Trump has been impeached - Page 22 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
#15059832
SpecialOlympian wrote:Lmbo yeah whatever, nerd. Bernie Sanders is a socialist. He wants to give people free stuff. That's bad, or so I've been told.


I know this is just part of your being funny (or trying to) schtick, but nothing is ''free'' in Socialism. You have to work, because it's the whole population working that provides the means to share the fruits of that labor equitably for each individual person in a Socialist society. Sanders is just a Shill not a Socialist, with fancy cars and multiple homes, well paid for his welfarism policies.
#15059834
BigSteve wrote:No, I'm really not.

Some people just deserved to be insulted. Sanders is one such person...


No one cares about your little displays of anger.

Back to the topic:

Public healthcare is not only affordable, but would also significantly improve things like life expectancy and mortality amenable to medical treatment.
#15059835
Pants-of-dog wrote:No one cares about your little displays of anger.


Clearly you do, as you keep talking about them...

LOL!

Again, I was unaware that use of the word "fuck" ruffled your feathers.

It's funny, though...

Public healthcare is not only affordable, but would also significantly improve things like life expectancy and mortality amenable to medical treatment.


How do we pay for it?
#15059836
Patrickov wrote:Sanders' beliefs will never be accepted by the likes of me. Most people I meet or know, as well as myself, believe what he believes or wants are fuckin' lunatic, so he is never going to be elected. Besides, we are concerned with his health -- as far as I know he has a cardiac problem.

Fucking bullshit from a numb nuts hyper liberal. And, no, I am not angry. I am just run of the mill repulsive.

Pants-of-dog wrote:If you go around swearing and insulting people, then yes, you are angry.


No man. that just means that he loves and respects all of his fellow posters. The proof is in his massive POFO card collection :lol:

Furthermore, now that I have learned "socialism" for giant corporations via tax laws that they write for themselves os OK but anything that offers help to the bottom 10% is not OK ….. I intend to discontinue my Social Security and Medicare immediately. No way will I be a "Socialist" :?:
Last edited by jimjam on 17 Jan 2020 17:12, edited 1 time in total.
#15059837
annatar1914 wrote:Sanders is just a Shill not a Socialist, with fancy cars and multiple homes, well paid for his welfarism policies.


Who is paying him?

It is a bit sick to denounce someone rallying for a just cause simply because the person in concern gets rich from it.
#15059839
Who is paying him?


I'm sure he has a lot of sponsors, but he's lived off the American taxpayer his entire life, has always been in the government.

It is a bit sick to denounce someone rallying for a just cause simply because the person in concern gets rich from it.


:eh: :roll:

It isn't a ''Just Cause'' because encouraging welfarism isn't just, and he's lived off the American taxpayer as I said.
#15059840
BigSteve wrote:...random irrelevant stuff....

How do we pay for it?


The same way you already pay for the public funds you have already invested: through taxes and other forms of government revenue.
#15059841
Patrickov wrote:Biden had been vice-president himself. If he doesn't understand the mechanism then I will say he is simply not up to the job.


While I agree my point is even Biden with limited cognitive ability knows universal health care can not deliver on it's promises and therefore is political suicide. It's seems the supporters want to "shame" people into agreeing to something that will destroy our economy and health care as we know it (and that is just one of his policies). That is all they have.
#15059845
Finfinder wrote:While I agree, my point is even Biden (with limited cognitive ability) knows universal health care can not deliver on its promises and therefore is political suicide.


This is incorrect.

Universal public health care is cheaper than what you have now. And not only do all other developed countries do it, so do many developing countries.

Are you saying that the USA cannot do what Cuba does?

It seems that the supporters want to "shame" people into agreeing to something that will destroy our economy and health care as we know it (and that is just one of his policies). That is all they have.


Unverifiable ad hominem.
#15059847
Pants-of-dog wrote:The same way you already pay for the public funds you have already invested: through taxes and other forms of government revenue.


So we should be taxed more?
#15059848
annatar1914 wrote:It isn't a ''Just Cause'' because encouraging welfarism isn't just, and he's lived off the American taxpayer as I said.


I can oppose a policy that I see not fit, but that doesn't mean the advocate of said policy does not deserve the money.

Of course, if the person in concern only advocates policies or stances with the intention to harm us then it is a different story.
#15059850
Patrickov wrote:I can oppose a policy that I see not fit, but that doesn't mean the advocate of said policy does not deserve the money.

Of course, if the person in concern only advocates policies or stances with the intention to harm us then it is a different story.


:roll:

If the person's whole job is to divert people into becoming useless parasitic drones while becoming rich for said lifelong advocacy, I'd say that that person is a pretty rotten human being. You may think otherwise but it's what the issue truly boils down to.
#15059851
annatar1914 wrote:If the person's whole job is to divert people into becoming useless parasitic drones while becoming rich for said lifelong advocacy, I'd say that that person is a pretty rotten human being. You may think otherwise but it's what the issue truly boils down to.


It is a rather strong criticism which takes quite some evidence to prove.

For example, was the said welfare advocated without any kind of qualification mechanism suggested?

Edit: I rather see some welfare as a necessity to avoid some people going violent on being disenfranchised. Having a few parasites might be better than having a bunch of aggressive viruses, but of course it depends on how we handle it.
Last edited by Patrickov on 17 Jan 2020 17:51, edited 1 time in total.
#15059853
BigSteve wrote:So we should be taxed more?


No.

I will repeat myself.

You will pay LESS.

This is because you guys already pay MORE than countries that have universal public health care.

Let me know if you need this mentioned a fourth time.
#15059858
It is a rather strong criticism which takes quite some evidence to prove.


The evidence is there for anyone to examine in good faith, I stopped doing anyone's homework a long time ago.

For example, was the said welfare advocated without any kind of qualification mechanism suggested?


Everything comes at a price, especially welfarism.

Edit: I rather see some welfare as a necessity to avoid some people going violent on being disenfranchised. Having a few parasites might be better than having a bunch of aggressive viruses, but of course it depends on how we handle it.


I don't take such a utilitarian and dehumanizing approach to other human beings, sorry.
#15059866
annatar1914 wrote:Everything comes at a price, especially welfarism.


True. What I don't agree is to arbitrarily place criticism that "someone is blatantly ignoring this".


annatar1914 wrote:I don't take such a utilitarian and dehumanizing approach to other human beings, sorry.


May I assert that I am not the one who stated "turning people into parasite" in the first place.
#15059887
Pants-of-dog wrote:No.

I will repeat myself.

You will pay LESS.

This is because you guys already pay MORE than countries that have universal public health care.

Let me know if you need this mentioned a fourth time.


So we'll see a tax cut and all Americans will get health coverage?
#15059890
BigSteve wrote:So we'll see a tax cut and all Americans will get health coverage?


If you folks were capable of electing Sanders and standing up to the insurance companies who have bribed your politicians, then yes, you would get better health care at a lower cost.

So, probably not.
#15059891
Pants-of-dog wrote:If you folks were capable of electing Sanders and standing up to the insurance companies who have bribed your politicians, then yes, you would get better health care at a lower cost.

So, probably not.


So, would Americans get a tax cut?
By late
#15059892
BigSteve wrote:
So, would Americans get a tax cut?



Your insurance payment would get cut.

If you're an employer, your payments for insurance for them would go away.
  • 1
  • 20
  • 21
  • 22
  • 23
  • 24
  • 40

Of course the Republicans are epic hypocrites and […]

What is Fascism

National ownership can be possible only in a dict[…]

Volcker was appointed by Carter. I was around […]

A movement to abolish poverty in China is actually[…]