Harry and Megan's break-up with Her Majesty..... - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Godstud wrote:It's a real tragedy. I found this, where people with similar views express their feelings about it.

The funny thing is you don't ever seem to get people in Thailand posting videos like this about the Thai Royal family. Even funnier you don't even seem to get videos like this about the Thai Royal Family, by westerners who live in Thailand.
You're confused, @Rich. That much is apparent.

Thailand and England are two completely different countries, with very different histories and cultures. Educate yourself a bit before making such monumentally stupid statements.

Defamation of character, even in jest can be very serious in Thailand, as they take the idea of "face", to be a very real thing. Even mocking someone on Facebook(I am talking an ordinary citizen, here) can result in legal charges, and I am not talking about insulting the monarchy, either. It's funny, unless you don't understand anything about their culture, which is obvious.

Stop making such ignorant comments, based on some fantasy that everything is the same everywhere, and therefor comparable in the same way. I know you're smarter than that.
Donald wrote:Canada is probably the perfect place for H&M to headquarter their brand.

Markle has just signed a new Disney contract. She needs to live in Canada to commute to California and keep her Hollywood job, which is an obvious reason for Megxit. Markle was not ready to say goodbye to Hollywood for good. Moreover, her fake British accent made a bad impression on Britons for being snobbish. To be likable enough, she should have kept her natural American accent when she spoke to the British media.

Meghan Markle has a voiceover deal on an unspecified Disney project in return for a donation to an elephant charity.

The deal, which will benefit the conservation charity Elephants Without Borders, was signed before the recent uproar over Markle and husband Prince Harry’s plans to disengage from the Royal Family and pursue other opportunities. The Times of London reported the deal.
It's not her accent that's the problem, it's the crap she's saying with it, if you see what I mean.

I'll be glad when they've sorted something out, but I'm not naïve enough to believe that will be the end of it.

Meghan is the gift that goes on giving, I'm afraid.
I honestly don't know why this is such a thing.

Okay, I guess if your Grandmother is the Queen and your Dad's going to be King, it could be a pretty sweet ride if you hang around. But Harry's never going to be King.

Ever.

He'll get to watch his brother, his two nephews and his niece ascend to the throne before he does, and that's only if Will and Kate have no more kids and never become grandparents themselves. Harry's fucked. He'll forever be a wannabe. That's what you get for being born second.

Hell, if they want to leave the life of royalty that's entirely up to them. Honestly, I think it's admirable that they're choosing to not ride on the coattails of the family. If they wanna' make their own way, I wish them luck...
Istanbuller wrote:British Royal Family has already assets and money worth of $ 88 billion. They can't make anything close this as a financially independent couple.

Are you suggesting that someone needs access to an $88 million fortune in order to be financially independent?
For those who do not comprehend what is going on here I will try to explain it as best as I can.

Royalty means Public Office, it means that Harry & Meghan and William & Kate and everyone are prohibited from speaking to the press on their own accord. If they want to speak to the press or make public announcements they have to take permission from the Royal Palace and the Government of the UK. That means that they lack a lot of freedoms which other people take for granted. This issue has forced several Royals either into obscurity where from the shadows they try to steal a bit of independence or into total abdication in which case they lose everything including most of the times even the right to live in the country. The reason for this is quite self-evident and quite rational, this way they cannot affect politics at their own whims, if suppose a foreign government buys them out they lack the platform to become traitors because they have abdicated and are henceforth personae-non-grata in the United Kingdom. This goes for any public office actually.

Now Harry & Meghan have not abdicated but want to have their cake and eat it too. They want to remain the Duke and Duchess of Sussex(they have even trademarked "Sussex Royals" from which brand they hope to operate as a corporation) without operating within the state structure of the United Kingdom, they want to maintain the platform to speak for their Duchy, for "their country", they want to keep taking British public money from the public purse, but they also want to be independent from the government of the country to strike deals with foreign governments and corporations while maintaining all their privileges but none of the duties of their Public Office.

