooked BOTH.

Those are best for your health and weight. There is all kinds of fun, creative ways to make a great tasting home cooked meal that is healthy. Toasting Ezekiel bread for turkey burgers makes the bread taste really good too. Without toasting the Ezekiel bread it tastes card board but it's still good for you. I have a lost a lot of weight this way, never felt hungry, never calorie counted, didn't exercise much and my energy levels are far far better. it just goes to show how important it is what kind of foods you eat.

You can also make some excellent tasting vegetable soup using ground turkey and various healthy vegetables and barley instead of white macaroni noodles or white egg noodles. Substituting barley for white macaronni elbows or white egg noodles is very healthy and good for you.

I heard about ezekiel bread. I have not tried it. I eat the brand from Aldi. I like their bagels too. And I enjoy eating natural peanut butter. I only counted calories for a college nutrition class and hated doing it. I passed the class thankfully.

Running hard most days really helped me lose 23 pounds in 2018. I was amazed. Any weight bearing exercise works for me. I needed more than just eating healthy. I am aiming for 2 miles a day.

I could still lose 20 more pounds and I will work towards that in 2020. I feel great with what I am doing. It works and I will not change it, just tweak a little.

I can add in more reps for pushups, planks and squats. Core strength is key for me. I need good posture, a strong back and I just feel better.
By Hindsite
jimjam wrote:Good for you. My weight is , like you, slightly "over" . I jog 2 miles a day and stop eating if I gain just 1 pound. Obese people display a pathetic lack of self control/respect not to mention are disgusting to look at. Where we are, supermarkets actually provide these tubs of lard with scooters to roll around on. I never cease to be amazed at just how wide the human ass can get.

Those scooters are actually supposed to be for the handicapped, but I have seen children riding on them while their irresponsible parents shopped and did nothing to discipline their child. Maybe that is the way they become obese.
@MistyTiger

Here is a source on Ezekiel bread and why it's a healthier option than 100% whole wheat bread:

University of California Santa Barbra Nutrition Blog wrote:To begin my analysis of Ezekiel bread vs. 100% whole wheat bread, I started by comparing the Ezekiel bread to a generic 100% whole wheat bread option. Based on just the nutrition facts label the Ezekiel bread has less calories, less total fat, a lot less sodium, less sugar and it has more dietary fiber. All in all the Ezekiel bread looks to be better option than a 100% whole wheat bread I compared it against. Of course I am only comparing the Ezekiel against one 100% whole wheat bread option. There are lots of options available on the market so doing a simple nutrition fact label comparison can help you determine which product is better.

(University of California Santa Barbra, 2014)

Here are some of the benefits of eating Ezekiel Bread:

Old Ways Whole Grains Council wrote:Sprouting grains increases many of the grains’ key nutrients, including B vitamins, vitamin C, folate, fiber, and essential amino acids often lacking in grains, such as lysine. Sprouted grains may also be less allergenic to those with grain protein sensitivities.

The pace of research is quickening, with studies documenting a wide range of health benefits for different sprouted grains. Here are just a few:

Sprouted brown rice fights diabetes.

Sprouted buckwheat protects against fatty liver disease.

Cardiovascular risk reduced by sprouted brown rice.

Sprouted brown rice decreases depression and fatigue in nursing mothers.

Decreased blood pressure linked to sprouted barley.

(Old Ways Whole Grain Council, n.d.)

Here is a website to the Ezekiel Bread I am referring to:

https://www.foodforlife.com/about_us/ezekiel-49

The bread tastes like cardboard except when you toast it. Then it actually tastes good when you toast and butter it. For cold meat sandwiches, I would lightly toast the bread and use it to make the sandwiches. For scrambled egg white turkey sandwiches you can toast it more and they also have muffin options which I use for my scrambled egg white turkey sausage breakfast sandwiches. Toasting this bread or it's muffin equivalent makes it taste much better. I do have to say that eating healthy has most certainly increased my energy levels.

References-

University of California Santa Barbra. (2014, January 10). The Benefits of Ezekiel Bread | UCSB Housing, Dining & Auxiliary Enterprises. Retrieved January 5, 2020, from https://www.housing.ucsb.edu/dining/nut ... kiel-bread

Old Ways Whole Grain Council. (n.d.). Sprouted Whole Grains. Retrieved January 5, 2020, from https://wholegrainscouncil.org/whole-gr ... ole-grains
@MistyTiger

You will find Ezekiel bread in the freezer section of your grocery store. Keep the bread in the refrigerator so that it doesn't mold. This bread has a lot of healthy nutrients so it will mold much more quickly than white bread given that white bread doesn't have nutrients.

It is implausible that the IDF could not or would[…]

Moving on to the next misuse of language that sho[…]

@JohnRawls What if your assumption is wrong??? […]

There is no reason to have a state at all unless w[…]