Election 2020 - Page 53 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By colliric
I use YouTube to watch every major International News Channel since they usually upload highlights or someone puts up a direct feed. Plus they all broadcast on their official apps now.

You know what?

RT and Al Jazeera are the best overall, trustworthy reporting. Fox News is the best American News Channel, with PBS the second best. Sky News is ok, their Australian franchise is outstanding.

The "classic channels" like BBC, France 24, CNN and MSNBC(which is essentially Sky News poor quality cousin) have become Neo-lib corporate cesspools. I would even maybe add the German channel DW News to that list. I'd watch ABC News24(Aus's free to air news channel), but I'd never have it as my primary TV news, copy's BBC way too much.
Patrickov wrote:As This Member sometimes points out himself, fake news do not make points good.

However, exaggerations do make points very well.

Godstud wrote:People who think news is fake are simply not inclined to believe anything that doesn't confirm their bias, so they deny reality on that basis. :knife:

That sounds like Godstud to me.

colliric wrote:I use YouTube to watch every major International News Channel since they usually upload highlights or someone puts up a direct feed. Plus they all broadcast on their official apps now.

You know what?

RT and Al Jazeera are the best overall, trustworthy reporting. Fox News is the best American News Channel, with PBS the second best. Sky News is ok, their Australian franchise is outstanding.

The "classic channels" like BBC, France 24, CNN and MSNBC(which is essentially Sky News poor quality cousin) have become Neo-lib corporate cesspools. I would even maybe add the German channel DW News to that list. I'd watch ABC News24(Aus's free to air news channel), but I'd never have it as my primary TV news, copy's BBC way too much.

One America News Network has done some good reporting. Even President Trump congratulated one of their reporters that was questioning him on their network.
Last edited by Hindsite on 15 Jan 2020 05:42, edited 1 time in total.
By BigSteve
Patrickov wrote:More likely my failure to comprehend why My Friend would imply I watch Fox News or believe in Trumpist statements just because I believe fake news exist. I do admit that I probably didn't read My Friend's posts thoroughly.

EDIT: Calling this a cop-out is a bit arbitary.

Godstud is incapable of comprehending that there are those who are not necessarily critical of Trump who also don't watch Fox News...
BigSteve wrote:
Godstud is incapable of comprehending that there are those who are not necessarily critical of Trump who also don't watch Fox News...

If I actually thought that I would not hesitate to voice it out. I thank My Friend for attempting to support my argument, but unfortunately this is not what I have in my mind.
By Godstud
BigSteve wrote:Godstud is incapable of comprehending that there are those who are not necessarily critical of Trump who also don't watch Fox News...
And you are incapable of understanding my point. :knife:

You are also making a typical Strawman argument, as I never said only Trump cultists watch Fox News.

Mind you, Trump fan-boys, such as yourself, do all watch it, don't you?
By BigSteve
Godstud wrote:And you are incapable of understanding my point. :knife:

If you would actually make one maybe we'd find out...

You are also making a typical Strawman argument, as I never said only Trump cultists watch Fox News.

No, but I'm willing to bet that you believe all Trump supporters watch Fox News...

Mind you, Trump fan-boys, such as yourself, do all watch it, don't you?

Wrong.

Again.

You could turn being wrong into a career. You certainly have a knack for it.

I think I last time I watched Fox News with any actual interest was around the same time I last watched MSNBC; during the crushing defeat of Hillary Clinton.

I don't watch television. I don't have cable. I have Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, yadayadayada for my entertainment. I get my news from Reuters and AP.

You label anyone who doesn't agree with you and your silly opinions as Trump supporters, as if your opinions of American politics might actually matter to someone.

Somewhere.

I swear, watching you never-Trumpers drool on yourselves as you clumsily try to be critical of Trump's supporters is funny...
By Godstud
:lol:

I have neither the time, nor the crayons, to explain this to you.
By late
Godstud wrote:

Back in the 80s, a lot of Republicans started pretending they weren't Republican.

They would say they were something else, but still vote Republican. It's something of a tradition now.
By BigSteve
Godstud wrote::lol:

Well, if you'd stop eating them perhaps you'd be better able to do it...
By Godstud
:lol:

You're just lucky I don't mock the mentally handicapped, unlike a certain US president.
By Drlee
@Godstud I have neither the time, nor the crayons, to explain this to you.

Best retort ever. Godstud for the win.
By BigSteve
Drlee wrote:Best retort ever. Godstud for the win.

Your easily impressed. No wonder you show such adoration for GS.

His comment was stupid. He believes that anyone who supports Trump watches Fox News. That's incorrect. He's wrong.

But he'll never exhibit the character required to admit that...
By Drlee
@BigSteve Your easily[sic] impressed.

English much?

Actually, if you pay attention, you will see that Godstud and I are on opposite sides in a great many debates. He is a "liberal" and I am a "conservative" by the US definition.

