Ukrainegate - Page 66 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By jimjam
Russian hackers targeted the Ukrainian gas company that was a major focus of impeachment proceedings against President Donald Trump, according to a cybersecurity firm that says it discovered the attacks on Burisma Holdings. Area 1 said the campaign to infiltrate Burisma resembles the hacking campaign against Hillary Clinton and the Democratic National Committee in the lead-up to the 2016 presidential election and involves the same unit of the Russian military, known as the GRU. The hacking efforts both involved "phishing," in which attackers use fake emails to trick their victims into clicking on malicious links and giving up access to their data.
By late
jimjam wrote:
Russian hackers targeted the Ukrainian gas company that was a major focus of impeachment proceedings against President Donald Trump, according to a cybersecurity firm that says it discovered the attacks on Burisma Holdings. Area 1 said the campaign to infiltrate Burisma resembles the hacking campaign against Hillary Clinton and the Democratic National Committee in the lead-up to the 2016 presidential election and involves the same unit of the Russian military, known as the GRU. The hacking efforts both involved "phishing," in which attackers use fake emails to trick their victims into clicking on malicious links and giving up access to their data.

You learn to have really low expectations of Republicans, but the enthusiastic embrace of Putin is outrageous.
By jimjam
Pelosi waited until she had the Republican votes necessary to call witnesses. She has them now. This time, Mitch McConnell is defeated. She persisted! This womans's brilliance, grace and patience
are remarkable.

Trump just switched his position from wanting a complete and thorough trial to asking for an immediate dismissal. We don't know what's going on behind the scenes, but this latest reversal indicates Trump is running scared. He knows what the direct fact witnesses know and how they can implicate him.
It's looking like the Senate will have enough votes to compel witness testimony. That's probably what has shaken Trump. After the impeachment trial, there will be more evidence revealed, showing Trump's guilt. Evidence that is now available, but intentionally hidden. How that will play out between now and the elections, should be of major concern to McConnell and the Republicans.
By jimjam
House Democrats have released a trove of documents obtained from Lev Parnas, a close associate of Donald Trump’s personal lawyer Rudy Giuliani, including a handwritten note that mentions asking Ukraine’s president to investigate “the Biden case.” Among the documents is a screenshot of a previously undisclosed letter from Giuliani to Ukrainian president Volodymir Zelenskiy dated 10 May 2019, which was before Zelenskiy took office.

In the letter, Giuliani announces himself as Trump’s personal lawyer and requests a meeting with Zelenskiy “as personal counsel to President Trump and with his knowledge and consent”.
By Stormsmith
President Trump is going to wish he'd hit the high road, after what's been on the news tonight.

Speaker Pelosi said she hopes President Trump goes to prison. She may well be on the right track.
By Hindsite
Stormsmith wrote:President Trump is going to wish he'd hit the high road, after what's been on the news tonight.

Speaker Pelosi said she hopes President Trump goes to prison. She may well be on the right track.

Ted Cruz predicts impeachment will end with acquittal in Senate,

Hannity: The Biden shakedown and the real Ukraine scandal
By late
Hindsite wrote:
Cruz

Hannity

When a gator eats you alive, at least he doesn't tell you he's doing you a favor.

Hannity is Faux...

You may have noticed your compatriots don't usually tell us what sources they are using. They're too embarrassed to admit it.
By Stormsmith
Stormsmith wrote:President Trump is going to wish he'd hit the high road, after what's been on the news tonight.

Apparently Rachel Maddow will interview Lev Parnas tonight. I wonder if Speaker Pelosi is pleased or miffed.

As i've said before, the more that's disclosed now, the greater the probability that Republican senators will not back the president.
By jimjam
Hindsite wrote:Ted Cruz predicts impeachment will end with acquittal in Senate,

Hannity: The Biden shakedown and the real Ukraine scandal

Hannity and Cruz? Arrogant pieces of lying shit.
By Hindsite
jimjam wrote:Hannity and Cruz? Arrogant pieces of lying shit.

You make no complaint about Pelosi repeating Schiff's lie in congress about what Trump said to the new Ukraine president. She quoted the lie that Trump said, "do ME a favor" instead of the truth, "do US a favor." It's the old communist idea to keep repeating a lie often enough so people begin to believe the lie instead of the truth. I don't think the Dem's lies are going to work this time. It certainly will not work with me, because I have had enough of their lies.
By jimjam
Mr. Trump and his allies have insisted that he was pursuing investigations of Joe and Hunter Biden, as well as of Ukraine’s alleged interference in the 2016 election, not for any personal political reason but as part of the American government’s longstanding efforts to address corruption in that country.

This claim was never believable, but now we know the president’s own top aides debunked it. In a May letter, Rudy Giuliani, Mr. Trump’s personal attorney, requested a meeting with Mr. Zelensky, then Ukraine’s president-elect, “in my capacity as personal counsel to President Trump and with his knowledge and consent.” Mr. Giuliani has been leading the charge to drum up charges of corruption by the Bidens, even visiting Ukraine to do more digging while the inquiry was underway. If Mr. Trump truly cared about rooting out systemic corruption, why was he sending his personal lawyer to do the job?

The answer is that the requested investigations were “a domestic political errand,” as Fiona Hill, a Russia expert who worked for the Trump administration, testified before Congress during the impeachment hearings.

