Yakety Yak (don't talk back) - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By late
I find the lack of responses to my recent posts about the Ukraine thing intriguing.

I suspect we are feeling a bit overwhelmed.

Parnas dragged a lot of the Trump crowd in, Pence, Barr, Nunes, the gang's all here..

I doubt that the corrupt will suddenly develop ethical standards. But holy crap, pulling it all together like that, it feels like getting slapped in the face by a pretty woman. Shocking, disappointing, primally exciting, all to once.
Donna wrote:
The Ukraine is weak. It's feeble.

But not nearly as weak as your defense of Trump.

Hard to after he admitted it publicly, and then that was followed up with a dozen witnesses...

You could build a case based on his admission in the "perfect phone call'. And another case based on witnesses and evidence. You could build a third case based on all the evidence and testimony that Trump is hiding...

Which is to say the case isn't weak. It's as good as it gets.
late wrote:I find the lack of responses to my recent posts about the Ukraine thing intriguing.

I suspect we are feeling a bit overwhelmed.

Parnas dragged a lot of the Trump crowd in, Pence, Barr, Nunes, the gang's all here..

I doubt that the corrupt will suddenly develop ethical standards. But holy crap, pulling it all together like that, it feels like getting slapped in the face by a pretty woman. Shocking, disappointing, primally exciting, all to once.

It's probably because you are banging the same drum and it's boring people.
Sivad wrote:I come from Ukraine, you not say Ukraine is weak!

Ukraine stronk! :excited:
Late

I feel a tad overwhelmed,and today is the end of Christmas. The poinsettias are bald. But Lev Parnas has intrigued me. His reference to Barr in particular.
Stormsmith wrote:
Late

I feel a tad overwhelmed,and today is the end of Christmas. The poinsettias are bald. But Lev Parnas has intrigued me. His reference to Barr in particular.

Just for giggles, let's say Trump and Pence both get impeached and removed.

Pelosi becomes president. Not that there is a chance justice will be served, but having someone that isn't an idiot as president, that thought makes me smile.
late wrote:Just for giggles, let's say Trump and Pence both get impeached and removed.

Pelosi becomes president. Not that there is a chance justice will be served, but having someone that isn't an idiot as president, that thought makes me smile.

If the people want an idiot as their President, then that is their right. As HL Mencken once said: "As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."

That glorious day dawned on Friday, January 20, 2017. Hallelujah!! :D
Potemkin wrote:
If the people want an idiot as their President, then that is their right

3 million more voted for Hillary.

We're talking about corruption, not 'the' people...
late wrote:3 million more voted for Hillary.

We're talking about corruption, not 'the' people...

Then why do they not demand the abolition of the Electoral College? No, they knew the rules going in, and they have accepted the result as 'democratic'. Let them live with it. :)
Potemkin wrote:
Then why do they not demand the abolition of the Electoral College? No, they knew the rules going in, and they have accepted the result as 'democratic'. Let them live with it.

The rules "going in" included impeachment.

Just FYI, the bigotry is resulting in a growing disparity between the will of the people, and the outcomes of voting. The result is not democracy, but instead what you get is minority rule.

Some people are willing to burn the country to the ground, as long as they get to rule over the ashes.
late wrote:The rules "going in" included impeachment.

Indeed. What is your point? :eh:

Just FYI, the bigotry is resulting in a growing disparity between the will of the people, and the outcomes of voting. The result is not democracy, but instead what you get is minority rule.

The 'minority rule' is a direct result of the Electoral College, which was created in order to protect the rights of the smaller states in the Union. The USA began life not so much as a nation-state but as a loose union of semi-autonomous states, which must be placated if they are to be kept in the Union. The Electoral College exists for very good reasons, and no-one seems to be in a hurry to abolish it. Not even you, it seems.

Some people are willing to burn the country to the ground, as long as they get to rule over the ashes.

Indeed. And who are these people...? :eh:

@KurtFF8 Litwin wages a psyops war here but we […]

[usermention=41202] @late[/usermention] Are you[…]

[usermention=41202] @late[/usermention] The[…]

I (still) have a dream

Because the child's cattle-like parents "fol[…]