I do respect his opinions. I would respect yours also if you could learn to respectfully.....
By BigSteve
Drlee wrote:@BigSteve Your easily[sic] impressed.

English much?

Oh, my. I was unaware your resume included "grammar nazi". How childish of you.

That's what I get for using voice-to-text.

Actually, if you pay attention, you will see that Godstud and I are on opposite sides in a great many debates. He is a "liberal" and I am a "conservative" by the US definition.

I do respect his opinions. I would respect yours also if you could learn to respectfully.....

And not an iota of that negates the stupidity of his comments or the inaccuracy of his opinion...
By colliric

Lol Jimmy was totally right!

Warren is an embarrassment....

CNN are totally corrupt really.
By Godstud
BigSteve wrote:He believes that anyone who supports Trump watches Fox News. That's incorrect. He's wrong.
No. You are wrong, as you were taking Patrickov's opinion on what I said, as my opinion.

Patrickov wrote:More likely my failure to comprehend why My Friend would imply I watch Fox News or believe in Trumpist statements just because I believe fake news exist. I do admit that I probably didn't read My Friend's posts thoroughly.
I made the implication that you can watch Fox News, no matter where you are. That was it. I never said that all Trump fans watch Fox News. YOU, @BigSteve, made that strawman.

Later, when you made your stupid comment, in response, I said this:
Godstud wrote:Mind you, Trump fan-boys, such as yourself, do all watch it, don't you?
I believe this statement, is pretty accurate, as you yourself are a rabid Trump supporter, despite often stating otherwise. Most(I never said ever said all) Trump fan-boys tend to enjoy Fox News, as it's confirmation bias for their opinions.
By Donna
Lol Warren's campaign is collapsing. She's a fish out of water now, desperately clawing at Sanders as the nomination slips out of her hands in the final stretch of the primaries. Like Hillary she is probably inconsolable and her worst character traits are beginning to show, exposing her as the cunning opportunist that she is.

Germany had the betrayal of the SPD, America had Elizabeth Warren.
By BigSteve
Godstud wrote:No. You are wrong, as you were taking Patrickov's opinion on what I said, as my opinion.

I form my opinion of you only on what you say...

I never said that all Trump fans watch Fox News.

So, you're denying you said this?

"Mind you, Trump fan-boys, such as yourself, do all watch it, don't you?

Now, you can try to clumsily spin that any way you want, but you're only going to make yourself look silly.

Well, sillier.

You said it...

Later, when you made your stupid comment, in response, I said this:
I believe this statement, is pretty accurate, as you yourself are a rabid Trump supporter, despite often stating otherwise. Most(I never said ever said all) Trump fan-boys tend to enjoy Fox News, as it's confirmation bias for their opinions.

You're either unable to comprehend what you wrote or you're being intentionally dishonest.

You never said "tend to enjoy Fox News" ever. You said "Mind you, Trump fan-boys, such as yourself, do all watch it, don't you?"

I copied only what you wrote, and you hate that you've been called out on it. Instead of just admitting you said it, you'll now say something even more profoundly stupid like "It was a question and not a statement" or something equally lame.

For the love of everything holy, man up and admit you said it.

I also think it's funny (and stupid) to believe that anyone who disagrees with you is a "rabid Trump supporter". Clearly you believe that's the only way you can ever hope to win an argument, but it only guarantees that you'll come out on the shit end of the stick on every debate you have...
By Godstud
BigSteve wrote:I form my opinion of you only on what you say...
No, you quoted Patrickov and used his quote to say what I was saying. Your take-away was incorrect.

BigSteve wrote:So, you're denying you said this?
You would have quoted me, if I HAD said it, which I hadn't.

Godstud wrote:Mind you, Trump fan-boys, such as yourself, do all watch it, don't you ?
I was aiming that at you, and wasn't not meant to imply all Trump supporters are Fox news watchers. I am sure the die-hard Trump fan-boys(such as yourself) DO all watch Fox News. It's their propaganda and confirmation bias source. That is to mean, the Trump-zealots watch it. That would be a very accurate statement, any day of the year.

I am sorry I wasn't clear enough for you, but again I am on a forum where people are supposed to be able to comprehend basic English. Context is important, as is the words BEFORE: "Trump fan-boys, such as yourself", are. That's called a qualifying statement, in the English language.

BigSteve wrote:You're either unable to comprehend what you wrote or you're being intentionally dishonest.

Neither, but you're either rude or obnoxious. Which is it?

BigSteve wrote:For the love of everything holy, man up and admit you said it...
:lol: Admit that you don't know what a fucking question mark is, and I will admit to your BS. :lol:

Here are some videos I just watched , that gives a[…]

Sure. No ethnogenesis in the past doesn't mean no[…]

In 1900, Europe had THREE TIMES the population of […]

@Rancid it's hard to know, we'd need to see how […]