Nor were people like Mr. Parnas rogue actors. On Wednesday, Mr. Parnas told The Times, “I am betting my whole life that Trump knew exactly everything that was going on that Rudy Giuliani was doing in Ukraine.”
By jimjam
WASHINGTON — Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said Friday he “never heard” that his top envoy to Ukraine, Ambassador Marie L. Yovanovitch, might have been under surveillance before she was recalled to Washington, accused of being disloyal to President Trump.

“Until this story broke, I had, to the best of my recollection :lol: , had never heard of this at all,” :lol: :lol: Mr. Pompeo told Hugh Hewitt, a popular conservative radio show host.

He did not offer any other details ( the Donald Gang never does :lol: ) during the 11-minute interview except to say that he had “never met”
By Stormsmith
I rather wish Lev Parnas had elaborated on his A G Barr reference. Parnas said something like Trump is more powerful now than he was in 2016, 2017. Barr is the apparent reason for this increase in power. And Parnas claimed to be fearful of Barr.

Barr had sat on a lot of Parna's documents and cell phones etc. But I understand they were sent to Congress in the end.

Lev Parnas, an associate of Rudy Giuliani at the center of the pressure campaign to dig up dirt on Joe Biden, said he is speaking out about his knowledge of President Donald Trump’s pressure campaign in Ukraine because he wanted to “get the truth out,” but he noted that despite doing so, he was more afraid of the Justice Department than of any criminals.

“I regret certain things that I did,” Parnas told MSNBC’s Rachel Maddow in an interview that aired Thursday, the second part of a sweeping discussion about his past work for the president. He later noted he was fearful of U.S. Attorney General William Barr, whom he described as a political power who has only elevated Trump’s authority.

“Am I scared? Yes, because I think I’m more scared of our own Justice Department than these criminals right now. The scariest part is getting locked in some room and being treated as an animal when you did nothing wrong. … That’s the tool they’re using because they’re trying to scare me into not talking.”

Parnas also likened Trump to a “cult leader” who had an unwavering field of Republican lawmakers supporting him.

“It was like being in a cult,” Parnas told Maddow of his dealings with the president. “When they say organized crime? I don’t think Trump is like organized crime. I think he’s like a cult leader.”

He added: “The difference between why Trump is so powerful now… he wasn’t as powerful in ’16 and ’17: He became that powerful when he got William Barr.”

HUFFINGTON POST
By jimjam
Some of the most disturbing and clarifying information Parnas has provided since turning on Trump involves the administration’s fixation on Marie Yovanovitch, the former American ambassador to Ukraine. Trump didn’t just fire her. He told Volodymyr Zelensky, the Ukrainian president, that she was going to “go through some things.” We learned this week that Robert Hyde, a deranged Trumpworld hanger-on and Republican congressional candidate, sent a series of messages to Parnas suggesting he was stalking Yovanovitch.

A lawyer and Fox News regular named Victoria Toensing — who has represented a Kremlin-aligned Ukrainian oligarch who is, according to the Justice Department, an upper-echelon associate of Russian organized crime figures — texted Giuliani saying, “Is there absolute commitment for her to be gone this week?” Why the obsession with Yovanovitch?

Parnas added to the evidence that when it came to Yovanovitch, Trump and his crew willingly allowed themselves to be manipulated by Yuri Lutsenko, a disgraced former chief prosecutor of Ukraine who loathed her for her anti-corruption work. (As the State Department official George Kent said during the impeachment hearings, you can’t fight corruption “without pissing off corrupt people.”) In WhatsApp messages to Parnas, Lutsenko expressed fury that Yovanovitch hadn’t been fired yet. He spoke of all he’d done to push the spurious Biden scandal, adding, “And yet you can’t even get rid of one fool.”

“In that text message to you,” Maddow asked on Thursday, “is Mr. Lutsenko saying, in effect, listen, if you want me to make these Biden allegations, you’re going to have to get rid of this ambassador?” Parnas replied: “Absolutely. Absolutely.”

And this, possibly my personal favorite: Trump has claimed never to have met him but Parnas has said that each time he denies this, he will release another photo of them together. Image

While events are heating up in DC, Donald has been hard at work making America great again by speaking about dishwashers, showers and toilets at rallies.

Impeached President Trump, Godfather of the Donald Gang, is finally turning into the farce/joke that we native New Yorkers always knew he was.
By Hindsite
jimjam wrote:And this, possibly my personal favorite: Trump has claimed never to have met him but Parnas has said that each time he denies this, he will release another photo of them together. Image

While events are heating up in DC, Donald has been hard at work making America great again by speaking about dishwashers, showers and toilets at rallies.

It is clearly a photo shop. Look at those flags in black and white.
By jimjam
Hindsite wrote:It is clearly a photo shop. Look at those flags in black and white.

Image Image

and I included this one because I think it would be way way cool to see a fly fly into Fatso's mouth :lol:

By Hindsite
jimjam wrote:Image
Image Image

and I included this one because I think it would be way way cool to see a fly fly into Fatso's mouth :lol:

Now those are much more convincing photo shop jobs. You should have used them first.
By jimjam
Now those are much more convincing photo shop jobs. You should have used them first. , Rear View

Praise The Lord and Hall e fucking lujah ……. Rear View finally is "convinced" that Impeached President Trump is a pathological liar :D
By late
I wonder how many of Trump's legal team (Parnas was sort of working for Guiliani, who is currently under investigation) will wind up in jail?

As president, he can certainly stop it. Why sho[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

@skinster Hamas committed a terrorist attack(s) […]

Europeans and Russians are educated, this makes t[…]

Was Bataclan or 9/11 an inside job??? @litwin […]