This can only be described as an open betrayal against the State of the UK(in normal circumstances they would be tried as traitors), the government, the House of Commons as well as the Queen. And the worst of all is that they are sly traitors, they are playing the media in a way in which they appear to be the victims when in fact their actions can only be described as extreme terrorism. They are playing the media pretending to be "progressive modernisers"(unashamedly using this expression openly) who just want their peace of mind so that they drive this country into a corner from which they can blackmail the entire country to acquiesce to their demands.

Now some people in here have said that people are against Meghan cause she's Black, well while that may be true for certain ignoramuses, I personally mocked these racists in here during their wedding when that racism was a bit obvious but I will certainly not keep mum cause this lady is half-Black. Being half-Black does not entitle anyone to behave and operate in this manner. But if she is the bitch, he is the idiot.

If they want to fuck off, nothing and nobody stops them, like many others have fucked off before them but they lose it all and do not get to choose what they keep.
colliric wrote:https://www.news.com.au/entertainment/celebrity-life/royals/buckingham-palaces-blunt-response-to-harry-and-meghans-bombshell/news-story/b9e2d156873faf84c3c4794496319d31

https://www.news.com.au/entertainment/c ... bc6b6599ea

Lol.... It's like Harry was upset with Prince Andrew taking all the "Royal Scandal" spotlight for a few weeks or so and wanted to upstage him.

What a Farce....

.....and I'm still a hardcore Australian Monarchist. Still hate the idea of being a republic.

BigSteve wrote:
Are you suggesting that someone needs access to an $88 million fortune in order to be financially independent?
The concept of financially independent is a bit different. It means the person's assets themselves can generate an income which covers the person's necessary and (potential) emergency expenditure.

As such, while most could do it with far less than $88m, it might not be the case for the Sussex family.
noemon wrote:This can only be described as an open betrayal against the State of the UK(in normal circumstances they would be tried as traitors), the government, the House of Commons as well as the Queen.

And the worst of all is that they are sly traitors, they are playing the media in a way in which they appear to be the victims when in fact their actions can only be described as extreme terrorism.

They are playing the media pretending to be "progressive modernisers"(unashamedly using this expression openly) who just want their peace of mind so that they drive this country into a corner from which they can blackmail the entire country to acquiesce to their demands.

I appreciate your commentary, as I'm not really up to speed on all things "royal", but don't you think you're being just a tad dramatic?

I'm particularly interested in the whole "trying them as traitors" thing. You said it would happen under "normal circumstances". Why not now? What would be considered "normal circumstances"?
noemon wrote:
For those who do not comprehend what is going on here I will try to explain it as best as I can.

Royalty means Public Office, it means that Harry & Meghan and William & Kate and everyone are prohibited from speaking to the press on their own accord. If they want to speak to the press or make public announcements they have to take permission from the Royal Palace and the Government of the UK. That means that they lack a lot of freedoms which other people take for granted. This issue has forced several Royals either into obscurity where from the shadows they try to steal a bit of independence or into total abdication in which case they lose everything including most of the times even the right to live in the country. The reason for this is quite self-evident and quite rational, this way they cannot affect politics at their own whims, if suppose a foreign government buys them out they lack the platform to become traitors because they have abdicated and are henceforth personae-non-grata in the United Kingdom. This goes for any public office actually.

Now Harry & Meghan have not abdicated but want to have their cake and eat it too. They want to remain the Duke and Duchess of Sussex(they have even trademarked "Sussex Royals" from which brand they hope to operate as a corporation) without operating within the state structure of the United Kingdom, they want to maintain the platform to speak for their Duchy, for "their country", they want to keep taking British public money from the public purse, but they also want to be independent from the government of the country to strike deals with foreign governments and corporations while maintaining all their privileges but none of the duties of their Public Office.

This can only be described as an open betrayal against the State of the UK(in normal circumstances they would be tried as traitors), the government, the House of Commons as well as the Queen. And the worst of all is that they are sly traitors, they are playing the media in a way in which they appear to be the victims when in fact their actions can only be described as extreme terrorism. They are playing the media pretending to be "progressive modernisers"(unashamedly using this expression openly) who just want their peace of mind so that they drive this country into a corner from which they can blackmail the entire country to acquiesce to their demands.

Now some people in here have said that people are against Meghan cause she's Black, well while that may be true for certain ignoramuses, I personally mocked these racists in here during their wedding when that racism was a bit obvious but I will certainly not keep mum cause this lady is half-Black. Being half-Black does not entitle anyone to behave and operate in this manner. But if she is the bitch, he is the idiot.

If they want to fuck off, nothing and nobody stops them, like many others have fucked off before them but they lose it all and do not get to choose what they keep.

Royalty belongs to an era long gone. Bit like having a horse as your daily commuter. The Queen has done an admirable job at saving the institution, but look at your history. What I will describe as an awkward fit in a modern era will likely become more awkward, as culture drifts away from the values and conditions that gave life to a hereditary class.

That's the long version, my initial reaction to your post was:

Holy crap.
Does anyone here actually, genuinely care about this? If so, I'd suggest finding something else to occupy your time.

noemon wrote:Now some people in here have said that people are against Meghan cause she's Black

The media coverage of Meghan Markle has been riddled with spite and a lot of racist dog whistling. If you want a few examples, check out the following Twitter thread.

noemon wrote:This can only be described as an open betrayal against the State of the UK(in normal circumstances they would be tried as traitors), the government, the House of Commons as well as the Queen. And the worst of all is that they are sly traitors, they are playing the media in a way in which they appear to be the victims when in fact their actions can only be described as extreme terrorism.

This is... something of an overreaction, to say the least. :eek:
Noemon's post makes sense. The point is "public office". I find his explanation quite serious and acceptable.

late wrote:Royalty belongs to an era long gone. Bit like having a horse as your daily commuter. The Queen has done an admirable job at saving the institution, but look at your history. What I will describe as an awkward fit in a modern era will likely become more awkward, as culture drifts away from the values and conditions that gave life to a hereditary class.

That's the long version, my initial reaction to your post was:

Holy crap.

You don't understand it accurately because you are American. Your history goes back to only 200 or 250 years. Culture hasn't been changed much for centuries in this part of the world. Europe has many stable things.

You should worry more about The USA. What you wrote above is more likely to be about your country. Donald Trump is quite right about the issue and he is the only one can solve this problem. The USA has an appearent problem of evolving into inferior culture and place of failed South American countries.

You people should disapprove Democratic Party-led Hispanic immigration. You people should join ranks of Republican Party which still defend core American values, founding fathers teachings.

Capitalism, freedom of express, American Conservatism, Libertarianism, small government are things which made the USA a world leader in almost everything.
Istanbuller wrote:
Noemon's post makes sense. The point is "public office". I find his explanation quite serious and acceptable.

You don't understand it accurately because you are American. Your history goes back to only 200 or 250 years. Culture hasn't been changed much for centuries in this part of the world. Europe has many stable things.

You should worry more about The USA. What you wrote above is more likely to be about your country. Donald Trump is quite right about the issue and he is the only one can solve this problem. The USA has an apparent problem of evolving into inferior culture and place of failed South American countries.

You people should disapprove Democratic Party-led Hispanic immigration. You people should join ranks of Republican Party which still defend core American values, founding fathers teachings.

Capitalism, freedom of express, American Conservatism, Libertarianism, small government are things which made the USA a world leader in almost everything.

Let's set the Brit part of that aside, I want to talk about the ridiculous rest of it.

The Modern era is largely a package deal. It's a cooperation between government, business and knowledge institutions.

So after the Civil War, the government got involved in education, research, transportation and regulation.

Which is not small government, of course.

Conservatism is about preserving the status quo. But what we started doing back then was all about making things better.

Immigration is always part of the American story. The craziness we have happening now is temporary.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Assuming it's true. What a jackass. It's like tho[…]

Wishing Georgia and Georgians success as they seek[…]

@FiveofSwords Bamshad et al. (2004) showed, […]

Let's set the philosophical questions to the side[…]